Search Unity

[Released] AVPro Video - complete video playback solution

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AndrewRH, Feb 12, 2016.

1. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

I'll continue this via PM :)

2. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Glad to see someone using the OES path :)

3. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

4. gianfanatee

gianfanatee

Thanks! I set up the server correctly and everything worked fine.

About not being able to download the videos via WWW() to play them (On the WebGL guild), are there any ways around that? We really would like to preload a few videos ahead of the current video.

Thanks,
    Gian

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  5. sportique

sportique

Thanks!
    everything seems to work great in Windows7 but when I try to run the example build in Windows8.1 It seems to gradually shrink the size of the bunny video (by around 5%) and then crashes when I click to move to the next demo scene. I've tried it on to different machines running 8.1 get the same behavior on both. I've attached the crash log.

thanks again

Attached Files:

6. phileday

phileday

That teaser looks cool :) Will the sound source thing allow you to send each mono output to different sound source? So for example if you had a 5.1 sound source you could set the speakers in Unity up like a 5.1 sound system?

Tom-Goethals likes this.
  7. xpansivevr

xpansivevr

Yes! Please add support for this. :)

8. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hmm, I think this is just a HTML5 / Unity issue. I don't think HTML5 lets users write to the disk too easily really...I think this is a security issue. I'm no HTML5 expert though...

According to this:
    https://blogs.unity3d.com/2016/09/20/understanding-memory-in-unity-webgl/
    WebGL builds store all written files in memory, not actually on the disk. I guess it might be possible but one would have to be careful, and I have no idea whether HTML could load from this Unity memory file storage...

9. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

The shrinking is just the watermark when it's using the GPU decoder. The crash sounds like it might be related to GPU decoding but I can't be sure. Could you try going into the Windows "Platform Specific" panel and disabling GPU decoding?
    Alternatively try not to destroy your video player between scene loads. The video player object is a complex object and not something that should be destroyed/created often if possible.
    We will investigate this crash bug though... thanks!

10. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

I'll add it to the list. What cool thing are you building that needs stereo videos with alpha? :)

11. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Yeah....that's the plan! Currently my experimental version is stereo only and it's not handling seeking well..Hopefully will get there in the end.

12. phileday

phileday

Let's hope it all comes together. You've shown use you're working on it now so you can expect us to keep badgering you until it arrives :)

AndrewRH likes this.
  13. Ibukii

Ibukii

How do I reference the Media Player to play or stop the video? Thank you.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  14. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

There are a lot of examples in the docs and also in the sample code, but here is another:

Code (CSharp):
    1. public MediaPlayer _mp;
    3. void PlayExample()
    4. {
    5. _mp.Play();
    6. }
    8. void PauseExample()
    9. {
    10. _mp.Pause();
    11. }

15. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi,
    If anyone is having problems with the latest version of AVPro Video giving build errors due to the shader, please find the fixed shaders attached here. We'll include these in the next version.
    Thanks,

Attached Files:

16. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hey Everyone,

AVPro Video
    has just been nominated for the Unity Awards 2016 Asset Store Award! :)

Please check it out the award nominees here and vote for your favourites.

Thanks,

GamerPET likes this.
  17. tlutz

tlutz

Hello,

I don't know if this has been added in a new version, but is there an event for when a video is buffering?

Some videos I try to play in app, which are set to autoplay, will not begin until i have paused and unpaused. After, it will play for a little bit and then stop again, in which case I need to pause and unpause it again. I've looked in event types and I don't see "isBuffering" or something like that.

Also, will there be support to find out the current length of the video that is loaded/buffered, as there was in the Quicktime plugin?

Thanks!

18. Kaonuri

Kaonuri

I want to own android plugin but i think my android plugin is conflict with avpro's android plugin. how can i use multiple plugin with avpro?

19. camel82106

camel82106

Hi,
    I'm trying trial version. And as I'm using linear color space I came to this problem too.

Could you please provide guide how to fix it for uGUI? Is it possible? I mean while still using HW acceleration with Media Foundation
    Thanks
    Peter

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  20. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

You can poll for buffering via:

public MediaPlayer mp;
    mp.Control.IsBuffering(); // returns true/false
    mp.Control.GetBufferingProgress(); // return value between 0.0 and 1.0

Are still have a few more plans to further improve buffering visualisation. We also have yet to integrate these commands into the demos but we will be doing that soon.

