Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] AVPro Video - complete video playback solution

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AndrewRH, Feb 12, 2016.

1. hangar

hangar

Are you planning to support GrabAudio on OSX? It appears to silently fail, and I see a prior post in the thread that supporting GrabAudio would be difficult in iOS, which I assume is using the same base libraries. What would it take to add this support?

2. Elliott-Mitchell

Elliott-Mitchell

Now that Unity 2019.3.0b6 is available with HDRP 7.1.2 - Is there any progress on converting AVPro VIdeo shaders to work with HDRP?

3. The_Arrival

The_Arrival

Hello RenderHeads support,

Unity 2019.2.8f1
    AVPro 1.10.1

when building for Android i get a lot of Shadercompile Errors from AVPro-Shaders

upload_2019-10-11_18-47-7.png

I Remember switching Autographics API off and on again to test something and since around that time i´m unable to build. I´m not sure if this could be the reason though
    i also deleted and re-importet the shader-folder from AVPro

This is a major issue since we have to deploy an update for a production-app asap

Any ideas?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  4. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Never seen that before...could just be a Unity issue/bug.

Try reimporting the shaders again, then try deleting the Library folder in your project to let it completely reimport everything.

Does that help?

5. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Which shaders are you having trouble with? Most AVPro Video shaders are unlit, so they shouldn't have any problem with HDRP AFAIK..?

6. The_Arrival

The_Arrival

I tried it, multiple times including clearing the AssetCache and the GI Cache. I´m also rerolling to the last working unity version which seemed to have fixed the issue (but came with loads of new problems, so no solution here).

I also tried removing the AVProShaders and build the project... now it hangs on this one:
    upload_2019-10-15_12-38-48.png

7. The_Arrival

The_Arrival

It may be a unity bug, but when i select one of your shaders and click "compile and show code" set to target platform android, i get this:

upload_2019-10-15_12-44-41.png

8. remy_rm

remy_rm

Glad to see that you guys have implemented support for adaptive streaming when using the ExoPlayer API in the latest verison.

Amazing work guys, thank you!

Ste-RH likes this.
  9. ArcSoul

ArcSoul

Hello,
    I want to know AVPro will support decrypt HLS(AES-128) on the PC platforms in the future?
    If not recently, but I can encrypt video by myself, how could I decrypt the video in Unity through AVPro?
    Thank you for your reading~

10. CristinaRomero

CristinaRomero

Hello,

We have two devices with the same set up to display a video using the DisplayUGUI component that you provide us.
    The first device iPad 2, supports Metal and works perfectly.
    The second one iPad 4th generation doesn't support Metal which means it is running with OpenGLES2, this one is not rendering the video however I can still hearing it.
    When I debug in Xcode I can see this error:

Failed to create texture cache, error -6661

Could you please help me out with this?

Thanks.

11. andread_ar

andread_ar

Hi, i have a problem, i need to play a video while it is downloaded (so an incomplete video) localy on my server, AVPRO can play it, but after few seconds the video stop playing.
    I need something that must look live a live stream.

I think the problem is the fact that the video is loaded only when i start the scene, is there some method to load the video so AVPRO can keep playing it and not stopping

12. Jeison55

Jeison55

Hello, I have a big problem with the plugin in Android, the videos are see very lag, frame by frame, any solution? this only over android, in IOS and Unity is fine.
    thi is in all android versions, in multiple phones (p20, p20lite, p5, lenovo phab 2 pro, lg spirit, neffos c9 .. etc)

13. Nicolas_Begin

Nicolas_Begin

Hi Andrew,

We tried to change android player from mediaPlayer to exoPlayer to have a better seek but when we try to play a video with we always got the error :
    "Loading failed. File not found, codec not supported, video resolution too high or insufficient system resources."
    There is no problem with mediaPlayer so path or memory is ok. We can't guess what's wrong.

Can you help us ?

Thank you :)

Here is our current dev setup :
    - Unity version: 2018.4.11
    - AVPro Video version: 1.10.1
    - Operating system version: Android
    - Device model: Oculus Quest
    - Video specs (resolution, frame-rate, codec, file size): 852*480 / 30 / AVC - AAC / 6.5M

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  14. The_Arrival

The_Arrival

We had issues with this awfully generic error message to :) Is it possible to be more specific with that kind of errors?

15. Jeison55

Jeison55

the solution was check (MultitrheadRendering In PlayerSettings -> Other Settings) Thanks

Ste-RH likes this.
  16. imagetools

imagetools

Hi there! Trying to set up a pop up video effect, scaling the mesh on which the video is applied in an animation made in unity. Would love to add a fading volume effect to it, but media player doesn't seem to respond to my animation.
    To make it simple, MediaPlayer.Volume is not getting affected by animation. Is this intended behaviour?
    Thanks

17. Lordmin

Lordmin

I want to reduce the recorded video capacity.
    Is there a way to adjust the 'bitrate'?

