Search Unity

[Released] AVPro Video - complete video playback solution

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AndrewRH, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Ste-RH

Ste-RH

AVPro Video version 2.6.5 has just been released!

DOWNLOAD THE FREE TRIAL VERSION HERE

Changes include:

Android
    • Fixes
      • #1313 Audio piped through Unity should now sync on loop
    • Changes
      • Upgraded ExoPlayer from 2.18.0 to 2.18.1
    macOS/iOS/tvOS
    • Improvements
      • #1314 Added support for modifying the audio output mode after player creation but before calling OpenMedia
    • Fixes
      • #1314 Fixed issue with exception being thrown when setting a new media player instance on an audio output component
      • #1326 Built with Xcode 13.2.1 to ensure compatibility with Unity cloud build
    Windows
    • Fixes
      • #1316 Fixed compile issue with AppleMediaPlayer+Native.cs when using the Windows editor with macOS targets supported

Download Links

Editions

On the Unity Asset Store we've made several editions of AVPro Video available so you can pick the one that's best for your project:

Core Edition
    Core Windows Edition
    Core Android Edition
    Core macOS/iOS/tvOS Edition
    Ultra Edition
    • Enterprise Edition (contact us for multi-site licensing / support options)

You can read this page to learn more about the features, pricing and upgrades for the different editions.

Thanks to everyone who reported bugs or feature requests! We're looking forward continuing to support this product into the future and adding more features.

Please report any issues to our Github Issues

2. cecarlsen

cecarlsen

I created an issue: Frame index is not consistent.

I've spend countless hours trying to find the right alchemy to get AVProVideo Ultra to give me the frame index of the current available video frame, and I am stuck. In my project, each video frame needs to be unpacked using frame index specific meta data, so it has to be consistent at all times.

3. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

@cecarlsen

Thank you, we'll reply on github.

Kind regards,
    Chris

4. RiccardoAxed

RiccardoAxed

Hi, I'm a longtime Ultra user, is there any chance to have WebRTC support?

I'm starting a big project that only uses this standard for live video streaming and I would really keep on using AVProVideo features for it.

5. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

6. XyrisKenn

XyrisKenn

Hello, I'm evaluating AVPro for a virtual event. Requirements: stream from Vimeo, and show a collection of videos.
    TheUnity Vimeo SDK is outdated and throwing errors in #ifdef statements of AVPro support.

Might I confirm, can AVPro alone provide streaming and scheduling a series of videos?

7. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

XyrisKenn likes this.
  8. MAN_Schubert

MAN_Schubert

Unity 2020.3.18f1

We are currently creating a WebGL application that Show a "Main Menu" were the User can decide which video should be played. When selecting one video AVPro will play the video (no UI should be visible).

upload_2022-11-2_13-33-39.png

After the end of the Video is reached the Video will go back to the "Main Menu".

We have a strange effect. After selecting a new/same video for the second time our video is somehow cut in half.

upload_2022-11-2_13-34-0.png

We have found out that changing on runtime the Fallback Media Hints to "none" the video will be shown again normal

9. Ste-RH

Ste-RH

What shader are you using?

10. MAN_Schubert

MAN_Schubert

Scriptable render pipeline set to URP why?

11. MAN_Schubert

MAN_Schubert

Any update on this issue? Would really appreciate some support on my problem :)

12. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

13. Ste-RH

Ste-RH

AVPro Video version 2.6.6 has just been released!

Changes include:

General
    • Changes
      • Renamed 'AVProVideo/Internal/UI/AndroidOES' to 'AVProVideo/Internal/UI/Stereo - AndroidOES'
      • Renamed 'AVProVideo/Internal/UI/Transparent Packed' to 'AVProVideo/Internal/UI/Transparent Packed (stereo)'
      • Renamed 'AVProVideo/Internal/UI/Transparent Packed - AndroidOES' to 'AVProVideo/Internal/UI/Transparent Packed (stereo) - AndroidOES'
    • Fixes
      • #1363 Fixed issue with MediaPlayer setter in ``ResolveToRenderTexture``
    • Improvements
      • Added 'stereo' to the UI transparent shaders
    Android
    • Fixes
      • #1342 Shaders fixed for right eye offset issues when using multiview in VR with OES and monoscopic videos
      • #1352 Return from plugin modified to address issue seen only in Unity 2018
    • Improvements
      • Added 'multiview' support to the UI transparent OES shader (AVProVideo/Internal/UI/Transparent Packed (stereo) - AndroidOES)
    macOS
    • Fixes
      • Fixed crash caused by playing back a HAP movie with the texture format set to "Y Cb Cr 420"
      • Fixed issue with playback of HAP movies losing fps over time

Download Links

Editions

On the Unity Asset Store we've made several editions of AVPro Video available so you can pick the one that's best for your project:

Core Edition
    Core Windows Edition
    Core Android Edition
    Ultra Edition

You can read this page to learn more about the features, pricing and upgrades for the different editions.

