Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] AVPro Video - complete video playback solution

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AndrewRH, Feb 12, 2016.

1. kuchida

kuchida

Hi!

We are using AvPro for Windows and
    if I try to download and play 5 GB video from the local server by HTTP progressive download, loading error will occur when the downloaded data exceeds 4 GB.
    Any suggestion how to solve the problem??

Thanks.

2. jpienbro_apollojourney

jpienbro_apollojourney

We tried setting a different capture rate and frame rate in our native Android plugin for highspeed recording (ex. captureRate: 240 fps and frameRate: 30 fps). This does work on some devices, but not on all. On some devices the output video file just has the same frameRate value as the captureRate.
    So I looked at what the native Android Camera app outputs when using slowmotion recording mode and it just outputs a highspeed video file with the same frameRate as the capture rate. Probably always playing it with a lower playbackRate (for ex. 240fps recording with playbackRate 0.25x so it uses 60fps).

I was wondering if it's possible to let the display rate always by 60fps for a 240 fps recording independent of the playbackRate. In theory it would then just skip a lot of frames (and not load them in the buffer).

3. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Is the video file an MP4? Is is encoded using "fast-start"? Fast-Start enables the video to start streaming immedaitely without having to download the whole file first.

Which local server are you using? It sounds like a bug in the server...Have you tried uploading it to the internet to see if you're still having problems?

Which version of AVPro Video and Windows are you using?

Thanks,

4. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

The decoder can't skip frames, because frames are interdependent, so it must decode all of them. Have you tried both ExoPlayer and MediaPlayer video API's? Perhaps you could try both?

Thanks,

5. jnroesch

jnroesch

Hey there, I have both the iOS and the Android package. I would love to switch 'force file format' to either HLS or MPEG DASH per script depending on the current build target. The attribute is listed as a private serialize field in the MediaPlayer-Component and writing my own method to set this attribute seems to work so I was wondering why you do not support this natively?

6. donna13

donna13

Hi, I am currently using AVPro for a 360 video project.

I experience a problem related to the display of a 360 video on an inverted sphere. It looks puffy / round. As if the camera is placed too close to the video or the video texture is placed on a sphere that is too small.

Reproduce:
    1. Open the demo scene 08_Demo_360SphereVideo
    2. Click Play (> Demo scene works!)
    2. Put the asset to be tested (see file: testVideoAVProLooksPuffy.mp4, download on https://www.dropbox.com/s/xphoou0ytobwg0p/testVideoAVProLooksPuffy..mp4?dl=0) in the folder 'StreamingAssets' .
    3. Replace the source path of the AVPro Video Media Player so that it points to the new video (testVideoAVProLooksPuffy.mp4).
    3. Change Packing to top bottom in Stereo
    4. Click Play

Expected:
    Video starts playing. Straight edges in the footage, look straight in the Unity player as well.

Actual behaviour:
    Video starts playing but straight edges in the footage (such as the edge between the wall and the ceiling) look 'puffy' / 'round' when playing them as 360 degree footage in the 360SphereVideo demo.

Tried out solutions:
    Increasing the scale of the sphere inside AVPro Video Media Player object to 100,100,100 instead of 1,1,1 seems to fix the issue in the Unity Editor. However, when viewing the apk on Oculus Go (our target device), the video quality seems really low in that case.

Question:
    What would be possible solutions? Maybe we need to adapt either the sphere or the mapping of the video onto the sphere so that it corresponds with the video's characteristics (maybe we need to change something based on the resolution of the video for example?)

We are still using the trial version, but will buy the full package if it fits all our needs. - Unity version: 2018.2.5f1 (pro)

7. donna13

donna13

There are two images in my post that cannot be loaded, but here is an image of what I want to achieve: : https://ibb.co/fQQUPe

8. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

This usually happens because the camera/sphere is offset and not at the same position. This is usually caused by the VR system adding a "sit" or "stand" height offset to the camera position. In the latest version of AVPro Video we added a new option to the SphereDemo component called "Zero Camera Position" which resets the camera to 0,0,0 each frame so that it is in the center of the sphere. If you're using any OVR components then those also usually have an option to disable positional tracking/offsetting...

I hope this helps you. Let me know if that doesn't solve it for you.

Thanks,

9. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Ahh thanks, this is just an oversight. We will expose it as a public property in the next release.