18. Lordmin

Lordmin

I have one more question.

When playing back recorded video
    The speed changes slightly during playback.
    It usually plays well, but there are intermittently faster or slower issues.

(Assuming normal speed is 1 during playback)
    Normally, Play well at normal speed,
    Sometimes playback slows to 0.9.
    Also, sometimes the playback speed is faster with 1.1.

Most are normal speed, but this issue has occurred multiple times during playback.

I want to know what is the cause.

19. Debashishb06

Debashishb06

Hi, i am trying to build this package with oculus go it get the error i am using Unity 2018.4.11f1 Lts

CommandInvokationFailure: Gradle build failed.
    C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2018.4.11f1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer/Tools\OpenJDK\Windows\bin\java.exe -classpath "C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2018.4.11f1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\Tools\gradle\lib\gradle-launcher-5.1.1.jar" org.gradle.launcher.GradleMain "-Dorg.gradle.jvmargs=-Xmx98304m" "assembleRelease"
    stderr[
    FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.
    * What went wrong:
    Execution failed for task ':checkReleaseDuplicateClasses'.
    > 1 exception was raised by workers:
    java.lang.RuntimeException: Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.BaseRenderer found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.C found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.C$AudioContentType found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.C$AudioFlags found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.C$AudioUsage found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.C$BufferFlags found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.C$ColorRange found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.C$ColorSpace found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.C$ColorTransfer found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.C$ContentType found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.C$CryptoMode found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.C$Encoding found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.C$PcmEncoding found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.C$SelectionFlags found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.C$StereoMode found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.C$StreamType found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.C$VideoScalingMode found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.ControlDispatcher found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.DefaultControlDispatcher found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.DefaultLoadControl found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.DefaultLoadControl$Builder found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.DefaultMediaClock found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.DefaultMediaClock$PlaybackParameterListener found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.DefaultRenderersFactory found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.DefaultRenderersFactory$ExtensionRendererMode found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.ExoPlaybackException found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.ExoPlaybackException$Type found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.ExoPlayer found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.ExoPlayer$EventListener found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.ExoPlayer$ExoPlayerComponent found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.ExoPlayer$ExoPlayerMessage found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.ExoPlayerFactory found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.ExoPlayerImpl found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.ExoPlayerImpl$1 found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.ExoPlayerImpl$PlaybackInfoUpdate found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.ExoPlayerImplInternal found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.ExoPlayerImplInternal$1 found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.ExoPlayerImplInternal$MediaSourceRefreshInfo found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.ExoPlayerImplInternal$PendingMessageInfo found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.ExoPlayerImplInternal$PlaybackInfoUpdate found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.ExoPlayerImplInternal$SeekPosition found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.ExoPlayerLibraryInfo found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.Format found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.Format$1 found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.FormatHolder found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.IllegalSeekPositionException found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.LoadControl found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.MediaPeriodHolder found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.MediaPeriodInfo found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.MediaPeriodQueue found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.NoSampleRenderer found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.ParserException found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.PlaybackInfo found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.PlaybackParameters found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.PlaybackPreparer found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.Player found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.Player$DefaultEventListener found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.Player$DiscontinuityReason found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.Player$EventListener found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.Player$RepeatMode found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.Player$TextComponent found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.Player$TimelineChangeReason found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.Player$VideoComponent found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.PlayerMessage found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.PlayerMessage$Sender found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.PlayerMessage$Target found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.Renderer found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.Renderer$State found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.RendererCapabilities found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.RendererConfiguration found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.RenderersFactory found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.SeekParameters found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.SimpleExoPlayer found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.SimpleExoPlayer$1 found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.SimpleExoPlayer$ComponentListener found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.SimpleExoPlayer$VideoListener found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.Timeline found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.Timeline$1 found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.Timeline$Period found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.Timeline$Window found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.analytics.AnalyticsCollector found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.analytics.AnalyticsCollector$Factory found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.analytics.AnalyticsCollector$MediaPeriodQueueTracker found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.analytics.AnalyticsCollector$WindowAndMediaPeriodId found in modules classes.jar (com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.8.4) and exoplayer2.jar (exoplayer2.jar)
    Duplicate class com.google.android.exoplayer2.analytics.AnalyticsListener found in modules classe<message truncated>

Attached Files:

20. ASerpent

ASerpent

EDIT: Solved! This had to do with the order of script compilation! I had to gather all the AVPro scripts into a single folder, then I made an assembly definition so the scripts would be compiled at the same time as the Vuforia Scripts, since they were compiling before anything else. To make an assembly reference, right click on the folder of the scripts you want it to reference, and create > Assembly Definition. Make sure Auto-Referenced and Use GUIDs is checked. The assembly definition will automatically reference all the scripts in the same folder that it is in. Next, to be able to reference it from within the Vuforia scripts, I found the VuforiaScripts.asmdef file (the VuforiaScripts assembly definition) and in the inspector under "Assembly Definition References" I added the one I just made. I hope that helps!