Thanks to everyone who reported bugs or feature requests! We're looking forward continuing to support this product into the future and adding more features.

14. zdzx

zdzx

My videos can be played on the unity editor, but they cannot be played after packaging Android.
    My version is AVProVideo-1.11.5, and the unity is 2020.3.14f1 ,
    Please answer it quickly Thank you

15. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

16. phygitalism

phygitalism

Hello, I faced an issue with path to video being written with non-latin symbols (Cyrillic in this case).
    It causes:
    - default texture on video loading
    - [AVProVideo] No MediaReference specified
    - [AVProVideo] No file path specified

After that video is playing, but latency is quite distinctive. Can be something done to fix it or we have to use only latin symbols for video paths?

17. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

Hi @phygitalism,

Yes, best to stick with latin symbols please.
    I'm not sure how that would impact latency though? What platform/video API are you using?

Kind regards,
    Chris

18. phygitalism

phygitalism

The bug is reproducing in Unity Editor and iOS, at least. Kind of "latency" I suppose can be caused by series of errors during MediaPlayer.OpenMedia() execution.

So, I see, we'd better stick to latin symbols (I've just thought if it's a regular issue with a known workaround, but it is seems to be not a regular issue :)). Thank you a lot for your answer!

19. CloudsOtsubo

CloudsOtsubo

I would like to know how to play m3u8 files placed in a non-public amazonS3 bucket.

Hello.
    I am using machine translation.

We will be using AVPro in a project we are developing.
    We want to load m3u8 uploaded on AmazonS3.

I was able to load the m3u8 without any problem as long as the "Permissions overview" in Buckets is Public bucket.
    I set BucketPpolicy as follows to make the bucket public. (*** is project-specific and will be left blank.)
    -------------------------------------
    {
    "Version": "2012-10-17",
    "Id": "S3-Console-Auto-Gen-Policy-***",
    "Statement": [
    {
    "Sid": "S3PolicyStmt-DO-NOT-MODIFY-***",
    "Effect": "Allow",
    "Principal": "*",
    "Action": [
    "s3:GetObject",
    "s3:putObject".
    ],
    "Resource": "arn:aws:s3:::***/*"
    }
    ]
    }
    } -------------------------------------

However, if the bucket's "Permissions overview" in the Buckets premissions is not Public, the m3u8 could not be loaded.
    I believe this is due to the fact that the m3u8 file is composed of references to multiple ts files, and we do not have access to those ts files.
    We have successfully replayed the ts file by itself by issuing a temporary signed URL to the ts file that the m3u8 file references.

Please let me know how to play the m3u8 when the bucket is not public.

My development environment is Windows and Mac.

We are waiting for your reply.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2022
  20. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

21. LimitlessMan

LimitlessMan

Hi,
    Why the result of GetCurrentTime is not zero. Event after Seek(0).
    Same result in the Demo scene.

The returned value va parfois jusque'a 140 mS. This can look small but for my application, it's a problem.

How ca I avoid that?

22. CloudsOtsubo

CloudsOtsubo

Thank you for your response.

Taking a hint from the attached page, our problem was solved.

We downloaded the m3u8 file only and played the file rewriting the .ts file references part of the m3u8 file content to the signed URL.

Thank you!

Ste-RH and Chris-RH like this.
  23. LevonRavel

LevonRavel

Hello, Reaching out to see how much memory is cached when opening a video locally.. Say that its a 8GB file we are opening is the file completely loaded into memory or is it streamed in as chunks.. If its streamed in as chunks how much memory is used? Is there a way to specify how big we would like that buffer to be if any?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
  24. rosssssss

rosssssss

Hi - do you know if it's possible to convert an audio stream from stereo to mono when played via the AVPro player on the Android platform? I think i can see you have ways to redirect the audio output on Windows but not on Android - is that correct? Is there nothing at all we can do if we want the audio streamed with the video? thanks

25. Ste-RH

Ste-RH

You want to be setting AudioOutput in the MediaPlayer component to 'Unity'. Then if you look in AudioOutputManager.cs at the RequestAudio function you will see audio from the decoded video is manipulated in a few ways. This is where you will want to be writing and additional functionality your use-case requires.

