Search Unity

[Released] AVPro Video - complete video playback solution

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AndrewRH, Feb 12, 2016.

1. NathanRH

NathanRH

Thanks, this issue is now fixed in 2.0.1

2. NathanRH

NathanRH

Yes seeking is possible with a m3u8 stream. You can do this in the Unity editor itself in the preview area where it shows the video by dragging the timeline slider.

Or you can seek via scripting. If you're using AVPro Video 1.x then the code looks like this with seeking in floats milliseconds:

Code (CSharp):
    1. if (mediaPlayer.Control != null)
    2. {
    3.     // seek to 24 seconds
    4.     mediaPlayer.Control.Seek(24000.0f);
    5. }
    Otherwise in the new AVPro Video 2.x the seeking is in doubles seconds:

Code (CSharp):
    1. if (mediaPlayer.Control != null)
    2. {
    3.     // seek to 24 seconds
    4.     mediaPlayer.Control.Seek(24.0);
    5. }

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    amata_kuroyangi likes this.
  3. NathanRH

NathanRH

Thanks, we did consider this, but decided on the current approach for reasons of simplicity. We will monitor feedback though.

LostPanda likes this.
  4. NathanRH

NathanRH

Okay thanks we'll address this soon.

Yes we've started putting code snippets throughout the documentation. There are still quite a few places needing more snippets and we're working on this.
    The search functionality is the stock one that comes with DocFX, which is the documentation system we're using. Hopefully we'll get time to try to improve it.

Yes there is no more GetCurrentTimeMs. All time values have changed from float milliseconds, to double seconds. So now there is:

Code (CSharp):
    1. double timeSeconds = GetCurrentTime();
    2. Seek(double seconds);
    3. SeekFast(double seconds);
    There are also new frame-based methods:

Code (CSharp):
    1. int timeFrames =  GetCurrentTimeFrames();
    2. SeekToFrame(int frame);
    It's much appreciated, thanks! If you can post them to our GitHub Issues then our whole dev team will be able to view them. There is a Feature Request issue type to help us categorise it.

Thanks,

5. amata_kuroyangi

amata_kuroyangi

@NathanRH

Thank you for your prompt reply.

But I tried the suggestion and it didn't work.

There is a problem with Case B.

Case A:
    can seek. static m3u8.
    https://bitdash-a.akamaihd.net/cont...u8s/f08e80da-bf1d-4e3d-8899-f0f6155f6efa.m3u8

Case B:
    can't be seek. m3u8 is made from OBS just now.
    https://storage.googleapis.com/gree-aevr-dev-live/data/hls/qa8y6u0gfx6cnfb2d9rjhkj7gr.m3u8

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6. Ste-RH

Ste-RH

Case B is a live stream. Whilst live streams can have seekable windows, I believe the requirement for this is to have enough segments in the manifest. It looks like this stream is not keeping enough previous segments to allow reliable seeking. Testing it I can get it to seek backwards a few seconds on occasion.

Here is an example of a live stream that is seekable (and can be seen working in AVPro Video): http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/liv.../simulcast/hls/uk/abr_hdtv/ak/bbc_one_hd.m3u8

Note, you might need to to VPNed to the U.K. to play this one.

amata_kuroyangi likes this.
  7. amata_kuroyangi

amata_kuroyangi

@NathanRH

Thank you for the answer.
    I will check with the engineer who creates the manifest.

Ste-RH likes this.
  8. lemfn64

lemfn64

Hi,

I am trying to stream a webcam over to a unity application. I basically have two computers one with the webcam the other with the application. I tried using FFmpeg and vlc to stream out but I keep getting this error. I can receive the stream coming from FFmpeg and vlc on vlc correctly. I tried streaming out using both UDP and http. I set the fast start option on both ffmpeg and vlc but no results. When using VLC to stream out, I can connect to my stream using http://10.10.10.200:8080 on the vlc in the receiving computer but when I put that same thing on absolute path or URL I get the error. I have tried H264 and MPEG-2 + MPGA (TS) codecs but nither work. For the FFMPEG I used the following comand

ffmpeg -f dshow -i video="NexiGo N60 FHD Webcam":audio="Headset Microphone (Razer Audio Controller - Chat)" -profile:v high -pix_fmt yuvj420p -level:v 4.1 -preset ultrafast -tune zerolatency -vcodec libx264 -r 30 -b:v 512k -s 640x360 -acodec aac -ac 2 -ab 32k -ar 44100 -movflags faststart -f mpegts -flush_packets 0 udp://10.10.10.140:8080?pkt_size=1316

10.10.10.200 is the sending machine 10.10.10.140 is the receiving machine.

