Search Unity

[Released] AVPro QuickTime (DEPRECATED)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AndrewRH, Jul 4, 2012.

1. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi David, I suspect this is because you are using Unity 5.1? There was an issue with this but now a version with fixed Unity 5.1 support has just been released. If you're still having issues please email us with more details.

Thanks,

2. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi, thanks for the kind comments! The audio from our plugin isn't played via Unity so it bypasses all of Unity's 3d/positional sound processing. It should be able to play movies with 5.1/7.1 audio tracks but currently they won't react to any positioning inside of Unity...

3. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Version 3.02 has just been released. This version mainly fixes compatibility with the newly released Unity 5.1.

Links:
    Purchase at the Unity Asset Store
    Visit Website (FREE demo download and detailed docs)

Thanks,

4. tlutz

tlutz

Excellent! Thank you!

5. JulioLin

JulioLin

Hi,

I’ve tried to display a stream video using AVPro Quicktime.
    The result video quality was too low, so I checked the log and found:

[AVProQuickTime] loaded movie rtsp://aaa.bbb.tv/live/mp4:aaa-test_361[160x120 @ 2.793968E-07hz] YCbCr 3579140 sec 1 frames

The source mp4 stream video format is 480(w) x 480(h),
    but somehow the system has mistaken it to 160(w) x 120(h).

Does something wrong with my setting? Is there any solution can fix it?
    Please help! Thank you!

Edit:
    We upload our stream via ffmpeg with following commands:

ffmpeg -y -video_size 640x480 -f dshow -i video="myWebcam":audio="myMIC" -c:v libx264 -r 24 -pix_fmt yuv420p -filter:v crop=480:480:80:0,yadif -g 24 -crf 25 -preset faster -tune fastdecode -c:a libvo_aacenc -ac 2 -ab 64k -ar 22050 -movflags +faststart -f flv rtmp://123.456.789.012/live/tv/mp4:sss

Julio

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  6. prismpeppe

prismpeppe

Hi, I'm trying the demo to see if it works with a streaming url http://techslides.com/demos/sample-videos/small.mp4 but it doesn't! It's not able to load the video!!

Any suggestions or configuration fix?
    Thanks

Edit: Now it works... I had to clear the folder filed!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  7. andygaga

andygaga

Hi Andrew,

I built a demo with unity3d 5.1.1 and latest AvPro quicktime and Oculus sdk.
    It works well in windows7 with Oculus Rift for both 2k and 4k video.
    However, in windows8, it can play 2k video in Oculus Rift, but not for 4k video. Oculus Rift screen is black.
    Do you know what is the problem? Both win7 and win8 installed latest quicktime player.
    Thanks.

8. JulioLin

JulioLin

Hi Andrew,

By your help! It works wonderfully now!
    Our 480x480 stream plays perfectly.

A big thanks to you!

Julio

9. kta

kta

Hi Andrew,

I downloaded the trail version of the plugin, and build a demo scene into a standalone application. The video fails to play and objects remain black, is this intended ? I am able to play the demo scene within the editor.

I am using Unity 4.6.1.f1 on Windows 7 64-bit OS.

Ta!

10. MarkVincent

MarkVincent

Can't get PlayVideoDemo to work :(

Mac OSX 10.9.5
    Unity 5.1.1p4
    AVPro QT 3.0.2 (demo)

Lot's of error messages when trying to play in Editor.

Couldn't open Assets/Plugins/AVProQuickTime.bundle/Contents/MacOS/UnityQT, error: dlopen(Assets/Plugins/AVProQuickTime.bundle/Contents/MacOS/UnityQT, 2): no suitable image found.

Build to Android device (running 4.4) is successful but movie isn't loaded and GUI doesn't show.

Please advise!

Thank you.

11. highlyinteractive

highlyinteractive

I just tried to set up a new Standalone project - seem to be getting the same errors as MarkVincent

OS X 10.10.4
    Unity 5.1.2p1

This is the first time I've tried to use AV Pro with Unity 5 - have numerous projects working fine in Unity 4

Thanks

12. toudouhou

toudouhou

Hi, Andrew.
    I use the latest AVPro QuickTime(3.0.2) and Unity 4.6.5.
    Now I got the problem is when I close the transparent video using UnloadMovie().
    I have a change to got the crash.

