Search Unity

[Released] AVPro Video - complete video playback solution

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AndrewRH, Feb 12, 2016.

1. LostPanda

LostPanda

hi, i am full v1.0 version,i want to buy new but can you add ultra edition for window only, i dont need andriod and ios.thanks.

i only need :
    1.Hap codec support on Windows now supports Media Foundation API, with faster non-blocking loading
    2.New 10-bit NotchLC codec support on Windows

i have other question. The discount is time-limited. I want to know the expiration date of the discount. Although there is currently a 25% discount, the $600 is not a small amount for individual developers.Thanks again

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
  2. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

I believe this issue was fixed in one of the 2.0.x updates - try getting the latest version of the plugin if you're still having issues.

Thanks,

3. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi,

We're considering it but having per-platform editions of core means 3 more packages and there are already a lot to juggle. The more editions we have the more testing we have to do and the longer releases take. We'll have to see.

Currently the discount is not time limited, however we may remove the discount in the future, but I don't see this happening any time soon.

Thanks,

LostPanda likes this.
  4. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi All,

AVPro Video version 2.0.6 has just been released!

Changes include:

iOS / tvOS

• #613 Fixed issue with media player instances no longer producing textures after a scene reload
    Windows
    • Added
      • Added native support for 24-bit audio to the audio grabber which allows beyond 32 channels of PCM audio in MOV containers in the Ultra edition
    • Fixed
      • Fixed regression introduced in 2.0.3 that caused Facebook Audio 360 to not work
    Download Links

Editions
    On the Unity Asset Store we've made several editions of AVPro Video available so you can pick the one that's best for your project:
    Core Edition
    Ultra Edition
    • Enterprise Edition (contact us for multi-site licensing / support options)​
    You can read this page to learn more about the features, pricing and upgrades for the different editions.

DOWNLOAD THE FREE TRIAL VERSION HERE

Thanks to everyone who reported bugs or feature requests! We're looking forward continuing to support this product into the future and adding more features.

Thanks,

5. seabits

seabits

Hi @barbelot

There are a number of ways to solve this depending on your hardware and requirements:
    1. If you have a powerful pc and memory isn't a concern, using multiple MediaPlayer components each with a preloaded video is advisable
    2. You could check out the PlaylistMediaPlayer component which uses two MediaPlayer components (one to load and one to play/display)
    3. Alternatively, you could combine all the videos together and then seek to the position of the 'next' video
    Hope this helps, let us know how you get on!

6. mhusseini

mhusseini

I'm experiencing a similar issue. What does "setting packing none in Media properties" exactly mean?

7. m4lumm

m4lumm

Hello. I just resent the email to that address. Thanks.

8. seabits

seabits

HI @mhusseini, not too sure what you mean by this, could you provide some more information please?

9. seabits

seabits

@m4lumm still can't find the videos, what subject line did you use in the email?

10. Jeff_rey

Jeff_rey

@TerryRH
    I have a question about the error that av movie pro throws when a video cannot be loaded. Is there a straight forward way to have a backup url incase the first doesn't load? Currently: user starts video, if the video cannot be loaded the error is thrown. [[AVProVideo] Error: Loading failed. File not found, codec not supported, video resolution too high or insufficient system resources.] then a error message i integrated pops up saying to check your internet connectivity.

What I would like to integrate: user starts video, if the video cannot be loaded it will then try the second link if that one fails THEN the error is thrown and my code then runs to show my message saying to check internet connectivity.

I am trying to integrate a backup link so the user has minimal down time for watching videos.

Additional note is I am using VideoManager.OpenVideoFromFile(VideoManager.m_VideoLocation, VideoManager.m_VideoPath, VideoManager.m_AutoStart); so I will be loading my links from the internet, not from the streaming assets folder. Thank you and any help would be appreciated! Also If I am posting in the wrong place please shoot me a link to the appropriate place to post.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
  11. m4lumm

m4lumm

Hi. The subject of the email is "HAP Alpha files play in slow-motion on Windows (Direct Show)".

