Search Unity

[Released] AVPro Video - complete video playback solution

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AndrewRH, Feb 12, 2016.

1. NathanRH

NathanRH

Yes you should be able to...I'm afraid you haven't posted much details about your setup so it's difficult for me to many any suggestions. Useful information includes:
    1) Unity version
    2) AVPro Video version
    3) Browsers tested with
    4) Whether you're using HLS.JS (and which version)
    5) A copy of the browser console log
    6) Information (or a copy of) the media you're playing

Please post a detailed report of the issue on our issue tracker so that our support team can investigate:
    https://github.com/RenderHeads/UnityPlugin-AVProVideo/issues

Thanks,

2. NathanRH

NathanRH

Hi,

Try this instead:

Code (CSharp):
    1. mainMediaPlayer.GetComponent<MediaPlayer>().m_PlaybackRate = 5.0f;
    2. mainMediaPlayer.GetComponent<MediaPlayer>().Control.SetPlaybackRate(5.0f);
    Thanks,

3. NathanRH

NathanRH

I don't believe MKV files are supported on iOS at all.

Also - yes we don't have spatial audio support on iOS because we haven't had time to investigate that yet. Currently there aren't any plans to implement it. We did have an initial investigate but found that it's not straight forward.

Thanks,

4. bz_apps

bz_apps

Hi, when i stream in a HLS video from the web, I get 2 or 3 seconds of audio before the video starts. Is there anything I can do about this?

If anything, I would like to show the first frame of the video. Currently I have s square box...

Thanks.

5. lightsailvr

lightsailvr

I remember reading that AVPro 2.0 was going to support HLS metadata so we could trigger unity events based on HLS timecode/metadata (such as the kind you can embed using Wowza). Is this still true? Is it implemented in the beta? Trying to figure out how to sync a live stream to unity events and logic.

6. jtojung

jtojung

Could AVpro has some scripts to set streaming video quality such as 480p, 720p and automatically decrease quality while bitrate drop?

7. NathanRH

NathanRH

Please open an issue here so that our support team can investigate:

Please provide as much detail as possible, and ideally a sample so we can reproduce the issue.

Thanks,

8. NathanRH

NathanRH

Yes we hope to have this feature in V2. It's not in the beta yet though, but keep a look out as we release new beta versions which we will continue to to do until V2 is ready. Thanks,

9. NathanRH

NathanRH

I'm afraid there is no way to set which quality you want - it will automatically set the quality dynamically based on the detected bandwidth as the media plays. In version 2.0 (coming soon) we will be adding more controls for bandwidth.

Thanks,

10. AndyMartin458

AndyMartin458

When is AudioOutput going to be supported on all platforms (e.g. Android)? I would like to be able to pipe the audio to AudioSource so that I can recreate a TV with spatial audio.

unity_BTx7JZ418quE1Q likes this.
  11. shaneK001

shaneK001

I'm trying to get a video to play from the Movies folder on a ViveFocus. Is there a special path for that headset? I've tried various addresses and all seem to be failing.
    Any help is much appreciated.
    Great asset btw.

12. Nieves-de-la-Fuente

Nieves-de-la-Fuente

Hi!
    I am working on a project with 360 degree Videos that should be displayed in a web browser. That is why I decided to use AVPRo. My problem is, that I am not able to see my videos after exporting the project in unity with "build and run"
    In game mode, there is no problem, but the local host is not showing me anything back. My videos are in the Folder streaming assets. I have tried with Chrome, Explorer and Firefox.

I have to use a los of videos for the project, but I am still testing just with one video and already having issues:
    Original Sice: 1.11 GB, Imported Sice: 1.67 GB Duration: 3min 46 sec. FPS:25, Pixels:5760*2880, Audios 48000Hz Stereo, Format mp4. Codec, H624. I have also tried with a 4k version of this video and it is also not working.

System Information:

AVPro Video: plugin v1.11.1t scripts v1.11.3
    Target Platform: WebGL
    Unity: v2019.3.5f1 WindowsEditor
    OS: Desktop - P7xxTM1 (XMG) - Windows 10 (10.0.0) 64bit - German
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz - 8 threads - 32712KB
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 - NVIDIA - Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1] - 8031KB - 16384

13. NathanRH

NathanRH

Ahhh we're not sure. It's on the list but we have a lot of things on the list currently.... It's something we want to do because it's the only platform that doesn't have this feature yet.

