Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] AVPro Video - complete video playback solution

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AndrewRH, Feb 12, 2016.

1. LostPanda

LostPanda

I think you should use English first.

RenderHeadsSte likes this.
  2. tanakake

tanakake

error

Attached Files:

3. RenderHeadsSte

RenderHeadsSte

4. RenderHeadsSte

RenderHeadsSte

Would it be possible to post an issue to github? We will be able to gather and correlate all information better that way, hopefully help find a solution quicker.

5. RenderHeadsSte

RenderHeadsSte

To better help you, we will need more information. The quickest and best way to achieve this is to post an issue to the github issues board.

6. RenderHeadsSte

RenderHeadsSte

We will respond via github rather than pollute the forum with 'back and forward' questions!

7. RenderHeadsSte

RenderHeadsSte

I am afraid we can only handle support requests in English :(

I believe I have seen you have posted this to unitysupport@ support email address. We will try and help you via that channel.

8. RenderHeadsSte

RenderHeadsSte

Indeed. We can only offer support in English. Apologies for this. It's not cool, but we do not have a full complement of linguistic support staff at RenderHeads.

9. RenderHeadsSte

RenderHeadsSte

I see you have already posted up a support request for this issue to github...

https://github.com/RenderHeads/UnityPlugin-AVProVideo/issues/243

That is the way you will receive support the quickest. By cross posting here you are only slowing down how quickly we can get to and help with your issue. Sorry to be blunt! :)

10. RenderHeadsSte

RenderHeadsSte

11. RenderHeadsSte

RenderHeadsSte

The simple answer is...yes, but with caveats.

I assume you are targeting Windows/macOS...

If your hardware can do it, then you should have no problems...it should 'just work'. If you are piping the audio through unity, then that should also work for you.

We would always recommend downloading the free (watermarked) trial version to check AVPro Video works for your use-case before purchasing a license. You can grab that here: http://downloads.renderheads.com/2019/UnityPlugin-AVProVideo-Latest-Trial.unitypackage

LostPanda likes this.
  12. LostPanda

LostPanda

thank you very much. Actually I have purchased all the products of avpro on the assetstore. Thank you for your news. I have no experience in 5.1 & 7.1 sound. I would like to consult specifically, in addition to the hardware requirements. Is there a special setting in the software (eg.avpro or window10)? Are there any special requirements for the video format or sound. Thanks again.

In addition, I have always been wondering if avpro provide windows all DLL source code files. If the price is appropriate, I want to buy it. thank.

13. RayKiteFrankWang

RayKiteFrankWang

14. TopPlay

TopPlay

@RenderHeadsSte
    Anyway, you don't respond to my questions on both the forum and git!

15. TopPlay

TopPlay

1, in the Windows platform or guidelines and the Riod platform sometimes do not receive the FirstFrameReady event, so I can not use this event to trigger seamless playback;
    2, because the resolution of the media file I play is relatively large: 7680 x 1080, H265 encoding, there is a player already playing, near the end, preloaded another media, triggered by FirstFrameReady, but when loading the second player and initialize the error, the prompt is as follows:
    Android Player (Droidlogic_X96Air_P2@192.168.15.52) (AVProVideo) Error: Failed to load. The file could not be found, the codec is not supported, the video resolution is too high, or the system resources are insufficient.
    3, in addition, the player opens a non-existent file through the function: OpenViewFromFile(), the function returns still true, and will not trigger: MediaPlayerEvent.EventType.Error Event;
    4, _MediaPlayer.CloseVideo() function, if the media does not load successfully, will not trigger: MediaPlayer Event.EventType.Closing event, causing some trouble processing list playback;
    1, sometimes do not receive The FirstFrameReady event on the Windows platform or the andriod platform, so I can't use this event to trigger seamless playback;
    2, because I play a larger resolution of the media file: 7680 x 1080, H265 encoding, there is already a player playing, near the end, preloaded another media, triggered by FirstFrameReady, but when loading the second player and initialize there is an error, prompt is as follows:
    Android Player (Droidlogic_X96Air_P2@192.168.15.52) (AVProVideo) error: failed to load. The file could not be found, the codec is not supported, the video resolution is too high or non-system resources are not available.
    3, in addition, the player opens a non-existent file through the function: OpenViewFromFile(), which returns true and does not trigger: MediaPlayer Event.EventType.Error event;
    4. _MediaPlayer.CloseVideo() function, if the media load fails, will not trigger: MediaPlayer Event.EventType.Closing event, causing trouble processing list playback;

16. RenderHeadsSte

RenderHeadsSte

I am afraid we do not offer a license to access the source code.

