Search Unity

[Released] AVPro Windows Media

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AndrewRH, Jul 4, 2012.

1. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi,

Of course we can help! I will look into this today and let you know.
    Also - HapQ support is coming very soon to AVPro Video :)

Thanks,

2. pleribus77

pleribus77

Hi AndrewRH, think I got to bottom of it in last 15 mins or so - Scene with video was additively loaded, and a base scene also had a (rogue / redundant) Movie Manager. Having both loaded in may have been causing this strange behaviour, as I've not seen it since resolving.

(Movies got shifted up a layer in scene load hierachy in a refactor, but looks like this object hadn't been removed from base scene)

Let you know if any strange behaviour continues, but don't waste any more of your time.

3. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Thanks for letting me know. Awesome that you found the issue.
    In other news we added HapQ support to AVPro Video yesterday and will include it in the next release.

4. pleribus77

pleribus77

ETA? Our project delivers end of week.

5. LostInTheMachine

LostInTheMachine

Hi.

Any idea why my videos don't appear to be playing when I make a standalone windows build - they work perfectly in the editor. The videos are in the streaming assets folder. I've tried using the streaming assets flag which hasn't helped.

I'm sure it's just a path issue but perhaps there is something else I'm doing incorrectly.

Cheers
    Scott

6. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Yes it's actually ready now. If you email me your invoice (unitysupport@renderheads.com) I can send you a build of AVPro Video with HapQ support.

Thanks,

7. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi Scott,

It certainly does sound like a path issue. Perhaps you could look at the output log generated when you run the standalone build - it may yield some clues!

Thanks,

8. ChrissCross

ChrissCross

Hi Andrew,

The latest build fixed the issue with the sound not coming from the oculus so thats cool :) However we are having a strange problem we can't figure out... We have 2 movies in our game. One of the movie plays but has no sound to it... the other one has no sound and stays white... I looked at the output log to make sure there weren't any issues with the path and that looked good... Strange thing is that not everyone is having this problem.. only a handful of our playersbase experience this... for the others the movie plays perfectly... any idea's / suggestions on this issue?

9. PanMacyk

PanMacyk

Hello,

I have problem on AVPro Video 1.5.1 with loading avi movies. I had avpro windows media and it was doing all great.
    I can`t find sollution to open my movie in full screen with alpha channel ( Standalone ).

10. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hmm, 1.5.12 is the latest version of the plugin so you might want to upgrade to that. What format are you using for transparency? Is it just uncompressed RGBA or something else?

Thanks,

11. PanMacyk

PanMacyk

Well i got this video from other person, it was working before upgrade - don`t know how to check it but on phone he was saying simple avi with alpha channel. I have downloaded new version but nothing changed. Maybe i am doing something wrong?

I have added BackgroundVideo prefab, in "Platform Specific" i should use "Media Foundation" or "Direct Show" in Preffered Video Api ? The first one isn`t working for me ( maybe thats the problem ) - its showing only "[AVProVideo] Error: LoadFailed".

I have try already changing to different shader from avprovideo group but nothing changed. I can send you Video if this could help.

12. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Yes please if you could send me the video file that would help.. Email unitysupport@renderheads.com
    If you're supporting Windows or MacOS then encoding using Hap Alpha is probably the best option. There is a section in our PDF documentation all about transparency support.
    If you're using the Background Video prefab then you need to make sure that you change the material to the Background shader with transparency support (There are two background shaders).

It is strange that Media Foundation isn't working - This could be because you're using an older version of Windows...

If you're using DirectShow - then one issue could be that we changed the way videos are decoded, and this could indeed affect uncompressed AVI videos with transparency. We will have to investigate this and add a fix in the next update of the plugin. I would say use the Hap Alpha format if possible as this should work.

Thanks,

13. ikusia

ikusia

Hello, please tell me why the video does not play when booting from oneDrive, using hololens.
    The path to the plugin is loaded but the plug-in does not accept it. Is there a limit on the length of the input path?

http://ssmaker.ru/4735d75a.jpg

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  14. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi you're writing on the wrong forum thread :) Please use THIS ONE for "AVPro Video" plugin related questions.

But let me answer your question here anyway. Hmm I don't think there should be any limit of the length of the path...We have never tried opening a video from OneDrive - that sounds like quite an ask. Perhaps you need to use the OneDrive URL as the path to the file? Perhaps someone in the Hololens forum will have more of an idea...We don't actually have a Hololens hardware to test on...

15. GuyTidhar

GuyTidhar

@AndrewRH hey buddy,

What container can be used to stream HLS in iOS devices? (and editor on mac?)

Do you have samples or reference for tests?

Also, should the client call different methods to stream an HLS?

Note I have tried the streaming samples from the docs, but while the files exist, the player fails to play them.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  16. LostPanda

LostPanda

@AndrewRH Can you provide video encryption or watermark function? thanks

17. unifeyed

unifeyed

Hi Andrew, We updated from an older version and are receiving this error:
    Do you have any idea what I can do to remedy this issue?
    Thank you

18. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

You should remove AVPro Windows Media from your project before importing AVPro Video.
    Thanks,

19. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi guys, this thread is no longer maintained. AVPro Windows Media is no longer supported. Please post questions relating to AVPro Video in its forum page. Thanks,

20. Dzwon

Dzwon

Hi,
    I have a problem with playing dash video from *.mpd file. I put http url and i get:
    [AVProVideo] Error: Loading failed. Possible codec not supported, video resolution too high or insufficient system resources.
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    RenderHeads.Media.AVProVideo.MediaPlayer:UpdateErrors() (at Assets/AVProVideo/Scripts/Components/MediaPlayer.cs:1280)
    RenderHeads.Media.AVProVideo.MediaPlayer:Update() (at Assets/AVProVideo/Scripts/Components/MediaPlayer.cs:749)
    I were debugging your whole MediaPlayer code but the _canPlay properity is set i the Native Struct. I know for shure that I' m reciving the mpd file becouse i see the request in Fiddler Debugger.

i have unity 5.6 and the newest AVPro Video. Other videos like mp4 are playing normaly. Oh and i trying it on windows.

Do you have any suggestions?

21. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi guys, THIS THREAD IS NO LONGER MAINTAINED. AVPro Windows Media is no longer supported.

Please post questions relating to AVPro Video in its forum page.

Thanks,

22. 785130190

unity crashed when I switch the video file using OpenVideoFromFile.....
    unity 5.3.5 avpro video 1.5.12....render with NGUI

23. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi guys, THIS THREAD IS NO LONGER MAINTAINED. AVPro Windows Media is no longer supported.

Please post questions relating to AVPro Video in its forum page.

Thanks,

24. mchangxe

mchangxe

hi, when I extractFrame, the texture2D i get back as a result has a blown out color filter. It seems like a color space issue where the returned texture2d is not in the correct color format; everything looks way brighter. Any ideas?