Search Unity

[Released] AVPro Video - complete video playback solution

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AndrewRH, Feb 12, 2016.

1. RiccardoAxed

RiccardoAxed

Done!

seabits likes this.
  2. jtok4j

jtok4j

Here is the code (line 804 is the only line mentioned in the build errors) : upload_2021-5-18_15-48-54.png

Any insight you can shed on this error would be super-helpful and much appreciated in our quest to build this for the Windows Store.

3. seabits

seabits

Hi @jtok4j

Would you please log an issue on our Github page with all the detail you've already described. Our entire technical team is monitoring that page so we're trying to move all technical issues over there. It is also an easier interface for other users to search through if they encounter a similar problem.

Thanks!

4. Ikaro88

Ikaro88

Hi, after more tries seems that using that settings let the user see the video, BUT the recording actually not record the audio from the instant the user play the video....

Any solution?

5. MorrisRH

MorrisRH

Not sure of your exact setup for recording, but if you're playing an mp4 file (not HLS) then I would recommend using our Audio Output component (documentation here). This takes the audio from the video and routes it through Unity instead of outputting to the speakers directly.

Ikaro88 likes this.
  6. NathanRH

NathanRH

Hi,

Just for the record, I'm not sure which version of that source file you're using - I had a look at ours and they are very different - perhaps someone has made local modifications, or perhaps a merge/upgrade has not completed correctly. 1.11.7 of AVPro Video MediaPlayer.cs looks very different to the script you show in your screenshot, so I think that is the main problem.

Thanks,

7. shubhank008

shubhank008

I am facing a very weird problem where when streaming a video, it stalls/jitters first few seconds even though that part of it has buffered already (from my trial and errors its almost always first 20-30 seconds) but as soon as I seek it past first 30 seconds it plays smooth.
    I have added debug logs in _segmentsBuffered to make sure first 10-30 secs are buffered when player tries to play the video but it still jitter/stalls.

Now the surprising thing is, same video, same url with same settings when playing in MediaPlayer in inspector streams smoothly from start to finish.
    This first few seconds stall issue happens only in actual video player, tried the same in Demo Scene too using multiple videos/urls but same thing, plays smoothly if test in inspector but stalls in actual video player.

Tried seeking to any moment before 30 seconds, stalls. Seek any moment after 30 second, plays smoothly.

PS: 30 second is just a guess mark of the point before which it stalls and after which its smooth, its not accurate and can be 28 or 25 secs, etc.

Normal x264 mkv video, Windows 10, Media Foundation, Unity 2020

--Edit--
    I was wrong, the problem is not first 30 seconds related but initial first few seconds itself.
    The playback seems fine but its more like the player/video stalls at initial frames/seconds only.

Earlier I was testing 20 mins video and came to the 30 second conclusion but now I tested 90 second video and faced similar problem.
    However, I noticed if I seek it to any point which has buffered, it plays smooth and then if I seek it backward to start then also it plays smooth now.
    But if I pause the video for 4-5 seconds at start itself to let it buffer completely (yes 100% buffered), then also it will have the stall/jittery frame problem until I seek it forward/backward a bit (when playing it initially).

I have noticed that during this jitter/stall problem the fps of mediaplayer drops to either 0 or 0-5fps while Unity fps are still 120~

Or I don't know maybe it really is not buffering very first few seconds of the video again and again and instead buffering from random points, but I don't feelt his is the case as in your _segmentsBuffered I did a debug log and it reported GetBufferedTimes from 0-5 and 0-10 continuously (I believe its seconds ?)

Code (CSharp):
    1. if (_segmentsBuffered)
    2.             {
    3.                 RenderHeads.Media.AVProVideo.TimeRanges times = AVProManager._instance._mediaPlayer.Control.GetBufferedTimes();
    4.                 float[] ranges = null;
    5.                 if (times.Count > 0 && timelineRange.duration > 0.0)
    6.                 {
    7.                     ranges = new float[times.Count * 2];
    8.                     for (int i = 0; i < times.Count; i++)
    9.                     {
    10.                         ranges[i * 2 + 0] = Mathf.Max(0f, (float)((times[i].StartTime - timelineRange.startTime) / timelineRange.duration));
    11.                         ranges[i * 2 + 1] = Mathf.Min(1f, (float)((times[i].EndTime - timelineRange.startTime) / timelineRange.duration));
    12.                         //Debug.Log(times[i].StartTime + " - " + times[i].EndTime + " -- "  + timelineRange.startTime + " --- " + timelineRange.duration);
    13.                     }
    14.                 }
    15.                 _segmentsBuffered.Segments = ranges;
    16.             }
    I just do not get why when played no matter how many times, video always starts and streams flawless in Inspector MediaPlayer preview

