Search Unity

[RELEASED] BattleMancer - The Universal Weapon Systems

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vel_1828, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Vel_1828

Vel_1828

It would require a bit of code tweaking, but yes - it is absolutely possible. In fact, cross-implementation is planned as one of the future updates for both systems. :)

Ps: sorry for delayed answer - I am a lot quicker with emails than forum posts. ;)

2. Timur2015

Timur2015

Hello. After adding new weapons when the game starts the camera is not moving while selecting your weapon. Did this lesson
    How to fix this problem?

3. Vel_1828

Vel_1828

May be a problem with Mouse Look script. Are there any errors ? Check if there aren't multiple instances of Mouse Look script and/or if the Input Manager is set accordingly to the documentation attached to the package. :)
    Please, if you had any further questions, use the e-mail: marcin.g.tomala@gmail.com - it's easier for me to check the mail than forum. ;)

4. Duffer123

Duffer123

@Vel_1828 ,

Is the Melee combat system included within this system?

Is Playmaker integration included?

Is bow and arrow type weapons supported with arrow arc?

How well does this play or integrate with opsive's TPC and behaviour designer?

5. Vel_1828

Vel_1828

1. Yes, BattleMancer has it's own Melee features, which work like in Skyrim (distance and angle check). If you're asking if another of our assets - the BladeSmith Precision Melee Combat System - is included in the BattleMancer, then unfortunately no - these are two completely different systems, working on different principles.

2. BattleMancer was never tested under PlayMaker. It may work fine, but it can not be guaranted.

3. Mostly yes. There is no "bowstring drawing time" feature, but it can be "faked, as stated in one of the previous posts here.

4. Same rule applies to TPC as to Playmaker - it wasn't officialy tested. It would be hard to test this asset for compatibility with every System available at the Asset Store. :)

6. Duffer123

Duffer123

@Vel_1828 ,
    Thanks for your quick response. Sounds to me you're melee combat is more on the money for my RPG project...

7. AxelOz

AxelOz

hopeful likes this.
  8. hopeful

hopeful

I'm getting the same errors.

9. Vel_1828

Vel_1828

That's unnatural. What version of Unity are you using?

10. AxelOz

AxelOz

hello, Im using 5.5.1

11. AxelOz

AxelOz

I hope you can help me because right now the asset is useless for me, I try in a clean copy of my project + your asset and not work the asset for me.

12. Vel_1828

Vel_1828

Unfortunately, it looks like the "upgrade" of Unity 5.4 to Unity 5.5 version brakes most of the scripts which were made before Unity 5.5. For now, if it's possible, try using Unity 5.4, under which the Asset works fine (just remember to download a fresh copy from your Downloads Page).

I am contacting the Unity Support right now to find a fix for this problem.

13. tatakaeotaking9000

tatakaeotaking9000

So, is there any solutions or something to 5.5 problem?( Just recently bought asset and it's got a lot of errors like in upper messages.

14. tatakaeotaking9000

tatakaeotaking9000

Really don't want to give a few star rating on assetstore, because asset perfectly fits to my project, so please fix this, or at least give some sort of info about how it going(

15. Vel_1828

Vel_1828

Indeed a fix is already done - in a day or two it will be sent to Asset Store for review (it takes a week or two for the Asset Store Team to finish) and it will be back to order for Unity 5.5. Users. :)

16. SkullKing

SkullKing

I am really interested in this, but first I have a few questions:

Does this work using mecanim version or legacy only?

does it allow to chose different ammo for the same weapons, each shooting different projectiles?

Does it support different weapons in the right and left hands?

Does it support Shields?

does it allow charge attacks?(ranged and melee?)

In the Sword scene the character stops moving to attack, is there a third person melee option with free movement?

does it allow different attacks with the same melee weapon?(e.g.: Swing and thrust)

the melee strikes are animated how? Do they use IK, or is the character itself animated?

Does it support different stances (e.g.:Two-handed and one handed) for the same melee weapon?

how hard would it be to add a Stamina system to this?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  17. Vel_1828

Vel_1828

Before all else, to everyone's notice - BattleMancer now works with Unity 5.5 as it should! :)

About the reply, I will point out all the answers:
    1. BM uses Legacy only - Mecanim rewrite would be possible, but on the client-side.
    2. Every weapon can have out to 2 different firing/attack modes (think Unreal Tournament or two different melee strikes). Each can use different ammo.
    3. It can support different hands for each weapon - it requires custom controller from client-side but it's posible.
    4. It doesn't have native shields, but they can be "improvised" with any object with a collider.
    5. No charged attacks, though a delay animation can be used before attack.
    6. In sword scene the stopping was unintentional. You can move and attack. :)
    7. Up to 2 different attacks per weapon (as above)
    8.In the demo scene the weapons are a child object of the character, having individual animations outside of character animations (character and weapon animaitons are not interconnected)
    9. No stances.
    10. Depending on how it would be working - from easy to difficult. :)

