Search Unity

[RELEASED] BattleMancer - The Universal Weapon Systems

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vel_1828, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Vel_1828

Vel_1828

[This is a General Discussion Thread. For technical support and direct contact, send an e-mail to marcin.g.tomala@gmail.com for a faster reply)

The Battlemancer is now available in JS and C# - all in the same package.

The BattleMancer Weapon Systems is a toolkit, designed to be the best solution for breathing life into your Magic Spells, Modern Firearms, Sci-Fi plasma Swords, Mech Guns or simply a whole Fantasy Armory. Your job is to bring the idea - The BattleMancer does the rest!

The Universal Weapon Systems require absolutely no coding - With the implemented documentation in form of huge, mouse-over tooltips, using a no-coding system has never been easier! Now in both C# (BattleMancer for 3D) and Javascript (BattleMancer for 3D and 2D)!

The BattleMancer consitsts of four, massive systems:
    -Weapon System
    -Projectile System
    -Damage Area (AoE) System
    -Health System

Spotlight features:
    • Primary and Secondary Fire Mode. Make a key for a quick knife slash for your M4 carbine, an Unreal Tournament dual-firing mechanisms or add more depth to your Melee Weapons with two attacks for every weapon (with shared or separate Ammo).
    • Raycast, Projectile and Damage Area (AoE) attacks. Allowing you to create any weapon or attack you could imagine! (Check the Web Demo and video!)
    • Advanced AoE System. Allowing you to create penetrating magic missiles, fire-surges, lasting toxic clouds, constant enviromental hazards (like fire, acid pools), explosions, most of any MOBA or RPG area-of-effect spells and much more!
    • Damage Types and Resistances. Give unique depth to your combat by adding - exclusively in BattleMancer! - Armor or Damage Resistances against your custom damage types!
    • Vast legacy animation features: Weapon WarmUp, Cooldown, Inspect (CS:GO style), attacking, reloading, getting hit, death and even more.
    • Works on 2D and 3D. With functions like adjustible Horizontal and Vertical Accuracy, the BattleMancer fits any given situation
    • Automated SendMessage on many situations, like getting hit or dying, for easy use with other scripts and coding languages.
    • Vast sound features. Including randomised attack sounds, getting hit, getting healed sounds and many more!
    • Vast projectile features like gravity, gravity delay, applying force, instantiating objects on impact, damage fall-off, sticking to objects and way more.
    • Vast ammunition options for every ocasion - will it be a rifle clip, a battery, a flamer fuel tank or remaining Mana for your spells.
    • -Mind-bendingly polite and informative Debug Messages.
    • -And many many more!

Check out The BattleMancer Asset Store page for more info:
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/40285

Create everything.
    Destroy Everything.
    Battlemancer.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
    Gozdek likes this.
  2. mr_Necturus

mr_Necturus

Very nice system.
    It includes bows as well? ;)

3. Vel_1828

Vel_1828

Yes, creating bows is also very possible. In fact, I was a witness to creation of some bows with the BattleMancer in the testing phase:

With a little bit of creativity, you can easly create a WarmUp animation for drawing the bowstring. The firing time will be fixed (firing right after the WarmUp animation finishes, so no Hold-And-Release-To-Fire) , but it still will be a convincing bow mechanism - saying from experiance of my coleague, a tester, who did it just like that with the above System.

His bows were differing in damage, projectile speed and gravity delay, drawing time (length of the WarmUp animation) and a lot more. ;)

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
    mr_Necturus likes this.
  4. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

Any video tutorial to see how to get started?

5. Vel_1828

Vel_1828

Video tutorial is already planned for the nearest future updates. Though the systems are made in a way, which allows any user to hop into the workflow in no time.
    Each system is designed to "guide" the user from the beginning to the end. It's as simple as adding any of the systems to a Game object and examining variables from the top one in the Inspector View. By putting your mouse over a variable, user is greeted with all the instructions, requirements and effects of each option.

