Search Unity

[Released] AVPro Movie Capture

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AndrewRH, Jan 24, 2012.

1. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi Everyone,

AVPro Movie Capture version 5.0.0beta6 has just been released!

DOWNLOAD HERE

This is the first public BETA release of the new 5.0.0 version.

Android_Robot.png

The big news in this version is that Android is now supported!

Changes include:

General
    • New helpful in-editor screenshot feature
      Screenshot.png
    Android
    • First public beta release with Android support:
      • Requirements:
        • Minimum Android version supported : Oreo 8.0/API 26
        • Optimal Android version: Pie 9.0/API 28+
        • Minimum Unity version: 2019 (we believe the package should work without issue in 2017/1018)
      • Note:
        • Vulkan graphics API in NOT supported, use OpenGLES instead
        • No frame dropping supported in real-time capture
        • Opening/viewing captures in the provided demo scenes does not work

Thanks to everyone that reported bugs that were fixed in this release :)

Please report any issues here on the forum, or to our Github Issues

Last edited: Jun 20, 2022
  2. ibyte

ibyte

Hi was the Android support tested on the Quest 2?

3. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi,

Yes the Quest 2 is one of the Android devices we have been testing on. It looks good, but there are always edge cases which is why we've made the current beta open to the public. If you have any issues please do report them - or even if it works well for you, we'd be happy to hear feedback.

Thanks,

4. d41602031

d41602031

Hi @AndrewRH, I would like to know if it is possible to record audio in a custom way... I have the following scenario:

I would like to record from Unity audio, local microphone and voice chat with Dissonance Voice Chat (which allows to access the audio buffer).

I just found your excellent plugin, but would like to know if it is possible.

Thanks in advance!

5. Tubbritt

Tubbritt

ODS rendering Anti aliasing broken?

Hi.
    Using LTS 2021.3.3f1 and ODS Rendering (Forward Path), it seems that ODS rendering completely ignores my Anti aliasing settings in the project settings and post processor. I’ve rendered out test frames with Anti aliasing on and off, both look identical, as in both have no Anti aliasing whatsoever.

For me that's a show stopper at this moment in time and I was wondering if I'm missing something here to get it working?

Also, from a performance point of view, I’m using an extremely high end Alienware desktop which can render 8K 360/3D frames at 26 per second using AVPro Movie Capture (without OSD), but when i switch to OSD, my frame rate drops to 0.08fps on it's default quality settings (16).

I expected a large drop in FPS, but that seems like an almighty extreme drop in performance. Is that normal?

Kind regards
    James.

6. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

Hi @d41602031,
    Currently MovieCapture only supports recording audio from a single source, but capturing from multiple audio sources is on the roadmap for development sometime in the future..

d41602031 likes this.
  7. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

Hi James,

I've had a look at this myself. I've opened a fresh 2021.3.4 unity3d project. Opened the ODS demo. I've double checked that the camera was using forward rendering (this is default anyway). Otherwise, the only settings I've changed are AA, from none-8x. I've looked at the output as both mp4 and png, and there is a noticeable difference in the output.
    I've done the same thing using URP 12.1.3 and get the same results.

From my testing, the only thing that changes AA is changing them in the capture component. Is it definitely on there? Have you tried the ODS demo scene and do you get the same results with that?
    Could you provide a screenshot of your camera/capture settings, and test frames?

To answer your other question, yes that sounds about right for 8K. Make sure that the Unity profiler is disabled while you are doing it, as that can slow it down too.

Kind regards,
    Chris

Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
  8. rlo3olr

rlo3olr

Hi.
    I'm really happy to use this great piece of work.
    This effectively captures my game screens and game sound effects and background sounds that are using audio source components. However, it cannot capture video sound.
    I'm using AVProVideo's media player.
    How do I capture video audio?
    Please Help.

9. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

Hi @rlo3olr

I'm so glad to hear that you are enjoying the products.
    I'm afraid that we don't currently support capturing audio from multiple sources. However, one of our users does seem to have scripted their own solution, which you could try. Its in our Github, you may need to scroll through the whole thread: https://github.com/RenderHeads/UnityPlugin-AVProMovieCapture/issues/96

If you were just capturing from video, then you can capture audio either by
    1. Setting MovieCapture Audio source to Microphone or
    2. Adding Audio Listener and Capture Audio (From Audio Listener) components to the media player and setting the MovieCpature audio source to Unity
    I hope this helps.
    Kind regards,
    Chris

10. mchangxe

mchangxe

Hi, great plugin! Got it to work very fast but sometimes, only sometimes, after capture has been stopped, i get the following error:

Can't find moov or mdat chunks
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)
    RenderHeads.Media.AVProMovieCapture.MP4FileProcessing:process (System.IO.Stream,System.IO.Stream) (at Assets/6.Plugins/RenderHeads/AVProMovieCapture/Runtime/Scripts/Internal/Mp4FileProcessing.cs:241)
    RenderHeads.Media.AVProMovieCapture.MP4FileProcessing:processFile (string,string,RenderHeads.Media.AVProMovieCapture.MP4FileProcessing/Options) (at Assets/6.Plugins/RenderHeads/AVProMovieCapture/Runtime/Scripts/Internal/Mp4FileProcessing.cs:216)
    RenderHeads.Media.AVProMovieCapture.MP4FileProcessing:processFile (string,bool,RenderHeads.Media.AVProMovieCapture.MP4FileProcessing/Options) (at Assets/6.Plugins/RenderHeads/AVProMovieCapture/Runtime/Scripts/Internal/Mp4FileProcessing.cs:183)
    RenderHeads.Media.AVProMovieCapture.MP4FileProcessing/<>c__DisplayClass31_0:<ProcessFileAsync>b__0 () (at Assets/6.Plugins/RenderHeads/AVProMovieCapture/Runtime/Scripts/Internal/Mp4FileProcessing.cs:160)
    System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart ()

11. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

Hi @mchangxe
    That's strange. Could you tell me a bit more about the circumstances in which this happens please. Platform? AVPro/Unity versions? Capture settings?
    Is there something in particular that you think might be triggering it? Does it sometimes work, but sometimes give that error when capturing the exact same thing?
    Are you getting these in build, editor or both?

Kind regards,
    Chris

12. Tubbritt

Tubbritt

Hi Chris.
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I’ve done some more detailed tests myself and this is what I’m finding.

No AA, vs 8X using the normal “Capture from Camera 360 (VR)” the difference is crystal clear to me. I see the X8 renders as far superior. The improvement is hugly obvious.

No AA, vs 8X using the ODS rendering, the difference is difficult to see. I see it, but I struggle to see it.

It’s disappointing there’s such a vast difference between Non-OSD and ODS, but I guess I can live with this AA issue and try solve it through other means like post processing. So don't worry about this, I'll be fine and I'm very happy with how perfect the Stereo Images render from a Parallax point of view with OSD.

With rendering performance, I’m still wondering if this is right. For example......

If I switch to the regular “non-ODS” method, my CPU usage its at 26% and my GPU is at 100% and I get amazing offline rendering performance.

However, during ODS rendering my CPU is at 23%, GPU is at 34%. Never goes any higher and my frame rates for rendering are extremely low.

Enabling motion blur kills performance almost entirely for OSD rendering, and yet my computer still only uses 23% CPU and 34% GPU.

Kind regards
    James.

13. Tubbritt

Tubbritt

Hi Chris.
    Here's an example of OSD rendering right now and as you can see from the screen shot, my CPU and GPU are not being used anywhere near their maximum.

Kind regards
    James.

Attached Files:

14. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

Hi @Tubbritt

That's interesting. Just using the ODS demoscene, I get 70% and 50% respectively, though I suspect your desktop is higher end than mine.

Which version of DX are you using? You should see better performance with DX12.

Kind regards,
    Chris

Last edited: Jul 15, 2022
    Tubbritt likes this.
  15. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

16. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi Everyone,

After many months of internal development...

AVPro Movie Capture version 5.0.0 has just been released!

DOWNLOAD HERE

Changes include:

Android
    • Added
      • AVPro Movie Capture now supports Android! This new feature is written in C++ for optimal performance and supports Android on ARM7, ARM8-64, x86 and x86_64 architectures. See Android Platform Notes for more information.
      • Most features are fully supported including screen capture, texture capture, 360 capture, Unity audio capture, microphone capture, real-time and offline modes, and encoding to image sequences.
    Windows
    • Added
      • Added a new plugin to capture audio from the AudioMixer at high performance
    General
    • Added
      • Added new useful editor panel to easily take screenshots with a variety of options.
      • Added new option to capture relative to cache folder.
    • Improved
    • Fixed
      • ODS capture now has correct stereo metadata injection.