As long as you encode your audio in accordance to one of the standard channel layouts, you should be all good.

LostPanda likes this.
  17. RenderHeadsSte

RenderHeadsSte

18. Xavier78

Xavier78

Hello
    I am trying to play videos on android using aws CloudFront. This works so far on PC, web, but not android for some reason. I am just getting the error below. I will note loading the S3 URL works just fine, but not CloudFront.

"[AVProVideo] Error: Loading failed. File not found, codec not supported, video resolution too high or insufficient system resources."

I know that error is kinda a catch-all(I would love to see better error messages), so any help would be most appreciated. I can also setup a test project on github later if you would like.

I also can download the video using a WWW class/play it in other ways on android, which is why I am posting here as it seems to only be a problem with AVPro loading it.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  19. garric

garric

20. PunchCircle

PunchCircle

Hello, I want to create a gallery with ability to play 360 video player using this asset. Is there a way to create thumbnail for the gallery?

21. richardzzzarnold

richardzzzarnold

Hi there,
    I am using AVProVideo on IOS, to make the video manipulation app Surrealizer.
    It worked perfectly when I released it feb4 2019.I have not made any updates to it since release but recently discovered that it doesn't work properly anymore.
    It should work by accessing a video from the device video library, and then manipulating it during playback. but it doesn't seem to want to load the video any more.
    I can only attribute this failure to some kind of change caused by ios updates leading to some kind of error in video addressing. I am getting the video library file address via a third party plugin and directing that to the media player with

mediaPlayer.OpenVideoFromFile(MediaPlayer.FileLocation.AbsolutePathOrURL, vidPath, true);

where vidPath is the video file address.

however it wont play.
    but it did 12 months ago.

previously I was using
    mediaPlayer.m_VideoPath = vidPath;
    mediaPlayer.OpenVideoFromFile(mediaPlayer.m_VideoLocation, vidPath);

any idea why this might not work any more?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  22. richardzzzarnold

richardzzzarnold

:SOLVED: apparently in my case, the file address I was getting was not correctly prefixed. Seems that now when you reference ios or android files you have to preface the address with"file://"

( "file://" +vidPath)

RenderHeadsSte likes this.
  23. adammarcwilliams

adammarcwilliams

Does AVPro support 5.2K 3D-180 Video with Ambisonic Spatial Audio on the Oculus GO?

24. MrMatthias

MrMatthias

Is it possible to pass a c# stream for playback? Or is it possible to play a stream with self signed certificate and http authentication?

25. garrido86

garrido86

Is there a list that states which resolutions are supported by the different chipsets on the Android platform? In the documentation is a link to the Kodi Wiki provided but that contains no Info about resolution. The S8 for example supports nearly 4k but the latest Samsung A20 can't even do 2K.

Also the provided Facebook360 demo video doesn't work on Android, there is audio but video is black - am I missing something?

//Edit
    These are my own findings (in context of 360VR Stereoscropic content) I came up with, more then happy to be corrected:

Now I need to check at runtime the supported resolution and my Idea is to include a 1sec blank clip for each of these resolutions and go from the highest to the lowest and find out which one works.

Also for my scenario all videos will be downloaded expect the initial video, so I also need to figure out that out how to handle this, since I don't like to just use the lowest resolution and give a bad impression on a device that could support higher resolutions.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  26. TopPlay

TopPlay

Nearly 15 days later, I didn't see your reply on git, and why do I think my question "pollution" forum?

27. garrido86

garrido86

Interesting, I actually changed from Email to this Forum because they stopped answering me since about 2 weeks.
    This is kinda scary because I like to buy this but I can't drop 400€ on something that is isn't supported anymore or is hanging on life support.

28. gio_987654321

gio_987654321

hello RenderHeads Team
    i would like to know if there is a way to have different blending modes ( additive, substract, exclusion ...) with your Avpro product ?
    Thanks you for your feedback
    GiO

29. gio_987654321

gio_987654321

hello All
    i ve find a solution to blending AVPro video modes . I ve used asset filter cameras. ( like , for example, camera pack filter without Ad)
    meanwhile i used one camera per footage
    but thats work fine .
    good news for us graphic designer !