BUT!
    As I see you may indeed need a different Asset from our stables: BladeSmith handles melee combat positively in most of your questions, being absolutely mecanim-animation driven, with no constraints ;) take a look here: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/56981

In case of any other questions (both about BattleMancer and BladeSmith), please send me an e-mail at marcin.g.tomala@gmail.com - I am far quicker with e-mail than forum ;)

18. JDrem1

JDrem1

Hi guys.

I have a few questions I wanted to ask. I wonder if anyone could give me some feedback on each question please.

Please forgive if some are obvious. I just wanted to make sure.
    I'm a bit of a noob, and would rather look like a bit of a buffoon. :p and know, than not ask, and sit here scratching the old bean.

Ill try to get the really obvious questions out the way first. (they are all probably obvious mind. ;)

1. Im specifically looking for a system that allows me to be able to start learning, and working on in VR.
    I read one review that said it worked in VR, is this relatively easy to get up ad running using VR please?

2. After watching the videos, I just wanted to make sure that any weapon model (for the specific actions 1H 2H melee / range could be placed in the game. Its not restricted to stock weapons that come with the asset?

3. Is it possible to learn and use without having to know, or write code / script.
    Or is scripting necessary please?

4. I saw it was for legacy animation only. Is this or has this changed, and allows mecanim?

5.And this is very important to me. :D I know the blurb says "any weapon" and I some crazy weapon effects in the video. But as the current project I am working on ATM is a medieval high fantasy theme, I was looking at that type of combat.
    I saw a picture of a crossbow in the Asset art. However for ranged, (as well as magic) I am looking bows. Is archery included please?

6. If BM Weapon Systems is purchased, and offers melee as part of the package.
    Could anyone please let me know the benefits of also owning BS Melee Combat System.
    And again please forgive,if I missed this answer on the store page.

I hope someone can help with the questions.
    And appreciate any advice.

Best Regards.

Andy. :)

JRD likes this.
  19. JDrem1

JDrem1

Hi any help to my previous post, would be very much appreciated.

20. Vel_1828

Vel_1828

Hello!
    Generally, a direct e-mail works a lot faster as I do not check Forum as ofter as my mailbox, but still ;)

1. It should be working fine as long as you can asign your VR controllers to default Unity Input Manager (on which BattleMancer is based).

2. Of course - you can (and should! ;) ) use any models, sounds, assets etc. as you wish. The demo weapons are there only to show some basic concepts and ideas of a small particle of weapons that you can create yourself with this system.

3. BattleMancer is Input Driven - so as long as you need Player Input to performa ll weapon-oriented actions, no scripting is necessary. If you wish your AI enemies to shoot though, you will obviously have to write (or otherwise get) their AI scripts by your own - then a single code of script (mentioned in th eImplemented Documentation of the BattleMancer System) is enough for your enemies to shoot. :)

4. Unfortunately, still Legacy. Mecanim transition proven to be much tougher than we though. ;)

5. Archery (as mentioned somewhere before in this thread) can be made, just not in a typical "Hold Fire longer to hit harder" way. It can be achieved in a way of setting a predefined Warmup animation (with fixed duration) after which a shot is fired automatically (so you don't hold the bowstring as long as you wish, but click fire and character pulls the bowstring and fires automatically). It takes away the all-present sluggish Skyrim archery, but allows you to create more types of bows - ones which have shorter and longer draw time for example (like a short bow with quick rate of drawing but low damage, and an Uruk Hai bow which draws slower but hits like a truck ;p ). Still, as you are aiming in VR, we do not provide the famous "draw by your own hand " bows of VR (like in all archery demos for VR around). That would have to be scripted outside of BatleMancer :/

6. Unfortunately, BattleMancer and BladeSmith are two completely different systems and there are not compatibile with each other. One is for making any weapon you wish, ranged or melee (with Melee being just an approximation, exactely the same as in Skyrim), and the other one is for making a razor-sharp hit detection in your games (VR swords and arrows or Dark Souls combat). :)

21. dayero

dayero

I just started to dabble a bit in unity again and updated an old project with battlemancer. I used the old javascript 2d version which doesn't exist anymore. Has the C# version been updated to support 2d or is 2d now impossible with battlemancer?