Thanks,

14. NathanRH

NathanRH

Thanks. I'm not sure. Perhpas you could give more information about exactly what you're trying?
    Did you set the External file permissions in Player Settings?
    If you're still having issues please post to out GitHub Issues so that our support team can investigate.

Thanks,

15. NathanRH

NathanRH

Hi,

Have you tried just building one of our demo scenes to see whether that works in the browser for you? You should try that and make sure you don't have huge files in StreamingAssets when you do that test. Then if that works try adding one of your videos in there and using that as the media and see what happens.

Also it would be good to know if there is any error in the browser console.

H.264 above 4K doesn't have good support in general, so I would recommend H.265 (HEVC) if you're going for a very high resolution. Unity's WebGL has a lot of overhead though so I'm not sure how well it will play.

If you're still having issues you can submit an issue to our Github so that our support team can investigate:

Thanks,

16. KingaO

KingaO

Hi,
    I want to extract specific frames while video is playing. The problem is that when I call this method video stop playing.
    Could you tell me why this is happeing and what to do to change that?

17. NathanRH

NathanRH

Do you mean the video stops playing, yet it is able to extract the frame? Or it's not able to extract the frame?
    Or do you want it to extract a frame while it's playing - the current frame or any frame?

It certainly should be able to extract a frame, but it must seek to the place where you ask it to extract, so it can't play back at the same time. If you just want to extact the current frame while it's playing back - that should be possible... Perhaps let me know how you're using it?

Thanks,

18. SENSEARENA

SENSEARENA

Hello

Problem description:

I have bought AVPro Video (Android long time ago). Everything worked as it should until yesterday. It started to show the trial watermark. I was on older version(not sure on which one).
    I am using same account as I bought the asset whith. I tried to upgrading to new version 1.11.3, removed whole asset from project and reimported again, deleted cache and refreshed the projects. nothing really helps. Watermark is still on.
    I need to fix it as soon as possible because it f*** up our release schedule.
    Can somebody help me with this issue?

Device (which devices are you having the issue with - model, OS version number):

Ocusus Quest, Unity editor(Windows 10)

Media (tell us about your videos - number of videos, resolution, codec, frame-rate, example URLs):

System Information:

Target Platform: Standalone
    Unity: v2019.1.14f1 WindowsEditor
    OS: Desktop - OMEN by HP Desktop PC 880-p0xx (HP) - Windows 10 (10.0.0) 64bit - Slovak
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz - 4 threads - 16321KB
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 - NVIDIA - Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1] - 8088KB - 16384

19. NathanRH

NathanRH

LostPanda likes this.
  20. NathanRH

NathanRH

Hi,

So you own "AVPro Video (Android)", and you're setting the watermark on Android?

Thanks,

21. SENSEARENA

SENSEARENA

Yeah, that's right. In the screenshot below, you can see brought AVPro, with the same account, and the watermark on my video.
    upload_2020-7-10_0-37-7.png

In the avpro helper,I can see AVPro version
    is the t for the trial? Do I need to active avpro somehow?(It worked previously without any activation). I tried even 2 other computers still the same issue.

Edit:
    Tried a new project with only avpro imported, same issue.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  22. NathanRH

NathanRH

Hi,

But did you try running in on an Android device? If you purchased "AVPro Video (Android)" then it will still show the watermark in all other platforms - including the Editor which is running on the Windows platform.

Yes the "t" is for the trial version. But it only means that it's running in trial mode on the platform that you're currently running on.

I hope that helps.

Thanks,

23. KingaO

KingaO

Hi,

im playing a video and at some point I press a mouse button. When I press it I want to extract current frame.

Im using this method to do this.

Code (CSharp):
    1. texture = ClipController.MediaPlayer.ExtractFrame(texture, ClipController.MediaPlayer.Control.GetCurrentTimeMs() / 1000);

24. vasyllatushko

vasyllatushko

Hi Renderheads!
    I am investigating the trial version of your plug-in and I am interested in the Google Cardboard stereoscopic view. I have built it for Android and it didn't work, just a black screen with the error I have attached logs_demo2.txt file with logs.