I found the problem was fixed in 2.90.
    So I don't know how to fix it.
    Could you help me?

Thanks.

13. toudouhou

toudouhou

Update the error message.

Then the program is crashed.

Attached Files:

14. toudouhou

toudouhou

Now I found other question and I don't know that is same.

When I load the video continuously (open and close) the program will be crashed.

DynamicHeapAllocator out of memory - Could not get memory for large allocationCould not allocate memory: System out of memory!
    Trying to allocate: 4194304B with 4 alignment. MemoryLabel: NewDelete
    Allocation happend at: Line:0 in Overloaded New[]
    Memory overview

[ ALLOC_DEFAULT ] used: 16424265B | peak: 0B | reserved: 25128928B

[ ALLOC_GFX ] used: 8628745B | peak: 0B | reserved: 13631492B

[ ALLOC_CACHEOBJECTS ] used: 1324B | peak: 0B | reserved: 10485760B

[ ALLOC_TYPETREE ] used: 0B | peak: 0B | reserved: 0B

[ ALLOC_PROFILER ] used: 1980B | peak: 0B | reserved: 8388608B

d3d: failed to create 2D texture id=359 w=1024 h=1024 mips=1 d3dfmt=21 [out of memory]

Have any idea?

15. hmb3141

hmb3141

Hi, I've just purchased AVpro Quicktime. I need to get it working with an Oculus DK2 on windows and osx. Could somebody please confirm I'm on the rights tracks with my my thoughts.

1. AvPro will only work with Unity 5 if I am using the 32-bit editor for windows
    2. Nobody had successfully built for windows 8, using unity 5, in conjunction with the oculus

So is my best choice to just go with 4.6?

16. dizzymediainc

dizzymediainc

Hello,

I have downloaded the trail from your website but upon importing and starting the demo scenes I receive errors, I realized this is only compatible with the 32bit version of the engine but I use 64bit, that's unfortunate.

Is it like this in the paid version as well?

17. pansit_

pansit_

Hi, I'm considering purchasing this plugin so I tried to get the Trial version so work. Unfortunately I get a bunch of errors like the following:

[AVProQuickTime] Unity couldn't find the DLL. Please move the 'Plugins' folder to the root of your project, and then restart Unity.
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    AVProQuickTimeManager:Init() (at Assets/AVProQuickTime/Scripts/Components/AVProQuickTimeManager.cs:84)
    AVProQuickTimeManager:Awake() (at Assets/AVProQuickTime/Scripts/Components/AVProQuickTimeManager.cs:57)

How can I fix this?
    [Edit] As advised by the error message, I tried moving the folder Plugins to the root of the Project. No effect.

Also, in case of a purchase, is it possible to get a full refund if the plugin does not fit my needs?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  18. darrencperry

darrencperry

Hey Andrew and Renderheads, great plugins!

I'm using AVProQuicktime in combination with AVProMovieCapture. When I capture in 'Offline' mode, the AVProQuicktime videos arent' respecting the frame by frame render, so I'm missing frames of the videos and they're shooting off ahead of the offline render...

Any ideas about stopping this from happening? I'm mainly using AVProQuicktime for it's ability to play transparent videos, so in some cases I can revert to the Unity ogv video playback and their timelines are respected in offline mode...

Hope you can help!

Thanks
    Darren

19. darrencperry

darrencperry

Are you using the 32bit Editor? I got stuck with this for a while too, you can choose the 32 bit editor from the Additional Downloads button on the Download page https://unity3d.com/get-unity/download?ref=personal

20. darrencperry

darrencperry

I figured out a hacky way to keep the framerate in line, forcing the frame number on Update... Seems to work for me for now!

21. t_kaniatobe

t_kaniatobe

Any idea on timing for Unity 5.x support on Mac? Would love to buy this plugin if I can get it working...

22. rastleks

rastleks

Unhandled Exception: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

What i can do with this problem? I can't find solution anywhere... I can't build a project because it...

23. HsinChien

HsinChien

I used Unity 5.2f3 and the plugin gives me dll not found error. what is the problem? do I need to wait for the new built?

