Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] AVPro Movie Capture

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AndrewRH, Jan 24, 2012.

1. WayneVenter

WayneVenter

@Ste-RH That was exactly what I was looking for, will test it in the Android build. I was missing those last three commands.

Ste-RH likes this.
  2. Ste-RH

Ste-RH

Excellent.

For reference, and this higlighted code in the screen shot below is the change that will be coming in the next build...in case you wish to change it locally in advance such that you don't have to change the instantiation code on your next asset update...

upload_2022-9-23_16-11-33.png

3. jsr2k1

jsr2k1

Hi,

I've got a problem with AVPro Movie Capture v5.0.4 and Unity v.2020.3.34

In my project with HDRP and DXR enabled, if I add the component "CaptureFromCamera" to any GameObject, when I press Play the shadows disappear. This happens with directional, spot and point lights. When I stop the execution, shadows are still missing. I use Shadow Maps with Screen Space Shadows. I've tested several combinations and the only one that works is when I use Ray Traced Shadows, but I don't want this always.

I've tried with Unity v.2021.3.8 and it works properly.

So, the steps to reproduce the error are:
    - Install Unity v.2020.3.34
    - Add package AVPro Movie Capture v5.0.4
    - Run HDRP Wizard, select tab HDRP+DRX
    - Fix all points
    - Create a scene with meshes and one light
    - Add CaptureFromCamera component to the camera
    - Hit Play

We are planning to upgrade to Unity 2021, but meanwhile we need this to work properly in Unity 2020.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance

4. jsr2k1

jsr2k1

Any suggestion about this?

5. Ste-RH

Ste-RH

We have tried to reproduce this here following your steps and not been able to. Maybe you can email over a sample project showing the issue?

6. Thaina

Thaina

`PhotoLibrary` and `RelativeToPictures` and `RelativeToVideos` seem to not work in android 11 because changing permission system. The function `getExternalStoragePublicDirectory` also deprecated

7. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

Hi @Thaina

1. In Player Setting, change Write Permission from Internal to External (SD Card)
    2. In Player Setting, enable "Custom Main Manifest"
    3. In your manifest include:
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.CAMERA" android:required="false" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.RECORD_AUDIO" android:required="false" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" android:required="false" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" android:required="false" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_MEDIA_LOCATION"/>
    <application android:requestLegacyExternalStorage="true" >

See if that helps?

Kind regards,
    Chris

8. Thaina

Thaina

I have tried step 2 and 3 except `ACCESS_MEDIA_LOCATION` and still got access denied

I will try step 1 with that another permission tomorrow but I would like to inform you that I have also seen many people still have problem with `android:requestLegacyExternalStorage` when it was newly created app. They said requestLegacyExternalStorage only worked with app that was already published

Are there any way we could use `MediaStore.Video` instead of `getExternalStoragePublicDirectory` ?

9. WayneVenter

WayneVenter

I opened a bug on Github for capture.PauseCapture(); and capture.ResumeCapture();
    When performing a capture on Android 11, AVPro 5.0.4, CaptureTexture and Microphone, in realtime mode, pausing the Texture capture freezes/pauses, the audio is still being recorded, the time uint does not increment tho, when you resure, the texture says frozen but the time uint increments. Audio recording never pauses.

Ste-RH likes this.
  10. Thaina

Thaina

This and other 2 step make the app worked in direct apk even without `ACCESS_MEDIA_LOCATION` (don't know if it will worked in PlayStore published)
    I don't think ACCESS_MEDIA_LOCATION is needed. It actually a permission for access geolocation of media file

Also I think `Mp4FileProcessing.cs` should be adding these codes

I have attach a patch file below. This is android codes to add content description to make the saved file listed in gallery app

upload_2022-10-6_11-22-3.png

Attached Files:

11. Ser_Tahu

Ser_Tahu

Hi! Firstly, thanks for your hard work, the Movie Capture asset works really well!

Anyway, I was experimenting with Transparent Capture feature with the intention of using AVPro Video to play the captured videos, but I can't seem to get it working.

I'm using the 'Demo06-Transparent Capture' scene for testing without any modifications to it, but despite there being an alpha channel visible during the recording process (see image 1), from what I can tell the resulting videos don't have the alpha channel (image 2, with the 'Cones Transparent' sample video from AVPro Video included for comparison purposes). The first capture is with all of the default settings in the Demo06 scene completely unchanged, the second is with video 'H264' video codec selected, and the third with 'HEVC' selected.