TL;DR
    It's as easy as walking with a bullet-point list, but again: a Tutorial is already in planning stage. ;)

6. Vel_1828

Vel_1828

Small update: New Icon is comming up. ;)

7. Vel_1828

Vel_1828

Big update incoming, leaping into Unity 5 and with the Video Tutorial on how it all works.
    Stay Tuned! ;)

8. Vel_1828

Vel_1828

Unity 5 version of the Demo Scene (fixed lightmaps and skybox), along with a short "How to Get Started" video tutorial is on the way, awaiting approval from the Untiy Review Team. Nice! ;)

9. Vel_1828

Vel_1828

The update is here! Unity 5 Demo Scene and the Tutorial video are up on the Store Page - enjoy! :)

10. Vel_1828

Vel_1828

Another small update to the description files.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  11. Vel_1828

Vel_1828

Hey, we are preparing a small surprise for 5th of December! ;)

12. Vel_1828

Vel_1828

Before the Dec 5th, a small update with "Systems Compendium" should be live on the Store Page, as requested by some - it's a simple screenshot, which explains what each system does. ;)

Have a look! :)

Attached Files:

13. MrIconic

MrIconic

I hope that December 5th surprise isn't a sale because I'm probably going to buy it right now xD.

I do like that screenshot update that you recently posted though, @Vel_1828.

14. Vel_1828

Vel_1828

I can't say anything about the Dec, but I am really glad You liked the Update! :D

15. Vel_1828

Vel_1828

The December 5 has come and so I am more than glad to announce, that the BatteMancer has been - yup indeed - chosen for a 24 Hour sale!

For only 24 hours you can grab it for 50% the price! Get it while you can! :D

16. hopeful

hopeful

This is in JS? I thought everybody had converted to C# ...? :)

I have a question about area of effect. Is it possible to have cone areas of effect? Like, say, for a spell, short range, or melee attack that affects opponents in a 60 degree arc in front of the player, within a distance of 0-2 meters.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  17. Vel_1828

Vel_1828

Yup, it's JavaScript, but the description includes a simple 5-steps guide to accessing JS variables from C#, so you can create your own controllers to menage the Systems.

Also, the AoE angle was one of the main goals of the systems and yes, it allows you to create what you need! Both hit Ange and Range can be set accordingly on the Weapon System itself (for swords or flamethrowers, for example) or on the remote AoE System (like for grenade-type spells or cones of fire-breathing traps or dragons) :)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
    hopeful likes this.
  18. Atzig

Atzig

What's the performance like on mobile?

19. dayero

dayero

Tried to use the projectile system with a box collider 2d, but it's complaining there is no collider, the projectile also doesnt move. I replace that collider with a box collider (normal, 3d), it works just fine.

20. Vel_1828

Vel_1828

1. The performance on mobile may vary, but in testing, on an avarage tablet, it worked just fine. :)

2. The 2D collider bug is already reported and should be fixed in one of the nearest updates. Thank you for mentioning it again.

21. Vel_1828

Vel_1828

Minor bugfix incoming, fixing Component and Object Destruction on Health System Death. Should be online in a few days :)

hopeful likes this.
  22. wood333

wood333

Does Battle Manager support Mecanim animations?

Can it be used with AI enemies?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  23. Vel_1828

Vel_1828

Mecanim support is planned for future updates, though I can't say for sure when it will ne done. :)

It also can be used with any AI - firing and reloading can be invoked easily via script. ;)

24. dayero

dayero

You are welcome ;)

25. dayero

dayero

Seriously though, is this getting fixed anytime soon?
    You advertise this to work in 2d. So make it happen.

26. Vel_1828

Vel_1828

Awkwardly, This problem turned out to be bigger than expected and everything is being done to fix it (like, there hasn't been a day where this bug didn't cross the workstation).

More info should appear shortly, in a matter of few days!

27. Vel_1828

Vel_1828

PS: Most likely, Battlemancer will consist of 2 versions: 2D and 3D, both in the same package.

Until then (a few days work, probably), please, add a 3D collider to your gameObjects. We're on the case!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  28. Vel_1828

Vel_1828

New Update was submitted to the Asset Store - should be Live in a few days if everything goes right!