26. Ste-RH

Ste-RH

I am afraid there is not enough information provided to answer completely. You might be best opening a question issue on Github for this one.

27. Ste-RH

Ste-RH

AVPro Video version 2.6.7 has just been released!

Changes include:

Windows
    • Fixes
      • Float epsilon issue due to float precision change actioned inside the Facebook 360 library load fixed
    macOS
    • Fixes
      • #1317 Fixed issue with audio capture not being correct due to sample rate change as a result of audio route change
    iOS
    • Fixes
      • #1259 Fixed issue with incorrect output being assigned when voice over is activated
      • #1367 Added support for videos where multiple audio tracks are set as enabled

Download Links

Editions

Core Edition
    Core Windows Edition
    Core Android Edition
    Ultra Edition

28. luke_unity953

luke_unity953

Sorry for poor english,

our target platfrom are android and ios,

I know that when i playback recording result using MediaPlayer, i can use "Audio Output" component and apply Unity's AudioSource and AudioMixerGroup for audio manipulation.

but, I wanna get recording result that already unity's AudioMixerGroup filters applied.
    (= i wanna modify sounds in recorded result using AudioMixerGroup because we don't want to share user's original recording voices.)

1. In case of using "CaptureFromTexture" with "microphone" audio source options, is there any way to apply AudioMixerGroup to input microphone source?(i wanna record AudioMixerGroup filtered sounds)

2. in case of finished recording, Can i edit recording result to apply AudioMixerGroup and save(load recording file -> change original sound to AudioMixerGroup applied one Immediately -> resave)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2022
  29. FyndNorway

FyndNorway

Hi, I'm debugging and wondering if I could have some thoughts from you as well. I have a problem where I'm trying to play a 360 stereo video on Android (Quest) and it's playing the audio, but the video is just black. The video is loaded from persistentDataPath. The scene setup is the same as in your 360SphereVideo demo scene.

An important note here is that I set up a new unity project trying to do the same thing, and it works. In our existing larger project, I get the black video. So it seems it's not an issue with the unity or plugin version.

More details:
    AVPro version 1.11.7
    Unity version 2019.4.11
    Rendering: multi pass
    Graphics API: OpenGLES3
    Stereo material shader: InsideSphere Unlit (Stereo) - Android OES ONLY

Media player:
    Visual/Video Mapping: Unknown
    Visual/Stereo Packing: Top Bottom
    Android/Preferred Video API: Exo Player
    Android/Use Fast OES Path: true

What settings should I look at to fix this issue?

30. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

Hi @FyndNorway

Have you added the "UpdateStereoMaterial” component script to your scene?

Kind regards,
    Chris

31. FyndNorway

FyndNorway

Thanks for your reply @Chris-RH. Yes, we do have that. An update from me: turning off OES and changing the shader made it work. But from what I understand we would prefer to have OES enabled for performance and framerate. I can also note that I do not get any errors or warnings in the console.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2022
  32. Ste-RH

Ste-RH

!! Announcement !!

Support over the holiday period 2022/2023

Hi all,

Just a quick post to let everyone know when the AVPro team will be (mostly) away from our keyboards over the coming holiday period. Support requests will be addressed at a slower pace through the week commencing 19th December 2022, and responses will likely not happen through the week commencing 26th December 2022. This will pick up again to a regular service on Tuesday 3rd January 2023.

A huge thank you to everyone who has helped to make the AVPro assets that little bit better with each passing year. It really would not exist without developers embracing it for their projects, reporting issues with clarity and detail, and just generally being a very excellent people! The team at RenderHeads are are very excited looking into 2023, where we hope to bring you even more desired enhancements to the AVPro asset family, as well as new tools to help make development that little bit easier, exciting, and enjoyable.

Happy Holidays!

33. Ste-RH

Ste-RH

AVPro Video v1.x was deprecated almost 2 years ago and we stopped officially supporting it almost 18 months ago.