Thanks,

10. richardzzzarnold

richardzzzarnold

Hi I am wondering how to go about adjusting the offset of the VideoMappingMaterial during playback.
    I have changed the VideoMappingMaterial to a standard shader and am trying to adjust the offset through the ApplyToMaterial script.

but the material is not repeat tiling as it would with a static image. I am getting horizontal lines on either side of the video playback area. Is there any way I can get a repeated image on offset?

I thought that changing the texture wrap to repeat or mirror in the MediaPlayer would have some effect but it does not seem to.

thanks

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  11. richardzzzarnold

richardzzzarnold

I see to have achieved realtime offsetting somehow ( disabling resampled?....not sure).
    The main problem now is that texture wrap = mirroring does not seem to work.
    How can I mirror the video image? I have bilinear filter and Mirror wrap but it is not mirroring.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  12. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Thanks for reporting this. This was a bug in the reamples, and also in the OSXMediaPlayer class. I've emailed you the details on how to fix this. The fix will appear in the next release of the plugin.

Thanks,

13. ibps13

ibps13

Hi,

I'v some problem with android gearvr app and last version of AvPro, 360 video are playing correctly but simple video on UGUI is not played. screen is white. Videos works fine on Editor... I'v tried to change Mediaplayer or Exoplayer etc... nothing work.

If I put video on StreamingAssetsFolder, I only have the first image of video, and video not playing
    If I put on AssetDataPath, white screen...

Tested on Android 8, samsung S6 and S8+

I use unity 2018.2.5f1 and AvPro 1.9

Any clue ?

14. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

That seems strange....Does our UGUI demo scene work with our sample videos?
    Are the files very large? StreamingAssets folder is memory mapped AFAIK so it can use a lot of system memory to stream files from it. Or perhaps you could tell us more about the video specs (resolution, codec, frame-rate, file size).

Thanks,

15. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

I see the ExoPlayer 2.9.0 is going to be released "soon" and it includes better performance for videos with a high frame rate....We'll be sure to include this as soon as it's available. I don't know if it will help you, but thought you might be interested to know.

https://github.com/google/ExoPlayer/blob/dev-v2/RELEASENOTES.md

Thanks,

16. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi All,

AVPro Video version 1.9.1 has just been released!

You can find the updated version on the Asset Store and the free trial version on our website.

Changes include:

macOS and iOS
    • Fixed bug where video would always auto-play (only iOS < 10.0 and macOS < 10.12)
    • Fixed bug where texture properties (wrap, filter etc) weren’t being set
    WebGL
    • Fixed regression introduced in 1.9.0 which prevents videos from loading
    • Fixed support for 3rd party decoder libraries
    • Added support for “blob:” URL scheme
    General
    • Resampler now honours texture properties set in MediaPlayer
    • Added position bar to PlaylistMediaPlayer editor
    Windows Desktop
    • Fixed focus, volume and mute on videos using FB 360 Audio
    • Fixed some issues with switching between instances of videos using system audio and FB 360 Audio
    • Fixed a bug where audio sample rate and channel count were swapped around
    Please report any issues here on the forum, or to our customer support email.

Thanks,

17. Mulm

Mulm

Hi, I'm using windows 8 and I get the "loading failed" error on every livestream I try to play. They work fine in vlc and I have tried several, same streams work on avpro on windows 10. Any idea what I might need on the windows 8 machine for this to work properly? Thanks :)

18. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

AVPro Video doesn't have native support for HLS/Dash streaming on Windows 8 - it currently requires Windows 10 because we use the codecs natively supported by the operating system. For Windows desktop operating systems older than Windows 10, there is only currently one method you can use with AVPro Video to support adaptive streaming: Install "Lav Filters" (from its github releases page), and set the "Video Api" field to "DirectShow" (in MediaPlayer > Platform Specific > VideoAPI).

thanks,

Mulm likes this.
  19. gasmedley

gasmedley

Hi, I'm trying to get a hls stream working on ios and osx using multiple audio streams. AVPro is only detecting one stream on OSX but it detects two on windows. Here's the format of my m3u8:

Code (CSharp):
    1. #EXTM3U
    2. #EXT-X-VERSION:7
    3. #EXT-X-INDEPENDENT-SEGMENTS
    4. #EXT-X-STREAM-INF:BANDWIDTH=1369902,AVERAGE-BANDWIDTH=1276969,CODECS="avc1.77.30,mp4a.40.2",RESOLUTION=320x180,FRAME-RATE=29.970
    5. video/out.m3u8
    6. #EXT-X-MEDIA:TYPE=AUDIO,GROUP-ID="stereo",LANGUAGE="en",NAME="pitchdown",DEFAULT=NO,AUTOSELECT=YES,URI="audio/out.m3u8"

20. silverfire330

silverfire330

Is there a way to easily listen for texture changes within an HLS stream? On windows it gives it a debug message but that's it.

21. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Yes there is an event "ResolutionChanged" that is triggered - you can listen for this event from the MediaPlayer

22. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

We'll investigate this and get back to you...thanks,

23. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi,

Windows is probably just being very leniant. I suspect that there is something not quite right with the manifest. You may want to run it through Apple's streaming media validator tool:
    https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/technotes/tn2235/_index.html

Apple in general are very picky about the structure of the HLS manifest, which is why they have tools like the above validator. The validator should tell you about any problems with your manifest.

Just off the top of my head, the issue could perhaps be that the #EXT-X-STREAM-INF requires AUDIO=“stereo”..

I hope that helps,

24. gasmedley

gasmedley

Hi, here's my next run at generating an m3u8 using ffmpeg. Bear in mind this is as ffmpeg generated it. GetAudioTrackCount is still returning 1. The only issues that the validator is giving me is that there's a bitrate mismatch in rendition 0.

edit: i manually added the language and frame-rate tags as the osx hls spec seems to require them. This didn't make it work either.

Code (CSharp):
    1. #EXTM3U
    2. #EXTM3U
    3. #EXT-X-VERSION:3
    4. #EXT-X-MEDIA:TYPE=AUDIO,LANGUAGE="eng",GROUP-ID="group_default",NAME="audio_0",DEFAULT=YES,URI="bbb1/bbb.m3u8"
    5. #EXT-X-MEDIA:TYPE=AUDIO,LANGUAGE="eng",GROUP-ID="group_default",NAME="audio_0",DEFAULT=YES,URI="bbb2/bbb.m3u8"
    6. #EXT-X-STREAM-INF:BANDWIDTH=1297000,RESOLUTION=320x180,CODECS="avc1.640014,mp4a.40.2",AUDIO="group_default"
    7. bbb0/bbb.m3u8
    9. #EXT-X-STREAM-INF:BANDWIDTH=154000,FRAME-RATE="30",CODECS="mp4a.40.2",AUDIO="group_default"
    10. bbb1/bbb.m3u8
    12. #EXT-X-STREAM-INF:BANDWIDTH=154000,FRAME-RATE="30",CODECS="mp4a.40.2",AUDIO="group_default"
    13. bbb2/bbb.m3u8

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  25. gasmedley

gasmedley

I got it to work! Still trying to discern why, but i'll post the successful version when i have it.

AndrewRH likes this.
  26. phileday

phileday

Hi

I have a general question regarding AVPro, DLNA and playing back from network locations from an Android device.

Basically is this possible? I make a player called Whirligig and I'm currently making a version for the Oculus Go/GearVR and one of the things requested and I think should be in the release is this feature. Other players such as Skybox have it but I don't know really where to begin. I guess I need to find a way to get Unity3D to list the available locations and then direct AVPro to playback from those locations.

Any advice or help would be very much appreciated. Even if it's just pointing me at the write url for help. I've search away on the internet and keep coming up with network gaming which is making it hard to find what I'm looking for. I'd also be interested if there were freelancers out there that were interested to help.

All the best and great to see AVPro getting better and better.

Phil

neurocat likes this.
  27. gasmedley

gasmedley

Here it is. The problem was that the stream names were the same. Everything else appears to be peanuts.

Code (CSharp):
    1. #EXTM3U
    2. #EXT-X-VERSION:3
    3. #EXT-X-MEDIA:TYPE=AUDIO,GROUP-ID="group_default",NAME="audio_0",DEFAULT=YES,URI="bbb1/bbb.m3u8"
    4. #EXT-X-MEDIA:TYPE=AUDIO,GROUP-ID="group_default",NAME="audio_1",DEFAULT=YES,URI="bbb2/bbb.m3u8"
    5. #EXT-X-STREAM-INF:BANDWIDTH=946000,RESOLUTION=320x180,CODECS="avc1.640014,mp4a.40.2",AUDIO="group_default"
    6. bbb0/bbb.m3u8
    8. #EXT-X-STREAM-INF:BANDWIDTH=154000,CODECS="mp4a.40.2",AUDIO="group_default"
    9. bbb1/bbb.m3u8
    11. #EXT-X-STREAM-INF:BANDWIDTH=154000,CODECS="mp4a.40.2",AUDIO="group_default"
    12. bbb2/bbb.m3u8