17. Tubbritt

Tubbritt

Hi Chris.
    ODS testing between DX11 vs 12 doesn’t seem to make any difference. Dare I say, DX12 was possibly slower. It’s hard to say for sure given how idle my computer is during rendering.

I see you have discontinued this version and replaced it with the same product? I understand why and it’s important to me that you keep developing this tool as I used it a lot, so I will be supporting you and buying the upgrade. Needless to say, I hope there is sincerely a solution coming to the fact that ODS rendering is not making full use of CPU/GPU.

Kind regards
    James.

AndrewRH likes this.
  18. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Ahh that's a shame. ODS basically renders the scene ScreenWidth number of times. So if you're capturing to a 4096x4096 texture, it will render the scene 4096 times per frame! That is why it's so heavy on the GPU (and thus the CPU as the CPU has to submit all the driver commands and handle the rendering logic).

If you're not using HDRP/URP then you should be able to use the normal stereo capture from camera and get the same results as ODS. This is because the standard render pipeline of Unity has a stereo rendering feature that is meant to match ODS but with much improved performance. You can read about this here: https://blog.unity.com/technology/stereo-360-image-and-video-capture
    Unfortunately they don't seem to support this on HDRP/URP, at least when we last checked.

Yes, we have has version 4.x out for many years now, and with the new Android support we decided it was time to make changes and release a new version. We have created discounted upgrade paths for owners of 4.x. We have no plans to stop development of the product and strive to make it the best capture solution available.

As for using the full CPU/GPU - do you mean you would like it to render faster, or just use less GPU and CPU so you can still use the machine for other tasks?

Thanks,

19. yiqieweilexuexi

yiqieweilexuexi

Hello, I packaged it to run on the Android platform, and the captured video always shows 0KB, often without any progress. May I ask how to solve the relevant problems? I'm from China. Please contact me on QQ at 2508956732 and wechat.

20. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

I'm afraid we don't have access to QQ or wechat.

Which version of AVPro Movie Capture are you using?

What device are you using?

Could you tell us more about how you're capturing?

It's best to submit the issue to our support team here on GitHub Issues

Thanks,

21. Tubbritt

Tubbritt

Hi Andrew.

But that’s exactly what is not happening and what I’ve been talking to Chris about in the posts above. My computer is mostly sitting idle during ODS rendering. If you look at the screen shots I posted you can even see all this.

I would strongly disagree. There’s absolutely no comparison whatsoever. If there were, I wouldn’t need your product I could simply use Unity Recorder.

Normal Stereo rendering always has huge 3D parallax issues when objects get even slightly close to the camera. The ground always looks completely off from a 3D depth point of view too. It’s very rough on the eyes in VR.

With ODS rendering, everything is flawless except for the fact that my computer is sitting almost idle while rendering.

I would expect the same from AVPro Movie Capture as I do from every other tool I use for rendering. During rendering, I expect to see my computer screaming in pain and GPU usage 100%.

At no point do I expect to see my computer chilling out running almost idle during rendering. That would make no sense whatsoever.

Kind regards
    James.

AndrewRH likes this.
  22. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

I see - yes I saw the screenshots. There is clearly a bottleneck somewhere. We simply tell Unity to render the scene multiple times and grab the results.

Oh I'm surprised about that. In their blog post they basically say that if you enable the "360 Stereo Capture" option in Player Setting that it does some magic which results in ODS rendering but in real-time.

:) understood! Yes we would also expect the machine to be screaming. There is clearly a bottleneck somewhere... We'll have to do some investigating to see if there are ways to improve this, but like I said, we simply tell Unity to render the scene again.

I've created a Github Issue for this so our development team is aware. Feel free to add any more information there and check the thread for progress.

Thanks,

23. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi Everyone,

AVPro Movie Capture version 5.0.1 has just been released!

DOWNLOAD HERE

Changes include:

Android
    • Improvements
      • Improved offline capture performance by unlocking framerate
    • Fixed
      • Fixed potential crash caused by memory exhaustion when capturing audio and the codec is unable to process it fast enough

Last edited: Jul 28, 2022
  24. QLTW-Dev

QLTW-Dev

Hello,

We are using the Trial version to make sure we can use AVPro Movie Capture in our project before purchasing.
    version 5.0.0f1-trial (scripts v5.0.1)

In Unity editor (2021.3.6 - Windows 11), all the videos recorded with the Webcam Capture scene are corrupted.
    (Realtime Capture - when pressing Start capture in the Game view in play mode).
    However when I build for android, the videos are recorded and can be played correctly on an android device.

