Search Unity

[RELEASED] Breadcrumb Ai (v2.0 IN DEVELOPMENT)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by kbmikemood, Sep 16, 2014.

1. hopeful

hopeful

Yup. I think he bit off too big of a chunk on the update, and consequently we have nothing.

2. kbmikemood

kbmikemood

Development on the next version has continuously been interrupted by my gamedev jobs (real work :(), I'm still working on it, as it's something I enjoy working on. I just cannot give anymore promises on release, etc.

Having said that, the new version is called BreadcrumbAi Pro and will be $30 as a new asset, however, existing owners of BreadcrumbAi will get a free upgrade for the first 2 months of release. A lot more work has gone into this asset and is set to be quite customizable for behaviours.

I haven't put many updates on here because 90% of the time that happens I get e-mails with feature requests, which delays me releasing it even more haha. Sorry for the delay everyone!! :(

Brity, KingLlama and hopeful like this.
  3. wood333

wood333

I just sent a nudge to his email account. We'll see if he checks in with us.

4. siblingrivalry

siblingrivalry

Hi, is this still being maintained? Your website with demo seems to be down.

Cheers

5. wood333

wood333

The developer spends most of his time on his day job, but he has told us he will continue to work on this asset. You might email him directly, if you have questions.

6. KingLlama

KingLlama

Can this work with UFPS?

7. guyal

guyal

Yes, I've used it with UFPS in a prototype. There's a standard breadcrumb script to add to the UFPS player object which makes the breadcrumb creatures recognize and track the player. For other purposes, the breadcrumb creatures are normal unity objects moving around the scene and can interact with the UFPS player like any other object, e.g. get hit by any weapon your UFPS player has.

KingLlama likes this.
  8. DrewMedina

DrewMedina

anyone or Dev know, is there a way to use legacy animations with your included script? I have many characters made with legacy anims that I would love to use with this cool ai! love it otherwise. Or whats a good way to convert my legacy stuff to work? Is that a standar conversion or special to your setup?
    thanks!

9. siumanchun

siumanchun

Breadcrumb Ai v2.0 Please Support Playmaker Plugin Action !

10. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

regards, and sorry my inglish.

great assets, I really like the behavior of the Ai, I have an error when I hit the play, I get the following error ..

Tag: Breadcrumb is not defined.
    UnityEngine.GameObject:set_tag(String)
    BreadcrumbAi.Breadcrumbs:InitPooling() (at Assets/BreadcrumbAi/Ai/Scripts/Breadcrumbs.cs:85)
    BreadcrumbAi.Breadcrumbs:Start() (at Assets/BreadcrumbAi/Ai/Scripts/Breadcrumbs.cs:38)

and

A game object can only be in one layer. The layer needs to be in the range [0...31]
    UnityEngine.GameObject:set_layer(Int32)
    BreadcrumbAi.Breadcrumbs:InitPooling() (at Assets/BreadcrumbAi/Ai/Scripts/Breadcrumbs.cs:83)
    BreadcrumbAi.Breadcrumbs:Start() (at Assets/BreadcrumbAi/Ai/Scripts/Breadcrumbs.cs:38)

Can you help me?, use unity 7.2.03f
    thx!

11. hopeful

hopeful

I believe this plugin isn't being supported any more. Try to contact the developer using his support email, to see if you can get a response.

12. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

ok, thanks!

13. Vampyr_Engel

Vampyr_Engel

Excuse me does this enable A.I characters to work on a sphere?

14. LostPhilosopher

LostPhilosopher

Is this still alive?

15. hopeful

hopeful

No. Long dead.

16. LostPhilosopher

LostPhilosopher

Sad it seems like a promising asset .there are not many great assets like this on asset store.

17. hopeful

hopeful

It was more like a free tutorial piece that the dev charged for, with the idea that it would be further developed, only it wasn't.

If you want to pay for a tutorial type project where the dev is actively developing and taking suggestions from his customers, check out GKC. There's a lot of value in that package.

18. banxX

banxX

I wrote a separate script to do the animation but it's not responding from the model and has no errors could you help

using System.Collections;
    using System.Collections.Generic;
    using UnityEngine;
    using BreadcrumbAi;
    public class EmAnim : MonoBehaviour {

private Ai ai;
    public Animator anim;

// Use this for initialization
    void Start ()
    {
    ai = GetComponent<Ai>();
    anim = GetComponent<Animator>();
    }

// Update is called once per frame
    void Update () {

if (ai.moveState == Ai.MOVEMENT_STATE.IsIdle)
    {
    anim.SetBool("Idle", true);
    anim.SetBool("Walking", false);
    anim.SetBool("Run", false);
    }
    if (ai.moveState == Ai.MOVEMENT_STATE.IsPatrolling)
    {
    anim.SetBool("Walking", true);
    anim.SetBool("Idle", false);
    anim.SetBool("Run", false);
    }
    if (ai.moveState == Ai.MOVEMENT_STATE.IsFollowingAi)
    {
    anim.SetBool("Run", true);
    }

if (ai.moveState == Ai.MOVEMENT_STATE.IsFollowingPlayer)
    {
    anim.SetBool("Run", true);
    }

}

}

JamesArndt likes this.
  19. steveh2112

steveh2112

i guess this thread is long dead and you are on your own if you want to use this asset, but it seems useful based on my 30 minute play around.

what about patrol? not implemented?i guess it needs some waypoints, haven't figured it out yet.

but i noticed the vision only looks at the players origin (feet) so doesn't work well on uneven terrain. i'll add code to check head too.

i'm not going to bother putting my fixes on here but if anyone else is using then ,feel free to PM me, i'll share what i can.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
  20. Legendile7

Legendile7

Darn, I was really hoping for v2 to be released but I don't think that's ever happening.