28. Monarc

Monarc

Hi I updated avpro to latest version and I got following error message on android.
    It was good on old version of avpro.(I forgot what the version number was)

E/Unity ( 2684): Unable to find AVProLocal
    W/dalvikvm( 2684): Exception Ljava/lang/UnsatisfiedLinkError; thrown while initializing Lcom/RenderHeads/AVProVideo/AVProMobileVideo;
    E/Unity ( 2684): AndroidJavaException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.RenderHeads.AVProVideo.AVProMobileVideo
    E/Unity ( 2684): java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.RenderHeads.AVProVideo.AVProMobileVideo
    E/Unity ( 2684): at java.lang.Class.classForName(Native Method)
    E/Unity ( 2684): at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:251)
    E/Unity ( 2684): at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:216)
    E/Unity ( 2684): at com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer.nativeRender(Native Method)
    E/Unity ( 2684): at com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer.c(Unknown Source)
    E/Unity ( 2684): at com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer$c$1.handleMessage(Unknown Source)
    E/Unity ( 2684): at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:98)
    E/Unity ( 2684): at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:136)
    E/Unity ( 2684): at com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer$c.run(Unknown Source)
    E/Unity ( 2684): Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Couldn't load AVProLocal from loader dalvik.system.PathClassLoader[DexPathList[[zip file "/data/app/com.glu.celebslots-1.apk"],nativeLibraryDirectories=[/data/app-lib/com.glu.celebslots-1, /system/lib]]]: findLibrary returned null
    E/Unity ( 2684): at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary(Runtime.java:358)
    E/Unity ( 2684): at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.j
    E/Unity ( 2684): NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    E/Unity ( 2684): at RenderHeads.Media.AVProVideo.AndroidMediaPlayer..ctor (Boolean useFastOesPath, Boolean showPosterFrame, VideoApi api, Boolean enable360Audio, Audio360ChannelMode channelMode, Boolean preferSoftware) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    E/Unity ( 2684): at RenderHeads.Media.AVProVideo.MediaPlayer.CreatePlatformMediaPlayer () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    E/Unity ( 2684): at RenderHeads.Media.AVProVideo.MediaPlayer.Initialise () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    E/Unity ( 2684): at RenderHeads.Media.AVProVideo.MediaPlayer.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    E/Unity ( 2684):
    E/Unity ( 2684): (Filename: Line: -1)
    E/Unity ( 2684):

The unity is 5.6.5p4 and libAVProLocal is included. What should I do to fix this?
    I removed arm64-v8a because unity5 doesn't support that.

Thanks in advance.
    upload_2018-9-17_14-6-38.png
    upload_2018-9-17_14-8-12.png

29. Barsik_The_CaT

Barsik_The_CaT

Hello, I am unable to play my video using 360 sphere example.
    The video comes from Vuze camera and has the following specs:
    H.264 encoded, 4096x4096 dimensions, 4K resolution (each eye), top-bottom layout, mp4 format, 30 fps, bitrate 120/80 mb/sec.
    When I use Direct Show everything is black and no audio.
    When I use Media Foundation everything is green, but the audio is working.
    I get the same effect when playing it in Windows Movies app.
    The video works fine in 3rd party players.
    The video works when used in Unity's video player, but with severe stuttering.

30. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi Phil!

DLNA isn't something we're ever investigated. I guess you need some code that will enumerate the DLNA location and return the URLS for the media files. I don't know whether those URLs are something that the player will support as I'm not familiar with what form they will be in.

We can certainly add this to the list of things to investigate, but if you can give us more information and we can see that it isn't too much work to add, then this will greatly improve the chance of this feature being added quickly.

Thanks,

31. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

That's strange - the plugins seem to have lost their platform and architecture metdata. All of the files in the /Plugins/Android folder should be set to Android platform only. Then inside /Plugins/Android/Libs/ the files should have the correct architecture set, based on the folder. And you are correct to delete the arm64 folder.