Any idea why the recordings are corrupted? I feel like I tried every parameter and codec.

Thank you for your help!
    Alban

25. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

Hi @QLTW-Dev,

I'm sorry that you are having problems. We don't actually have a Windows 11 machine to test on.

1. Are you just using the webcam demo scene?
    2. How does the webcam look in the editor?
    3. Does it play fine before you press start capture and then have problems when capturing, or does it run fine while capturing?
    4. In what way is the video corrupted? 0kb size? won't play? no audio? video looks strange?
    5. What webcam are you using?
    6. Are all of your drivers up to date (graphics and webcam)?
    7. As an aside, if you run the screen capture demo, what are the captured videos like?

Kind regards,
    Chris

26. QLTW-Dev

QLTW-Dev

Hello Chris,

Thank you for your response.

• Are you just using the webcam demo scene?
    Yes (Demo02-WebcamCapture)

• How does the webcam look in the editor?
    Webcam display correctly in the editor in play mode

• Does it play fine before you press start capture and then have problems when capturing, or does it run fine while capturing?
    Everything runs fine the whole time before, during and after recording. No errors.
    During capture I can see the output preview in the Game View.

• In what way is the video corrupted? 0kb size? won't play? no audio? video looks strange?
    Won't play (0xc10100be) and 0kb size

• What webcam are you using?
    External webcam plug through USB (HD Webcam eMeet C950). Problem happens also on integrated webcam from the laptop

• Are all of your drivers up to date (graphics and webcam)?
    Drivers are up to date for both

• As an aside, if you run the screen capture demo, what are the captured videos like?
    Screencapture demo works perfectly fine. Videos are recorded correctly.

Thank you for your help.
    Alban

Here is the setup. Selected codec is H264.
    upload_2022-8-11_8-39-23.png

27. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

Hmm, that's very strange.

What do you get in the console when you are recording?

What happens when you change it to output an image sequence?

Have you tried reimporting all the assets?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
  28. QLTW-Dev

QLTW-Dev

I tried reimporting the assets and start from a brand new project.

I noticed the following:
    - When the build platform is Standalone => no problem
    - When the build platform is Android => recordings are 0kb
    - If Streamable MP4 is checked => I get this
    upload_2022-8-11_11-26-24.png
    - If unchecked => I do not get the "can't find moov or mdat chunks" but recording is still 0kb
    upload_2022-8-11_11-24-16.png

Update:
    When build platform is Android, when I record as an Image Sequence. I only get an empty folder.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
  29. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

Hi, if you are working in Windows, then you want to keep your build setting as Windows.

30. BIEN-PR

BIEN-PR

Hi.

I made a AR app. I have two cameras. One is for AR camera. Other is for 3D contents. Is it possible record two cameras on same time for one output video? I know that very simple solution is using `Capture From Screen` component. But I don't want to show other UI.

Please let me know any solution with AVPro.
    Thanks

31. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

Hi @BIEN-PR,

I'm not sure that would be possible unfortunately

32. netpost

netpost

@Chris-RH

I think there is something wrong with the Encoding Bitrate settings . I am creating VR videos for the Oculus Quest. I am allow to use a resolution of 5760x5760 at 60 fps in HEVC but the Mbps should not exceed 85 Mbps. Everything work well in the capture, but the result file size does not fit with my requested Bitrate. With all my test I end up with file between 3,1 and 3.8 MB /sec . If I multiply by 8 to get the file size in Mbps I have between 24 Mbps and 30.4 Mps and not the 85 requested in tne encoding menu. Any help would be greatly appreciated since I have to deliver really soon,
    Thank you!
    upload_2022-8-28_19-33-0.png

33. elanieluis1991

elanieluis1991

By AVPro Movie capture, I tried capturing Cinema HD app while streaming a movie. It really works well. Hats off to the development team.

Ste-RH likes this.
  34. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi Everyone,

AVPro Movie Capture version 5.0.2 has just been released!

DOWNLOAD HERE

Changes include:

General
    • Fixes
      • #187 Fixed issue where video captures created simultaneously would try and use the same filename
    Windows
    • Fixes
      • #187 Fixed crash caused by video captures using the same filename
    Android
    • Improvements
      • Improved handling of recorder creation failure when using an unsupported graphics API (i.e. Vulkan)
    • Fixes
      • Fixed issue with square captures failing when the dimensions exceed what the codec is capable of
      • #190 Fixed issue with capture colouring being incorrect when capturing on certain devices running Android 12

35. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

Hi @netpost

What are the specs of the device you using for the capture?
    What capture mode are you using?
    What do you get if you try H.264?
    What does your CPU/GPU usage like when you are performing the capture?

