Search Unity

[Released] AVPro Video - complete video playback solution

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AndrewRH, Feb 12, 2016.

1. danielesuppo

danielesuppo

Hello, I'd like to be able to put a 360 video into a Canvas2D panel.
    With the standard VideoPlayer I would create a script to manage to mouse rotation, I would choose "render to texture" as output and next I would apply this texture to the Image on the 2d panel.
    How can achieve this with AvPro?

P.S. Since I'm working on WebGl, is there a better way to do this without Render Texture?

Many thanks

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  2. jason_yak

jason_yak

Hi there, any clues about what's causing the OSXMediaPlayer to crash?

3. QianXiYa

QianXiYa

Hi, I'm playing online video on the mobile end and there's a lag. I look at the change in the speed of the Internet during the loading process. It doesn't seem to be loading all the time. Which parameter sets the load cache?

4. gegagome

gegagome

Hi there

Can you stream live footage using AVPro video?

Thanks

5. mikerz1985

mikerz1985

You should write a shader to combine the textures into these areas directly on the mesh; don't do it on the CPU. You're doing something very custom, which requires extra work.

6. iw-ben

iw-ben

Hi, my team is also now seeing an issue where our HoloLens builds cannot find AVProVideo.dll after we have updated to version 1.9.12

I'm not sure if there's been any discovery on this issue outside the forum posts.

I've only tried on the Emulator so far, but I plan to try on the device and a regular UWP Desktop build later this week.
    I'll also try out using a blank Unity project when I can find time later this week to report on the findings

7. awesome_suri

awesome_suri

Hello guys!

I have a small question about loading a video through url. How do I check if the video is completely loaded, so that the video doesn't stop even if my internet connection breaks after playing the video. Is the ReadyToPlay event the right one or is this event called as soon as the video is ready to be played even if it's not completely loaded? If it's not the right one, is there a way to find out when the loading is completed?

Cheers!

8. Piranha771

Piranha771

Hello. We really like your product. But we have 4 graphic cards. Please let us select on which graphics card the decoding should be done. This is essential for our product.

9. SniperED007

SniperED007

I don't think they are supporting this product anymore.

10. markzorn

markzorn

Does this asset have support for xbox, ps4, and switch?

11. conigliocattivo

conigliocattivo

Hello,

for my VR app I want to switch video without having black frames in the middle, to do so I am saving a texture from the TextureProducer and showing it on a mesh during the time the new video is loading. It works quite well on iOS and it works on Android using Media Player but not using ExoPlayer, wiith ExoPlayer the shown texture is black.
    Is this a known issue?

This is the code I am using:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. // Get a reference to the current frame as Texture2D.
    2. Texture2D currentFrame = (Texture2D)mediaPlayer.TextureProducer.GetTexture();
    3. // Blit the pixels on texture to the RenderTexture
    4. Graphics.Blit(currentFrame, TransitionRenderTexture);
    5. // Set the Texture on the Transition Screen Mesh Renderer Material
    6. transitionScreenMeshRenderer.material.SetTexture("_MainTex", TransitionRenderTexture);
    Thanks,
    Antonio

12. netpost

netpost

Hi,

I am a big fan of Renderheads. I use the AVpro movie capture a lot and now I am ready to work with AVPro Video.

In the past, I experimented lags when exporting video directly to occulus or android. I hope using unity with your marvelous asset will help solve these issues. I have been using unity for a few months but haven't built anything yet so I am pretty new to this.

I read the whole manual, but is there any step by step tutorials to export a 360 video with ambisonic (3d sound)? I am using the demo360 sphere video and I already have the ambx sound. I can select specific platform in the component and my guess is I should I do the same in the unity build setting but I would definitely need a little help to understand how to distribute my 360 video movies for different platforms.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

13. iw-ben

iw-ben

I'm back, and I've gone through several more rounds of testing!

Stepping back, I tried a UWP HoloLens & Desktop builds with a clean AVPro test project. Everything worked fine there.
    I've tried on physical devices and in emulator for HoloLens, no change of performance whether it worked fine with the test project or crashed in our real project.

After reading back at old posts, it seems my error message is actually a bit different.
    This is my exception, and it happens at the very beginning while the application is loading all the DLLs and starting them up. Before any scenes and the Unity Engine really take effect:
    Exception thrown at 0x69BD74C0 (AVProVideo.dll) in REDACTED.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000000.

Since it seemed to be with DLLs loading and before any client code could really fire, I eventually started looking at possible collisions in DLLs.

My problem seems to be stemming from having both AVPro and Dissonance Voice Chat included into our project.
    They seem to be having some sort of native conflict when I include the UWP native DLLs for both projects.

