Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] AVPro Movie Capture

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AndrewRH, Jan 24, 2012.

1. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

I'm afraid not....At least not soon. We're going to be discussing this internally soon so you never know....But currently no plans.

2. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

I'm not sure when this became the Vuforia support forum? :)

It looks like you need to click on each DLL file and use the Inspector to assign it's platform. I don't know how vuforia plugins work but I would expect there to be 2 DLLs, one 32-bit and one 64-bit.

3. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi,
    Unity's WebcamTexture class doesn't work with all cameras for some reason. This is why we created AVPro Live Camera which supports a huge range of cameras and capture cards. So I guess you could change to another webcam that is supported, or use both of our plugins.
    Both plugins have free trial versions so you can test to make sure it all works before purchase. We have used both for some of our projects to record videos of users and it has worked well. Any problems just email us. Thanks,

4. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

I'm afraid I'm not sure what you mean :(

5. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Are you saying that us used Windows build with AVPro Movie Capture to create the video but now it isn't playback on Android? Please email unitysupport@renderheads.com so we can help you resolve this issue. Please include a copy of the video file.

6. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi,

That is very odd! I'm not sure.. Version 2.72 should be the version available from the Asset Store. Are you using a very old version of Unity? Contact us if you're still having problems - unitysupport@renderheads.com so we can resolve this. Much has changed since version 2.02 :)

7. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi All,

Here's a beta of the new upcoming version: DOWNLOAD

We're hoping people will try it out and let us know about any issues. This release fixes a bunch of bugs and adds a scattering of new features. This is version 2.79beta and we hope to convert this into a proper release 2.80 with even more features.

Thanks!

Changes include:
    • New Features
      • New 360 degree equirectangular capture for VR (though we haven't yet created the component to make this easy yet. It will come in the proper release).
      • Better support for VR capture
      • Real motion blur feature for added quality to offline captures (BETA)
      • Captures from Camera can now be higher resolution than displayed allowing capture resolutions over 3840x2160
      • Captures from Camera can now have custom anti-aliasing settings (there are issues with this causing the camera to not render to screen while capturing).
    • Changes
      • Added 75, 90 and 120 FPS capture modes for VR
      • Added variables to disable vsync and frame rate changing
      • Stop function now has parameter to skip processing of any pending frames - useful for canceling a capture quickly. Also added new CancelCapture function which stops capturing fast and deletes the capture file.
      • Better capture of physics simulations in off-line capture mode
      • Now stops recording when disk space is too low instead of crashing
      • Added setting to start capturing in a paused state
      • Dropped support for older versions of Unity, project now built with Unity 4.6
      • Tested up to Unity 5.4.0
      • Project files rearranged
    • UI / Workflow
      • Component editor layout improvements
    • Optimisations
      • Capture from Camera and RenderTexture much faster
    • Bug fixes
      • Fixed linear color-space capture issues
      • Fixed crash bug on 64-bit builds when creating lots of captures
      • Fixed audio recording latency issue when using pause/resume
      • Fixed audio capture from Unity non-threaded issue causing clicks in recordings
      • Fixed codecs not showing config options sometimes

8. FaramirTFK

FaramirTFK

Hi there, great plugin first of all.

I want to set the name of the output file name, but i don´t want the stamp of the time in it, i have tryed to change the force filename by code but doesn´t seems to switch, i´m sure there will be an option, this situation seems pretty usual.

Thanks.

9. FaramirTFK

FaramirTFK

Omg, no comments needed, so obvious and i didn´t see it...

10. iajbenho

iajbenho

i can't seem to record mp4 format with audio i tried -with mpeg layer 3 but still no audio installed mp4mux.dll, when i use uncompressed when i played the video windows media player say, "your computer is running low in memory"

11. Gnorizo

Gnorizo

Hello. I love this plugin. I'm only having one issue, and I'm hoping someone can help. I'm using the scripts AVProMovieCaptureFromTexture and AVProUnityAudioCapture to capture video from a RenderTexture and audio from Unity.