My setup was the following:
    Unity Version: 2019.3.4.2f1
    AVPro Video: trial version for full list of platforms
    Scene Setup:
    • used the screen called "08_Demo_360SphereVideo"
    • changed platform to Android
    • built and ran on Android device
    Expected Result: stereoscopic view of the scene.

Should have I added the Google Cardboard SDK or maybe I needed to tweak some settings before building?

Attached Files:

25. NathanRH

NathanRH

Hi,

I think it's because it's not finding the plugin files. I believe it is the same issue that was solved here:
    https://github.com/RenderHeads/UnityPlugin-AVProVideo/issues/50

Please take a look in the /Plugins/Android folder and make sure it has the correct platform and CPU architecture assigned. Especially in the ARM64 folder.

I hope that helps solve the problem for you?

Thanks,

26. vasyllatushko

vasyllatushko

Thanks,

I have tried what is suggested in the referenced issue and got the following results (see the attached log and a screenshot of settings)

Still, when I ran the .apk on Android phone I got just a black screen and those logs attached. Please, let me know if you know how to fix the issue.

Attached Files:

27. vasyllatushko

vasyllatushko

Additionally, I have tried to create an empty project, import the plugin there and build, prior to building enabling the arm64 libraries, like you've suggested in the previous post.
    I have got the following results (see attachments)

I can also send you the empty Unity project (with your plugin imported) to test, but it seems this forum doesn't allow that. Just let me know where I could send it and I will.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  28. NathanRH

NathanRH

Hi,

I had a look at the log - I see it's erroring because you're running using the Vulkan graphics API, which we don't support. If you go to Player Settings you can set the Graphics API for Android there and we support OpenGL ES 2 and 3.

Thanks,

29. NathanRH

NathanRH

If you don't want it to seek, then don't pass a time in. So just called:

Code (CSharp):
    1. texture = ClipController.MediaPlayer.ExtractFrame(texture);
    or you can pass in -1 as the time value:

Code (CSharp):
    1. texture = ClipController.MediaPlayer.ExtractFrame(texture, -1f);
    Thanks,

30. KingaO

KingaO

Hi,

it's working now, it was a silly mistake :D.

Thanks for your help!

31. vasyllatushko

vasyllatushko

Hi Renderheads,

I have tried what you've suggested and it worked when your project is imported into an empty Unity project. In this case, the video worked, but without the stereoscopic view. Have I forgot to enable anything in the settings? I haven't found anything related to it in your User Manual.

Another test case I have done is:
    • imported AVPro Video plugin into an existing project with Firebase Auth SDK and GoogleSignIn plugins imported;
    • configured the libraries in the same way as in the previous test case (where the plugin was imported into an empty project);
    • made sure the Graphics API set to OpenGL ES 2 and 3;
    • opened the demo scene 08_Demo_360SphereVideo and added it as a single scene for the build;
    • built the project for the Android platform and tested out;
    The result I got is:
    • black screen see attached logs;

Attached Files:

32. NathanRH

NathanRH

Right so I think the issue is now because it's an ARM64 build.
    You need to either disable ARM64 build (in Player Settings), or

go to /Plugins/Android/libs/arm64-v8a and go through selecting each file in Unity and making set the platform is set to Android and the architecture is set to ARM64.

I hope that helps

33. CodeRonnie

CodeRonnie

I'm sorry if this has been answered somewhere. I tried searching this thread, I promise. I couldn't seem to easily find an answer on the Asset Store description, the company website, or the user manual.

I've already purchased the Windows and iOS license separately. It seems that as we are adding more and more platforms I may as well purchase the full license for all platforms. It's currently on sale, and the amount I've already paid for two platforms is the same as the full price. Is there a way for me to transition to the full license without paying any additional price? Otherwise I have to think if I want to do another single platform license instead, which would bring the total amount I've paid to more than the cost of a full license, but would cost me less in total out-of-pocket today.

34. vasyllatushko

vasyllatushko

The libraries in the /Plugins/Android/libs/arm64-v8a folder are all set to ARM64 and I have additionally disabled the ARM64 in the Player Settings. The build still has a black screen. Do you have an idea why it's happening?