That should solve it..Otherwise try deleting the AVPro Plugin files completely, and importing the unitypackage again. Make sure your project is set to use .meta files in the Editor settings. Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

32. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Could you send us a small 4K Vuze video file to test with? http://www.renderheads.com/contact/
    It is unlikely that DirectShow would be able to support it natively since the resolution is so high and the default DirectShow codecs are very old. You could try installing "LAV Filters" on your system and then it should be able to support it, but of course installing extra codecs isn't ideal.
    On Media Foundation I'm not sure why it is green. Does it make a difference if you disable hardware decoding? What GPU do you have?

Thanks,

33. Barsik_The_CaT

Barsik_The_CaT

Hardware decoding was indeed a problem - turns out video drivers on my workstation were not updated since it was assembled, updating fixed that issue. Thanks for pointing out!

AndrewRH likes this.
  34. cecarlsen

cecarlsen

Like others, I need to control video using Unity's Timeline. I really wish Renderheads could see the usefulness in this feature.

Meanwhile, I've had to implement a "bridge". Three scripts are pasted in below. Please share improvements.

TODO. I can't find a way to get an event when a clip is exited while the timeline is not playing. This causes the last played frame will hang if you scrub to a place outside clips.

Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using UnityEngine.Playables;
    4. public class AVProVideoClipAsset : PlayableAsset
    5. {
    6.    public string filePath;
    7.    public override Playable CreatePlayable (PlayableGraph graph, GameObject owner)
    8.    {
    9.        var playable = ScriptPlayable<AVProVideoControlBehaviour>.Create( graph );
    10.        var playerControlBehaviour = playable.GetBehaviour();
    11.        playerControlBehaviour.filePath = filePath;
    12.        return playable;
    13.    }
    14. }
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using UnityEngine.Playables;
    3. using RenderHeads.Media.AVProVideo;
    5. public class AVProVideoControlBehaviour : PlayableBehaviour
    6. {
    7.     public string filePath;
    8.     MediaPlayer _player;
    11.     public override void ProcessFrame( Playable playable, FrameData info, object playerData )
    12.     {
    13.         if( !Application.isPlaying ) return;
    15.         // Get the player.
    16.         if( !_player ) _player = playerData as MediaPlayer;
    17.         if( !_player ) return;
    19.         // Open clip.
    20.         if( _player.m_VideoPath != filePath || !_player.VideoOpened ){
    21.             _player.OpenVideoFromFile( MediaPlayer.FileLocation.RelativeToProjectFolder, filePath, true );
    22.             _player.m_AutoStart = false;
    23.         }
    25.         // Only if opened ...
    26.         if( !_player.VideoOpened ) return;
    28.         // Check if timeline is playing and get clip time.
    29.         bool isTimelinePlaying = playable.GetGraph().IsPlaying();
    30.         float clipTimeMs = (float) playable.GetTime() * 1000;
    31.         if( isTimelinePlaying ){
    32.             // Play.
    33.             if( !_player.Control.IsPlaying() ){
    34.                 _player.Control.Seek( clipTimeMs );
    35.                 _player.Control.Play();
    36.             }
    37.         } else {
    38.             // Scrub.
    39.             _player.Control.Seek( clipTimeMs );
    40.             if( _player.Control.IsPlaying() ) _player.Control.Pause();
    41.         }
    42.     }
    45.     public override void OnBehaviourPause( Playable playable, FrameData info )
    46.     {
    47.         if( !Application.isPlaying || !_player ) return;
    49.         bool isTimelinePlaying = playable.GetGraph().IsPlaying();
    50.         if( isTimelinePlaying ){
    51.             // Pause is also called while timeline is still playing AND this clip is exited. In that case we stop playback and close the video.
    52.             _player.Control.Stop();
    53.             _player.CloseVideo();
    54.         } else {
    55.             _player.Control.Pause();
    56.         }
    57.     }
    58. }
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine.Timeline;
    2. using RenderHeads.Media.AVProVideo;
    4. [TrackClipType(typeof(AVProVideoClipAsset))]
    5. [TrackBindingType(typeof(MediaPlayer))]
    6. public class AVProVideoPlayerTrack : TrackAsset {
    8. }

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    AndrewRH likes this.
  35. MESHED-space

MESHED-space

Hi, we try to use your product for Videos in WebGL. It works fine on Browsers on Android mobiles, but there will no Video loaded on IPads or IPhones - is there a solution or is it only possible via Apps on IPad/IPhones ?