I am replicating this by having a clean Unity 2018.1.9f2 project only containing these 2 plugins and building for UWP.

We will be contacting their development team soon as well, but I wanted to put this out there for AVPro and any other devs that might run into this crash.

14. seriousGeorge

seriousGeorge

As https://forum.unity.com/threads/rel...playback-solution.385611/page-64#post-4281433 I have the same problems.

Where and how can you add Items to the Playlist-Mediaplayer?
    I need to set that via code (but can't even figure out with gui too tough).

I can create a MediaPlaylist, I can create MediaItems and add them to the MediaPlaylist but I can't add the playlist to the PlaylistMediaPlayer anywhere because it is read-only - as is almost every property.

How are you supposed to do that?

15. synthesisvr

synthesisvr

Hi Andrew,

I'm evaluating the trial version and it works great for what I need. However, can I load a video from the assets VS always loading it from a file? Or, do you have any suggestions on how to have (at least) some basic protection on the video files?

16. intelligent2610

intelligent2610

Does AVPro(Android) support for Oculus Go and can streaming m3u8 file ??.
    I will buy AVPro(Android) Plugin if it can do two things above

17. jason_yak

jason_yak

Starting to wonder this also. I've asked questions on here, reported bugs, sent support email, haven't heard anything. We're stuck on compiling, is this product dead? are we to find alternatives??

SniperED007 likes this.
  18. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

We're here and our products aren't going anywhere :) We're currently really busy finishing a bunch of projects, but we'll soon be back to the usual frequent releases of new versions. We're doing our best to catch up with the support tickets currently.

LostPanda likes this.
  19. torotake

torotake

Is AVPro able to read ID3 tags metadata when playing HLS?

20. gino_pisello

gino_pisello

Hello!
    In the documentation is written:

19.iOS - How can I fix the error message:"MissingPushNotificationEntitlement  Your app includes an API for Apple's Push Notification service, but the aps-environment entitlement is missing from the app's signature" ? 

If you are not using Push notifications in your app, this Unity Asset does the job of fixing this error: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/59160 . Just import it, and build the xcode files again.

but the linked asset doesn't exist anymore. So how can I fix the error message "MissingPushNotificationEntitlement Your app includes an API for Apple's Push Notification service, but the aps-environment entitlement is missing from the app's signature" ?

Thank you

21. firepad9

firepad9

how about vivefocus or other android platform HMD? I tried but doesn't work well... ...

22. elhongo

elhongo

Hey,

Does anyone know if AVPro is compatible with Unity 2019.1?

I'm trying it out on a Mac and Unity Crashes running any of the Demo scenes of AVPro.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

23. andychanx007

andychanx007

Problem description:

Got following errors when try to play a rtsp demo streaming from Wowza:

Player 320: failed to load asset rtsp://wowzaec2demo.streamlock.net/vod/mp4:BigBuckBunny_115k.mov
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    RenderHeads.Media.AVProVideo_OSXMediaPlayer:DebugLogCallback(Int32, Int32, String) (at Assets/AVProVideo/Scripts/Internal/OSXMediaPlayer.cs:307)

[AVProVideo] Error: Loading failed. File not found, codec not supported, video resolution too high or insufficient system resources.
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    RenderHeads.Media.AVProVideo.MediaPlayer:UpdateErrors() (at Assets/AVProVideo/Scripts/Components/MediaPlayer.cs:1740)
    RenderHeads.Media.AVProVideo.MediaPlayer:Update() (at Assets/AVProVideo/Scripts/Components/MediaPlayer.cs:1105)

Thanks
    Andy

andychanx007@gmail.com

Device (which devices are you having the issue with - model, OS version number):

Mac

Media (tell us about your videos - number of videos, resolution, codec, frame-rate, example URLs):

The testing rtsp video is:

rtsp://wowzaec2demo.streamlock.net/vod/mp4:BigBuckBunny_115k.mov

System Information:

AVPro Video: plugin v1.9.6t scripts v1.9.12
    Target Platform: Standalone
    Unity: v2018.3.12f1 OSXEditor
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz - 8 threads - 40960KB
    GPU: AMD Radeon Pro 580 - Apple - Metal - 8192KB - 16384

24. matt_unity565

matt_unity565

I'm looking to have audio play whilst seeking video on iOS. Similar to how Adobe Premiere works, I believe it's called scrubbing when referring to audio. Is there a way to access the audio directly on iOS? GrabAudio doesn't seem to be implemented and audio can't be sent to Unity on iOS?

25. huxley

huxley

We are using AV Pro to stream videos from an AWS S3 bucket which works fine when the files are listed as public. The client on this project has created a private video server. Is there a way to specify a specific URL endpoint (possibly non-S3)?