If the parameter "Is Real Time" is turned on, then both audio and video are captured, but the audio doesn't play back at a consistent rate. It speeds up and slows down, making it unusable.

However, if "Is Real Time" is turned off, then audio isn't captured at all. The VU meter on the AVProUnityAudioCapture script shows that audio data is being buffered, yet it is not captured and stored into the avi file.

My preference is to have "Is Real Time" turned off, so we can ensure no frames are dropped. I just need it to capture audio as well. I'm using the current latest version of AVPro Movie Capture (v2.72) on the Unity store.

Thank you!

12. Ocudos

Ocudos

Hi
    One Question
    This plugin make videos with slow motion effect in webcamtexture ?

Thank you...

13. gnp

gnp

Hi,

An error come up while I try to record video in MP4.The error is " Failed to Create recorder". Where I have install other codec as well(Xvid codec).

It work with avi but not on mp4.

Develop on Windows 10.

Thanks

14. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Did you install the GDCL MPEG4 Muxer? If not, check the documentation for steps :)

15. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Yes there is an issue with lag in v2.72. We're addressing this now. If you try the latest beta version it should be resolved and performance should be improved.

16. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hmm that's strange that it says running low on memory.... Yes it currently only works with uncompressed audio. This is something we're currently looking at improving. Thanks,

17. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Does it make a different which resolution the webcamtexture is in?

18. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi All,

New beta trial of AVPro Movie Capture can be downloaded here.

This version is pretty stable now but there are still a few things for us to do before this becomes an official release. We're hoping to release it next week though.

Feedback welcome.

Thanks,

19. CosmicLab2

CosmicLab2

Hi, having a crash issue with AVpro Movie Capture 2.72 in editor play mode. I can capture once, but any subsequent times I try to play the game it crashes at start. The only fix is to restart the PC, or remove all AVproMC scripts from the hierarchy. Looking in the error log I saw "DeckLink64.dll caused an Access Violation". So uninstalled BlackMagic, and the problem is solved. But sometimes I need both AVproMC and AVpro Live Camera using BlackMagic Shuttle, so uninstalling BlackMagic isn't really a long term option.
    Also, after a clean install of BlackMagic, with the streamingServer startup item enabled in windows task manager, unity will crash the first time I try to play. So I guess the reason I was able to capture once after restart is that I had blackMagic startup item disabled in windows task manager, ie blackMagic only started after AVproMC had started.

Crash log and screenshot can be found here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vnksxmi5pypaqxa/AABvzCobP-ay6uMwrfx3LyNea?dl=0

PC info:
    i7-4710MQ, GTX 860M, 16GB ram, Windows 10
    unity 5.3.5f1
    AVpro Movie Capture 2.72
    BlackMagic DesktopVideo 10.5.4, also tried 10.7

Thanks!

20. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Thanks for reporting this. Hmmm, we have not seen this before. I will plug my decklink hardware in and give this a test :) Will let you know.

21. Rainking

Rainking

Hi,
    I bought this plugin yesterday. Can you please explain why the result video is mirrored on X and Y axes? How can I chang this to normal?

It happens with all codecs.

Kind regards,
    Tino

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  22. Creative_labs_Studio

Creative_labs_Studio

Hello, I have large perfomence issues with this plugin. I am attempting to capture a webcam texture with a transparent video layer ontop (Using your great AVPRO Windows Media Plugin).
    The app is running with a steady frame rate but when I start the capture process, It really slows down and only returns to normal when the capture is done.
    Inside the editor I get better performence when I try to capture the scene but still not perfect.
    I use Lagarith codec and applied the settings recommended in the PDF file.

Hardware:
    i7-4770S 3.10GHz, 8 GB Ram, Radeon HD8800M
    Windows 8.1 Pro, 64 bit
    Unity 5.3.5f1
    AVPRO Movie Capture 2.72

Hope you can help me, Thank you!