Could you help me?

[AVProVideo] Error: Loading failed. File not found, codec not supported, video resolution too high or insufficient system resources.
    0x00007FF6F1F2A72C (Unity) StackWalker::GetCurrentCallstack
    0x00007FF6F1F2E6E1 (Unity) StackWalker::ShowCallstack
    0x00007FF6F06111C5 (Unity) GetStacktrace
    0x00007FF6F2BA9FBE (Unity) DebugStringToFile
    0x00007FF6F1F89A55 (Unity) DebugLogHandler_CUSTOM_Internal_Log
    0x000001DB882B993B (Mono JIT Code) (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_Log (UnityEngine.LogType,UnityEngine.LogOption,string,UnityEngine.Object)
    0x000001DB882B97BB (Mono JIT Code) UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogFormat (UnityEngine.LogType,UnityEngine.Object,string,object[])
    0x000001DB882B8C3E (Mono JIT Code) UnityEngine.Logger:Log (UnityEngine.LogType,object)
    0x000001DB886B632A (Mono JIT Code) UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)
    0x000001DB882E9513 (Mono JIT Code) [MediaPlayer.cs:1164] RenderHeads.Media.AVProVideo.MediaPlayer:UpdateErrors ()
    0x000001DB882E2383 (Mono JIT Code) [MediaPlayer.cs:599] RenderHeads.Media.AVProVideo.MediaPlayer:Update ()
    0x000001DB87D51A38 (Mono JIT Code) (wrapper runtime-invoke) object:runtime_invoke_void__this__ (object,intptr,intptr,intptr)
    0x00007FF89B00D690 (mono-2.0-bdwgc) [mini-runtime.c:2809] mono_jit_runtime_invoke
    0x00007FF89AF92912 (mono-2.0-bdwgc) [object.c:2921] do_runtime_invoke
    0x00007FF89AF9B96F (mono-2.0-bdwgc) [object.c:2968] mono_runtime_invoke
    0x00007FF6F1E9CE4E (Unity) scripting_method_invoke
    0x00007FF6F1E96B8D (Unity) ScriptingInvocation::Invoke
    0x00007FF6F1E607C5 (Unity) MonoBehaviour::CallMethodIfAvailable
    0x00007FF6F1E608D6 (Unity) MonoBehaviour::CallUpdateMethod
    0x00007FF6F14FBB38 (Unity) BaseBehaviourManager::CommonUpdate<BehaviourManager>
    0x00007FF6F1504CB4 (Unity) BehaviourManager::Update
    0x00007FF6F193BD63 (Unity) `InitPlayerLoopCallbacks'::`2'::UpdateScriptRunBehaviourUpdateRegistrator::Forward
    0x00007FF6F1924F88 (Unity) ExecutePlayerLoop
    0x00007FF6F192505D (Unity) ExecutePlayerLoop
    0x00007FF6F192A29C (Unity) PlayerLoop
    0x00007FF6EFCCCF3C (Unity) PlayerLoopController::UpdateScene
    0x00007FF6EFCCAED8 (Unity) Application::TickTimer
    0x00007FF6F06369BE (Unity) MainMessageLoop
    0x00007FF6F0640C18 (Unity) WinMain
    0x00007FF6F3648252 (Unity) __scrt_common_main_seh
    0x00007FF93C7D7C24 (KERNEL32) BaseThreadInitThunk
    0x00007FF93D42D4D1 (ntdll) RtlUserThreadStart

9. phileday

phileday

Hi

I wasn't sure if it was best to post on the forum for this question or email so I thought I'd do both.