NathanRH likes this.
  30. mrlosh

mrlosh

Hello! Do you have any advise on how to properly use multiple cameras in the scene? I have a spectator cam that tracks the movements of the main camera, the spectator cam outputs to second display, not HMD. I'm having an issue where my stereo 360 video alternates between the two eyes in the spectator cam view, while the main camera is totally fine. I'm assuming it has something to do with the fact that only the main camera is assigned in the "update stereo material" script settings and I'm also using single pass instanced stereo rendering mode. Thank you!

31. RobertCoomber

RobertCoomber

Is there any way to change from stereoscopic rendering to monoscopic rendering at runtime? I am setting material.SetFloat("ForceEye", 1) for example during runtime. It does not actually set the force eye mode to Right if I use 1 or left if I use 2. Once call the above function, I am checking to see if the value is actually changing in the shader with material.GetFloat("ForceEye"). I am getting the correct value I set it to even though it is not actually changing from stereoscopic rendering to monoscopic rendering during runtime. I'd like the ability to change to monoscopic rendering during something like a pause menu. Any help or advice is appreciated. If it is not possible, let me know so I can make a feature request on the github page. Thank you.

32. jariwake

jariwake

Where can I find the AVPro Video documentation? The links on Renderheads homepage (http://renderheads.com/products/avpro-video/) are broken and the documentation is not included in the asset store package.

I would need to find out how to read metadata from an HLS stream - like what is the current timestamp of the segment.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  33. musicdeveloper

musicdeveloper

There seems to be a lag in the AVPro Video starting in my scene, causing the video to get slightly out of sync (about 3-5 frames) with the other elements in the scene. (This is a music app, that needs the track in the video to be exactly synced with the elements in the scene)

I am already using Coroutines to make sure that the FinishedSeeking and Started video events have fired before any other playback in the scene is started. Here's an outline of how my Start Playback function is structured:

Code (CSharp):
    2.     bool finishedSeeking = false;
    3.     bool videoStarted = false;
    5.     private void Seek()
    6.     {
    7.         finishedSeeking = false;
    8.         videoStarted = false;
    10.         StartCoroutine(SeekVideo());
    12.         yield return new WaitUntil(() => finishedSeeking);
    14.         yield return new WaitUntil(() => videoStarted);
    17.         //Start other elements in scene (Audio track, synthesizer, etc.)
    19.         //They are still slightly ahead of the video track, enough to be a problem.
    20.     }
    23.     IEnumerator SeekVideo()
    24.     {
    25.         AVPROvideoPlayer.Control.Seek(seekTime);
    27.         yield return new WaitUntil(() => finishedSeeking);
    29.         AVPROvideoPlayer.Play();
    31.         yield break;
    33.     }
    35.     public void OnVideoEvent(MediaPlayer mediaPlayer, MediaPlayerEvent.EventType eventType, ErrorCode error)
    36.     {
    37.         Debug.Log("VideoEvent: " + eventType.ToString() + " Error: " + error.ToString());
    39.         switch (eventType)
    40.         {
    41.             case MediaPlayerEvent.EventType.Error:
    42.                 finishedSeeking = true;
    43.                 videoStarted = true;
    44.                 break;
    46.             case MediaPlayerEvent.EventType.FinishedSeeking:
    47.                 finishedSeeking = true;
    48.                 break;
    50.             case MediaPlayerEvent.EventType.Started:
    51.                 videoStarted = true;
    52.                 break;
    53.         }
    54.     }
    However, there is still about a 0.13 second lag between the AVPro video and the other elements.

My scene previously used Unity Video Player, and there was no detectable lag.

Is there a better way to manage seeking, or otherwise make sure there's no loss of synchronization when starting or seeking the video?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  34. CherryEngine

CherryEngine

Hi,
    I want to use mediaPlayer.OpenVideoFromBuffer - currently the only supported
    video API is DirectShow for that. But there is a difference in how the video looks when I use
    "Media Foundation" (open video from the file) and when I read it from the buffer using
    Direct Show - any advice??

I'm using MP4 video file on Windows 10.

35. NathanRH

NathanRH

What do you mean by "there is a difference"?

Or are you asking whether there is any visual difference? If so, then there shouldn't be any visual difference.