35. NathanRH

NathanRH

Hmm that's strange..
    well your last log said this:

Code (CSharp):
    1. 07-13 17:00:28.644 19010 19058 E Unity   : AndroidJavaException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.RenderHeads.AVProVideo.AVProMobileVideo
    2. 07-13 17:00:28.644 19010 19058 E Unity   : java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.RenderHeads.AVProVideo.AVProMobileVideo
    Which indicates that it can't load one of the plugin files (.jar or .so files)

hmmm...

36. NathanRH

NathanRH

Hi,

I'm afraid the asset store gives us no mechanism to do that. We already have discounts set up, so that if someone owns one of the per-platform versions, then upgrading to the full package will just be the difference. It doesn't allow us to set up any discounts for people owning multiple packages unfortunately.

Thanks,

37. vasyllatushko

vasyllatushko

I have two questions:
    1. Is it possible to schedule a call with you to try to resolve the issue?
    2. Anyway, in the empty project it works, but without the stereoscopic view. Is it possible to turn it on somehow?
    3. Do you think, the black screen issue is worth investigating further with you or you assume it's something on our side? We have Firebase Auth and Google Sign In plugins imported as well.

38. NathanRH

NathanRH

1) I'm afraid we only offer support via GitHub Issue. If you post the issue here our support team will be able to investigate:

2) Oh it works in an empty project? What do you mean by stereoscopic view? If you have a stereo video, it should certainly work.

3) I'm not sure. I would recommend trying to get your stereo use-case to work with a simple project using AVPro Video first - because that should definitely work. Then try adding these plugins in to see if there is some sort of conflict. Android logs usually reveal the reason though.

Thanks,

39. vasyllatushko

vasyllatushko

Thanks for your responses!

I think I will try to remove other plugins from the project and import only AVPro. If it works I will add other plugins one by one to see what causes the issues.

2. I will try to add the stereoscopic video. Although, I thought it should work with any environment we set up. We might have a custom environment with a big screen or something, is it possible to enable the stereoscopic view then? (By stereoscopic, I mean the two views for both eyes, to use it in the cardboard, do you think it's possible to achieve with your plugin?)

P.S. when I tried the suggestion from your last reply, I got the logs attached. It still cannot find the class
    Code (CSharp):
    1. com.RenderHeads.AVProVideo.AVProMobileVideo
    Thanks.

Attached Files:

40. shaneK001

shaneK001

I was unable to use the Absolute Path option in the player. Not sure how to get the address of the folder tbh. However, we were able to get the Persistent data folder to load the videos on to the headset that way, so got it solved to be able to use it.

Another thing we noticed is that the Media Player option in the Android settings worked way better that the Exo player. We're playing 4k 360 videos directly from the headset. Great asset.

41. KingaO

KingaO

Hi,

want to play two mp4 360 videos, one after another on Windows. First one is 17sec, second 7second. Both are 5760x2880, 29.97f/s.
    I open both of them at the start of my program, with
    Code (CSharp):
    1. mediaPlayer.OpenVideoFromFile(MediaPlayer.FileLocation.AbsolutePathOrURL, path,false);
    and Im wainting till I got event "First Frame Ready" for the first video to play it. When Im playing first video I got "First Frame Ready" for the second video. Then I wait till I get "Finished Playing", I stop first video, and play second one.

My problem is that when I play the second video it stutters for 2-3second .

Could you tell me what Im doing wrong?

Edit: I used Demo_PlaylistTranstitions to play my videos and it still stutters but much less, so Im guessing Im doing something wrong. And I cant use playlist media player.
    I forgot to add that both my videos are on two different spheres and different MediaPlayers.

Edit2: Another thing is that when I play a video, the edges are "swimming". Im using InsideSpehere shader.

Okay, I did a few tests and as far as I know there is nothing wrong with my videos. When first video ends and second one starts playing im blending very fast between two Cinemachine cameras (I make a fast turn to the left). Normally it wouldnt be a problem but in my second video the image on the video is also turning left. Im doing it this way so it looks like the image on the video is turining faster. If I just play my video without camera blending, everything works fine, but then my video is to slow.

Could you tell me what should I do ?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
  42. shaneK001

shaneK001

Got stuck on this myself when I changed to ARM64. Changing the files in arm64-v8a sorted it for me.