26. SniperED007

SniperED007

On Android... throws the following error when running on ARM64 with IL2CPP which is a requirement from Google Play store starting from 1 August 2019 all releases must be compliant with the Play 64-bit requirement.

05-01 11:33:12.901 14728 14801 E Unity : AndroidJavaException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.RenderHeads.AVProVideo.AVProMobileVideo
    05-01 11:33:12.901 14728 14801 E Unity : java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.RenderHeads.AVProVideo.AVProMobileVideo
    05-01 11:33:12.901 14728 14801 E Unity : at java.lang.Class.classForName(Native Method)
    05-01 11:33:12.901 14728 14801 E Unity : at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:453)
    05-01 11:33:12.901 14728 14801 E Unity : at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:378)
    05-01 11:33:12.901 14728 14801 E Unity : at com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer.nativeRender(Native Method)
    05-01 11:33:12.901 14728 14801 E Unity : at com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer.c(Unknown Source:0)
    05-01 11:33:12.901 14728 14801 E Unity : at com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer$e$2.queueIdle(Unknown Source:72)
    05-01 11:33:12.901 14728 14801 E Unity : at android.os.MessageQueue.next(MessageQueue.java:395)
    05-01 11:33:12.901 14728 14801 E Unity : at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:181)
    05-01 11:33:12.901 14728 14801 E Unity : at com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer$e.run(Unknown Source:32)
    05-01 11:33:12.901 14728 14801 E Unity : Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: dalvik.system.PathClassLoader[DexPathList[[zip file "/system/framework/org.apache.http.legacy.boot.jar", zip file "/data/app/com.LighthouseGamesStudio.ChallengeStars-m8qVikusn872Di8r-NwmyA==/base.apk"],nativeLibraryDirectories=[/data/app/com.LighthouseGamesStudio.ChallengeStars-m8qVikusn872Di8r-NwmyA==/lib/arm64, /data/app

27. mikerz1985

mikerz1985

I have the same problem. I don't think 2019.1 supports Mac at the moment.

28. zrabbott

zrabbott

Hi there. I've been using AVpro for a hot second, and have just recently run into an issue. My app is for both android and iOS and I can't seem to get audio from videos to play on any of my iOS devices? Even the stock demo scene labeled 04_Demo_uGi (the one with the bunny haha) doesn't play any audio. Any ideas? Also I'm working in Unity 2018.3.7f1

29. ccklokwerks

ccklokwerks

I tried to update to 2019.1 (am on OSX) and found that even examining a game object with the MediaPlayer script on it would make the editor crash. Has anyone else run into this problem?

30. mikkotikkanen

mikkotikkanen

I'm trying to stream progressive on-demand 360 video, either with HLS or MPEG-DASH. The streamswitching works correctly on PC, where the video starts from crappy video and moves to better quality bit later but doesn't seem to work on Android - Even when I scale the crappiest version down to just moving blobs (80kbit/sec) and the phone is on wifi, it just never moves up to the better quality, not even to just moderately better (1000kbit/sec).

Should Android version be capable of doing the streamswitch much like PC can?

31. EarMaster

EarMaster

I have the same problem. When I add a new MediaPlayer or inspect a GameObject the Editor crashes immediatly.

32. dersh

dersh

Hey guys.

We're trying to get the android plugin files in our project to remove the renderheads watermark. I've followed the instructions on the documentation a few times over with no success. First closing unity, removing the specific android native plugin files, reopening unity and importing the new android package's plugin files and the videos fail to play on the device.

I then tried closing and reopening unity and overwriting the entire plugin/android portion with the plugin/android section from the android package and the videos fail to play on the device.

In all cases I've tried the videos just no longer play at all. Has anybody had experience adding additional platforms after the fact? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

33. amerkel

amerkel

We are attempting to view an rtsp stream on a windows machine. The stream is provided localhost through VLC. We can view it successfully outside of using AV Pro, but when using AV Pro, we just get a white texture. It says it's successfully connected and started, but it always remains a white texture.

Our stream is using H264 at 800x450 30fps. The video content is a webcam being sent through VLC to an RTSP stream. We can see the feed through VLC and through Unreals Streaming Media Player, but not through AV Pro.

The rtsp://wowzaec2demo.streamlock.net/vod/mp4:BigBuckBunny_115k.mov link works properly in AV Pro, which makes this a little more confusing. Is there somewhere we can look for additional debugging information, or does anyone have any ideas what might be going wrong? We've updated Windows, made sure it's set for Direct Show, reduced resolution (basically in response to all error messages we received up until this point), but without any new messages, we're at a loss as to how to continue.