I've only just realised that you've release AVPro version 2 and there is an upgrade option. How do I access the upgrade for already having AVPro version 1 full package? I notice that the ultra edition which I think is the one I'll be going for is €536 a 25% discount on the €714.67. Is the discount the upgrade option? On your upgrade page the prices are listed in dollars with the upgrade price being $600, which I'd prefer to pay I think :) I'm in the UK by the way.

Edit: Actually another question. I've just upgraded my project to use the demo you've release to see if there were any issues. The only issue I seem to be noticing (apart from some scrript changes) is that there is a clear white flash between loading of videos. This wasn't present before and I have a black still for default media in the apply to materials tab. Does the watermark effect performance much, could that be it?

All the best and happy new year

Phil

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  10. Ste-RH

Ste-RH

I have replied to you via our support system as well, but for anyone else reading...

I believe to access the discounted upgrade cost you simply follow the purchase path through the unity store for the flavour of v2 you wish to purchase...ensuring you are signed in as the user who purchased AVPro Video v1.x.

We list everything in US dollars because that is what the Unity publishing portal works in. On the store this gets translated to more local currencies an then I believe country taxes are added on top.

11. phileday

phileday

Hi,

A quick update on the discount for upgrading. I did the maths and it appears to make sense regarding the discount. So for others who might have the full version of AVPro 1 you get 25% off the price of the Ultra edition and 50% off the core addition. I've gone for the Ultra edition :)

Phil

Ste-RH likes this.
  12. frangagn

frangagn

Quick question. In the Media Player component, in your documentation, you write:

Low Latency: Enable low latency mode (not recommended as it degrades playback performance)

What is this mode exactly, and how does it degrade playback performance? I was having performance issues (laging video, with over 95% GPU usage while looking at a 6K VR video, and I have a RTX3070 GPU!). Clicking this to enable the Low Latency helped significantly, with lowering GPU usage to 30%, no lag and no visible change in image quality. I'm wondering what I'm missing....

13. neutraldigital

neutraldigital

How does the upgrade discount apply?
    We would like to purchase the new version but the discount process is unclear.

Are we receiving a discount code?
    Thanks.

Ste-RH likes this.
  14. Ste-RH

Ste-RH

It is a bit of a black box. Unity applies the discount automatically if you are signed into the asset store as a user who already owns a license of AVPro Video v1.x. You will see the discount applied at the checkout. The current exception is for those who hold an Enterprise license. This is down to the fact there is no current v2 Enterprise edition on the store (coming soon, contact us for details).

At the risk of repeating ourselves, anyone who purchased v1.x within 60 days of v2 release date should automatically be able to 'purchase' the equivalent v2 asset for free.

I hope this information helps. If you require more specific detail, please do contact us at mailto:unitysupport@renderheads.com

neutraldigital likes this.
  15. TheWanderingBen

TheWanderingBen

Hey all,

I'm on a team of a handful of devs using AVPro for Windows. When launching the game in the editor (pressing "Play"), some of us get an infinite loop, with the editor completely frozen before anything appears on screen. Attaching to the process and checking the code, I see that we're stuck in MediaPlayer.CheckEditorAudioMute.

Commenting that line fixes the problem for all who have it, though it doesn't keep the video muted if the editor is muted. Since it's within #UNITY_EDITOR macros, it feels safe to do for a full build as well.

This is 100% repro for everyone who gets the problem. But not all of us get the problem. We're all running on 2019.4 LTS and using Windows.

Happy to have found a workaround, but please let me know if we're doing something really wrong here?

Thanks much!
    -Ben

16. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Thanks for reporting this issue - This isn't an issue we've encountered before.