Last edited: May 23, 2021
  8. shubhank008

shubhank008

Also, on side note, the search functionality is broken in your document/APIReference page(s), its quite helpful to find methods and things of interest to trial and error ourself, so request you to please fix it.
    Was working 2 weeks ago dont know why broke.

9. NathanRH

NathanRH

Thanks for reporting this, we've just fixed it - you may have to CTRL-F5 to force a cache refresh.

Thanks,

10. seabits

seabits

Hi, could you please log this as an issue on our Github and our technical team can look into it? It would be useful if you could also send your stream via email with the issue number as the subject line.

Thanks

11. Virtimed

Virtimed

Hey,

Do you have plans to support tiled rendering down the line? Just an increasingly popular solution I'm seeing for rendering 360 video and wondered if it was something on your roadmap?

Thanks,

12. seabits

seabits

Hi @Virtimed

Tiled rendering is not on the roadmap currently.

Thanks.

13. Ikaro88

Ikaro88

I have the version "AVpro 1.10.0" of AVPRO without the unity option in the output audio.
    But the client are telling me that for some reason the audio work correctly on iphone X and 12 but not on Iphone 11

Any knowed issiue about that?

Last edited: May 31, 2021
  14. Suwas93

Suwas93

Error sideloading subtitles on Android.
    Unity version: 2020.3.9f1
    AVPro Video version: v2.1.3f1-core
    Operating system version: Android 11
    Device model: Pixel 4

Attached Files:

15. Archi_16

Archi_16

Hello @TerryRH. Im trying to update my app from Unity 2018.4.3 to Unity 2020.3.4. Everything went good until building Xcode project for IOS .
    Im getting this:

Undefined symbol: _UnityEndCurrentMTLCommandEncoder

Undefined symbols for architecture arm64:
    "_UnityEndCurrentMTLCommandEncoder", referenced from:
    _AVPPluginUnityRegisterRenderingPlugin in libAVProVideoiOS.a(AVProPlugin.o)
    ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture arm64
    clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Is it version issue(min is 1.11.7)?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
  16. MorrisRH

MorrisRH

I think AVProVideoUnityRegisterRenderingPluginV5.c has got lost during your upgrade. It lives alongside libAVProVideoiOS.a (under Assets/Plugins/iOS/ in your project) and provides a stub UnityEndCurrentMTLCommandEncoder function. It might just be that the meta data has become confused and you need to check iOS in the "Include Platforms" section of the Unity inspector.

17. Archi_16

Archi_16

I have played with plugins in Unity, unchecked some platforms, checked IOS. and now it is work.

MorrisRH and seabits like this.
  18. seabits

seabits

This was resolved via Github

19. Suwas93

Suwas93

20. Jasinka

Jasinka

Hello,

Thanks for your nice asset! It is possible implement statistics how much time was played one video, when, played playlist and kinda this statistics? Thanks :)

21. NathanRH

NathanRH

Thanks. We haven't added any features like this because it's pretty easy for someone to implement themselves, and we haven't had much demand for it.

22. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi All,

AVPro Video version 2.1.4 has just been released!

Changes include:

General
    • Improved
      • Can now better control audio volume and muted state in PlaylistMediaPlayer
      • Documentation updates
    • Fixed
      • Fixed bug in PlayListMediaPlayer where autoCloseVideo option would not correctly close the video in some edge cases
    Windows
    • Changed
      • Internal rendering system heavily refactored
    • Fixed
      • #799 Fixed issue where using AudioOutput.Unity without using using an AudioOutput component to consume the audio samples would cause looping and EventType.FinishedPlaying to not occur
      • Fixed tiny memory leak during draining of MFT when using AudioOutput.Unity
    Android
    • Changed
      • Upgraded ExoPlayer to 2.14.0 from 2.13.1
    • Fixed
      • #791 Fixed slight blurriness for non-OES video rendering
      • #805 Fixed incorrect audio track information when first track is unsupported format
    macOS
    • Improved
      • Build script updated to better support older versions of macOS
    iOS / tvOS
    • Improved
      • Build script will now automatically set ALWAYS_EMBED_SWIFT_STANDARD_LIBRARIES to YES in the generated Xcode project when the target OS version is less than 12.2
      • Build script now checks the plugin binary to make sure execute permissions have been set
    • Fixes
      • #810 Fixed issue where the Xcode archive process would fail to embed the swift standard libraries even though ALWAYS_EMBED_SWIFT_STANDARD_LIBRARIES was set to YES
    WebGL
    • Fixed
      • #763 Fixed issue where .m3u8 manifest is still connected after video has closed when using hls.js
    Download Links

Editions

On the Unity Asset Store we've made several editions of AVPro Video available so you can pick the one that's best for your project:

Core Edition
    Ultra Edition
    • Enterprise Edition (contact us for multi-site licensing / support options)
    You can read this page to learn more about the features, pricing and upgrades for the different editions.

DOWNLOAD THE FREE TRIAL VERSION HERE

Thanks to everyone who reported bugs or feature requests! We're looking forward continuing to support this product into the future and adding more features.

Thanks,

23. Jasinka

Jasinka

Thank you for fast respond!
    Maybe you can give me some keywords, to google it? How to do this and what technology to use... Thanks.

24. Archi_16

Archi_16

Now i have same problem :)

25. seabits

seabits

Hi @Jasinka

There are a number of ways to achieve this but I'd recommend hooking into the AVPro Video events. For example you could listen out for the 'Started' event and keep a count of how many times a video has started playing. You could also use the IMediaInfo interface to get specific information about your media. For example using GetDuration() to determine the length of your media. The specific information you retrieve and what you do with it is up to you, but using our API reference, docs and demo scenes included in the plugin as a guide should be useful.

Hope that helps!

26. seabits

seabits

Hi @Archi_16

Could you please log a bug report with as much detail as possible on our Github. Our entire technical team monitors those issues and long threads tend to get a bit lost on the forum!

Thanks.

27. IARI

IARI

Unity Cloud iOS builds appears to be failing with AV-Pro Version 2.1.3

User @Suwas93 has already reported this, user @augustine_unity800 appears to have the same problem.
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/error-packaging-up-the-application-unity-cloud-build.1120984/

I have the same Issue, and for me
    - with 2.1.3 the problem is present
    - with 2.1.4 user Suwas93 has tried and the problem was present.
    - with 2.0.6 the problem is not present - the build runs through.
    - currently testing a gitlab CI using fastlane (I suspect it that will be fine, but I will update the post when I know for sure)

So my questions:
    - Does the Unity Cloud-build for iOS work for anybody else here?
    - @Renderheads any clue what that could be about?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
  28. MorrisRH

MorrisRH

Turns out the app thinning part of the ipa export process is failing due to the plugin being built with Xcode 12.5, Unity cloud builds are still using Xcode 12.4.

We will release new plugins (version 2.1.5) built using Xcode 12.4 as soon as possible.

IARI likes this.
  29. IARI

IARI

@MorrisRH
    Thank you for the fast response.
    This does explain, why it works on our gitlab CI - Our OSX build server runs XCode 12.5.

30. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi All,

AVPro Video version 2.1.5 has just been released!

Changes include:

General
    • Improved
      • Added Chinese, Korean and Japanese translations to Asset Store
    Windows
    • Fixed
      • #822 Fixed memory leak when using Unity as the Audio Output mode
    iOS / tvOS
    • Fixed
      • #810 Build script now checks the generated Xcode project's plugin binary to make sure execute permissions have been set
      • #814 Plugins now built with Xcode 12.4 to work around Unity Cloud build not using latest Xcode
      • #820 Removed assertions from audio capture in release builds
    Download Links

Editions

On the Unity Asset Store we've made several editions of AVPro Video available so you can pick the one that's best for your project:

Core Edition
    Ultra Edition
    • Enterprise Edition (contact us for multi-site licensing / support options)​

You can read this page to learn more about the features, pricing and upgrades for the different editions.

Thanks to everyone who reported bugs or feature requests! We're looking forward continuing to support this product into the future and adding more features.