A brand new version of all the Systems have been added - The BattleMancer 2D Beta, strictly for Unity 2D Physics engine! All your 2D Colliders shall tremble with fear! :D

Stay Tuned for the Update!

29. somosky

somosky

I'm seriously thinking about picking up your asset. The only thing stopping me is I was wondering if there is any kind of a UI Inventory system that comes with this or could be easily set up?

30. Vel_1828

Vel_1828

Sorry for the delay, I tend to check the forum less often than my gmail which I check daily (and will always gladly reply asap :) )

The BattleMancer is all pure weapons - it does not contain any advanced inventory controller yet, but it should not be very hard to make - all ammo options are easily accessed from custom scripts. :)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  31. Vel_1828

Vel_1828

Also, an important message: BM Weapon System got updated with brand new BM 2D Beta, for all your 2D physics needs! ;)
    Keep in mind to report any bugs - it's still in beta.

Cheers!

32. dayero

dayero

i just updated BM Weapon System, but the 2D Systems folder was missing. I deleted the package in the unity appdata folder, download the full package, 2D still missing. The Store page lists the new folder and files, but the download does not contain them.

TestScene.unity PC, Mac & Linux Stan.png

33. hopeful

hopeful

@dayero - Sounds like a Unity version mismatch ...?

Be sure to let @Vel_1828 know which version of Unity you're using.

34. dayero

dayero

my unity version is 5.2.1f1

35. Vel_1828

Vel_1828

Ah, indeed it's about the version of your Unity. The latest build of Battlemancer works on 5.2.2 and up - just update to 5.2.2 and it should work again.

The info on the BM compatibile versions of unity can be found on it's Asset Store page. :)

36. wood333

wood333

I have been considering using BM in my project, but we are using Mecanim. Reading some of the posts and reviews, it seems that some posters think it would be a big deal to get BM Mecanim ready. I don't understand this.

My Animator is driven by Animator "parameters." Mine are either a float, a bool or a trigger. All I need to use my Mecanim animator with BM if for BM to change the parameters. Rather than have BM call a legacy animation, I need an option for BM to change an Animator parameter. For each legacy animation built into BM, reload, shoot, examine, etc., I need the option to change the corresponding Animator parameter. In your inspectors, where you have the slot for the legacy animation, I would like a check box to "Use Animator" and a field for the parameter name and a field for the parameter type. Is that so difficult?

I can set up the list parameters in my Animator. I need BM to change the parameters in place of calling a legacy animation. The Animator is on my character, so it should be easy for you code dudes to find and change its parameter values.

Just thinking out loud here..

37. Vel_1828

Vel_1828

You are absolutely right - it is perfectly possible. The only thing is - BM Systems are using A LOT of the legacy Animation commands, which would take some time to convert to Mecanim Animator ones. It is planned for the future updates, though I cannot say when it will be online (tight time schedule, unfortunately).

Yet, again, it is possible - it would just take some time. :)

PS: Sorry for the two day delay in answering. As mentioned in the opening post, I'm checking my e-mail a lot more often than the forum thread. :)

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
    wood333 likes this.
  38. Vel_1828

Vel_1828

Great news! Due to the popular demand, The BattleMancer will have a C# version too!
    The C# Beta is already in the works and will be online quite soon!
    Stay Tuned!

twitchfactor, hopeful and wood333 like this.
  39. Vel_1828

Vel_1828

Attention!
    The BattleMancer has gone into a new Era! From now on, you can wreck havoc also in C#!

There are 3 versions now! BM3D in JS and C# and BM2D in JS.

Enjoy! ;D

twitchfactor, hopeful and wood333 like this.
  40. ChaneDev

ChaneDev

Hi Vel_1828, does this package contain an object pooling system or integrate into existing object pooling solutions like Core Gamekit?