Kind regards,
    Chris

36. netpost

netpost

I use an RTX 3090
    Stereo top bottom
    HEVC
    Between 35 and 42 Mbps. Please see atached image.

Here is a copy of an email I just sent to you a few minutes ago with the details.

I just bought the latest upgrade for Avpro Movie capture and
    I still have a problem controlling the bitrate when recording. Basically the average bit rate in Avpro Movie capture for the recorded file
    does not reflect the bitrate I asked for. It is basically half or a third of what I need. Just so you know I am recording In HVEC 3D TB at 60 fps a 8k file.
    Here is a picture of the average bitrate when the bitrate is setup using120 Mbps average and 160 max in the settings. I really need this to work as I rendered many movies with the wrong target Bitrate and I am losing a tremendous amount of time troubleshooting. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I will post this question on the forum also just to be sure. :)

Attached Files:

37. Ste-RH

Ste-RH

Just to double check...you are capturing videos on the Oculus Quest itself? Or creating videos in Windows/macOS for playback on an Oculus Quest.

If the former... we are a bit at the mercy of the Android SDK here. All we can really do it set the desired bitrate. We are also at the mercy of each codec as they have a bitrate range that must be satisfied and will be clamped into this range. Can you post (or email over to unitysupport@renderheads.com) a full logcat output and the captured video so we can take a deeper look?

If it is the later... we will need to look into it more our side to see if we can find out what is going on.

38. Ste-RH

Ste-RH

Thank you for your kind words. We are stoked to hear AVPro Movie Capture is aiding your creativity and workflow :) If you have the time, reviews on the Unity Asset store are always greatly appreciated :D

39. netpost

netpost

Sorry , I wasn't clear. I am capturing from my windows computer and outputing a 360 3d 60fps TopBottom 8k master. Just so you know, I justed finished a 90 minutes render with the new version 5 and I ended up with an average 78Mbps which is much closer than before.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2022
  40. JudahMantell

JudahMantell

Hi, I had a quick question:
    Am I able to record and save a transparent render texture when using the texture capture method?
    In the docs it only says that recording a transparent camera is supported, but I figured I'd ask -- I specifically need to record a render texture with transparent background to a supported video.

Thanks!

41. Ikaro88

Ikaro88

HI this is my code:

Code (CSharp):
    1.  CaptureFromScreen capture;
    3. void Start()
    4.     {
    5.         capture = this.gameObject.AddComponent<CaptureFromScreen>();
    6.         capture.IsRealTime = false;
    7.         capture.FrameRate = 60f;
    9.         if (capture != null)
    10.         {
    11.             capture.BeginFinalFileWritingAction += OnBeginFinalFileWriting;
    12.             capture.CompletedFileWritingAction += OnCompleteFinalFileWriting;
    13.         }
    15.     }
    17.    public void StartCapture()
    18.     {
    19.         capture.StartCapture();
    20.     }
    21.     public void StopCapture()
    22.     {
    23.         capture.StopCapture();
    24.        Debug.Log(CaptureBase.LastFileSaved);
    25.     }
    27.      private void OnBeginFinalFileWriting(FileWritingHandler handler)
    28.         {
    29.         Debug.Log("Completed started ");
    30.     }
    32.         private void OnCompleteFinalFileWriting(FileWritingHandler handler)
    33.         {
    34.             Debug.Log("Completed capture '" + handler.Path + "' with status: " + handler.Status.ToString());
    36.              //   Utils.OpenInDefaultApp(CaptureBase.LastFileSaved);
    37.     }
    the OnCompleteFinalFileWriting is NEVER called
    I am using the trial version....
    Someone can help me?

Note this code FREEZE THE EDITOR but not the build on android

Last edited: Sep 12, 2022
  42. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

Hi @Ikaro88,

So when you are recording on android, is the resultant file only 0kb?

Kind regards,
    Chris

43. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

Hi @MidnightCoffeeInc,

Yes, to PNG should work on all platforms, otherwise it’s per platform and specific codecs only. Hope that helps.

Kind regards,
    Chris

44. JudahMantell

JudahMantell

So you mean that it's only as a PNG sequence, not encoded to a video file? -- Unless compatible codecs are selected, you mean?