Thanks,

36. NathanRH

NathanRH

You could try to encode your videos in a way that makes seeking and decoding in general faster. Most H.264/H.265 encoders (eg ffmpeg) have presets for this such as "-fastdecode" which will make the files slightly larger, but will also make them faster to playback/seek. You could also add more keyframes to your video, and make sure that you're seeking to a keyframe (fastest) rather than an intermediate (B/P) frame as these take longer to decode unless the subsequent frames have already been decoded.

I hope this helps. Thanks,

37. NathanRH

NathanRH

The PDF documentation is included in the package, and is also linked on our website and the Unity asset store. I believe we had a problem with our website host last week that caused links to not work. It should be working now.

As far as I know we don't really have any means to query the current timestamp of a segment. Though I'm not completely sure what you mean by that.

Thanks,

38. NathanRH

NathanRH

Yes you should be able to change the rendering mode at runtime.

You should set it on the UpdateStereoMaterial component itself via:

updateStereoMaterial.ForceEyeMode = StereoEye.Left;

Hope that helps,

39. NathanRH

NathanRH

Hmm good question...
    What if you set the spectator camera Target Eye property to left?

40. NathanRH

NathanRH

Glad to hear it works well :)

41. NathanRH

NathanRH

We don't have any list of supported resolutions/frame-rates etc...The market is just too fragmented with so many new devices, and often the information isn't easily available.

The 1 second blank clip is a good idea and one we have seem used before. You can have a few of these with different specs and see which one plays, and also validate that they can achieve the desired playback frame-rate. Of course it's not a perfect test because the bit-rate will be very low, and often bit-rate can be a factor in playback performance.

But yes, it's a good idea to do this as we haven't found any other reliable way to know the system limits.

Thanks,

42. NathanRH

NathanRH

I believe it should support this. The Ambisonic audio would have to be using our Facebook 360 system though as we don't support normal ambisonic videos directly without this encoding step.

You could try the free trial version to make sure it works as you intend.

Thanks,

43. NathanRH

NathanRH

We have a demo scene in the project called 06_Demo_FrameExtract which shows how to do this.

Basically though it just involves open the video as normal and extracting a frame.

Thanks,

44. NathanRH

NathanRH

Hmmm....I'm not sure why it wouldn't work. I'm actually not familiar with CloudFront. Did you ever find a solution? Is it just a normal MP4 video file, or something like HLS?

Thanks,

45. NathanRH

NathanRH

Do you mean a C# Stream class object? If so - no that is not supported. The closest we support to that is on UWP where you can pass in a IRandomAccessStream.

I believe playing a self signed certificate may be supported on some platforms. We have seen it working on all Apple platforms (macOS, iOS, tvOS) and Windows but currently not Android.

As for HTTP authentication - this is something we haven't tested. If you are using BASIC auth and just passing the user/pass via the URL, then it might work....

Sorry that's all the information I have on this right now.

Thanks,

46. ewtwer5522

ewtwer5522

Is there any way to protect video files on PC, Mac & Linux Standalone?

47. garrido86

garrido86

Is there a way on Android to check/test if a file can be played before actually playing it? Reason is that before downloading the Videos, we like to know which resolution the device supports, so that we can deliver the best resolution.

48. NathanRH

NathanRH

Hi,
    There isn't really a way to do this. You could perhaps rename the files to something like ".dat"...

49. NathanRH

NathanRH

There isn't a way to do this. You could try to maintain a list of all Android hardware limitations, but I think this is far too difficult. We generally will have some dummy black videos and just try to play them on startup to determine which resolutions are supported.

50. Tech-Labs

Tech-Labs

Hi!
    With my AVProVideo for Windows (recently bought, freshly installed. Unity at 2019.3.3 atm) I'm setting up a project with a 360 degree surround video. The application should be able to switch between using a VR HMD (HTC Vive Pro) and the monitor. Most things seemed to run fine until suddenly I cannot use my mouse to look around any more when not using the XR device. Whether I just tell Unity to disable it (XRSettings.enabled = false) or unplugging the Vive completely.
    Using one of your demo scenes (I imported the whole package into my project) does not work (anymore) either.
    Enabling the XR and looking around with the Vive works fine.

Any ideas where my mouse controle suddenly went?

Plus one question: does AVProVideo support switching the audio playback device? When I leave the Vive connected but disable XR in Unity, I still hear the audio via de Vive headset instead of speakers or other headphones.

unityunity