The issue is fixed in v2.0.5/6 when using Media Foundation. However, it still occurs when using Direct Show. Also, Hap Alpha files seem to stream/buffer very slowly when using Media Foundation.

Thanks.

12. seabits

seabits

Still don't see the email in our inbox. Could you try sending it again? We're getting loads of other emails, so not sure why yours isn't coming through.

Could you provide some more info about what you mean by slow-motion, and what you mean by buffer slowly? How big is the video you're trying to stream?

There are some big improvements coming for HAP support very soon - some will be included in version 2.0.7 over the next few days, and some more will feature in the 2.1.0 release; so there's a chance that this will fix your issue!

13. seabits

seabits

Hey @Jeff_rey

There's no out-the-box solution but there's an event called GetLastError() you could use to see if there is an error thrown, and if there is, you could play the backup video. It would look something like this:

ErrorCode error = mediaPlayer.Control.GetLastError();
    if (error != ErrorNode.None)
    {
    mediaPlayer.OpenVideoFromFile(...);
    }

Let us know if that helps?

14. Jeff_rey

Jeff_rey

@TerryRH Thank you for the reply! I Figured out a workaround! For anyone with the same problem I have this is what I did. Since I have multiple videos but only one media player, my m_VideoPath is set whenever that specific video is clicked on.
    I just store my backup URL for that specific video loaded in a private string and return the name of that backup and declare my m_VideoPath = //my back up video in the event that an error is thrown. since I only have one backup, I made a counter that would increment by 1 if an error is thrown. if that counter is = 1 load back up video as my m_VideoPath and if it is 2 then load my error screen saying to check internet connectivity. Then setting the int and string back to null. if only one error has been thrown then I start my coroutine to start my second video. like this:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public IEnumerator PlaybackUpVideo(string backupVideo)
    2.         {
    4.             VideoManager.m_VideoPath = backupVideo;
    5.             VideoManager.OpenVideoFromFile(VideoManager.m_VideoLocation, VideoManager.m_VideoPath, VideoManager.m_AutoStart);
    6.             while (Application.isPlaying && (VideoIsReady(VideoManager) || AudioIsReady(VideoManager)))
    7.             {
    8.                 yield return null;
    10.             }
    12.             VideoManager.Play();
    13.             Debug.Log("Playedbackup");      
    16.             backUpVideo = null;
    17.             backUpVideoCounter = 0;
    18.         }
    it seems to work nicely.

seabits likes this.
  15. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi All,

AVPro Video version 2.0.7 has just been released!

Changes include:

Windows

• Improvements
      • Better Hap decoding performance due to updating Snappy library and splitting CPU and GPU workloads
      • Better NotchLC decoding performance due to updated LZ4 library, splitting CPU and GPU workloads, and reducing GPU copy
    macOS / iOS / tvOS
    • Fixed
      • #624 Fixed issue with texture flickering when using multiple media players
    macOS
    • Fixed
      • Fixed issue with standalone builds using Unity 2019 and later where the video player texture would stop updating whilst there was input from the mouse or keyboard

Download Links

Editions
    On the Unity Asset Store we've made several editions of AVPro Video available so you can pick the one that's best for your project:
    Core Edition
    Ultra Edition

You can read this page to learn more about the features, pricing and upgrades for the different editions.

Thanks to everyone who reported bugs or feature requests! We're looking forward continuing to support this product into the future and adding more features.

Thanks,

16. draky

draky

Hey!

I was wondering if its possible to load videos from a byte array on windows 10? I read earlier that windows 10 doesnt use DirectShow API, which is needed for OpenVideoFromBuffer()?

Thanks!

17. m4lumm

m4lumm

Our test Hap Alpha video is 824MB. When streaming it with Media Foundation, it buffers way more often than other file types of the same size. When streaming with Direct Show, the audio sounds distorted.

It looks like Hap streaming was optimized in the latest version. I will test and let you know if it is fixed.

seabits likes this.
  18. seabits

seabits

Hey @draky,

Yeah, you're correct in that you'd need to use Direct Show API. It does however work on Windows 10, it just is quite old and has limited support.