When attempting to play the videos in the AVPro Video 'Demo_MediaPlayer' scene, using an identical 'Media Reference' setup to the sample 'Cones Transparent' video, the result is an almost completely transparent video (images 3 and 4) rather than the expected regular video with a transparent background.

I double-checked the Demo06 scene, and can confirm that it has all of the necessary settings for transparent capture 'Support Transparency' is ticked on the 'Capture From Camera' component, and the camera is set to 'Solid Colour' with the alpha value of the background colour set to 0.

Are there any other settings that could be causing this, either in Unity, AVPro Movie Capture, or AVPro Video?

EDIT: Just to add, I am using Unity 2020.3.26f1, with my computer running Windows 10. AVPro Movie Capture v5.0.4, AVPro Video Core v2.1.8.

Thanks again!

- Michael

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2022
  12. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

Hi @Ser_Tahu,

AVPro Movie Capture does not support 'side-by-side' transparency exporting. (https://www.renderheads.com/content/docs/AVProMovieCapture/articles/usage-transparent-capture.html) Rather, the transparency is at a codec level (e.g. HEVC, prores, etc). But also you can export image sequences in supported formats (e.g. PNG).
    So, for example, you would get your PNG sequence and use a FFMPEG command like this:
    ffmpeg -i frame-%06d.png -r 30 -vf "split [a], pad=iw*2:ih [ b ], [a] alphaextract, [ b ] overlay=w" -y output-lr.mp4

and the output is an MP4 file with left-right alpha packing.
    Does that help?

Kind regards,
    Chris

Last edited: Oct 10, 2022
  13. OddersDev002

OddersDev002

Hi, I'm trying the trial version and when I compile the Camera capture scene on an android phone I can't get the start capture button to work, it doesn't do anything when I press it.

14. Ste-RH

Ste-RH

It would be best to post an issue to the github board here. Along with the device details, we will require a full logcat output to investigate.

15. OddersDev002

OddersDev002

ok, thanks

16. Ser_Tahu

Ser_Tahu

Thanks, that should tide me over for now!

That being said, could I possibly request side-by-side transparency as a feature for a future release? Or even better, could you please pass on the feature request for codec-level transparency support to the AVPro Video team? Having the two AVPro assets work together natively would be incredibly useful, and it would also be an extra feature you could advertise on the respective pages for both assets.

Thanks again!
    - Michael

Ste-RH likes this.
  17. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

18. Ste-RH

Ste-RH

We already support container/codec level transparency where the platform supports it. From our research, Android does not (webM/VP9 would be the only possibility and it does not look available). As Chris-RH says, we will look at adding the option for side-by-side - albeit capture resolutions will be limited back due to the extra width or height required for the transparency frame.

19. masai2k

masai2k

Hi, I need to record a video that contains a plane with a video mapped to it. I use your AVPro Video to play the video on a rendertexture, and AVPRO video capture in offline record to capture it. But, as someone noted, the offline recorded is quickier than the video playback rate, so the final video is perfect, but the video in the plane is in slow motion. In this answer
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/released-avpro-movie-capture.120717/page-25#post-7798944
    you say that is possible to caputure video in non realtime, but I don't know how to modify the playback rate of the video

Thanks
    Massimo

Last edited: Oct 14, 2022
  20. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

21. vertexx

vertexx

Noticed that there is a"Basic Edition" of AVPro Movie Capture in the Asset Store.
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packag...ovie-capture-basic-edition-221916#description
    It appears to show that this Basic version to have many great functions. In fact very similar to "Desktop"

But on looking at this link which tells of the differences...
    https://www.renderheads.com/content/docs/AVProMovieCapture/articles/download.html
    It shows the "Basic Version" as NOT having these lots of functions that the "Desktop" version has!

Reading your description in the Asset Store, "Basic version", you have these functions showing as being there?
    Reading your description on your "Editions description" page shows the opposite.
    So which is correct?
    Does the "basic version have...
    1. Camera capture?
    2.Offline rendering?
    3. Other codecs?
    4. Custom bit-rate/frame rate?
    5.Transparency?
    6.External audio sources?
    7. Realtime audio capture?
    If you could please clear this up as it appears quite confusing as to exactly what this "Basic version" has.

