Search Unity

[Released] AVPro Movie Capture

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AndrewRH, Jan 24, 2012.

1. macropp

macropp

Hi, just trying out demo before buying the plugin. I'm having problems trying to record a scene which has Unity 5 Standard shaders with rendering mode of Transparent. First couple of frames seem to be recorded fine, but after that whole video is whitened and stays that way till the end. I'm sure this has to do something with transparent rendering, as I've tested my scene without them and recording turned out to be good.

EDIT: Nathan from Renderheads team got in touch with me. Problem seems to be occurring only when DX11 is targeted. I just changed to DX9 and everything's fine. So if anyone has the same problem and doesn't use DX11 features, you know what to do ;) Also Nathan said they'll look into this problem on DX11.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  2. Diet-Chugg

Diet-Chugg

Is this tool compatible for Web GL builds?

3. iamsam

iamsam

Hi Andrew, You had mentioned a few months back that an update was coming for Linear settings. Is this still in progress? Any ETA on when it will be released? We are planning on purchasing the plugin but are holding off as there has been no activity regarding updates in the past couple of months. There is always that fear of the plugin being abandoned.

S_Darkwell likes this.
  4. Hormic

Hormic

Ohh man, this was the reason for me to get only video captures trenched in blue.
    You should mention this issue prominently, i have tried all kind of things with the camera and the settings.

So video capture does not work without theses issues in the moment with linear color space setting!!

Audio:
    I have either video or audio but not both together.
    Audio recording is working with ATI MPEG Audio Encoder, but then i have only the audio source without picture in the avi, when i take Mp3 it doesn't work and i only have the video but no audio included, do you have a hint on that?

I have tried 2 other Audio codes GSM and i guess PCM and unity crashed, it was instantly frozen, had to shut it down via the taskmanager. I used the unity recording option with the audio script on the camera.

edit: i managed to record video and audio without errors in one avi file - wohoooo!!!
    some things behaved strange and it was not easy, but now with xvid codec and ATI Mpeg audio codec it worked finally.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  5. ts00651266

ts00651266

After using AVPro Movie Capture, I found that the memory increases by AVPro Movie Capture recording when start UNITY ,but won't release the memories of UNITY by ending the recording. So, how can I solve this problem?

p.s: The software I developed needs more than at lease over 30 times recording when everytimes I use.

6. AnthonyAckerman

AnthonyAckerman

Still no solution for the black video? I would like to use the captureFromScene but Ican't because of that.

7. jackworld

jackworld

Hi

Excuse me. I met some issues when use Unity3d AVPro Movie Capture tool. The biggest problem is the performance.
    Before i startCapture, The FPS is about 200, but after startCapture my FPS down to about 20 FPS. I notice the FPS is connected with the FrameRate which i set in the script.
    If I set the FrameRate to 60, then the game's FPS will about 60. when set the FrameRate to 15, then the game's FPS will about 15.
    The FrameRate shouldn't influence my game's FPS. I notice the code used in AVPro Movie Capture. The FrameRate is used to set Application.framerate or Time.framerate.
    This may be not reasonable. In fact , Most of time. I only want to record video with low FrameRate to save more time for game rendering.

Another problem is the captured video is not smoothly. When I change my camera's transform heavily, or when the FPS drop, the recorded video often stop. and jump to the end suddenly.

8. tom_willmowski

tom_willmowski

Hi!

Is there any possibility to mask AVPro Windows Media using Unity's UI -> Mask component ? If not then what is the best solution of this problem? I need achieve nice looking animation on displayed video.

9. adroitandy

adroitandy

Hi All,

I have been using the av pro movie capture for capturing the web cam to a video and av pro windows media plugin to playback the captured video. Everything is working fine on my windows 8 and below machine, but when I run the same app on windows 10 the video gets stuck after few minutes of playback especially after (4:20 secs). Is there an issue with some of the codecs on win 10, currently my codec priority for movie capture is set to -
    Xiph.Org Theora Encoder
    Cinepak Codec by Radius
    Xiph.Org Theora Encoder

Any tips would be really help ful.

Thanks
    Andy.