Would be interested to hear how it goes if you try it!

19. Serhii-Horun

Serhii-Horun

Hi, AVPro Team!

Could you please explain what is going on in our case with tcp connections?
    We are working on app with video feed(similar to TikTok). We "prewarm" few video before current video and after to be able play next video without pause. We got an issue with one phone cell provider in Sweden(Telia): SocketExceptions. We started investigate our network traffic and notice that device opens a lot of tcp connections during video streaming and close it in ~1 min after we have closed video(invoked MediaPlayer.CloseVideo).
    We tried to use http header Connection:close, but it does not help.

Do you have any idea why it keeps all connections active for ~1min even though we have closed all video? Platform iOS, we use Xcode profiler

UPDATE: if we stay on our feed screen for 4-5 minutes they are being closed. Instead of 30+ active connections we have only 4-5. During that time we have 1 streamed video + 10 video in buffer.
    We've tried to destroy video playing related game objects/components, but it also does not close all active connections immediate.
    All our requests via HTTPClient to our servers(not related to video streaming) are being closed immediate

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
  20. oumur

oumur

I am recording the camera inside the scene as mp4 file and the video that I play with avpro plays faster in the rendered end product. Is there a option to sync the video to the framerate that I am recording with the avpro ?

21. SteenPetersen

SteenPetersen

Hi, I am working with Pico G2 4K headsets and I am quite sure that is possible to view 8k videos on them using something like Visbit. Is this something that is possible with this application?

I have downloaded the trial version, rendered a 20 second 8k (7680x3820@29,97), and brought it into unity, I then use the demo scene with the Pico SDK cameras. I attach the correct video in the "MediaPlayer" gameobject and press play.

It works fine in the editor but when I build the scene onto the headset all I see is this:

upload_2021-2-21_15-5-35.png

Anything I'm missing, anyone tried using g24k for watching 8k videos?

22. seabits

seabits

Hey @oumur

Not sure exactly what you mean by this or which version of AVPro Video you're using.

If the issue is with AVPro Video 2.x, there's a feature "TimeScale Support", which enables you to slow down the video to match Unity capture time: https://www.renderheads.com/content/docs/AVProVideo/articles/feature-video-capture.html.

What capture software are you using?

23. seabits

seabits

Hey @SteenPetersen,

We don't have a Pico headset to test with so are unable to guarantee it could be played, but would assume it could seeing as though it works on other players.

1) Are you using the OES mode? It uses less memory so is better for higher res videos.
    2) Which version of AVPro are you using? Definitely a better chance of it working in the latest versions.

You're welcome to send your log files to unitysupport@renderheads.com and we could take a closer look.

24. seabits

seabits

Hey @Serhii-Horun

Not sure what's going wrong from your description, could you please supply the following information:

1) What version of AVPro are you using?
    2) Which device are you testing this on?
    3) Which videos are you trying to play back (HLS or MP4)?

25. Serhii-Horun

Serhii-Horun

1) AVPro 1.11.3
    2) Which device are you testing this on? - iPhone X/12/XS. Basically it happens on any iOS devices what we use(iPhone X and higher)
    3) HLS (we stream via .m3u8)

26. seabits

seabits

@Serhii-Horun all we can really suggest is to check to make sure the MediaPlayer instances are being destroyed, as we would expect the connections to be dropped at this point - but haven't investigated this. We have no control over what AVFoundation does under the hood. Would be interested to hear your progress on this.

27. Serhii-Horun

Serhii-Horun

Yeah, we tried to destroy immediate all MediaPlayers, but it didn't close connections immediate(still requires few minutes). But our connection is being closed immediate at the moment we dispose HttpClient object. Ok, we will continue investigate. Will let you know if we found how to fix that or at least know the reason of that

seabits likes this.
  28. barbelot

barbelot

Hi ! Thank you for your answer.

An update on how I did it : The first option did not seem realistic with our hardware and number of videos (~30).
    The playlist media player was close to what I needed but having to add all videos manually as playlist items was pretty tedious so I ended up doing something similar manually with 2 mediaplayers components. It worked really well and also allowed some transitions between the videos which the 3rd option does not allow.

seabits likes this.
  29. draky

draky

How would you go about swapping over the API?