Thanks,
    Ulf Marsche
    Meshed Space Team

36. davidbozo

davidbozo

Dear AndrewRH,

I would like to create a stream for your production from a Go Pro Hero 5 Black. I want to consume and display the stream on Android platform. I have an Elgato Cam Link capture card which creates a DirectShow source as far as i know. I have lack of experience with streams, encoding etc. So can you please give me some detailed information, which program should i use to create the right stream?

Thanks,
    David Bozo

37. phileday

phileday

To be honest I think what I need is a way to list the network locations accessible through the wifi so they can be browsed, then, I'm assuming that I'll be able to load the video using the distinct network path in AVpro. This works on the PC, although I haven't found a way to list network locations but I can just copy and paste the location, \\meda\\videos\temp.mp4 for example. I'm hoping that is is possible on Android but I don't know how to retrieve the locations to try it.

If you have any ideas about that that would be really useful. The DLNA seems to be related to that I think, or at least the network locations is what people want whether it is DLNA or not.

38. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Thanks for this!! We will look at Timeline integration soon :) No doubt your contribution has given this feature a huge boost! Thanks,

39. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Is this on Safari? I know Safari has some issues playing videos as it default to not play videos automatically. We have some notes in our documentation about how to address this. Or is there an actual error log (view in developer mode console)?

Thanks,

40. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

If you don't want to do this in Unity, then something like OBS can be used to recieve the camera stream and then rebroadcast to a streaming service (eg WowZA) to create a HLS stream which can be played on Android...If you want to use Unity for everything, then I'm not sure if there any options to create a live stream...

41. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Will have to add this to our list of things to test....

42. Barsik_The_CaT

Barsik_The_CaT

Hello. I faced a problem - my stereo video becomes not stereo when played in AVPro. Not just that, but when I specify stereo packing as Top Bottom it distorts video. Playing video in your 360 sphere exmaple, multipass enabled, apply to mesh disabled, 4096x4096, H264 encoded, top bottom packing, mp4 format