10. adroitandy

adroitandy

any updates on this avpro?

11. EwanRGR

EwanRGR

Can anyone speak to whether or not this runs ok with 5.3? Anyone from Renderheads still monitoring this thread?

12. artfish

artfish

As far as I can tell, this plugin is working fine in 5.3.3 recording audio and video as expected.

13. EwanRGR

EwanRGR

Just have to ask - when you say "As far as I can tell" does that mean you haven't done any particularly long clips or...?

Thanks!

14. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi All,

Just to let you know that we are working on an update to AVPro Movie Capture which should be out very soon. I hope we can address any issues people have had since the last version and also make some good performance and features boosts. Thanks,

15. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Update should be coming in a few days :) Any feature requests?

16. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Yup I've tested in 5.3.2 and seems to work just fine. Download the trial version and test yourself :)

17. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi Andy,

Your Windows 10 captures - did they use Cinepak codec or what? If you give me more information I can test here and get to the bottom of it. Email us unitysupport@renderheads.com with details - thanks!

18. iamsam

iamsam

Will the upcoming update include support for linear color space?

19. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Yes it will :)

S_Darkwell likes this.
  20. bosserelle-sylvain

bosserelle-sylvain

This new version will be available for mac ?

21. S_Darkwell

S_Darkwell

An animated .GIF file format option would be most excellent.

- S.

22. Tyen_

Tyen_

I would like the option to also output the individual frames as transparent png files.

S_Darkwell likes this.
  23. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

No it will still be Windows only I'm afraid.

24. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

I don't think this will happen unless there is a lot of demand :) It's pretty easy to convert captured videos (AVI/MP4) into an animated GIF anyway. Sorry about this but thanks for the suggestion!

S_Darkwell likes this.
  25. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Yup this is something we could add.. I'll see how the time goes this week.

26. S_Darkwell

S_Darkwell

No worries. I realized that it might be beyond the scope of your asset.

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Be well!

- S.

27. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Just an update about the upcoming new version of AVPro Movie Capture. The update is going well and we should have a new version out early next week.

One of the new features is the ability to export at resolutions higher than the editor/game viewport, so you can export at 4K if you want to (of course this can be slow but it's fine for offline rendering). There is also now the ability to set anti-aliasing settings for your capture targets to increase the quality.

Also all camera capturing is now directly from the GPU bypassing Unity, so it's much faster!

Finally there is a new equirectangular mode that lets you capture 360 degrees from a camera and render to a video file that is compatible with VR applications. We have a few other new things coming but I'll talk about those once they're more final.

Thanks,

S_Darkwell likes this.
  28. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Also a new experimental feature is coming - motion blur! This will allow you to add real motion blur to your offline renders to increase the quality. It's quite amazing the difference it makes. And because it's real motion blur (which renders all the in-between frames and blends them together instead of a fake post-process effect) it handles transparency without any problems. It can also be applied per-camera so that UI for example can remain motion-blur free. This feature will probably be classed as beta when we release the new version of the plugin just because it's so new. Thanks,

29. bosserelle-sylvain

bosserelle-sylvain

Hello
    for my application, I absolutely have a version running on mac. You use a lot of things specific to Windows? What are the problems you are having to make a plugin compatible with mac.

30. Aentropy

Aentropy

I am experiencing major audio being out of sync issues with AVPro Movie Capture. Many times, the audio is a second or more out of sync, this is a major issue on my project. Looks like this problem has been around for a while, here is a post about it back in 2013:

Has this been fixed or addressed or is this still a major issue? I need to get this working ASAP. Thanks.

31. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Thanks, we're continuing this off the forum via email :)

32. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Just time :) Too many other things to do!

33. bosserelle-sylvain

bosserelle-sylvain

so lack of time is often the problem. but do you think a mac version of quickly?

34. silentslack

silentslack

Hi,

Does the 360 degree capture include the ability to capture stereoscopic. For instance side by side or top to bottom?

Thanks!

35. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi silentslack. Not yet but it's going to :) Currently it's just mono.