30. trojant

trojant

Hi!
    CODE:
    MediaPlaylist.MediaItem mediaItem = new MediaPlaylist.MediaItem();
    mediaItem.filePath = "TV" + ID + "/" + name;
    mediaItem.isOverrideTransition = true;
    _playlistMediaPlayer.Playlist.Items.Add(mediaItem);

PS:I generate items in the playlist media player(BETA) at run time,and when mediaItem.isOverrideTransition = true, It made this error.it can not play.
    Thank you very much!
    ERROR:
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    RenderHeads.Media.AVProVideo.PlaylistMediaPlayer.OpenVideoFile (RenderHeads.Media.AVProVideo.MediaPlaylist+MediaItem mediaItem) (at Assets/Plugins/AVProVideo/Scripts/Components/PlaylistMediaPlayer.cs:469).

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  31. seabits

seabits

On the Media Player component, navigate to Platform Specific > Windows > Video API and select the Direct Show option from the drop-down list.

32. Bemersive

Bemersive

Hi,

I am migrating a project from 1.xxx to 2.07 on Unity3D.
    I can't find the "m_StereoPacking" attribute on the MediaPlayer, where is it now ?

Also, is there a migration web page somewhere in order to know exactly how things have changed between version 1 and 2 ?

Thanks,
    Best regards,
    Jamal B.

33. Askeladde

Askeladde

Hi, Question 1: When the player is streaming the video with a fixed length from an URL, and looping is enabled, does the player consume bandwidth each loop, or is the streaming video cached and repeated each time from the cache?

Question 2: If the streaming URL link is changed, and a new fixed length video is streamed, is the previously cached video discarded and the new video is cached instead?

34. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi Jamal,

Check the new manual here which shows how to script stereo packing:
    https://www.renderheads.com/content/docs/AVProVideo/articles/feature-arvrxr.html#manually-specifying

It can be set on the MediaPlayer (as in 1.x), or assigned to the new MediaReference asset type. Stereo metadata is now supported on Windows so in most cases it should be auto-detected.

Good idea with the migration guide. There are so many changes that we haven't managed to go through and document this. We will write some notes in the documentation soon.

I hope this helps you.

Thanks,

35. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Which version of AVPro Video are you asking about?

1) On Windows if the video is a MP4 file then it shouldn't redownload it on each loop. If it is a HLS/DASH stream, then it might be the file is large. I'm not sure what happens on macOS / iOS / Android - which platform are you interested in?

2) On Windows I believe there is some sort of operating system level caching for the lifespan of the application, so as long as the files aren't too large they should be cached. I think the lifespan of the caching may depend on the server settings. This is not something we have tested though so this is just my best guess. On other platforms (again I don't know which platform you're asking about, since they all have slightly different behaviours) I'm not sure, but I know that internally we have some new caching features being worked on for Android, iOS and macOS which will be released in version 2.1.0

Thanks,

36. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi,

I believe the issue may be that you need to set the easing type. Try adding:

mediaItem.overrideTransitionEasing = new Easing();

Does that solve it?

Thanks,

37. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi All,

AVPro Video version 2.0.8 has just been released!

Changes include:

General
    • Fixed
      • Fixed visual timeline overrun in MediaPlayerUI demo
      • Rotated sphere in 360Stereo scene 180 degrees to fix the forward-facing direction
    Windows
    • Improvements
      • Minor performance improvements of Hap and NotchLC decoders (major ones will come in 2.1.0)
      • Added new method GetAudioBufferedSampleCount which returns the number of audio samples held by the plugin when using Unity as the audio output mode. The AudioOutput inspector uses this to show the amount of bufferd audio in milliseconds.
    macOS / iOS / tvOS
    • Improvements
      • #636 Added support for Open-Seek-Play approach to starting playback at a specific time
    macOS
    • Fixed
      • #637 Fixed failure to update texture when opening media in quick succession
    iOS / tvOS
    • Fixed
      • #643 Fixed crash when force closing application
    iOS
    • Fixed
      • #640 Fixed crash when removing headphones after a scene reload

Download Links

Editions
    Core Edition
    Ultra Edition

Thanks,

38. RiccardoAxed

RiccardoAxed

Hi, I'm sure it has already been asked but I cannot find any trace about it: does AVPro Video (Core Edition) support URP and HDRP?