Original Question:
    Hey! I'm building an AR project in Unity with Vuforia and using a demo version of AVPro Video to stream via HLS. All I want to do is call the Pause() method from a script in the AVPro namespace (using RenderHeads.Media.AVProVideo) from within a Vuforia script when tracking is lost, and Play() when tracking is found again. However, I can't get my editor to recognize the other class within the RenderHeads.Media.AVProVideo namespace or even the namespace itself. I think it has to do with assembly references or folder levels (via https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/ScriptCompileOrderFolders.html ) but I can't seem to wrap my head around how to solve it properly? When I look at my assembly references it looks like this:
    Assembly-CSharp
    Assembly-CSharp-Editor
    VuforiaEditorScripts
    VuforiaScripts​
    So i'm wondering if this shows that VuforiaScripts and VuforiaEditorScripts exist outside the level of scripts contained in the editor assembly? ...if that's a thing?

The error I get is:

Assets/Vuforia/Scripts/DefaultTrackableEventHandler.cs(14,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'RenderHeads' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

I have tried deleting and reimporting the AVPro Video demo, updating Visual Studio, starting completely over and rebuilding my project, and nothing. I *am* able to reference the RenderHeads namespace in any other script outside of the ones in the Vuforia package.

Here's the code for the vuforia script I modified (irrelevant parts not posted, just my additions):

using UnityEngine;
    using Vuforia;
    using RenderHeads.Media.AVProVideo;

public class DefaultTrackableEventHandler : MonoBehaviour, ITrackableEventHandler
    { protected MediaPlayer mediaPlayer;
    public GameObject ResponsiveMediaPlayer;

public virtual void Start()
    { mediaPlayer = ResponsiveMediaPlayer.GetComponent<MediaPlayer>(); }

public virtual void OnTrackingFound()
    { mediaPlayer.Play(); }

public virtual void OnTrackingLost()
    { mediaPlayer.Pause(); } }

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    Ste-RH likes this.
  21. freedom667

freedom667

Hi there. I just wondered. Is there a video player time as countdown? when I open the video, the timer text will be total time and if I play it, it will count down. your asset has this feature or not?

22. mikerz1985

mikerz1985

You have multiple versions of exoplayer. It's possible another plugin you're using also has exoplayer, or you didn't delete an old installation of AVPro before installing a new one and there are now two versions.

Delete any old versions, and change the import settings on any duplicates so that they are not included.

Ste-RH likes this.
  23. pankti12

pankti12

I set the source path to Absolute Path or URL, then tried to change the URL via script. It works fine for the first time, but for the second time it shows last URL. It is not changing. ` AVPro_Video_Media_Player.GetComponent<MediaPlayer>().m_VideoPath = path;`

24. mikerz1985

mikerz1985

You should update with OpenVideoFromFile(FileLocation location, string path, bool autoPlay = true)

Ste-RH likes this.
  25. freedom667

freedom667

I asked a question. Would you answer it please? The asset have countdown of video timer? When I start the video, timer will count down from total time. If it is possible, then I will buy

26. mikerz1985

mikerz1985

I'm not associated with the asset creator, I'm just a long time user helping out. The feature you're asking for would be very easy to implement but is not part of the plugin examples/demos.

Ste-RH and AndrewRH like this.
  27. pankti12

pankti12

Ste-RH likes this.
  28. UlyanovItTest

UlyanovItTest

Hi, everybody. I have a task with extracting frames from a video. I mean, I need to get every frame from the video. I tried to remake the demo scene with frame extraction for my task, but unfortunately I get the same frames.Tell me, can I use your plugin to extract every frame from a video? If possible, give a small example. Thanks in advance for the answer ^^

29. Elliott-Mitchell

Elliott-Mitchell

Oh Sorry! When Unity converted the project materials, it broke AVPro - looks like it is working in HDRP as long as you don't update the materials to HDRP!! Thanks!