36. itachi4365

itachi4365

Thanks for the great plugin. Its pretty easy to setup and very easy to get going with.
    I am facing a problem that my captured video is coming out to be blue, despite the demo scene working properly and giving out colored video. I am using Xvid MPEG-4 Codec to capture it. Can you please suggest anything??

37. Hormic

Hormic

had the same issue, it's blue with linear color space.

38. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

It seems the issue is that ColorSpace is set to Linear in your Player Settings. Try setting it to Gamma.
    Again this is something we have fixed and will be in the upcoming release. We have been a little bit delayed with it due to releasing the AVPro Video plugin. Now that that is out I am resuming focus to get the new version of AVPro Movie Capture out.

Thanks,

39. itachi4365

itachi4365

The color space was gamma only, but still I am getting the video output to be blue.

40. Nikovich

Nikovich

I opened a project that was using this plugin which worked has always fine. It was last opened in Unity 5.1.
    I opened it in 5.3, and now the videos are playing flipped vertically. I saw mentions of a flipping problem, but a few pages ago with much older versions of Unity and this plugin. I'm using v2.80 and I never had this problem before opening the project again.

41. blake_seow

blake_seow

Hi, I just purchased your product, great plugin!
    But the audio recording seems not working, I'm using x264vfw - H.264/MPEG-4 AVC codec for video codec.
    But no matter what codec I select for Audio, it will just crash the game. I tried on other computers, still crash. Without audio recording, it works fine.

Can you help me soft this problem?

42. El_boy

El_boy

Cool stuff! Any plans to make this available for android users? Cheers!

43. Burve

Burve

just downloaded latest unitypackage from Vitoria webpage and put in Unity (5.3.4f1) in empty project, was flowing manual https://developer.vuforia.com/library/articles/Solution/Compiling-a-Simple-Unity-Project and when I press Play I got 2 rather old (based on this forum) errors

Failed to load 'Assets/Plugins/VuforiaWrapper.dll', expected 64 bit architecture (IMAGE_FILE_MACHINE_AMD64), but was IMAGE_FILE_MACHINE_I386. You must recompile your plugin for 64 bit architecture.

Failed to load 'Assets/Plugins/VuforiaWrapper.dll', expected 64 bit architecture (IMAGE_FILE_MACHINE_AMD64), but was IMAGE_FILE_MACHINE_I386. You must recompile your plugin for 64 bit architecture.

Is that fixable for WIndows editor at all ?

44. Jacowaco

Jacowaco

Hi, in my office we are about to buy AVPro Movie Capture, but the WebcamCapture demo (which is what we need) doesn't get the camera going.
    The AVPro Live Camera does get the camera perfectly, but we need to make a program for an event that records the camera, adds a hud and saves a video to the computer.
    Will AVPro Movie Capture work alone? What could be making the camera not be recognized in this plugin but yes in the other? Do we need to buy both?

45. tsharath

tsharath

I would like to display key input characteristics on the GUI layer to be displayed on the Game panel. How do I do it? Could someone please help!

46. Jaekwang_Song

Jaekwang_Song

Now I'm building the demo scene..

And doesn’t appear video in Android phone..

Target testing models are Galaxy Note4, Note5

any idea?

47. JOEL-ROSIER-DEL-AGUILA

JOEL-ROSIER-DEL-AGUILA

I want to know why if i purchased this asset wich is at version 2.72 what i download is the 2.02 version from 2013.
    it has also the 2013 documentation...the plugin changed since then.

Also where is the update mentioned ?

Please developer answer to the people that buy your assets... to avoid confussions.

Attached Files:

48. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

If you are recording to MP4 container then you shouldn't set any audio compression codec - just use uncompressed. We hope to improve this soon but for now uncompressed should work.

Thanks,

49. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hmm strange! Well we have a new version coming out this week which will hopefully resolve this. It may be due to Direct3D11 now being forced as default. See if you switch back to D3D9 whether that solves it. Otherwise wait for the upcoming version.

50. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Strange. Could you email unitysupport@renderheads.com with details of your setup so we can investigate further? It also might be worthwhile trying to change your Unity Graphics API (in Player Settings) from D3D11 to D3D9 to see if that makes any difference. Thanks,