Shamantiks likes this.
  22. netpost

netpost

@Chris-RH

I am about to release an VR horror video app but there seems to be some bugs when recording in stereoscopic TB.
    I was using the Capture Worldspace UI enabled by default but this was introducing a problem when using a flashlight in my horror scene. In picture 1 below, Capture Worldspace UI is disabled so the flashlight works properly but with the Capture Worldspace UI enabled, it generate 4 flashligth zones (cercles) on each side of the spherical video (please see picture 2). So I decided to disable the Capture Worldspace UI but now I have another problem.
    the Upper right side of the top and Bottom video does not record any content (picture 3 please check the pink circle with no title). If I enable again Capture Worldspace UI , then the upper right side of the top and Bottom video is recoded but I can not use this approach since the drawback flashlight repeted 4 times is definitely not working for me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am already past my deadline.

Thank you.

upload_2022-10-16_16-9-54.png

23. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

Hi @vertexx

The asset store page has a general description of all the features that are available. If you read through to the bottom of the description, it lists the different editions available and says:
    "Please NOTE that this Edition only comes with a cutdown set of features. You can read this page to learn more about the features, pricing and upgrades for the different editions."
    The link to the table listing the differences is correct.
    I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Chris

24. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

Hi @netpost

I'm not really sure what you mean by Capture Worldspace UI? Is this in URP/HDRP?
    Could you perhaps send a reproducible project file to unitysupport@renderheads.com? Please include the asset name and a brief issue description in the subject line.

Kind regards,
    Chris

25. netpost

netpost

Just below the interpupilary distance in your marvelous asset. My session is a huge HDRP project.
    upload_2022-10-17_11-29-31.png

26. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

@netpost
    Which version are you using?

27. netpost

netpost

4.7.7 (scripts v4.7.1)

28. vertexx

vertexx

Certainly helps. Warning..For those contemplating the purchase of the $50 "Basic" edition, remember it does NOT come with:
    1. Camera capture
    or
    2.Offline rendering
    or
    3. Other codecs
    or
    4. Custom bit-rate/frame rate
    or
    5.Transparency
    or
    6.External audio sources
    or
    7. Realtime audio capture.

So buyer beware. Promotions like this should be clearly labeled with the descriptions and the cutdown features clearly shown. Not hidden away in some confusing link. Bad stuff, Chris. Maybe do something to clear these things up?

Shamantiks likes this.
  29. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

Hi @vertexx

I'm sorry that you feel that way. We do try to be clear as to what is in each Edition by using both a bolded and capitalised font stating that it doesn't contain all of the features and providing the table linked in the asset store. We also provide links to full documentation and offer a free fully featured trial. We don't want to omit the full list of available features.
    Is there a way that you think could make it clearer?

Kind regards,
    Chris

30. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

@netpost

Could you have the flashlight as an additional layer rather than part of the UI?

Kind regards,
    Chris

31. Ste-RH

Ste-RH

Sorry to hear you have not had the best experience @vertexx

We do state the Basic edition is limited in functionality on the Unity Asset Store page for the edition. The text is as follows:

Please NOTE that this Edition only comes with a cutdown set of features.
    You can read this page to learn more about the features, pricing and upgrades for the different editions.

...so all the information is there to be read. Due to the amount of information required, and the limitations imposed by Unity on the lengths of descriptions, we have to take the path of linking in all the pertinent details via the documentation. It is certainly not our aim to hide away any information as important at this. Indeed, it is counter intuitive due to having to offer developers support/refunds should they purchase a version not suitable for their needs. In addition, we offer 'zero sum' upgrades from the basic edition to the other editions...so developers who require more features down the road are not financially worse off for taking upgrade paths.

If you have any suggestions as to how better we can signpost the limitations of the Basic Edition, please do let us know and we will look to integrate them into our signposting.

If you feel you no longer wish to use the product, then do please apply for a refund via the usual Unity channels. There are very few circumstances where Unity or RenderHeads reject refund requests.

32. Ste-RH

Ste-RH

Hi Everyone,

AVPro Movie Capture version 5.0.5 has just been released!

DOWNLOAD HERE

Changes include:

iOS
    • Fixes
      • #180 Fixed issue with a crash caused by a race condition when stopping a capture that is using the microphone and starting a new capture before file writing has been completed
    Android
    • Fixes
      • #203 Fixed crash caused by nullptr dereference when unpreparing recording from device
      • #204 Fixed issue with captured audio not being paused when pausing whilst capturing from the microphone
    Thanks to everyone that reported bugs that were fixed in this release :)

Please report any issues to our Github Issues

33. netpost

netpost

I am not sure what you mean the flashlight is attached to the main camera but it is not part of any hui.