39. Serhii-Horun

Serhii-Horun

Hi, Terry!
    Seems we've found the issue. And it is not related to AVPro. It was a mistake on our side. AVPro works perfect! Thanks for support!

MorrisRH and seabits like this.
  40. seabits

seabits

Hey @RiccardoAxed

Effectively yes it does - Unity can convert all the custom AVPro shaders except the lit one - so it will work fine unless you want to use lit materials. Hope that helps?

41. RiccardoAxed

RiccardoAxed

Yes, thanks for the reply, I already downloaded and installed the trial version and the shaders can be easily converted for URP indeed. Having a go with AVPro :)

seabits likes this.
  42. seabits

seabits

Hi @trojant

Here's a replacement script with a fix for you, as we're unlikely to do an update of version 1.x.

Hope this helps!

Attached Files:

43. RiccardoAxed

RiccardoAxed

Hi, I just bought the Core Edition, may I ask you the cleaner way to replace the trial version in a project? Maybe could I simply import the package and it will cleanly replace the trial version, or should I first delete the "AVProVideo" trial folder from the Assets and import the bought package from scratch?

44. NathanRH

NathanRH

You can just import the package over the trial version. It will replace it.
    The only thing you may have to do is restart unity first and then immediately import the new package. If you don't do this, and have been using the MediaPlayer component then the DLL file may become locked and it will not update correctly.

The installation/upgrade steps are documented here:
    https://www.renderheads.com/content/docs/AVProVideo/articles/install.html

Thanks,

RiccardoAxed likes this.
  45. trojant

trojant

Thank you for you reply, and it has been solved.
    add this : mediaItem.overrideTransitionEasing = new PlaylistMediaPlayer.Easing();
    I will use new PlaylistMediaPlayer script, Thank you!

seabits likes this.
  46. seabits

seabits

Hi Jamal

Just wanted to point you to the notes on updating from AVPro Video 1.x to 2.x - we've updated the docs and it can be viewed here: https://www.renderheads.com/content/docs/AVProVideo/articles/upgrading-from-avpro-video-1x.html.

47. alittleredpanda

alittleredpanda

Hey, I've downloaded the most recent free trial and I'm having trouble adding subtitles to the Demo_MediaPlayer scene

I've made an SRT file, which I've added to the mediaplayer by adding it "relative to streaming assets folder"
    I get the debug message that the subtitles are opening.
    But they don't appear, nothing is in the text box. In the scene (in play mode) I clicked on the little cog to see subtitle options, I see "Text Tracks: 0" and in the inspector, in Media Info, I can see Video Tracks and Audio Tracks options, but no Text Tracks.

Is there something super obvious that I'm missing when setting this up? Thanks

48. seabits

seabits

Hi @alittlepanda

If the 'Sideload Subtitles' box is checked, and the subtitles are opening debug is happening - then it's likely that there is some mistake with the formatting of the SRT file. Feel free to upload it here or send it to unitysupport@renderheads.com if you'd like us to take a look at it for you.

49. VRS3DGuru

VRS3DGuru

Your team is forcing existing AVPro license holders to purchase a new license to have continued support, which was not the expressed license of the original purchase made for AVPro in 2018. I still have the original document. You are intentionally forcing all existing license holders to re-purchase and using some naming/deprecation claims trickery to do so. This is NOT good business. Shame shame.

50. trojant

trojant

Hi,I have a lot of playlistMediaPlayer in scene,but I can't control their muteaudio function.I used These methods,and the audio will still play.What shall I do? Thank you.

(1)playlistMediaPlayer.m_Muted = true; (invalid)
    (2)playlistMediaPlayer.Control.MuteAudio(true); (invalid)