I have a few questions:

1) Which version of 2019.4 are you using exactly?
    2) Which version of AVPro Video are you using?
    3) Are you able to replicate it with a project that only contains AVPro Video? (I wonder if there's some other script/component in your scene that is also trying to inspect/change the editor mute status)

Thanks,

17. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

18. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Low latency mode does less buffering internally. This means that less memory is used and frames are delivered sooner. The only risk is that because there is less frames pre-buffered, there is more chance of a playback glitch where a frame may not be ready soon enough. This is hardware dependent though, so if you have a fast system (like RTX 3070) this is unlikely to be a problem.

19. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi All,

AVPro Video version 2.0.2 has just been released!

Changes include:

General

• Added
      • Added UpdateMultiPassStereo component for handling stereo rendering in multi-pass mode
    • Improvements
      • Editor slowdown caused by constant serialisation due to Path being saved each frame in Inspector
      • MediaReference thumbnail generator has new time slider and zoom-to-fill option
      • Added new RenderHeads sample video
      • Changed Cone2D sample video to 1080p60 H.264 for better compatibility
      • Documentation updates
    • Fixed
      • Fixed MediaReference missing Browse button
      • Fixed MediaReference thumbnail generation
      • Fixed media browse button erroring in console when browsing for new media to load
    macOS / iOS / tvOS
    • Improvements
      • PostProcessBuild_iOS script now handles cases where the AVProVideo folder has been relocated
      • Can now set the preferred maximum resolution and preferred peak bitrate for HLS playback
    • Fixed
      • Fixed issue with Finished event not being triggered
      • Fixed issue with FirstFrameReady event not being triggered
      • Fixed issue with URL escaping not handling pre-escaped URLs correctly
    Android
    • Improvements
      • Play HLS/Dash/SmoothStream from local file system (ExoPlayer only)
    • Fixed
      • Fixed video dimensions reporting as zero upon 'Started' event firing
      • Cardboard, Vive and Pico multi-pass stereo VR fixed with new UpdateMultiPassStereo component

Download Links

Editions
    On the Unity Asset Store we've made several editions of AVPro Video available so you can pick the one that's best for your project:
    Core Edition
    Ultra Edition
    • Enterprise Edition (contact us for multi-site licensing / support options)​
    You can read this page to learn more about the features, pricing and upgrades for the different editions.

DOWNLOAD THE FREE TRIAL VERSION HERE

Thanks to everyone who helped testing the beta releases! We're looking forward continuing to support this product into the future and adding more features.

Thanks,

20. TheWanderingBen

TheWanderingBen

Thanks for the quick response! We're running version 1.11.4 on Unity 2019.4.18 LTS. This was happening on previous Unity versions, but we were heads-down shipping our game, and I forgot to mention this workaround until we upgraded to 4.18 just now post-launch.

We don't have any code that would listen for editor muting, including any plugins. Though I just tried AVPro in an otherwise empty project and I don't see this error.

It's not the biggest deal, I'm just not sure why it's happening. When trying to chase this down, eventually I get into external AVPro DLL calls, so I can't quite tell what code exactly could be conflicting with something else. But let me know if there are any rabbit holes I can dive into, if they're helpful for you.

NathanRH likes this.
  21. jeromeWork

jeromeWork

@AndrewRH Ouch, got a nasty surprise when I went to import AVPro (I don't use it that often...) My full edition v1 is deprecated :(
    $200 upgrade path isn't a small sum ()although I do appreciate the work that goes into it), so can I ask whether I can continue to use v1? Will anything break or am I just missing out on newer features?

In other words, am I forced to upgrade or can I ignore the newer version?

It's not my only usecase but I'm planning to use it with VRChat. I'm guessing that's a definite no go with v1 (as their devs probably expect the current version to be installed?), or would that work too?

22. NathanRH

NathanRH

Hi Phil!

Good to hear from you again :)

I've watched the very helpful video you shared with us and we're looking into it. I'm sure these issues will be addressed in the next update.

Thanks and all the best,

23. NathanRH

NathanRH

You're not forced to upgrade...You can keep using v1 if it still meets your needs.
    There will certainly be new features that you'll be missing out on, but v1 also has some features (such as support for older devices) that v2 doesn't.

24. jeromeWork

jeromeWork

Thanks @AndrewRH Can you confirm whether v1 works with VRChat?
    v2 description mentions big API changes. Does their SDK expect v2 or v1, or both?