Thanks,

IARI likes this.
  31. karansinghsengar

karansinghsengar

Hello @AndrewRH , I am using the ultra edition but unable to play youtube live stream in my unity project. In the previous version i was conveting the youtube livestream url to HLS. But now it also not working.
    Might be some issue in the conversion api.
    Please suggest me a better way.

32. seabits

seabits

Hi @karansinghsengar

We don't officially support YouTube streams as it goes against their terms and conditions. Please see the note about this in our documentation here.

33. three10

three10

We haven't received an answer to our original post yet. We really need to get 10bit videos decoded to 10bit textures as well. We upgraded to the Ultra Edition solely for that purpose.
    We are able to play different 10bit NotchLC, h264 and h265 videos using MediaFoundation and/or DirectShow (LAV Filters) but the created textures are always RGBA8.
    Are you able to create and decode to 10bit textuers in Unity? Could you provide a 10bit test video(s) that works for you? What texture format do you use/should the texture have for 10bit videos in Unity?

34. NathanRH

NathanRH

Oops, seems we missed your question. I will answer on Github as I see you've posted there. Thanks,

35. TheReverseSide

TheReverseSide

Hi, so I am using the latest version on a Windows machine, building for Android, two problems are occurring.
    Windows 10, Unity 2020.3.11f1, Oculus Quest 2 -fully updated.

1) Using Build and Run, the video runs fine once or twice, but after that, any subsequent attempts freeze on the main menu. Are the builds ran this way not cleared from the cache afterwards perhaps?
    2) I am getting both eyes in one eye if that makes sense. So if you close one eye while using the headset, you see that the 180 field of view (It is a 180 degree video) has been split into two 90 degree videos.

Thanks in advance!

36. seabits

seabits

Hi @TheReverseSide

Would it be possible to send us a sample reproducible project to unitysupport@renderheads.com please?

37. TheReverseSide

TheReverseSide

seabits likes this.
  38. barbelot

barbelot

Hello,

I am reading a large video file (4654x1080) encoded in H264 and I have issue with the looping. The playback works fine until the end of the video where it stutters everytime it loops back to the beginning.
    I have the same stutter if I seek anywhere in the video which I understand since I imagine it is filling the video buffer, but couldn't this be avoided when just looping ?

I tried converting my video to HAP but it struggles to read it and lags, I guess the file is to big.

Is there a way to have a seamless looping on a large video ?

Thanks for your help,

39. ryan_unity372

ryan_unity372

Hey,

I'm on the trial version doing some research for a use case. Can someone provide me with some guidance on the optimal use of the product for 180 Stereoscopic video? I currently have it functioning with a sphere, and the video displaying on half of said sphere with mapped UVs, but I would like advice on how to achieve either vignetted edges or how to assign a mesh with the edges cut off in the correct location? I've seen notes on example scenes for 180 but I take it these are not in the Trial version?

Thank you for your help.

40. seabits

seabits

Hi @barbelot

If you're not worried about file size we'd suggest re-encoding your video with all keyframes - that should allow it to loop and seek seamlessly. Have a look at this note in our docs here about this.

41. seabits

seabits

Hi @ryan_unity372

We've just added a note in our docs about this here. Let us know if this helps.

ryan_unity372 likes this.
  42. Seginus

Seginus

What would be the best way to have the MediaPlayer load in the first frame of a video when streaming from a server?

The design of the app has a video feed of full-screen views that start off black, because even if the video has been assigned and loaded by the MediaPlayer it doesn't update the DisplayUGUI until the video begins playing. I'd like the video player to have the first frame already shown without needing to play it first.

43. seabits

seabits

Hi @Seginus

If the video is loaded but doesn't auto-play it should show the first frame. Which platform are you using? And which version of AVPro?

44. Seginus

Seginus

Using iOS, AVPro 2.0.9 at the moment.

As a secondary question, is there a way to get the first frame/thumbnail for a streamed video without opening the entire media file in a MediaPlayer?

45. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

There's no other way to do this I'm afraid. The video must be opened to order to start decoding the first frame.

46. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi All,

AVPro Video version 2.1.6 has just been released!