Which platform is it where you have to manually pause and unpause? I have never seen that before. If you could please let me know the platform, your Unity version and AVPro Video version - that's be very useful. Does this happen when you use the supplied sample videos too?

Thanks,

21. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Yes you should be able to use multiple plugins on Android. I think perhaps you also emailed us about this? If so we'll continue this over email. Otherwise please let me know more about your problem. Thanks,

22. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

We'll provide a shader to fix this in the next update. Thanks!

23. 68af8857-4c75-4981-8dd1-c79878558721

68af8857-4c75-4981-8dd1-c79878558721

Is there a way to query the exact timestamp or frame number of the current texture?
    GetTextureFrameCount() returns how many times the texture has been updated, which gets out of sync with the source frame count when any frames are dropped.
    IMediaControl.GetCurrentTimeMs() returns how far through the video it should be. I've tried quantizing this to the framerate, but depending on when the texture update happens relative to calling GetCurrentTimeMs, I can be out by a frame.

24. jGate99

jGate99

@AndrewRH
    Can you please provide a way to get actual mp4 file from the link? For example we provide mp4 link to your media player which in turns get the actual file and play, once whole file is buffered which means its in memory, can you expose a function to get that file so we can do other things like saving on user system or uploading somewhere else.

25. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi, currently there isn't a way to query the timestamp or frame number of the texture. We can certainly try to add timestamp value in the future. We'll have to see how this is possible across all of the platforms. We'll investigate this - it's certainly on the list.
    Thanks!

26. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Currently there is no way to do this in our video player. You could download the file yourself (using WWW class) and then play it from local disk, but to save it after the player has buffered it isn't possible yet I'm afraid. This functionality isn't high on our list of priorities but I'll certainly add it to the list for the future.
    Thanks,

27. jGate99

jGate99

Thanks, and cograts on nomination :)

AndrewRH likes this.
  28. Uli_Okm

Uli_Okm

Hi @AndrewRH I`m thinking about buying this asset, but I need to be sure first as I can`t test the demos right now:
    - How the VR support works? The video is applied to a Cubemap/Skybox?
    - Is there any special way/settings to use VR? Is it compatible with all the platforms (Windows with Rift, Vive, or Android with cardboard)

Thanks

29. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi Uli_Okm,
    Typically video is applied to a sphere or a cube. AVPro Video has support and sample scenes for both of these cases. They both work on all VR platforms automatically without any setup - Vive, Rift, Cardboard are all supported and work the same way.
    Thanks,

30. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi everyone,

Hoping to have another version of AVPro Video released tomorrow.

Thanks,

31. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi All,

AVPro Video version 1.5.2 has just been released!

You can find the updated version on the Asset Store and the free trial version / demos on our website.

Changes include:

General
    • uGUI and IMGUI components now automatically displays videos with stereo or alpha packing correctly without having to assign material manually
    • Fixed shader build errors in Unity 5.4.1
    • Fixed shader build errors in Unity 4.x for D3D9 and OpenGL
    • Added stereo support to more shaders including uGUI
    Workflow
    • Improved component menu layout by grouping components
    • Logging improved so some log messages can be clicked on to highlight the logging MediaPlayer
    Windows
    • Linear colour space now automatically rendered correctly when using GPU decoder
    • Fixed memory leak in GPU decoder introduced in v1.5.0
    • Fixed old memory leak in Notify system
    • Fixed HLS adaptive resolution changing when using GPU decoder and improved texture switch to remove 1 frame glitch
    WebGL
    • Cubemap script fixed to not show texture seam
    • Texture filtering and wrapping modes applied correctly now
    • Added crossOrigin=”anonymous” to video element

Don't forget to login and vote at the Unity Awards 2016 page

Thanks,

Tom-Goethals likes this.
  32. Ibukii

Ibukii

Hi Andrew I've sent you a email to unitysupport@renderheads.com regarding reference the Media Player. Please help! Thank you!

EDIT: Is there a way to do something like : while(mediaplayer.isPlaying) ?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  33. gamerhalo21

gamerhalo21

34. lucasTOG

lucasTOG

Hi Team,

We are experiencing a problem with the AVPro Video Plugin in OSX. It works fine in Windows and Android, but in OS X the video goes all black, and isn't played.

We have noticed that CanPlay() returns false, and that the state is "Unknown".

Do you know what may be causing this issue?

Thanks!