23. PhiseG1

PhiseG1

Hello,
    You've said on 1st july 2016 that the version 2.81 in beta will be released officialy in a short time (I think it's compatible with Unity 5.4) but the version on the asset store stills show 2.72 (26 fev 2016). I would like to buy this plugin (last version if possible) but I want to be sure that it works with Unity 4.6 and 5.3.

Can you confirm that to me ?

Best regards,
    Phil

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  24. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi Phil,

Yes the upgrade has taken longer than expected. We have posted a few beta versions since then and we're almost ready to release the official update. It will indeed be compatible with Unity 4.6 - 5.4. I look forward to posting the new version announcement in this thread soon.

Thanks,

25. Killersan

Killersan

Hi,

I want to buy Your product but I would like to see the newest version of it in the asset store. Beta 2.8.1 trial was released more than a month ago and still no update on the Asset Store. Is there any chance that after purchase I could get newest version without "Trial" mark on the video ?

Best Regards,
    Marcin

26. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi Marcin,

Yes certainly. If you email unitysupport@renderheads.com with your PDF invoice attached then we can send you the latest beta version without the watermark. We're also getting really close to a proper release date now.
    Thanks,

27. Killersan

Killersan

Purchase done, mail sent, waiting for the beta version without watermark.
    Thanks in advance.

28. puppetheap

puppetheap

Hi, I have recently downloaded the plugin to capture a Alpha channel video. I'm using Uncompressed, 24frames/sec and when I bring it into Premiere, I get flickering video that's unusable. Seems to be the same result no matter what frame rate Im using. Wondering if you've seen such a thing..

thanks!

29. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Done, the full beta has been shared with you - thanks!

30. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi, please download the new version (v2.90 just released) as it should fix this issue. Thanks,

31. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi Everyone,

AVPro Movie Capture version 2.90 has just been released!

You can find the updated version on the Asset Store and the free trial version / demos on our website.

Changes include:

New Features
    • New 360 degree equirectangular capture for VR
    • Better support for VR capture
    • Real motion blur feature for added quality to offline captures (BETA)
    • Captures from Camera can now be higher resolution than displayed allowing capture resolutions over 3840x2160
    • Captures from Camera can now have custom anti-aliasing settings
    • Experimental Media Foundation H.264 (MP4) encoder
    Changes
    • Added 75, 90 and 120 FPS capture modes for VR
    • Added variables to disable vsync and frame rate changing
    • Stop function now has parameter to skip processing of any pending frames - useful for canceling a capture quickly. Also added new CancelCapture() function which stops capturing fast and deletes the capture file.
    • Better capture of physics simulations in off-line capture mode
    • Now stops recording when disk space is too low instead of crashing
    • Added setting to start capturing in a paused state
    • Dropped support for older versions of Unity, project now built with Unity 4.6
    • Tested up to Unity 5.4
    • Project files rearranged
    UI / Workflow
    • Editor window layout improvements
    • Component editor layout improvements
    Optimisations
    • Capture from Camera and RenderTexture much faster
    Bug fixes
    • Fixed linear color-space capture issues
    • Fixed crash bug on 64-bit builds when creating lots of captures
    • Fixed audio recording latency issue when using pause/resume
    • Fixed audio capture from Unity non-threaded issue causing clicks in recordings
    • Fixed codecs not showing config options sometimes
    Thanks,

32. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi Everyone,

AVPro Movie Capture version 2.92 has just been released!
    You can find the updated version on the Asset Store and the free trial version / demos on our website.

Changes include:
    • Fixed support for capturing transparency
    • Improved robustness for enumeration of buggy audio devices
    • Update documentation
    Thanks,

33. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi Everyone,

AVPro Movie Capture version 2.94 has just been released!

Changes include:
    • Fixed issue where capture would freeze when vsync changed
    Thanks,

34. AbyssWanderer

AbyssWanderer

Hello everyone.