That said, I have fired up a project here to to test. The demo360 scene plays back a stereo video using OES and multi-pass exactly as it should do. You do not state you are using the trial version, but just in case...OES is not supported in the trial version.

Random memory recollection. 'Low overhead mode' used to cause issue with OES. Here are the XR settings I used (they are default I believe).

upload_2022-12-15_18-23-24.png

34. FyndNorway

FyndNorway

I totally understand @Ste-RH, I'm sorry to bring up such old versions for troubleshooting but I am in fact maintaining a legacy project myself :rolleyes: I completely understand. I only wanted to see if this was something you had any ideas about, I will try out the low overhead mode now and see if that helps anything. Thanks again and happy holidays!

Chris-RH likes this.
  35. richard80

richard80

hi, i could not find any info about keying in current version, only transparant video. Maybe i overlook, but it seems it was beiing in development? Is keying somehow available?

36. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

richard80 likes this.
  37. richard80

richard80

38. jumana-s3d

jumana-s3d

Hi AndrewRH, Chris-RH, Ste-RH
    I have a Unity2018 project with AVPro 1.11.5 version. My project is a PC VR project (Mainly for Rift and quest connected to the PC as a Rift), when I play the project I can hear the sound coming from the headset accept when I play the 360 video. The sound automatically switched to the speakers.
    Is there a way to force the sound always to come from the headset even if in the window settings it sets to speakers?
    I tried writing the device name and it didn't work.
    Thank You!

39. rosssssss

rosssssss

Hello we're using AVPro 2.5.2 at the moment - running mostly on Android - is there anyway to get the SMPTE timecode from an HLS stream? I think Player.TextureProducer.GetTextureTimeStamp() returns the Presentation Timestamp - but we need to sync multiple different streams... i.e. multiple live feeds and need to be able to get the per-frame SMPTE timecode. Thanks

40. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

Hi @richard80,

We don't have a timeline for it I'm afraid. By all means add your enthusiasm for the enhancement on the github page; we are a very small team, so would certainly focus more on supporting the most popular enhancements.

Kind regards,
    Chris

41. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

Hi @jumana-s3d,

AVPro Video version 1.x is depreciated, so its not really supported anymore.

In the Platform Specific options for Windows, did you select Facebook Audio 360 and then Force Audio Device to the chosen device?
    Is the audio encoded with the Opus codec?
    Did you follow the instructions in the manual?

Kind regards,
    Chris
    rift.jpg

42. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

Hi @rosssssss,

Unfortunately we don't currently have support for timed metadata. I've added it to our github as a future enhancement (https://github.com/RenderHeads/UnityPlugin-AVProVideo/issues/1414)

Kind regards,
    Chris

43. jumana-s3d

jumana-s3d

Hi Chris-RH, I followed the manual, yes.
    The thing is that I'm also using the meta Quest with the link on my PC so its name is "Headphones (Oculus Virtual Audio Device)" and I'm uploading the app on the Oculus Store to by played by either the rift or the quest with a link.
    Your solution as working with the Rift but not with the quest with the link :(

44. dawnr23

dawnr23

hello,

=======Oculus Quest2 Error=======================================
    2022-12-22 13:42:08.800 10708 10729 Error Unity AndroidJavaException: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: No implementation found for void com.renderheads.AVPro.Video.Manager.nativeDestroy(int) (tried Java_com_renderheads_AVPro_Video_Manager_nativeDestroy and Java_com_renderheads_AVPro_Video_Manager_nativeDestroy__I)
    2022-12-22 13:42:08.800 10708 10729 Error Unity java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: No implementation found for void com.renderheads.AVPro.Video.Manager.nativeDestroy(int) (tried Java_com_renderheads_AVPro_Video_Manager_nativeDestroy and Java_com_renderheads_AVPro_Video_Manager_nativeDestroy__I)
    2022-12-22 13:42:08.800 10708 10729 Error Unity at com.renderheads.AVPro.Video.Manager.nativeDestroy(Native Method)
    2022-12-22 13:42:08.800 10708 10729 Error Unity at com.renderheads.AVPro.Video.Manager.DestroyPlayer(Manager.java:8)
    2022-12-22 13:42:08.800 10708 10729 Error Unity at com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer.nativeRender(Native Method)
    2022-12-22 13:42:08.800 10708 10729 Error Unity at com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer.access$300(Unknown Source:0)
    2022-12-22 13:42:08.800 10708 10729 Error Unity at com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer$e$1.handleMessage(Unknown Source:95)
    2022-12-22 13:42:08.800 10708 10729 Error Unity at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:105)
    2022-12-22 13:42:08.800 10708 10729 Error Unity at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:227)
    2022-12-22 13:42:08.800 10708 10729 Error Unity at com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer$e.run(Unknown Source:20)
    2022-12-22 13:42:08.800 10708 10729 Error Unity at UnityEn

