Search Unity

[Released] Bolt, The new generation of networking solution for unity!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by fholm, May 30, 2014.

1. DirtyHippy

DirtyHippy

The site is now back up and fholm is working on a release to fix many of the existing issues towards a stable release.

GoGoGadget, John-G and hopeful like this.
  2. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

So now it is called photon bolt in the asset store and cost $80.
    I wonder if we beta buyers will get that version too and how?

3. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

4. Tortyfoo

Tortyfoo

I really hope we don't have to buy it again. I bought Bolt beta and likewise new Bolt claims not owned and costs $80. At the very least it should use the Upgrade feature now available in Asset Store and reduce it by the $80 it costs for original version of Bolt so making it free. If it can't be free just make it $1 for existing users.

It is a real kick on the teeth to force us to re-buy the asset just because fholm sold it to Exit Games.

5. DirtyHippy

DirtyHippy

You should not have to buy it again. There is no difference between the versions as far as I know - they are simply rebranding Bolt on the Asset store. In fact, the source changes being made at this point for new versions are still being checked in against the Github repo that we have used for the past year that you should still have access to if you purchased Bolt before June 1. Jump on the Jabbr chat channel if you want to find out more information from some active Bolt users. Currently the most recent version of Bolt is not typically on the Asset store, but rather is available via the Bolt download page with your invoice number.

This post I have on the new Photon forums also contains a lot of useful information: http://forum.photonengine.com/discussion/6321/welcome-and-current-state-of-bolt#latest

6. messy6

messy6

Where can I find a good tutorial on how to set up a Zeus Master Server for my Bolt Engine game. The In Depth - Zeus (Master Server) guide on the website doesn't explain the process very well.

7. sathya

sathya

Hi,
    Trying it here as no one is replying to mails sent to "developer@photonengine.com".

If we can integrate Listen server for our racing game and if host gets disconnected or leaves the game current game closes which is not good.
    As discussed in earlier we need to handle our own host migration system, If you can help me here, Please elaborate how this can be achieved ?
    Do we need to create another game completely and connect rest of the players to that machine or can we implement a system such that next player should be the host when current host gets disconnected. This type of system is implemented in Call of duty series i suppose.
    If we can implement this system with Bolt it would be just awesome. Thanks in advance.

8. MrG

MrG

Sounds more like you need a reliable host server that's not a player and stays up running instances of your game for players, and perhaps takes over for players that drop out running their units as AI..

9. stanchion0

stanchion0

Come to the Jabbr we'll help you out

10. sluice

sluice

11. silentneedle

silentneedle

Is there currently any way to purchase the old source before bolt got bought by exit games?

12. hopeful

hopeful

You could try contacting fholm and asking him. I'm not sure how that is done these days, though.

Bolt is now owned by Photon, but maybe he could give / sell you an old but stable version, like something around v3.1.

13. twommm

twommm

14. Stanchion

Stanchion

15. ZoneOfTanks

ZoneOfTanks

AwesomeX likes this.
  16. Stanchion

Stanchion

1.0 is coming soon along with Steam integration

17. montyfi

montyfi

I'm wondering if xbox one support is still on your todo list or you gave up on that?

18. Stanchion

Stanchion

We already have a few people we know of using Bolt on XB1, Consoles and Mobile will be the focus in 2016

19. Stanchion

Stanchion

Holiday sale for Bolt is on, 50% off

20. SuperNewbee

SuperNewbee

I just tried bolt and it looks like it has potential. I am getting all sorts of obsolete messages and the tutorial is getting really frustrating. Are the docs correct? I keep getting 2 cubes (as soon as client joins) instead of one, no matter how many times I follow the tutorial.

mimminito likes this.
  21. mimminito

mimminito

I had the same. Since it was taken over by Photon, things seem to have gone bad...

22. John-G

John-G

2 cubes is correct one is server other is client. You can control them independent from relevant window. That is if your far enough into the tutorial for movement scripting.

23. SuperNewbee

SuperNewbee

DOH!!! . I looks like you are correct. I stopped reading the tutorial a bit early, because I got exited once I got to the got to the build section. (second last sentence). I repeated this mistake for 3 hours. Thanks for clarifying this for me.

Yukichu and John-G like this.
  24. Recon03

Recon03

no.... Bolt has gotten 10 times better, this is not the correct forum either by the way...There is a new one called Photon Bolt... Plus they help people all the time when needed and new tuts on the package now and they plan to add some more since I did ask for some for the new people... for You Tube... So one of the devs said they are working on some new ones... But I suggest you go to there forums.. and they have a chat channel as well..

25. Stanchion

Stanchion

New thread is here forum.unity3d.com/threads/photon-bolt.374376/
    If you need help post on forum or the chat

26. Recon03

Recon03

Thanks for the redirect. I would ask if they could close this?? Just so people will get the help that is needed in the correct forum incase they miss the link.
    Thanks again Stanchion for the post!

27. Ziron999

Ziron999

i'm not seeing a navmesh example still?

28. Yukichu

Yukichu

Posted in the wrong thread. This thread needs to be disabled.
    new thread is: forum.unity3d.com/threads/photon-bolt.374376/