I am looking for a asset that can create video of 60 FPS from cut-scene of 15 FPS.
    The idea is to set highest quality settings in cut-scene that will drop FPS below playable - and then render each frame as long as it takes, without skipping any of frames.
    In other words, I would like to slow down gameplay so that engine renders and records each frame.

So the question is: can AVPro Movie Capture (or other RenderHeads products) do anything like this?
    Sorry if my explanation is not clear.

35. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

I understand. AVPro Movie Capture has a feature called "offline render" where it can capture to a target frame rate (and resolution), no matter the actual rendering rate. Feel free to test it our in the trial version.
    If you have any issues/questions just shout.
    Thanks,

36. AbyssWanderer

AbyssWanderer

Thank you very much, will definitely try it!

37. takealuke

takealuke

Hello,
    We are considering using this plugin for recording in our diving simulation standalone. One issue I foresee: We need to also capture the webcam video, but we don't want an overlay of the webcam to show on the screen fro the user/player.

Option 1: if this plugin can record two videos at once - we could post process (or just save two videos).

Option 2: is there some way to overlay have the plugin "see" a webcam overlay without the player seeing it?

38. vincismurf

vincismurf

I am trying to use your Plugin for in game captures

I have added the AVProMovieCaptureFromScene to a Gameobject in the scene, I dynamically start the recording with AVProMovieCaptureFromScene.StartCapture() and stop with AVProMovieCaptureFromScene.StopCapture(), I am currently using the default Lagarith Lossless Codec but have tried the others recommended. I have noticed that the resulting video may have 5-10 seconds of blackness. If I use the button on the component I do not have this issue. Is there an initialization routine I need to include in my code?

39. jbdDiota

jbdDiota

Hello,
    I updated my version of the plugin today (my version was quite old, I think it was a build from July 2015). It works very well inside Unity, it's really faster than what I was used to. So thank you for that.

However, when I use it in a standalone build, with the same parameters, nothing gets recorded. No error message is generated and I have exactly the same log output as I have in Unity Editor. The only (big) difference is that it doesn't record anything. The file is created, but is not readable and its size is always 64KB.
    Do you have any idea of what could cause this ?

40. proso

proso

Hi Andrew,
    I'm using avpro Movie Capture. I'm using AVProMovieCaptureFromScene and AVProMovieCaptureFromCamera and with Playmaker I use Invoke methode StartCapture and StopCapture. I noticed now that StartCapture still works in the newest version (2.94.1) but StopCapture not anymore. (CancelCapture works too). Unity sais it could not find this behaviour.
    Do you have any idea why I cannot stop the recording?

Yours,

Erwin

41. Nintenjo

Nintenjo

When capturing with alpha.. am i able to render particle FX into the alpha channel? I have done a quick test but i get strange results from the video output when particles i shown?

42. frankcyli

frankcyli

Question about AudioCapture with TextureCapture. I am using v2.94.

In the demo scene "TextureCaptureDemo", do these steps:
    1. Add AVProUnityAudioCapture to the main camera, disable it in the editor (so it's unchecked).
    2. In the AVProMovieCaptureFromTexture script on the main camera, write 1 into "Force audio Device index".
    3. for "Audio Capture", select the main camera
    4. Hit play in Unity
    5. Hit start capture

This is the error I get in the console:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
    2. Parameter name: sourceArray
    3. System.Array.Copy (System.Array sourceArray, Int32 sourceIndex, System.Array destinationArray, Int32 destinationIndex, Int32 length) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/Array.cs:946)
    4. AVProUnityAudioCapture.ReadData (System.Int32& length) (at Assets/AVProMovieCapture/Scripts/Components/AVProUnityAudioCapture.cs:85)
    5. AVProMovieCaptureBase.EncodePointer (IntPtr ptr) (at Assets/AVProMovieCapture/Scripts/Internal/AVProMovieCaptureBase.cs:532)
    6. AVProMovieCaptureBase.EncodeTexture (UnityEngine.Texture2D texture) (at Assets/AVProMovieCapture/Scripts/Internal/AVProMovieCaptureBase.cs:517)
    7. AVProMovieCaptureFromTexture.Capture () (at Assets/AVProMovieCapture/Scripts/Components/AVProMovieCaptureFromTexture.cs:92)
    8. AVProMovieCaptureFromTexture.UpdateFrame () (at Assets/AVProMovieCapture/Scripts/Components/AVProMovieCaptureFromTexture.cs:104)
    9. AVProMovieCaptureBase.Update () (at Assets/AVProMovieCapture/Scripts/Internal/AVProMovieCaptureBase.cs:991)

43. boxhallowed

boxhallowed

Can it capture frame by frame?