Thanks!
    @AndrewRH

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  34. shoo

shoo

File Offset option for ExoPlayer API doesn't work for some reasone. I use same file and same offset, when I choose MediaPlayer API it works, but when I change API to EXO, it just start playback from dummy file(tho in log it says "offset XXXXX") with no error at all. Can I fix it somehow?

Playing files from external storage, AVPro v 1.9.12

35. andychanx007

andychanx007

Hi AmerKel,

This is Andy. I tested the rtsp using the trial version (I also used the same wowza demo rtsp) but failed (I used the 04_Demo_uGui by changing the source path to "Absolute Path or URL"). May I know how you get it work?

Many Thanks

36. Rutty03153

Rutty03153

Same problem here, latest Unity & AVPro versions, OSX editor crashes the moment I try to inspect an object in the editor that has a MediaPlayer on it, also crashes if you try running the scene the moment it tries to play a video.

37. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Yes, the API isn't very clear. You could do something like this:

Code (CSharp):
    1.             player.Playlist.Items.Clear();
    2.             MediaPlaylist.MediaItem mi = new MediaPlaylist.MediaItem();
    3.             mi.filePath = "AVProVideoSamples/AlphaTopBottom.mp4";
    4.             mi.loop = true;
    5.             mi.autoPlay = true;
    6.             player.Playlist.Items.Add(mi);
    7.             player.JumpToItem(0);

38. BakuDigital

BakuDigital

Same hard crash with the OSX Editor! @AndrewRH are you aware of this bug? Can we expect a fix soon? Thank you.
    In the meantime, has anyone found a workaround or the only solution is to use a previous version of Unity?

39. SystemDevel

SystemDevel

Hi, @AndrewRH

I need to do an app on iOS using videos with transparency and alpha channel.

I use avpro for windows for many years and use Hap Alpha without any problem. But i saw at documentation that iOS it's not compatible with Hap Alpha.
    is there any way to use videos with transparency on iOS.

Thanks you

40. amerkel

amerkel

• Updated Windows 10 to Version 1809 (needs to be at least 1803)
    • Installed the LAV Filters that their documentation mentioned
    • Set the windows player from WMF to DirectShow on the AVPro Media Player
    • Reduced resolution to 800x450

AndrewRH likes this.
  41. JPLee

JPLee

We can't get 4 channels of audio through our video storage provider. They always reconvert to stereo.
    Any chance of adding support for Ambisonic UHJ format so that we can use a standard 2 channel stereo streaming service and still get spatial audio out of it?

42. adrianstaude

adrianstaude

I am working with AVPro Android on Oculus Go, recently my App crashes randomly and spits out some error about exoplayer. Do you know what could cause this?

Unity Version: 2017.4.24
    AVPro Version: 1.9.12

If you need more specific info, I'll gladly provide it.

EDIT: When I use the software decoder for Audio it works, but the framerate is sh*t.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  43. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

If you already have items in the playlist, then you can click on one of them and click "Insert" to add a new item. Currently there is no way to add an item if the list is empty, but we will add this in the upcoming 1.9.14 version. Until then you can add this line to PlaylistMediaPlayerEditor.cs line 26:

Code (CSharp):
    1.             if (propItems.arraySize == 0)
    2.             {
    3.                 if (GUILayout.Button("Insert Item"))
    4.                 {
    5.                     propItems.InsertArrayElementAtIndex(0);
    6.                 }
    7.             }
    Yes, we have a script called VideoTrigger.cs that:
    "Causes a video to play when the trigger collider is entered and rewind+pause when it is exited. Audio is faded up and down too"

That should give you a good starting point.

Thanks,

44. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Unfortunately currently this isn't possible.

45. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Afraid not...

46. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi Peter,

I believe this is a known issue. It only affects the trial version, on a specific hardware combination, and only when using Metal graphics API. If you switch the graphics API (in Player Settings to OpenGL Core) then it should work correctly.

Thanks,

47. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

That's pretty strange..
    Is it both ExoPlayer and MediaPlayer that only show the first 4 audio tracks?
    Perhaps you could send us over the video file?

Thanks,

48. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi YongsooKim,

I think this is related to the new ARM64 build support in Unity. You could try disabling the ARM64 build option, and/or go into the /Plugins/Android/Libs/Arm64 folder and click on each file in there and make sure it is assigned to the Android Arm64 profile. That should help. If it's still not working you could try deleting that folder with the ARM64 plugin files as a last resort..

Thanks,

49. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

The loading happens internally inside the native plugin. So it will use low-level operating system sockets or something else depending on the platform. No high-level comms like WebRequest are exposed.

50. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Thanks for the suggest - we've added to to the list, so hopefully we should have a build for that soon.