25. NathanRH

NathanRH

I'm not familiar with VR Chat. I think it'd be best to confirm with them. But AVPro Video 2.0 was only launched a few weeks ago, so I suspect they would stil be using 1.x.

Thanks,

jeromeWork likes this.
  26. PiAnkh

PiAnkh

Hello,
    I would appreciate if any of the RenderHeads could help me with some information.
    I am wondering what the benefits are in upgrading to v2.
    At the moment I am using AVPRO v1 to play video on android (Oculus Quest and Pico).
    The application uses 360 videos with directional sound (encoded as FB360). I do need to switch video several times.
    The playback with AVPro meets my needs so far but am always interested in ways to get a better result..

I do not know a great deal about video encoding but two of the improvements I spotted with v2 are multitrack videos and the NotchLC codec. I am not sure what either these could bring to my application. I really not have enough knowledge about video encoding. Online I was able to find that NotchLC is claimed to have greater fidelity but I have no idea what this means for file size for example compared to H.264 which is what I currently use. Any guidance as to the potential advantages of moving to v2 would be great!!

Thanks

27. Juanola_

Juanola_

Hello!

So, I upgraded to V2.0 of AvProVideo. Its working wonderfully in Android, but when I try to upload a build to TestFlight I got a new error that was not present before (nothing in the project has changed, except for the upgrade of AVPro)

ITMS-90562: Invalid Bundle - One or more dynamic libraries that are referenced by your app are not present in the dylib search path

(This is the error in the TestFlight console)

Is there something that need to be added dinamicaly to the search path? Or maybe Im missing some downloadble file?

Thanks!

28. NathanRH

NathanRH

Thanks for letting us know. Please could you open an issue on our GitHub so that the support team can investigate:

https://github.com/RenderHeads/UnityPlugin-AVProVideo/issues

Try to give as much information as possible.

Thanks,

29. NathanRH

NathanRH

Hi,

Yes that makes sense. Stick with version 1 if it's meeting your needs, but some of the benefits of V2 are listed here:
    https://www.renderheads.com/content/docs/AVProVideo/articles/whatsnew.html

NotchLC is a very specialised codec, mainly used in the events industry. The files are HUGE so it's probably not a feature that you need.

We are continuing to improve AVPro Video and already have some new features coming in 2.1 release we're working on. If you have a specific question about features I can answer it, otherwise all the new features and differences can be found in the link above.

Thanks,

30. saftabizadeh

saftabizadeh

Hello, I'm using AVPro v1.11.5. One of my end users is reporting that the video player is not playing a video. I was able to retrieve their log files. They are running Windows 10 on a laptop. The plugin reports that it fails to open the video, but gives no further info. "[AVProVideo] Failed to open {the video}". After looking through the script files, it appears that this message is only printed when something goes wrong with the native plugin. Is there a way to get more info from the plugin about why it failed to open the file?
    We've tried running the app with admin privileges to eliminate that as a possible cause.
    They can open the video with VLC.
    The video is hosted in the cloud and we are accessing by url.
    The video is an m3u8 stream.
    The video does not have a resolution greater than 1920x1080.
    My dev environment (and local builds) do not have this problem, and neither do other end users on the same platform, so it seems like a problem specific to their machine, not my application code or the network.

Are there any other troubleshooting steps I can give to my end user?

31. NathanRH

NathanRH

Hi,

Okay I understand. I'm afraid we don't have any more detailed logging than that. I have a few questions though that could help to solve it:

1) What codecs is the video using for video and audio?
    2) In the Platform Specific > Windows settings on the MediaPlayer component, which API do you have it set to?
    3) Could you find out which vresion of Windows 10 exactly they're running? (Eg using the winver command)

Thanks,

32. saftabizadeh

saftabizadeh

1. Video: H264 - MPEG - 4 AVC (part 10)
    Audio: MPEG AAC Audio
    2. Media Foundation, Hardware Decoding is checked
    3. Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise N, version 10.0.18363 build 18363. It's also running an NVIDIA Quadro K3000M graphics card, so I'm guessing this is a notebook.