43. davidbozo

davidbozo

Should i tweak some settings somewhere? Because it works on Windows but on Android i get this error:
    (The stream resolution is 1280x720.)
    Code (CSharp):
    1. 09-21 08:05:43.037 19142 19178 I Unity   : [AVProVideo] Initialising AVPro Video (script v1.9.1 plugin v1.9.0t) on Adreno (TM) 330/OpenGL ES 3.0 V@140.0 AU@ (GIT@I741a3d36ca) (MT False) on Android
    3. 09-21 08:05:43.037 19142 19178 I Unity   :
    5. 09-21 08:05:43.037 19142 19178 I Unity   : (Filename: ./artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)
    7. 09-21 08:05:43.037 19142 19178 I Unity   :
    9. 09-21 08:05:43.046 19142 19178 I Unity   : [AVProVideo] Opening https://05f599.entrypoint.cloud.wowza.com/app-b2cb/ngrp:1ed0634e_all/playlist.m3u8  (offset 0)
    11. 09-21 08:05:43.046 19142 19178 I Unity   :
    13. 09-21 08:05:43.046 19142 19178 I Unity   : (Filename: ./artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)
    15. 09-21 08:05:43.046 19142 19178 I Unity   :
    17. 09-21 08:05:43.060 19142 19142 I System.out: AVProVideo video state: buffering
    19. 09-21 08:05:43.061 19142 19142 I System.out: AVProVideo buffer preparing
    21. 09-21 08:05:43.367 19142 19142 E AVProVideo: EventLogger: internalError [0.50, loadError]
    23. 09-21 08:05:43.367 19142 19142 E AVProVideo: EventLogger: com.google.android.exoplayer2.source.UnrecognizedInputFormatException: None of the available extractors (MatroskaExtractor, FragmentedMp4Extractor, Mp4Extractor, Mp3Extractor, AdtsExtractor, Ac3Extractor, TsExtractor, FlvExtractor, OggExtractor, PsExtractor, WavExtractor, AmrExtractor) could read the stream.
    25. 09-21 08:05:43.367 19142 19142 E AVProVideo: EventLogger:     at com.google.android.exoplayer2.source.ExtractorMediaPeriod$ExtractorHolder.selectExtractor(ExtractorMediaPeriod.java:927)
    27. 09-21 08:05:43.367 19142 19142 E AVProVideo: EventLogger:     at com.google.android.exoplayer2.source.ExtractorMediaPeriod$ExtractingLoadable.load(ExtractorMediaPeriod.java:849)
    29. 09-21 08:05:43.367 19142 19142 E AVProVideo: EventLogger:     at com.google.android.exoplayer2.upstream.Loader$LoadTask.run(Loader.java:320)
    31. 09-21 08:05:43.367 19142 19142 E AVProVideo: EventLogger:     at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1113)
    33. 09-21 08:05:43.367 19142 19142 E AVProVideo: EventLogger:     at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:588)
    35. 09-21 08:05:43.367 19142 19142 E AVProVideo: EventLogger:     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:818)
    37. 09-21 08:05:43.373 19142 19419 E ExoPlayerImplInternal: Source error.
    39. 09-21 08:05:43.373 19142 19419 E ExoPlayerImplInternal: com.google.android.exoplayer2.source.UnrecognizedInputFormatException: None of the available extractors (MatroskaExtractor, FragmentedMp4Extractor, Mp4Extractor, Mp3Extractor, AdtsExtractor, Ac3Extractor, TsExtractor, FlvExtractor, OggExtractor, PsExtractor, WavExtractor, AmrExtractor) could read the stream.
    41. 09-21 08:05:43.373 19142 19419 E ExoPlayerImplInternal:     at com.google.android.exoplayer2.source.ExtractorMediaPeriod$ExtractorHolder.selectExtractor(ExtractorMediaPeriod.java:927)
    43. 09-21 08:05:43.373 19142 19419 E ExoPlayerImplInternal:     at com.google.android.exoplayer2.source.ExtractorMediaPeriod$ExtractingLoadable.load(ExtractorMediaPeriod.java:849)
    45. 09-21 08:05:43.373 19142 19419 E ExoPlayerImplInternal:     at com.google.android.exoplayer2.upstream.Loader$LoadTask.run(Loader.java:320)
    47. 09-21 08:05:43.373 19142 19419 E ExoPlayerImplInternal:     at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1113)
    49. 09-21 08:05:43.373 19142 19419 E ExoPlayerImplInternal:     at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:588)
    51. 09-21 08:05:43.373 19142 19419 E ExoPlayerImplInternal:     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:818)
    53. 09-21 08:05:43.375 19142 19142 I System.out: AVProVideo error null
    55. 09-21 08:05:43.375 19142 19142 I System.out: AVProVideo video state: idle
    57. 09-21 08:05:43.387 19142 19178 E Unity   : [AVProVideo] Error: Loading failed.  File not found, codec not supported, video resolution too high or insufficient system resources.
    59. 09-21 08:05:43.387 19142 19178 E Unity   :
    61. 09-21 08:05:43.387 19142 19178 E Unity   : (Filename: ./artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)
    63. 09-21 08:05:43.387 19142 19178 E Unity   :

44. NS24

NS24

Just to let you know I'm seeing this issue as well in the Unity Editor on Windows. However when I test on GearVR stereo video seems to play ok.

I'm also finding that when I set Stereo Packing to Top/Bottom, mono videos seem to play with their mapping incorrectly on both GearVR and in the Unity Editor.

45. shoo

shoo

Hello!
    Does AVPro MediaPlayer has any static method to get video duration?
    I mean, I dont need to load/play files, I just wnt to collect its data

46. NS24

NS24

AndrewRH likes this.
  47. shoo

shoo

It isn't static metod, I need to open media to use this method. Also I need callback for event type MetaDataReady, so in this case I need some wrapper around mediaplayer, and also I need a gameobject to put media player on it.

Or maybe I just cant undertand how to use this properly, but i need something like
    MediaPlayer.Info.GetDurationMs(string filename, UnityAction<float> callback)

48. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

No, there is currently no API to just query the media properties of a file without opening it for playback. So you could use the MediaPlayer component to open the file, and then when the metadata available even is fired, you could read the duration and then close it. Otherwise you would have to implement your own code to read the relavent ATOM data from the file directly.

Thanks,

49. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hmm, that's strange. It sounds like the m3u8 manifest has some problem....

50. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

If this is in Windows, then the problem is that your video contains stereo metadata. On our Windows player it doesn't support stereo videos that contain stereo metadata, so this must be removed from the video. We have some FFMPEG commands for how to do this in the FAQ section of our PDF documentation.

Thanks,