24. Jashengmato

Jashengmato

This plugin doesn't support 64bit editor, try download 5.2 32bit version.

25. RadianSmile

RadianSmile

[edit 11/3] : I discover that this plugin do not support ios in the documentation QQ

----------

Unable to resolve pinvoke method 'AVProQuickTimePlugin:Init

My operation system is OSX 10.10.5 , Xcode 7.0
    My Unity version is 4.6.9f1 Pro ,and I build the demo scene [PlayVideoDemo.unity] to iOS 9.1 ipad2 and iphone5 .

but I get following error in ocnsole : Unable to resolve pinvoke method 'AVProQuickTimePlugin:Init

error message :

error message after I set mono_log_level = debug

Is there something wrong ? I spent hours tried many build setting but got the same result.
    Please help > < ,Thanks for your generation.

26. Subliminalman

Subliminalman

I'm having an issue where the audio will play but the video does not show up. My code base worked before and I even created working builds a couple of months ago. Nothing changed but maybe the version of Unity but I tried with multiple versions all running 32 bit.

What I found is that in the AVProQuicktimeFormatConverter.cs file is that when it calls AVProQuickTimePlugin.GetFrameUploadCount(_movieHandle); in the UpdateTexture() function is that it always returns 0.

I'm not sure what to do since I haven't touched my code base in months but I need to do an update and this is holding me up.

27. liquify

liquify

@AndrewRH

I'm really interested in buying the AVPro QuickTime, because I have a project that requires playback functionality. I tried to run the demo (UnityPlugin-AVProQuickTime-v3.02-Trial - PlayVideoDemo.unity and PlayQueueDemo.unity) on Unity 5.1.1f1, but it doesn't work. There is an error:

"DllNotFoundException: AVProQuickTime"

What should I do to play the movies?

28. sloopidoopi

sloopidoopi

Did you use the 32 Bit version of the Unity editor?

29. liquify

liquify

No, I use Unity 5.1.1f1 64 bit. I don't have 32 bit Unity Editor

30. sloopidoopi

sloopidoopi

31. liquify

liquify

32. unisip

unisip

Hey I need to play MP4 videos with multiple audio tracks.
    Is there a way to select the audio track in code in AVPro QuickTime for Windows ?

33. shinichi88

shinichi88

hi @AndrewRH , I been using AVPRO QT for long time since Unity4.
    Now I'm trying to use it in Unity5.
    I'm using Mac 10.11.1, Unity 5.3.0f4, AVPRO QT 3.02. I know the plugin doesn't work in Editor.
    I can build Windows EXE and running fine.
    For Mac App, I could hear the video audio running, but the visual doesn't show. Could you please check out the problem. Thanks.

34. bdominguezvw

bdominguezvw

Are you going to update the plugin to be 5.3 compatible?

Now I have warnings with:

Assets/AVProQuickTime/Scripts/Components/AVProQuickTimeManager.cs(144,20): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.GL.IssuePluginEvent(int)' is obsolete: `IssuePluginEvent(eventID) is deprecated. Use IssuePluginEvent(callback, eventID) instead.'

And also I have videos that I have to rotate Z = 180 and scale X = -1 because the texture it's not correctly rendered (It's not a problem in my hierarchy, I have nothing rotated).

Thomas-Mountainborn likes this.
  35. kob123

kob123

Any word on when this plugin might be supported for Unity 5 but for OSX?

36. Thomas-Mountainborn

Thomas-Mountainborn

This is definitely game breaking, but it should be a very simple fix. When can we hope to see this resolved?

37. pool611

pool611

Hello everybody,
    I have a question that how to assign even frame of movie to one GameObject's texture and odd frame of movie to the other GameObject's texture.
    I tried
    void update(){
    if(_movie.MovieInstance.DisplayFrame % 2 == 0)
    {
    ApplyMapping(_movie.OutputTexture, _movie.MovieInstance.RequiresFlipY);
    }
    }
    in AVProQuickTime***Apply.cs
    but there is no effect:(. I need some advices.
    Thank all

38. ConquerExperience

ConquerExperience

Hi guys,

Love this plugin, it resolved a lot of issues when doing video in Unity 4. However, having migration issues on the upgrade to Unity 5. Here's some warnings/errors I'm seeing:

• Assets/AVProQuickTime/Scripts/Components/AVProQuickTimeManager.cs(144,20): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.GL.IssuePluginEvent(int)' is obsolete: `IssuePluginEvent(eventID) is deprecated. Use IssuePluginEvent(callback, eventID) instead.'

