Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] AVPro Video - complete video playback solution

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AndrewRH, Feb 12, 2016.

1. RenderHeadsSte

RenderHeadsSte

Are you referencing video capture using AVPro Movie Capture?

2. RenderHeadsSte

RenderHeadsSte

Again, is this referencing a video recorded with AVPro Movie Capture?

3. RenderHeadsSte

RenderHeadsSte

This is usually seen when other plugins are including wither ExoPlayer, or a lib that ExoPlayer includes. Can you provide more information on what other 3rd party plugins you are using with your project?

Debashishb06 likes this.
  4. RenderHeadsSte

RenderHeadsSte

Awesome! Glad you got it sorted. Script ordering...big grumble! ;)

5. RenderHeadsSte

RenderHeadsSte

If I understand what you require correctly, you can achieve this by taking the total duration of the video (will not work with a stream as they can be open ended) using the function GetDurationMs() and take off the current time GetCurrentTimeMs()

6. RenderHeadsSte

RenderHeadsSte

+1, Thanks @mikerz1985, ever considered a job in AVPro support?! :D

7. RenderHeadsSte

RenderHeadsSte

Hi, yes...the example is the demo ;)

Have you tried replacing the 06_Demo_FrameExtract demo scene video with your video? If that does not work, do send us your video to unitysupport@renderheads.com so we can take a look and see why. If it does, then you have a basis to implement what you need in your project. Good luck!

8. RenderHeadsSte

RenderHeadsSte

Great tip, thanks!

9. RenderHeadsSte

RenderHeadsSte

Hi, I see you have opened up a github issue for this one. We will respond on the issue there in due course.

10. RenderHeadsSte

RenderHeadsSte

Hi, I see you have opened up a github issue for this one. We will respond on the issue there in due course.

11. RenderHeadsSte

RenderHeadsSte

Can you provide and more information about the video you are playing back?

12. RenderHeadsSte

RenderHeadsSte

Glad you found a solution. As information, we always favour ffmpeg for our video encoding.

13. RenderHeadsSte

RenderHeadsSte

Could you provide some more information on how you have encoded your video?

14. RenderHeadsSte

RenderHeadsSte

Can you provide more information please? I suggest you post an issue to github (https://github.com/RenderHeads/UnityPlugin-AVProVideo/issues) as the posting template will guide you to what information we usually require.

15. RenderHeadsSte

RenderHeadsSte

Hi, our thoughts on this are that you will require a networked sync solution. It is not something we provide as a software solution within AVPro Video.

As an aside, if these two PCs are playing different parts of the same video you would want to gen-lock them such that the displays themselves sync matched.

16. RenderHeadsSte

RenderHeadsSte

Do you know what Android OS versions are running on the two devices? I believe accurate seeking was not introduced until API version 26 - Oreo 8.0 (https://developer.android.com/reference/android/media/MediaPlayer#SEEK_CLOSEST). Note this applies to the MediaPlayer API path, but I would be pretty confident that it also applies to the ExoPlayer API also.

17. RenderHeadsSte

RenderHeadsSte

18. RenderHeadsSte

RenderHeadsSte

Have you reported this to Unity directly? If you have not changed AVPro version between 2019.2 and 2019.3 then the fault is either with them, or they have changed something and we need to make some changes :( Be great to get some more info on this if anyone else is experiencing it?

19. RenderHeadsSte

RenderHeadsSte

If possible, please post this issue and a sample project to unitysupport@renderheads.com. Our iOS developer will pick this up and be able to help you from there.

20. RenderHeadsSte

RenderHeadsSte

I believe this is what you are looking for...? (hi-lighted in red)

upload_2019-12-3_18-43-17.png

21. Debashishb06

Debashishb06

thank you i am solved by removing oculus exoplayer

RenderHeadsSte likes this.
  22. simonkendrew

simonkendrew

Hello. I'm not using AVPro to play videos, I'm using the Video Player component in Unity.

23. seanbiganski

seanbiganski

Hi!

Problem description:

Hi, I just purchased and am trying to render video the skybox.

It does play but I think it's playing inside out. How can I reverse it?

It DOES play as expected when using a sphere.

Thanks!

Device (which devices are you having the issue with - model, OS version number):

windows

Media (tell us about your videos - number of videos, resolution, codec, frame-rate, example URLs):

streaming m3u8

System Information:

AVPro Video: plugin v1.10.1 scripts v1.10.1
    Target Platform: Standalone
    Unity: v2019.2.4f1 WindowsEditor
    OS: Desktop - To Be Filled By O.E.M. (To Be Filled By O.E.M.) - Windows 10 (10.0.0) 64bit - English
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz - 6 threads - 16271KB
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 - NVIDIA - Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1] - 8079KB - 16384

24. seanbiganski

seanbiganski

Correction, it is upside down. Not inside out.

25. sasa42

sasa42

Hello RenderHeads,
    we preparing the switch to HDRP (DX11) and HDRP + DXR(DX12).
    Do you have an ETA for AVPro DX12?