upload_2022-12-22_13-45-11.png

==============================================================

When loading a scene with avpro video asynchronously, the above error log occurs. Is there any way to solve it?

Even if an error occurs, the function works normally.

The platform and device where the error occurs is Android Oculus Quest2, and the corresponding log does not occur in Unity Editor.

The AVPro Video version log is shown below.
    [AVProVideo] Initialising AVPro Video v2.3.1 (native plugin v2.3.0f1-core) on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER/Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1] (MT True) on WindowsEditor

45. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

Hi @dawnr23,

Could you update to the latest version of AVPro please and see if you still have issues.

Kind regards,
    Chris

46. LimitlessMan

LimitlessMan

Why the "StartTime" property of a "TimeRange" gives 0 when the video starts at 0.153 ???
    I created a new project and I opened a provided video.

https://imgur.com/a/HSgHnEb

I add this code to show data :
    [ContextMenu("Show Media Information")]
    public void ShowMediaInformation()
    {
    TimeRange timelineRange = GetTimelineRange();
    MediaPlayer mediaPlayer = _mediaPlayer;

Debug.Log("");
    Debug.Log("Current Time (MediaPlayer) : " + mediaPlayer.Control.GetCurrentTime().ToString());
    Debug.Log("Duration (MediaPlayer) : " + mediaPlayer.Info.GetDuration().ToString());
    Debug.Log("---------------------------------------------");
    Debug.Log("startTime (timelineRange) : " + timelineRange.startTime.ToString());
    Debug.Log("duration (timelineRange) : " + timelineRange.duration.ToString());
    Debug.Log("duration (EndTime) : " + timelineRange.EndTime.ToString());
    Debug.Log("---------------------------------------------");
    Debug.Log("DurationFrames (MediaPlayer) : " + mediaPlayer.Info.GetDurationFrames().ToString());
    Debug.Log("MaxFrameNumber (MediaPlayer) : " + mediaPlayer.Info.GetMaxFrameNumber().ToString());
    Debug.Log("VideoFrameRate (MediaPlayer) : " + mediaPlayer.Info.GetVideoFrameRate().ToString());
    }

47. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

Hi @LimitlessMan

I believe this is the difference between the length of the audio and video tracks

48. LimitlessMan

LimitlessMan

Ok, so the audio or the video begin at 0,153 secondes and the other begin at 0.
    But I can't seek video to 0. Why can't I do that?

(I upgrate to the last revision)

49. Ste-RH

Ste-RH

AVPro Video version 2.7.0 has just been released!

Changes include:

General
    • Fixes
      • #1391 Fixed pause/play issue on disabled MediaPlayers when coming applications regain focus
      • Addressed some script warnings introduced in Unity 2022.2
    Android
    • Changes
      • Upgraded ExoPlayer from 2.18.1 to 2.18.2
    Windows
    • Changes
      • Code homogenisation across the AVPro family of products
    • Fixes
      • #1390 Fix for D3D12 editor hang on Inspector preview
      • Notch videos will no longer get stuck on lower performant PC hardware
      • Texture frame pool crash addressed
      • HLS resolution changes will no longer exhibit a black frame (D3D11), or crash (D3D12)

Download Links

Editions

Core Edition
    Core Windows Edition
    Core Android Edition
    Ultra Edition

50. Ste-RH

Ste-RH

AVPro Video version 2.7.1 has just been released!

Changes include:

Android
    • Fixes
      • #1313 Another fix offered for looping sync problem when piping audio into Unity
      • #1416 Fix for inconsistent eye rendering when using URP + OES + Multi-pass VR
    macOS/iOS/tvOS
    • Fixes
      • Fixed issue when using "System Direct With Capture" audio mode

Download Links

Editions

Core Edition
    Core Windows Edition
    Core Android Edition
    Ultra Edition