Ste-RH likes this.
  30. Xavier78

Xavier78

Hey just in case anyone runs into this. I have been using "absolute path or url" as I was putting the files into the Movies folder on VR headset, as the 360 videos are too large for streaming assets, and would call them with "file:///storage/self/primary/Movies/" but with the Oculus Quest this isn't working. the fix for me was to use "/storage/emulated/0/Movies/" also using OES Path Exo Player, and set Write Permission to External (SDCard).

Ste-RH likes this.
  31. SystemDevel

SystemDevel

Hi everyone!

I need help with an issue with my unity project.

I have a unity windows standalone project that uses avpro to play a h.265 HEVC video with a resolution of 6500x1080 pixels.
    I use uGUI and the video is loop=true.
    I use windows 10 for run the app.
    The application start using 700mb of memory.

The problem is that when i run the aplication on some computers there is a memory Leak that every 10-15 seconds makes increase the application memory and the application memory grow to reach the limit of windows memory and finish to crash Windows in 1-2 hours.
    But on other computers this do not happend and the app can run "for eternity" :) without any problem.

I have probed with different h.265 videos with same result.
    Can anyone help with this issue? Any idea of what can i try to solve this?

Thanks you in advance!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  32. dudu_ben

dudu_ben

Problem description:

Hello,

When I Playing a streaming by URL in AVPro Video,and this video always delay when I loaded from the beginning.
    Even if I reload this video,this video is still delay.
    This video by url in web didn't delay.But by AVPro in Unity /Android/IOS platform will delay when playing.
    Is there any ways to make avpro's video sync with my online streaming?
    Keep avpro's video update without delay from the beginning.

Thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Device (which devices are you having the issue with - model, OS version number):
    Android,Unity Editor,IOS

System Information:
    AVPro Video: plugin v1.10.1 scripts v1.10.1
    Target Platform: Android
    Unity: v5.6.5p3 WindowsEditor

33. Modernllama

Modernllama

Hi,

Been using the WebGL version of the player. I've noticed some very slow loading of video on Chrome and just wondered if there were any obvious factors that could cause it? On Firefox, it works very well.

Thanks,

34. Abd92

Abd92

Problem description:
    Hi, I am using trail version to test the plugin, but when I build t
    he VR app to windows and play it with Oculus Rift, the video is not working,
    Please any suggestion, knowing that I am playing 360 video with 6K res
    Device (which devices are you having the issue with - model, OS version number):
    Windows, Oculus rift
    Media (tell us about your videos - number of videos, resolution, codec, frame-rate, example URLs):
    the video is 360 video, Mp4, 6K
    System Information:
    AVPro Video: plugin v1.10.1t scripts v1.10.1
    Target Platform: Standalone
    Unity: v2018.4.6f1 WindowsEditor
    OS: Desktop - Predator G3-571 (Acer) - Windows 10 (10.0.0) 64bit - English
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz - 8 threads - 16267KB
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - NVIDIA - Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1] - 6052KB - 16384

35. Armillary

Armillary

I've recently started working to integrate the plugin for a 360 video project after spending a while working on a few optimizations for the default Unity video player and finding it frustrating to work with. I've setup AVPro in a new project using the Android trial version and my build target is the Oculus Go. The project also has the Oculus integration loaded (to provide user interaction for gaze selection and additional performance options). I've had to disable libaudio360.so and libaudio360-JNI.so to allow the project to build with the Oculus integration loaded.

I've been able to set up an environment able to play stereoscopic video and audio appears to be output correctly. The footage being tested was encoded with XMedia Recode. Its codec is H265, unrestricted level with 15 frame spacing between I-frames and at a bitrate of ~10,000kbps and is using an mp4 container. The resolution is 4096 x 4096 and is set for over/under stereo rendering. It has no audio encoded with it. The file is being loaded from the persistent storage folder.

I've noticed while playing the media on the device that it appears to be playing a relatively low number of frames (maybe ~15 fps) and sometimes dropping a large number of frames. We're evaluating AVPro for purchase and if I can solve the lag I could certainly recommend it (the feature set is awesome and the low overhead means we could integrate some really neat interactions). I'll also amend this post if I happen to find a solution on my own but so far the documentation and searching here haven't turned up anything that's solved the issue.

I've tried switching players from Exoplayer to Media Player and the switch caused the video to stop playback entirely. Multithreaded Rendering is enabled for the build and the profiler is showing high frame rates on the device.