35. henkjan

henkjan

Hi,

I've discovered a strange problem in WebGL.
    I have a mp4 file in StreamingAssets and on the media player I have turned on Auto Play.
    Then I do this in code when I want to start the video:
    MediaPlayer.m_VideoPath = "thevideo.mp4";
    MediaPlayer.OpenVideoFromFile(MediaPlayer.FileLocation.RelativeToStreamingAssetsFolder, MediaPlayer.m_VideoPath);

This works fine.

Also I have a replay button and this triggers this code:
    MediaPlayer.Control.Rewind();

This works well in Firefox but in Chrome it rewinds but doesn't play again. And now when I hit play manually it doesn't react anymore!

I've created a slider also but in Chrome it doesn't work either. The code for the slider is the same as in the examples.

36. tomszirtes

tomszirtes

Hi I'm a AVProVideo customer, I would like to grab the movie frame texture for some processing on the CPU. The texture object provided by the library applied to the material is not read-enabled. Is there an easy way to get hold of a read-enabled texture so I can do a ReadPixels call on it? Thanks

37. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi,
    Yes, please take a look at the sample scene called "06_Demo_FrameExtract". This scene does exactly that.
    There is also a function in the MediaPlayer class called ExtractFrame() which will help you. See "FrameExtract.cs" for example usage.
    Thanks,

38. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

I'm not sure what could cause that. Could you provide more information please, such as:

1) Which version of AVPro Video?
    2) Which version of Unity?
    3) Which OS X version?
    4) Format and resolution of your video?
    5) Does it work when you use our sample videos?

Feel free to email us about this to discuss further - unitysupport@renderheads.com

Thanks,

39. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hmmm, strange indeed. We'll look into this.
    Which version of Unity are you using? And also version of Chrome until which operating system?
    Have you tried out sample scenes here:
    http://downloads.renderheads.com/2016/AVProVideoDemoWebGL/
    There is a demo in the with a rewind button and slider - please see if that works in your Chrome. This demo was built using Untiy 5.4.1.

Thanks,

40. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

mediaplayer.Control.IsPlaying() should work :) We'll reply to your email shortly. Thanks,

41. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

I believe this is because you haven't set up your plist permissions file. This is required on Apple platforms that access URLs. We mention this in the PDF documentation, please see the section on Streaming.

42. tomszirtes

tomszirtes

Great thanks!

43. henkjan

henkjan

I'm using Unity 5.4.1f1 with Chrome version 53.0.2785.143 on Windows 10 64 bit.
    But the demo works! So I will look into the demo code to see what's different.
    Maybe the difference is that I'm using Unity's gui (uGUI) implementation.

UPDATE: I found the problem. It is not working correctly in Chrome when in the "Player settings" - "Other Settings" the option "Optimize Mesh Data*" is checked!
    So when you experience the same, just uncheck this box.

UPDATE 2: It works when I host it locally but when I host in on our server I get this message:
    Error: network loading error (errorcode=2)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  44. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Thanks for the updates. Excellent bug-hunting skills to find that strange issue with "Optimize Mesh Data"! I will look into this and perhaps report it to Unity as a bug.

Where are you loading your videos from? Streaming Assets folder, or another URL? Or is this error message just coming from the Unity app itself? More details please :D

Thanks,

45. henkjan

henkjan

I'm loading them from Streaming Assets and the error message is from the javascript console in the browser (F12)

46. gianfanatee

gianfanatee

Henkjan, check if your server is being able to handle requests for mp4 files. The strea ming assets for WebGL are in a subfolder. In my instance of IIS, I had to tell the server to answer to mp4 files from the Stre amingAssets subfolder (If I remember correctly, modifying the MimeType handler).
    Start by trying to access the video file from the browser itself and see if that works!

Edit: The Unity Forum wasn't allowing the word Stre aming

47. henkjan

henkjan

The server is well configured because:
    1. Firefox and Edge work ok
    2. In Chrome the video is showing but when I hit rewind or try to scroll with a slider the plugin/video 'hangs'.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  48. wangshibowyl

wangshibowyl

it's great work! but http streaming with android has some problem,I hava to wait too long time to play,"ffmpeg -movflags faststart" not work too.but the same video play immediately on windows 10 http.I don't know why.

49. 907917072

Hi,@AndrewRH ,In the 1.3.9 version of the IOS system, the video will blur and jitter and what does the new version solves this problem?

50. jGate99

jGate99