41. Vel_1828

Vel_1828

Unfortunately not - pooling is not part of the BM. It's using instantiating to fit in more situations. :)

42. johny256

johny256

Hi Can you add to ASSET ai? melle and shoter ai please

43. Vel_1828

Vel_1828

Well, a whole ai is quite a lot more complicated than it may seem. Creating such systems to drive characters or vehicles around battlefield with customisable, advanced behaviors may take years to finish and polish. I am affraid it might be far from BattleMancer's future updates plans.

44. johny256

johny256

I think the combination of the two media assets and income you would be awesome paragon ai

45. Vel_1828

Vel_1828

Hah, it will be considered, but still - creating it would take a year or two at best. ;)

46. beowulfkaine

beowulfkaine

Can you make a quick tutorial on how your BS Melee Combat System can be integrated with the SteamVR unity toolkit? I bought the BS Melee Combat System and I'm having a devil of a time getting it to work. I would VERY MUCH APPRECIATE IT, kind of desperate to get moving on this.

47. Vel_1828

Vel_1828

Actualy, this is a Thread for the BattleMancer Weapon System ( https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/40285 ), the more overall counterpart to the BladeSmith Melee Combat System ( https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/56981 ), but still I can give some advice.

On the start I must say - BladeSmith is a Weapon System and not a Character Controller. In short - it manages hit detection in movement of any kind your Controller may need. Therefore Weapon movement itself is a matter of a Controller and not the BladeSmith itself. In this particular example, as I guess, The Steam VR is used to move the weapon and it should have nothing to do with the BladeSmith's functionalities directly, as ther are working independently.

The BS System bases it's usage of Marker Manager with the Weapon Markers children - empty Game Objects equiped with a special script. When Enabled, these Markers will check if there were any colliders on the path of their movement. If they have passed any colliders marked as Targets, they register a hit, sending appropiate Damage info to the Target's BS Health script (or Limb if you're using them). So it bases on Weapon Marker's movement - for example, if you spread Markers along a sword's blade, Enable them and swing the sword, everything on the path of the Markers will be detected as hit.

For VR it is adviced to set the Weapon Marker Manager to Constant Damaging. This way, when the Markers are Enabled, they will detect hits constantly and they will refresh the Hit Targets lists with set Damaging Interval. So if you set Damaging Interval to 1 second, you won't be able to hit the same target twice before one second has passed (it prevents "wiggle-spamming" in sword fights). On the Target side, all that's required is a 3D collider of any kind (with appropriate Tag and Layer set) and a BS Health Script attached, so the weapon's can detect hits on it and send damage values.

So the only part which is not covered in BS System is the weapon's movement itself. It was made to be absolutely universal and fit every possible Controller of your own. How you "move" the sword depends solely on your design and your way of controlling the Player's/Enemies' movement. Still, it's the only thing you need to implement on your own - the "How your Player will swing the sword with BS Weapon Markers attached". Steam VR will always work independently from BS and vice versa, as BS will detect hits on "any" kind of Markers' movement and how this movement is driven depends only on your project and your Controller. So scripting the movement itself is outside of BS region of functions.

A good workflow goes like this: all you need to make yourself is the controller of how the Player will swing a script-less model of a weapon in 3D space (which is not part of the BS System, but an outside design of the project, which may vary greatly). When that's done and the Player can move an empty weapon mesh around, simply place Weapon Markers along it, attach colliders to the Enemies and that's it. When the weapon moves through a collider of the Target - it detects hits.

If it's a problem of a different nature then mentioned above, please contact me with details at marcin.g.tomala@gmail.com - I will answer as fast as possible and I'm pretty sure we will find a solution in no time. ;)

PS: just for overall troubleshooting, please remember that Weapon Markers themselves too have a LayerMask variable you have to set! Also check for other physics layer errors, which might cause some trouple when simply overlooked!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  48. johny256

johny256

Integration UnitZ??

49. Vel_1828

Vel_1828

Unfortuntely, integration with UnitZ is not planned for future updates.

50. Kalmak

Kalmak

Hey Vel

How difficult would it be to combine both BM and BS into one combat system in a game? Own BM and want to use the marker system of BS for melee combat. Any hurdles you would foresee for merging them?

thanks