EDIT: So to follow up here I was able to solve the issue by changing the encoding program to Adobe Media Encoder and ticking to a bitrate maximum of ~12Mbps using variable one pass. The issue seems to be resolved.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    RobertCoomber likes this.
  36. VR_Unity_Account

VR_Unity_Account

I'm working in 2017.4.32f1 (please don't ask why, long story).
    Videos work in Editor just fine, but builds result in all videos displaying white, but sound is still present and playing. The FirstFrameReady event and Started events are firing in the Editor, but not in the build. I have tested even the demo scenes with the same result.

Please advise.

37. IsaGDC

IsaGDC

Good afternoon from Barcelona :)
    I am writing you begging for help. We are finding some problems with the Seek and SeekFast functions and synchronization between PC's.
    We have reached the synchronization, the float time transfered between computers and the objective is to have 2 8k videos synchronized. However, when we try to do this the seek function has a delay that do to lost the synchronization.
    We really need help with this issue. Hope you can help us with some other ideas or ways to do the seek function without having delay.
    Thank you in advance!

38. Modernllama

Modernllama

Hi,

I've been having some difficulty with seeking both with the exoplayer and mediaplayer API on the Oculus Go. So with the MediaPlayer I can seek but it'll only seek to particular intervals (almost like it's seeking to keyframes rather than precise timestamps) and with Exoplayer, I can seem to seek but then can't resume after I've seeked. Wondered if there's anything obvious going on?

I think the Go uses the Armv7 version of the libraries rather than the Arm64 so wondering if that may matter. I use the media player API on a phone version of the same app and it works fine but that will be using the Arm64 libraries.

Thanks,

39. Modernllama

Modernllama

Also just wanted to add, I tested this with a fresh project with just the provided sample and noticed the same

40. Mediafront

Mediafront

I have the same problem.
    Did you solve it?
    What did you do if you solved it?

41. simonkendrew

simonkendrew

I'm having an issue with a memory leak while playing a looping H.264 video on Windows 10. I'm using the Video Player component and outputting to a render texture. I've had no problems with this at all up to and including Unity 2019.2. However, as of 2019.3 beta and now the full release of 2019.3, there appears to be a memory leak. Each time the video loops around (using the loop property / .isLooping code), the app's memory usage increases by a few MB. I've made a new, simplified Unity project to test this without any other code / bloat in it, and the problem still persists. Is anyone else seeing this issue? Has any advice?

42. seunggs

seunggs

Hi,

I'm using the trial version to see if this will work well for my VR project (Oculus Quest). Just to see if it works, I tried building Demo_360SphereVideo as is, but it won't play. All I see is black when I build the scene from Unity and play it on the Quest. It seems to play fine on Play Mode inside Unity though.

There are no warnings or errors regarding this asset in the console when I build it. Here's my setup:
    • Unity Version: 2019.2.14f1
    • XR setting is enabled with Oculus added (single pass)
    • Minimum API level set at 7.1 (Android level 25)
    • Scripting backend: IL2CPP
    • API compatibility level: .NET 4.X
    • ARM64 (since Quest now requires 64 bits)
    Any suggestions as to why this might be happening? I read through the documentation, but I'm not sure if there's a required setting I'm missing perhaps?

Thanks in advance for your help!

43. matthew-sanders

matthew-sanders

Hi guys,
    I was just wondering if there was any timeline on WSA ARM64 support? Apparently HoloLens 2 is starting to ship :)

44. Lisan

Lisan

Hi!
    Trying to build trial version on iOS
    Getting the linker error:
    ld: library not found for -lAVProVideoiOS

Library is there and linked in Build Phases fro target:
    http://joxi.ru/L21YzVig6bL42X

What am i doing wrong?

45. ronshalev3d

ronshalev3d

hi
    I cannot find the switch to adjust the video capturing time scale support to catch the video frames properly.
    could i please get some help?

46. Ste-RH

Ste-RH

For anyone else looking for support with this issue, I believe this is being handled on the github issues page: https://github.com/RenderHeads/UnityPlugin-AVProVideo/issues/200

47. Ste-RH

Ste-RH

Firstly, I believe the seek times are quicker when using the MediaPlayer API path that ExoPlayer. So if it speed you require, you are better to stick with MediaPlayer.

Please do send the video you are seeing issue with to unitysupport@renderheads.com so we can take a look and see if we can reproduce the issue you are seeing.

48. Ste-RH

Ste-RH

I wish this was the case. But unfortunately we get back very little information from the lower level about why a video has failed to open/prepare/play.

49. Ste-RH

Ste-RH

What platform are you trying to achieve this on? Are you essentially saying that volume changing is not working? Have you tried running the 03_Demo_VideoControls demo scene and adjust the volume slider on the device you are seeing this issue with?

50. Ste-RH

Ste-RH

Are you referencing video capture using AVPro Movie Capture?