Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.4 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] AVPro Video - complete video playback solution

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AndrewRH, Feb 12, 2016.

1. NathanRH

NathanRH

It's a completely new product really. There will be an upgrade path for V1 owners, but it will still cost for the upgrade. V2 might not suit your needs, as there are a lot of changes, including dropping support for some older platforms etc. We also don't yet have a firm date on when V2 will be released out of beta. The upgrade path from V1 will be fair, so I would say that if V1 suits your needs now then get V1, otherwise wait until you can fully evaluate V2.

Thanks,

2. NathanRH

NathanRH

Yes you should be able to...I'm afraid you haven't posted much details about your setup so it's difficult for me to many any suggestions. Useful information includes:
    1) Unity version
    2) AVPro Video version
    3) Browsers tested with
    4) Whether you're using HLS.JS (and which version)
    5) A copy of the browser console log
    6) Information (or a copy of) the media you're playing

Please post a detailed report of the issue on our issue tracker so that our support team can investigate:
    https://github.com/RenderHeads/UnityPlugin-AVProVideo/issues

Thanks,

3. NathanRH

NathanRH

Hi,

Try this instead:

Code (CSharp):
    1. mainMediaPlayer.GetComponent<MediaPlayer>().m_PlaybackRate = 5.0f;
    2. mainMediaPlayer.GetComponent<MediaPlayer>().Control.SetPlaybackRate(5.0f);
    Thanks,

4. NathanRH

NathanRH

I don't believe MKV files are supported on iOS at all.

Also - yes we don't have spatial audio support on iOS because we haven't had time to investigate that yet. Currently there aren't any plans to implement it. We did have an initial investigate but found that it's not straight forward.

Thanks,

5. bz_apps

bz_apps

Hi, when i stream in a HLS video from the web, I get 2 or 3 seconds of audio before the video starts. Is there anything I can do about this?

If anything, I would like to show the first frame of the video. Currently I have s square box...

Thanks.

6. lightsailvr

lightsailvr

I remember reading that AVPro 2.0 was going to support HLS metadata so we could trigger unity events based on HLS timecode/metadata (such as the kind you can embed using Wowza). Is this still true? Is it implemented in the beta? Trying to figure out how to sync a live stream to unity events and logic.

7. jtojung

jtojung

Could AVpro has some scripts to set streaming video quality such as 480p, 720p and automatically decrease quality while bitrate drop?

8. NathanRH

NathanRH

Please open an issue here so that our support team can investigate:
    https://github.com/RenderHeads/UnityPlugin-AVProVideo/issues

Please provide as much detail as possible, and ideally a sample so we can reproduce the issue.

Thanks,

9. NathanRH

NathanRH

Yes we hope to have this feature in V2. It's not in the beta yet though, but keep a look out as we release new beta versions which we will continue to to do until V2 is ready. Thanks,

10. NathanRH

NathanRH

I'm afraid there is no way to set which quality you want - it will automatically set the quality dynamically based on the detected bandwidth as the media plays. In version 2.0 (coming soon) we will be adding more controls for bandwidth.

Thanks,

11. AndyMartin458

AndyMartin458

When is AudioOutput going to be supported on all platforms (e.g. Android)? I would like to be able to pipe the audio to AudioSource so that I can recreate a TV with spatial audio.

12. shaneK001

shaneK001

I'm trying to get a video to play from the Movies folder on a ViveFocus. Is there a special path for that headset? I've tried various addresses and all seem to be failing.
    Any help is much appreciated.
    Great asset btw.

unityunity