44. frankcyli

frankcyli

What do you mean? Are you not able to get the errors with the demo scenes with those steps?

45. felipesanmar1

felipesanmar1

Can I record stereoscopic with this asset?

46. luku

luku

Hi Team Renderheads,

I absolutely love your plugin, and can't thank you enough for all your hard work!

However, I've been having some issues attempting to record footage at 60fps with alpha at higher resolutions (2048x2048). When I attempt this using the camera component, I am seeing dropped frames (even without alpha). If I use the editor window, I am getting a consistent framerate, but I cannot record alpha. As a result, I have been having to record footage on a blue background and use a colour key in after effects.

Is there something I might be doing wrong? Or is it possible that higher resolution captures with alpha aren't as stable in their frame-rate due to needing to avoid the editor window?

Is it, or will it be possible in future to record offline alpha videos from the editor window at high resolutions?

47. tampa

tampa

HI
    1.I am using new WebCamTexture(instance.name, 1920, 1080, 30) not smooth .my camera 1080p?
    2.why my picture and audio Out of sync is capture?

48. johnluxford

johnluxford

I've started integrating your plugin into a scene and I'm seeing a big ~10ms GC.Collect spike occur whenever I start capturing.

I'm using AVProMovieCaptureFromTexture that's assigned a render texture via movieCapture.SetSourceTexture(renderTexture) before calling movieCapture.StartCapture(). Our game is running at 90fps and I'm recording at 30fps, so I'm seeing the spike every 3rd frame. The deep profile shows:

Code (CSharp):
    1. BehaviourUpdate
    2. - AVProMovieCaptureBase.Update()
    3.   - AVProMovieCaptureFromTexture.UpdateFrame()
    4.     - AVProMovieCaptureFromTexture.Capture()
    5.       - AVProMovieCaptureFromTexture.EncodeTexture()
    6.         - Texture2D.GetPixels32()
    7.           - Texture2D.GetPixels32()
    8.             - GC.Collect
    Some settings I'm using are:
    • Is Real Time = true
    • Codec = Lagarith
    • Texture size = 1920x1080
    • No alpha
    • Otherwise, default settings
    Any ideas I can try to avoid the GC hit?

Thanks!

Edit: I'm running Unity 5.4.3p3

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  49. mannixlo

mannixlo

Hi Team Renderheads,

I've got Editor crash when I force stop with movie capturing.

1. Create a new project and import the demo package.
    2. Open the scene under AVProMovieCapture/DemoScenes/WebcamCaptureDemo
    3. Click "Play" to run the scene
    4. Select my Logitech webcam by click "Play" beside.
    5. Click "Start Capture" with default setting.
    6. Capture started, and then click editor's "Play" button again.
    7. Editor will crash.

It is not 100% crash. It seems related to the "video length" which you recording.

Unity Editor Version: 5.4.2f2, 5.5.0f3, 5.5.0p4, 5.5.1f1.
    Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Thanks.

50. OneclickUnity

OneclickUnity

Hi, I've got the trial version of AVPro Capture.

When I record a video, I only hear the sound of the game itself. I also need to record the voice input through the microphone. Is this possible? If not, could it be set by code that audio input is active at all times at runtime?
    Currently, I can not set the audio input source, only the 'Unity' option appears to me. My plugin version is 2.94. (Trial).
    Unity 5.5.0
    Windows 10
    I would greatly appreciate your help.
    Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017