• Assets/AVProQuickTime/Scripts/Components/AVProQuickTimeMovie.cs(200,40): error CS0117: `System.IO.File' does not contain a definition for `WriteAllBytes'

• Assets/AVProQuickTime/Scripts/Components/AVProQuickTimeUGUIComponent.cs(137,33): warning CS0672: Member `AVProQuickTimeUGUIComponent.OnFillVBO(System.Collections.Generic.List<UnityEngine.UIVertex>)' overrides obsolete member `UnityEngine.UI.Graphic.OnFillVBO(System.Collections.Generic.List<UnityEngine.UIVertex>)'. Add the Obsolete attribute to `AVProQuickTimeUGUIComponent.OnFillVBO(System.Collections.Generic.List<UnityEngine.UIVertex>)'

I could use some help getting things rolling. Or maybe I need to switch licenses because x86 and Windows requirements have forced our VR development to effectively change platforms away from Mac.

39. Shivam_Dhoot

Shivam_Dhoot

Hey guies,

I am kinda stuck here. Earlier I was using AVPro Quick Time for my client (provided by him) to play Video in Unity 4.6.2f1.

Now I need to update that project to Unity 5.3.2 and after updating strange thing is happening, Audio plays but instead of Video I am getting empty screen and preview.

Gameplay.jpg
    And following is my Inspector configured for video file. Earlier it used to work but now its not working.

MoviePanel.JPG

Any help will be great if I can get...

40. Thomas-Mountainborn

Thomas-Mountainborn

Are you using the 32 bit Unity 5 editor? AVPro QuickTime is 32 bit only, and since Unity 5 the editor is 64 bit by default.

41. Shivam_Dhoot

Shivam_Dhoot

Yes Its 32bit.

42. jSlavens

jSlavens

Hello I am having issues with the plugin working in unity 5.3.2f1.

I am working on a project using hap video and integrating the Oculus DK2. Just a month ago I had the project working and was able to build out everything. Now all I get is "AVPROQuicktime.DLL not found, please move Plugins folder to root directory of project" when running inside the editor and when running a build I get a null reference exception that can be traced back to the missing DLL.

EDIT SOLUTION: turns out that my DK2 was x64 which conflicted with the x86 avpro plugin. I removed and re-imported the plugin for the oculus and unchecked the x86_64 to only import x86 and everything worked!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  43. jSlavens

jSlavens

Hey, I had the error regarding the "WriteAllBytes". Building for Web Player can cause this as its outdated and does not support the method. I would check your build settings.

44. Detoxer

Detoxer

Hi Andrew,
    Your plugin is really great.
    But, if the net is busy and the video is stucked when I'm playing url videos, why the player can't stop playing automatically? There is nothing for it to play, but the time axis is still on the go......How can I stop it, and what should I do to let it resume playing the video when the net is good?

45. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Yup this is true, we'll add a #if to remove that code if the platform is set to Web Player.

46. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

AVPro QuickTime does have limited streaming ability but it isn't that great and not something we've really focused on. Our new plugin AVPro Video has MUCH better streaming support. You can try the free trial version here.

Thanks,

47. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

This is strange. Are you using the latest version of AVPro QuickTime? Any luck resolving this?

48. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

We will release a version soon that fixes these issues. AVPro QuickTime plugin is very old now (first version was released in 2011). You should take a look at our new AVPro Video plugin. It has great cross-platform, streaming and VR support. You can find the free trial version here.

49. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Yes we're working on an update to resolve these issues now.

Thanks,

50. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

This plugin will unfortunately never support Unity 5 under OS X as it is 64-bit only and our plugin cannot be built for 64-bit systems. We have released a new plugin called AVPro Video which is heaps better, cross-platform, supports streaming and VR and also 64-bit. There is a free trial version downloadable from our website here.

Thanks,