I did an fast test in Unity 2019.3.0f1 with our HDRP 7.1.6 DXR scenario and there is no video output possible.
    Documenation shows only DX11 under Platform Notes ... graphics APIs are supported....

We also hope there will be an solution for the 360 and 360VR shaders for HDRP + VR(DX11) soon.
    Do you plan an HDRP compatibility switch for the AVPRO package import?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
  26. bhermer

bhermer

Hi,

We are using the plugin in our custom VR player solution, using Pico G2s (Android based)

What is the correct way to set up the player to be able to play multiple formats, such as 3603D 1803D 180 360 and the TopBottom/SideBySide equivalents?

I have tried switching the options at runtime, and I have tried having multiple different media players which I enable/disable as well as spawning preconfigured prefab media players at runtime and destroying the last, then calling UnloadResources

The issue I am getting:

Single player - switch seems to be inconsistent, sometimes it takes, sometimes it doesnt, eventually runs out of Ram
    Multiple players - After a couple of plays, depending on the video size, the app can no longer allocate the RAM it needs and fails to load, almost always after playing 4096x4096 360-3D @30fps-30mbs
    Spawning: It doesn't seem to release the ExoPlayer it spawns, and again runs out of RAM

Thanks

27. gvaxtv

gvaxtv

Hello,

I'm a happy user of the plugin for Android and IOS. the only thing I'm missing would be to be able to integrate chromecast in the player. I know that Google has no official Unity chromecast plugin, so I was wondering if:
    • It would be a good idea to have that feature implement in the avpro plugin -> if so, Renderheads team, would you consider deleloping this additional feature
    • if not included in the avpro plugin, I'm looking for a developer that could create an up-to-date chromecast Unity plugin (I've searched and find nothing) -> in that case please contact me as this would certainly be a plugin that many other users would like to buy.
    Many thanks for your help or suggestions as how to implement chromecast for avpro for Android, Android TV, IOS a aTV

Best wishes

28. Lordmin

Lordmin

Yes!

What causes video shot with 'AV Pro movie capture' to get intermittently faster?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  29. Lordmin

Lordmin

Yes! How can I set the max bit rate?

30. Armillary

Armillary

To maybe provide a bit of help here, we're doing something similar for our project and address the material directly to change modes. In order to do this, there is a script that enables the keywords for various shader variants representing the different render modes. I've included a snippet below showing this. It wouldn't fix the memory issue but it may be a bit more efficient since it wouldn't require loading and unloading the prefab entirely. The material being used for the target geometry is AVProVideo/VR/InsideSphere Unlit (stereo+fog).

Code (CSharp):
    1. private void Awake()
    2.     {
    3.         sphereRenderer.material.EnableKeyword("MONOSCOPIC");
    4.         sphereRenderer.material.EnableKeyword("STEREO_TOP_BOTTOM");
    5.         sphereRenderer.material.EnableKeyword("STEREO_LEFT_RIGHT");
    6.     }
    8. //Somewhere else in the script, when switching media
    9. //In the provided AVPro material  Stereo 0 is mono, 1 is Top/Bottom, 2 is Left/Right, 3 is custom UV
    10. sphereRenderer.material.SetFloat("Stereo", 0);

31. RenderHeadsSte

RenderHeadsSte

Can you not just adjust the texture matrix accordingly? If you are using something like the AVPro 'Apply to Material' you could set the Y scale value to -1 for example.

32. RenderHeadsSte

RenderHeadsSte

33. RenderHeadsSte

RenderHeadsSte

Interesting use case. Not sure the method Armillary proposes would work as desired to be honest...but if it is working for him.her...!

I think the thing to try is have a number of materials, all set-up for the different stereo packing variants. Then swap those accordingly.

34. elmoya

elmoya

Hi Renderheads Team!

can this plugin read RTSP or RTMP streams?
    I need to play in Unity a live IP video camera streaming in a windows local network vía RTSP.

Thanks in advance!!

35. Piranha771

Piranha771

Is there an event when "looped" video starts over again?
    Like for every play through one event is fired?

I want to count the number of repeats.

Can't find it in MediaPlayerEvent.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  36. LostPanda

LostPanda

Hello,want to know avpro support 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound.@RenderHeadsSte thanks very much

37. bhgadu

bhgadu

Is it possible to record multiple cameras simultaneously using this tool? Didn't seem to be able to when testing out the trial but just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something

38. adriansotov

adriansotov

Problem description:

Hi, We've havent been able to do a simple building for the Oculus Go using AvPro video.
    We get multiple errors un what seems to be duplicated libraries and deprecated gradle features.

This is just one example of the errors: Duplicate class com.twobigears.audio360.ThreadSettings found in modules audio360.jar (audio360.jar) and classes.jar :)audio360:)

Device (which devices are you having the issue with - model, OS version number):

Oculus Go, latest version. Can't generate APK

Media (tell us about your videos - number of videos, resolution, codec, frame-rate, example URLs):

Using AVpro Sample videos

System Information:

Target Platform: Android
    Unity: v2019.2.15f1 WindowsEditor
    OS: Desktop - To Be Filled By O.E.M. (To Be Filled By O.E.M.) - Windows 10 (10.0.0) 64bit - English
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-7900X CPU @ 3.30GHz - 20 threads - 65237KB
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti - NVIDIA - Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1] - 11127KB - 16384

39. RenderHeadsSte

RenderHeadsSte

We don't directly support RTSP.