33. NathanRH

NathanRH

Thanks that's very helpful. So the issue is probably that they're running an "N" edition of Windows. This doesn't include any media codecs by default.

See what Microsoft says: "Windows 10 N editions include the same functionality as Windows 10, except that these versions of Windows do not include Windows Media Player, and related technologies. End-user customers can enable the media functionality to work properly by installing the Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows 10"

They can download the missing media codecs from here:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/mediafeaturepack

That should fix the problem.

34. saftabizadeh

saftabizadeh

Thanks! For some reason, the microsoft media pack didn't fix it, but I recommended another codex pack that worked. Thanks for the advice!

35. m4lumm

m4lumm

Problem description:

Our HAP Alpha video files are playing with distorted audio.

This is only happening on Windows, inside the Editor & Player.

The audio is distorted regardless of local or streaming playback.

Device:
    Windows 10

Hap Alpha (.mov container)

System Information:
    AVPro Video: plugin v1.11.7 scripts v1.11.7
    Target Platform: Standalone
    Unity: v2019.2.21f1 WindowsEditor
    OS: Desktop - GA-78LMT-USB3 6.0 (Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.) - Windows 10 (10.0.0) 64bit - English
    CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor - 8 threads - 16365KB
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 - NVIDIA - Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1] - 8010KB - 16384

36. NathanRH

NathanRH

Ok, what format is your audio encoded in? And could you give the resolution and frame-rate of the video?
    I assume you are using the DirectShow API?
    Could you check the Performance tab in Task Manager to make sure there isn't a system bottleneck such as CPU, Disk or GPU?

Thanks,

37. JDelekto

JDelekto

Hello there! I'm just discovering in my assets that this has been deprecated as well. As I am a hobbyist, I find that while the $200 upgrade is a generous discount from the $400 price to upgrade, it is simply not in my budget at this time.

I am willing to forego the new features, but will bug fixes still be available for the 1.0 version, or will I just need to use it as it stands moving forward until such a time that I can upgrade (or find a suitable replacement)? That being said, for how long will the previous version discount be available?

Thank you!

38. Ste-RH

Ste-RH

Version 1.x will continue to work for as is for all license holders. It will only fall off the radar when versions of Unity that is does not support are used/required. We will continue to offer support for v1.x for a period of time (likely to be 6 months from the launch of v2).

The discount will likely be reduced over time as we add new features to version 2 and it is further distinguished from v1.x.

Whilst version 1.x has been available and supported for 5 years, we certainly have no intention to leave any developer 'out in the cold' with regard to v1.x. As ever, support will be available through the usual channels - github, email, and here on this forum.

I hope this information helps, and thanks for supporting AVPro Video.

39. m4lumm

m4lumm

Hi NathanRH. Thanks for the quick response. We are using the DirectShow API. On further examination, the entire video seems to be playing a bit in slow-motion, causing the audio to sound bad. I have checked the performance and there are no bottlenecks happening on the system. Keep in mind, the video plays fine on OSX devices.

Container: MPEG-4 (QuickTime) 824 MiB, 10 minutes
    1 video stream: Hap Alpha 9 986 kb/s, 500x500 24 Frames Per Second
    1 audio stream: PCM 1 536 kb/s, 48 kHz, 16 bits, 2 channels PCM (Little/Signed)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
  40. JDelekto

JDelekto

The commitment to support was what I needed to hear. Thank you!

Ste-RH likes this.
  41. NathanRH

NathanRH

I see.

Could you send us the video file so that we can try to reproduce the problem on our side? You can email us a link to it (we will delete it after testing) to our product support email at https://www.renderheads.com/contact/

Thanks,

42. KarloE

KarloE

Did anyone manage to play videos in WebGL, on iOS, using avpro?

I am doing my best to make it work but no luck yet. Unity default player doesn't work either. I understand its not officially supported neither by you guys or Unity, but I ask nevertheless if there is a way to do it.

Did anyone manage to do it?