34. qilin598866753

qilin598866753

Hi, when i use AVPro in android simulation, it will stop play after switch video back and forth. once play a video, one error log is comming: (E/FrameworkMediaDrm: Failed to instantiate a FrameworkMediaDrm for uuid: edef8ba9-79d6-4ace-a3c8-27dcd51d21ed.), it like android simulation not support DRM. the detail log is in the file. After switch video back and forth for a period of time, video can't play, like memory not manage well. And i swtich exoplayer api to MediaPlayer api, the same case still come. I've tryied the latest version, also has the same case.

Attached Files:

• log.txt
      File size:
      5.3 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2022
  35. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

Hi @qilin598866753,

AVPro doesn't support DRM or simulators.
    (https://www.renderheads.com/content/docs/AVProVideo/articles/feature-content-protection-ultra.html)

Kind regards,
    Chris

Last edited: Oct 19, 2022
  36. qilin598866753

qilin598866753

37. JudahMantell

JudahMantell

I've been having trouble getting offline rendering to work with Unity Video Player components for the longest time. The included VideoPlayerController component doesn't work well unfortunately.

But I found a solution!
    Setting a VideoPlayer's playback speed to
    Time.captureDeltaTime / Time.unscaledDeltaTime
    every frame that the capture component is recording works perfectly!
    Then simply reset the playback speed to 1 (or whatever it was before) when you're finished recording.

Doesn't fix the problems with the VideoPlayerController component, but it's a good solution in the meantime!
    Hope this helps someone else!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2022
    Chris-RH likes this.
  38. romifauzi-auki

romifauzi-auki

Hi,

Is there a way to prevent the video look squashed if the project has auto rotation enabled for the screen orientation, and the device rotated during recording? (ie recording start in portrait, and during recording, rotate the device to landscape, will result the content looks squashed. I'm on IOS by the way.

Thanks!

39. legopoly

legopoly

Hi, is it possible to simultaneously record the microphone and the audio of the application in windows?

40. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

Hi @romifauzi-auki ,

We don't really have support for auto rotation as we cannon change the capture dimensions mid-capture. Can you share a video to show what you mean, or email to unitysupport@renderheads.com

Kind regards,
    Chris

romifauzi-auki likes this.
  41. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

42. romifauzi-auki

romifauzi-auki

Thanks for the reply Chris, at the end we managed to avoid this issue, by temporarily lock the orientation during recording.

Chris-RH likes this.
  43. legopoly

legopoly

Last edited: Nov 21, 2022
    Chris-RH likes this.
  44. grllle

grllle

I just realized that my AVPro Movie Capture 4.7.11 that I bought beginning of this year is deprecated. Is it intentional that I have to pay for the 5.x version again?
    Thanks in advance!

45. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

46. Maels_Mo

Maels_Mo

Hello, I want to use your plugin for my project, namely to record video from web camera on windows (version 4.6.2), but I faced two difficulties at the moment, and wanted to ask you to help me with this.
    1. So i have a web cam and it shoots 1280x720, the question is can i record only a certain part of the picture? let's say a 500x500 square in the center without any distortion.
    2. Since this is a Windows application, I do not know how to track the rotation of the camera, i.e. when I flip the camera to a vertical view, the texture content is flipped respectively and the video is recorded in the same state, is there any way to flip the video or the texture itself?

I will attach pictures below for clarity:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cmKmYb607_UVJDA7fxILeXZNp5x2mXi7/view?usp=share_link

My contacts:
    mail - zed.ramble@gmail.com
    telegram - @zedramble

47. Ste-RH

Ste-RH

Hi Everyone,

AVPro Movie Capture version 5.1.0 has just been released!

DOWNLOAD HERE

Changes include:

General
    • Improvements
      • Added support for capturing transparency using split Left/Right or Top/Bottom modes
      • #194 Improved captures when using the URP/HDRP pipeline
      • #198 Improved 360 capturing where screen-space effects are present
      • #208 360 Capture - Added support for overlapping the render of each cube face to help alleviate seams when using fullscreen post-process effects such as bloom
    Android
    • Improvements
      • Added Vulkan support
    • Improvements
      • #207 Fixed video capture stuttering when capturing offline with the OpenGLES renderer
    Thanks to everyone that reported bugs that were fixed in this release :)

Please report any issues to our Github Issues

48. Tubbritt

Tubbritt

I don’t seem to be able to get that to work using the GitHub demo. When it’s set to 0% I can render as normal. When it’s set to any other value, no frames are rendered at all.

Kind regards
    James.

49. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

Thanks @Tubbritt, we'll look into where that is going wrong!

Kind regards,
    Chris

50. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

Last edited: Dec 5, 2022