Is this for windows? I believe there is some guidance in the documentation for how it can be achieved (using direct show and installing the appropriate filters).

40. RenderHeadsSte

RenderHeadsSte

I am afraid not. Nice idea though...I am sure we will include it in the future.

41. RenderHeadsSte

RenderHeadsSte

Are you talking about with the AVPRo Movie Capture plugin? This forum is for AVPro Video.

With the former plugin, I believe it's possible to have multiple capture objects and record to multiple output videos.

42. RenderHeadsSte

RenderHeadsSte

This has been answered multiple times. It is because Oculus and AVPro are both including libOpus. There are solutions within the forum, and also on the github issues page.

43. puhanda

puhanda

44. RayKiteFrankWang

RayKiteFrankWang

When using the AVPro Video plugin play video on the iPad,The video will change color.This issue is not present in the unity editor,Is that because of the platform or the API?MediaPlayer and DisplayerUGUI are added dynamically using code.

Attached Files:

45. garric

garric

Hi Renderheads Team!

Problem description:
    The MediaPlayer component produces a texture with alpha 0(black) in our project.
    upload_2020-1-3_16-53-29.png
    But with the same video file, When I tested it in a demo project, the texture is outputed with alpha 1(white)。
    upload_2020-1-3_16-53-16.png
    So, is there any parameter or setting that determines the alpha value of texture produecd by MediaPlayer component? What we need to do to get the alpha 1?

System Information:

Target Platform: Standalone
    Unity: v2018.4.0f1 WindowsEditor
    OS: Desktop - Precision Tower 3620 (Dell Inc.) - Windows 7 (6.1.0) 64bit - Chinese
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz - 8 threads - 16275KB
    GPU: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti/PCIe/SSE2 - NVIDIA Corporation - OpenGL 4.5.0 NVIDIA 440.97 - 3998KB - 32768

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  46. TopPlay

TopPlay

1、some media file can not recive firstframeready event;
    I've submitted this question to git.
    2、I want play one media file on Multiple devie with same frame one time,so can Exposed some method to do this?
    Now I'm going to do this by controlling the playback speed. uses _MediaPlayer.Control.SetPlaybackRate(value);

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  47. TopPlay

TopPlay

In addition, the event process does not have a one-to-one correspondence;
    For example: load event and closing event, if the media file does not exist, then the player does not send the closing event, resulting in inconsistent processing process, slightly troublesome;

48. LostPanda

LostPanda

@RenderHeadsSte Hello,want to know avpro support 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound? thanks

49. TopPlay

TopPlay

1,在Windows平台或准则和Riod平台有时候会收不到FirstFrameReady事件,所以我无法使用这个事件触发无缝播放;

2,由于我播放的媒体文件的分辨率比较大:7680 * 1080,H265编码,有一个播放器已经在播放,快要结束时,预加载另一个一个媒体,通过FirstFrameReady触发,但是在加载第二个播放器并初始化的时候发生错误,提示如下:

AndroidPlayer(Droidlogic_X96Air_P2@192.168.15.52)[AVProVideo]错误:加载失败。找不到文件,不支持编解码器,视频分辨率太高或系统资源不足。

3,另外,播放器通过函数:OpenVideoFromFile()打开不存在的文件,函数返回仍然为:True,也不会触发:MediaPlayerEvent.EventType.ErrorEvent;

4, _MediaPlayer.CloseVideo()函数,如果媒体没有加载成功,并不会触发:MediaPlayerEvent.EventType.Closing事件,导致在处理列表播放时有一些麻烦;

1,在Windows平台或andriod平台上有时不会收到FirstFrameReady事件,因此我无法使用此事件来触发无缝播放;

2,因为我播放的媒体文件分辨率比较大:7680 x 1080,H265编码,已经有一个播放器在播放,临近尾声,预加载了另一张媒体,由FirstFrameReady触发,但是在加载第二个播放器并初始化时出现错误,提示如下:

Android Player(Droidlogic_X96Air_P2@192.168.15.52)(AVProVideo)错误:加载失败。找不到文件,不支持编解码器,视频分辨率太高或非系统资源。

3,另外,播放器通过函数:OpenVideoFromFile()打开不存在的文件,该函数返回仍为true,不会触发:MediaPlayer Event.EventType.Error事件;

4,_MediaPlayer.CloseVideo()函数,如果媒体加载失败,将不会触发:MediaPlayer Event.EventType.Closing事件,导致处理列表播放时遇到麻烦;

50. leesolarflare

leesolarflare

Just tried to import the package into 2019.2.6f1 and get the following error.

error CS0619: 'VRDevice' is obsolete: 'VRDevice has been moved and renamed. Use UnityEngine.XR.XRDevice instead (UnityUpgradable) -> UnityEngine.XR.XRDevice'

Are you able to update so that we can use this wonderful asset?

Attached Files:

unityunity