Marc-Saubion likes this.
  43. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi All,

AVPro Video version 2.0.3 has just been released!

Changes include:

General

• Improvements
      • Timeline extension improved with more options
      • Removed distracting UI flash in editor inspector window when loading videos
      • Documentation
    • Fixed
      • Fixed compile errors in Timeline extension
    Windows
    • Fixed
      • Fixed regression where playing audio via Unity was broken in 2.0.2
      • Fixed older versions of Windows (Win7 etc) not working due to dependencies in the DLL
      • Seeking right after opening media now works in Media Foundation
      • Fixed playback rate causing playback lockup
    Android
    • Fixed
      • FinishedSeeking event now works correctly when using the ExoPlayer API path
      • StartedSeeking and FinishedSeeking events now work correctly when using the MediaPlayer API path
      • Local file loading where path is prefixed with 'file://'

Download Links

Editions
    On the Unity Asset Store we've made several editions of AVPro Video available so you can pick the one that's best for your project:
    Core Edition
    Ultra Edition

You can read this page to learn more about the features, pricing and upgrades for the different editions.

Thanks to everyone who helped testing the beta releases! We're looking forward continuing to support this product into the future and adding more features.

Thanks,

44. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

You may have some luck if you use Firefox or Chrome, but Safari it definitely doesn't work with.

45. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi All,

AVPro Video version 2.0.4 has just been released!

Changes include:

General

• Fixed
      • Fixed default texture not being applied in ApplyTo components
    iOS
    • Fixed
      • #602 Issue with resume playback flag not being handled when the audio session route changes due to removal of headphones
    Android
    • Fixed
      • #606 Fixed regression introduced in 2.0.3 that caused single (e.g. MP4) video files served from http/https to not play

Download Links

Editions
    Core Edition
    Ultra Edition

Thanks to everyone who reported bugs or feature requests! We're looking forward continuing to support this product into the future and adding more features.

Thanks,

46. m4lumm

m4lumm

Hi NathanRH,

I sent the video via email, but I have not yet seen a response. Can you check on this? Thanks!

47. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi, We haven't seen any email from you. Did you send it to unitysupport@renderheads.com?

Thanks,

48. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi All,

AVPro Video version 2.0.5 has just been released!

Changes include:

Windows

• Fixed
      • Fixed audio playing through Unity not working in Core editions since 2.0.1
      • Fixed NotchLC having red-blue channel swapped
      • Fixed memory leak in Hap decoder
    Download Links

Editions
    Core Edition
    Ultra Edition

Thanks to everyone who reported bugs or feature requests! We're looking forward continuing to support this product into the future and adding more features.

Thanks,

49. barbelot

barbelot

Hello,

I am using AVPro Video in my application to display several videos on a screen.
    I currently have a media player component and call OpenVideoFromFile whenever I want to switch video but this causes a few black frames before playing the new video.

I was wondering what would be the best way to solve this issue.
    Should I use a mediaplayer per video, have them all load on start and only switch the display components on and off ? This seems weird to me as it would involve a lot of media players.
    Or is possible to start loading a new video in the background while the current video is still playing and only switch to the new one when its first frame is ready ?

Have a nice day,

50. jupando

jupando

Hi, I upgraded to version 2 and I'm having a bug where ApplyToMaterial doesn't work unless I manually go to the component in the editor and manually disable and re-enable it. Doing that in script isn't working. All of the required pieces are there - player, material, texture, and the video is playing, but ApplyToMaterial just won't apply the texture until I disable and re-enable it. Is there some way to force it to apply and skip all the conditional statements? (edit) I found ForceUpdate but it doesn't do anything either - literally only manually enabling and disabling in the editor.

The context is that I'm streaming the video in to use as a 360 panorama texture, and need to have ApplyToMaterial only actually work once the video has started playing. It worked great with version 1 but just won't work in version 2 even though I'm not doing anything differently at all. Demo scene works.

(edit 2) Removing and re-adding the component seems to have fixed it. The component had been there when I used version 1 and apparently there was some bug introduced by not removing and replacing the component.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021