43. JSTARCOM

JSTARCOM

Hi,

We would need httpHeaderJson for the Windows version of our app, to send a token to our backend.
    Can you please confirm that in AVPro Video 2.x we will have this option available for Windows?
    When AVPro Video 2.x will be available? Is it possible to test a beta version?
    Is there a workaround ?
    Many thanks

44. RobertCoomber

RobertCoomber

Hi RH, I have 3840*3840 30fps hevc video footage that I am playing back on windows, for Oculus Rift. We have an oculus go version using AV pro and the same video and playback is flawless. On Rift/PC version, video playback works well and looks great however we are getting Headset FPS issues during playback. We are using Oculus’ Debug Tool to monitor frame rate.

I’ve been using other video players (deoplayer and playa) on the oculus store that use avpro and their players are able to play this video while maintaining a stable frame rate. I’m assuming that these players are using a 3rd party filter. I tried using the standard “LAV Video Decoder” but saw no change as I don’t think it has any effect on HEVC videos.

I understand that 3rd parties such as ffmpeg offer LAV filters however I am unsure how to implement them or really where to start. Any recommendations on this would be great.

I’ve also tried encoding the videos with “-tune fastdecode” but there was basically no improvement.

Our machine does have HEVC Codec installed from the Microsoft store. i7, GTX 1070, 16gb ram, ssd.

Another notable observation was that the frame rate sometimes held steady at 72 hz(quest link in this case) for the first few seconds to then drop down and pulse between 45 and 60 fps, as shown in the image. Again, video looks just fine, but the headset framerate is low, which obviously is not good.

Let me know if you need any further info, or have any recommendations. Thanks!

Attached Files:

45. NathanRH

NathanRH

Hi,

Custom HTTP Headers is not available on Windows in AVPro Video 1.x. It is available in version 2.0. There is a beta you can download from here:
    https://github.com/RenderHeads/UnityPlugin-AVProVideo/releases

We don't have a date yet for final release.

Thanks,

46. NathanRH

NathanRH

Hi, Have you tried running in OES mode? This is a performance option in Player Settings > Android.

The frame rate pulsing might be due to overheating. Using OES should help with that.

Also ideally you want to video to have a frame rate that is a multiple of the display rate. So for 72hz display you should have a video that is 36 FPS for example. If you're using the Quest then you may want to consider switching to it's 60hz mode when playing back videos, so that your videos can have a FPS of 30 or 60 and get smoother playback.

I hope some of these suggestions help.

47. NathanRH

NathanRH

Because those videos are such high resolutions, the GPU can only decode one of them at once. So when you're switching videos it's having to swap around a lot of resources, which can cause stutters. If might improve if you fully closed the first video and then after a few seconds loaded the next one and played it. You can't fully pre-load both videos at that resolution as there aren't enough decode resources.

Could you perhaps combine that videos together (potentially with some padding), and then just seek to the appropriate place in the video? That should make playback smoother.

I'm not sure about the swimming edges - perhaps you could post a screenshot?

48. RobertCoomber

RobertCoomber

Thanks for the response. The issues I am having is with the PCVR Rift playback, not android. Those recommendations above are already in use for our oculus Go app and work well. The issues I was describing above is for PCVR, I am using the Quest Link for development but these issues are also happening on our test users PCs using Oculus Rift S. As noted in the original post, I've installed the LAV filters and tried using them in the but we are still having strange framerate issues on the rift s headset. The video itself is playing at the correct 30fps but the actual frame rate rendering to the headset is the issue. In addition the frame rate doesn't drop until about 2 or 3 seconds after the video has already started and the frame rate returns to normal once I pause the video.

Have you ever seen anything like that? And is there any way I can try the ffmpeg playback filters with AVPro?

Thanks.

49. apalasthy

apalasthy

Hi, I've noticed one feature:
    When one media player buffers a video from url the buffered part is accessible to all other media player instances.
    I'm using this to prepare starts of multiple videos for smooth transitions between them.

One media player is playing the videos while another is doing the pre-buffering of future ones.

Is this shared buffer a feature of avPro and is there something that I should be aware of?
    Also: Is there a way of knowing/setting the max buffer size?

50. LvChy

LvChy

any solution ?