Changes include:

General
    • Improvements
      • Documentation improvements
    • Changed
      • Internal collapsed menu names changed
    • Fixed
      • Fixed textures for null media player not being loaded from Resources folder
    Windows
    • Fixed
      • #831 Crash bug when using WinRT and sending a custom HTTP header with incorrect string formatting
      • #850 Fixed bug where setting overrideDecryptionKey by code wouldn't apply on WinRT
      • Fixed rare case where specifying a source DirectShow filter name could result in that filter being removed from the graph
    Android
    • Fixed
      • #780 Fixed bug in InsideSphere-Transparent-AndroidOES shader
    iOS / macOS / tvOS
    • Fixed
      • #46 Fixed issue with only luma plane rendering when using Y’CbCr textures with masking in a DisplayUGUI component
      • #843 Fixed crash caused by using a URL with path type set to "Relative To Streaming Assets Folder"
    WebGL
    • Improvements
      • Now supports changing the external library option between loads without recreating the MediaPlayer
    Download Links

Editions

Core Edition
    Ultra Edition
    • Enterprise Edition (contact us for multi-site licensing / support options)​

Thanks,

47. Seginus

Seginus

Makes sense. How much of the video is buffered before it is considered ready/opened? Is there a way to control how much is buffered in before the video is considered ready?

48. trojant

trojant

Hi,@AndrewRH
    I used the playlistMediaPlayer script of AVPro Video2.1.6,then I created item of playlist items in c# code.Item is correct,but MediaPlayerA and MediaPlayerB warns no media specified at runtime.What can I do?Is it a question of the order of execution?Thank you.

AVPro Video2.1.3 doesn't seem to have such a problem.

If I enable auto open of MediaPlayerA and MediaPlayerB,it will report an error:
    [AVProVideo] No file path specified
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object, Object)
    RenderHeads.Media.AVProVideo.MediaPlayer:OpenMedia() (at Assets/AVProVideo/Runtime/Scripts/Components/MediaPlayer.cs:481)
    RenderHeads.Media.AVProVideo.MediaPlayer:OpenMedia(MediaPathType, String, Boolean) (at Assets/AVProVideo/Runtime/Scripts/Components/MediaPlayer.cs:347)
    RenderHeads.Media.AVProVideo.Editor.MediaPlayerEditor:OnInspectorGUI_Source() (at Assets/AVProVideo/Editor/Scripts/Components/MediaPlayerEditor_Source.cs:63)
    RenderHeads.Media.AVProVideo.Editor.AnimCollapseSection:Invoke() (at Assets/AVProVideo/Editor/Scripts/AnimCollapseSection.cs:51)
    RenderHeads.Media.AVProVideo.Editor.AnimCollapseSection:Show(AnimCollapseSection, Int32) (at Assets/AVProVideo/Editor/Scripts/AnimCollapseSection.cs:146)
    RenderHeads.Media.AVProVideo.Editor.MediaPlayerEditor:OnInspectorGUI_Settings() (at Assets/AVProVideo/Editor/Scripts/Components/MediaPlayerEditor.cs:409)
    RenderHeads.Media.AVProVideo.Editor.AnimCollapseSection:Invoke() (at Assets/AVProVideo/Editor/Scripts/AnimCollapseSection.cs:51)
    RenderHeads.Media.AVProVideo.Editor.AnimCollapseSection:Show(AnimCollapseSection, Int32) (at Assets/AVProVideo/Editor/Scripts/AnimCollapseSection.cs:146)
    RenderHeads.Media.AVProVideo.Editor.MediaPlayerEditor:OnInspectorGUI() (at Assets/AVProVideo/Editor/Scripts/Components/MediaPlayerEditor.cs:377)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Attached Files:

• pic.png
      pic.png
      File size:
      29.6 KB
      Views:
    • pic1.png
      pic1.png
      File size:
      41.9 KB
      Views:
    • pic2.png
      pic2.png
      File size:
      38.8 KB
      Views:
    • pic3.png
      pic3.png
      File size:
      42.4 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
  49. seabits

seabits

Hi @trojant

Try setting your media players to auto play, but not auto open. It sounds like your players are looking to load media that hasn't been set yet i.e. before you've created your playlist item(s).

50. trojant

trojant

Hi,@AndrewRH
    Auto open is disabled, but the path still cannot be obtained. If I manually add an item of playlistmediaplayer in the inspector panel, mediaplayerA and mediaplayerB can get the path correctly.
    upload_2021-7-13_18-31-59.png