Thank you!

45. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

Yes

JudahMantell likes this.
  46. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi Everyone,

AVPro Movie Capture version 5.0.3 has just been released!

DOWNLOAD HERE

Changes include:

macOS / iOS
    • Fixes
      • #180 Fixed crash caused by race condition between the asset writer input and the microphone audio capture delegate when finishing a recording
    Android
    • Improvements
      • #195 Added OS level media gallery update post capture when capturing relative to media related locations
      • Reimplemented API 26 (Android 8.0) support to use the same rendering path as API 28 (Android 10.0) and later
    • Fixes
      • #184 Fixed crash when starting a new capture immediately after finishing the previous one when recording audio from the microphone
      • Fixed crash on Samsung Galaxy S7 when creating a video recorder

Please report any issues to our Github Issues

Last edited: Sep 15, 2022
  47. Ste-RH

Ste-RH

Hi All,

Just a bit of housekeeping regarding version 4.0 since the release of version 5.0 in late July.

AVPro Movie Capture 4.x will be retired soon!

It's been 3 years since we initially launched AVPro Movie Capture 4.0 and now, with the release of the new version 5.0, it's time to look towards retiring it. Version 4.0 is no longer available to purchase on the Unity Asset Store and we will no longer be releasing updates/fixes/features for it as development effort will now be put into 5.0. Developers who hold purchased license(s) for 4.0 will still be able to download the final release (4.7.11) from the Unity Asset Store, and we will continue to offer support until 31st January 2023.

AVPro Movie Capture 5.0 has been released!

We are very excited about the release of the new version, which we've been working hard on for 9 months. With the addition of the Android platform to the asset we believe the asset offers a feature rich cross-platform capture solution. We have reworked the packages that the asset is available in, to better meet the needs of developers. The new version 5.0 is available on the Unity Asset Store now at the following links:

In addition we invite developers to trial the asset before purchase with a watermarked version available here:
    https://github.com/RenderHeads/UnityPlugin-AVProMovieCapture/releases

Online documentation can be viewed here:
    https://www.renderheads.com/content/docs/AVProMovieCapture/articles/intro.html

Developers who hold purchased license(s) are entitled to a discount should they wish to upgrade to 5.0. Upgrade pricing information can be found here:
    https://www.renderheads.com/content...ownload.html#owners-of-avpro-movie-capture-4x

48. Ste-RH

Ste-RH

Hi Everyone,

AVPro Movie Capture version 5.0.4 has just been released!

DOWNLOAD HERE

Changes include:

Android
    • Fixes
      • #190 Fixed issue with capture output being scrambled on certain devices

Please report any issues to our Github Issues

49. WayneVenter

WayneVenter

@Ste-RH I can't seem to get recording to work via pure scripting, my setup is:
    - Android
    - AudioListener on MainCamera
    - CaptureAudio component added below AudioListener
    - CaptureFromTexture

So the Texture recording works, here is the code:

void Start()
    {
    GameObject go = new GameObject();
    capture = go.AddComponent<CaptureFromTexture>();
    capture.IsRealTime = true;
    capture.FrameRate = 30f;
    capture.TimelapseScale = 1;
    capture.SetSourceTexture(sourceTexture);
    capture.FrameUpdate = CaptureBase.FrameUpdateMode.Automatic;
    capture.StopMode = StopMode.None;
    // Audio
    capture.AudioCaptureSource = AudioCaptureSource.Unity;
    audioCapture = captureAudioFromAudioListener;
    capture.CompletedFileWritingAction += OnCompleteFinalFileWriting;
    audioCapture.PrepareCapture();
    }

But I can't get AudioCapture to work, do you have an example of how to do this via script.
    And I assume I must do capture.StartRecording and audioCapture.StartRecording()

There isn't a clean script example for this anywhere, and it's way to complex in the CaptureBase.cs file.

If you could do an example of how to link the:
    private CaptureAudioFromAudioListener captureAudioFromAudioListener;
    to
    private UnityAudioCapture audioCapture;
    And then how to Start and Stop, cause I'm not sure if I must use EncodePointer or
    NativePlugin.EncodeFrameWithAudio or if it is done by the plugin.

50. Ste-RH

Ste-RH

I am a little unsure as to what you are trying to achieve. If it is audio capture on it's own that is not a video file, then AVPro Movie Capture is not designed to do that. It only captures audio as part of a video.

If you are just after an example of how to capture from a texture with audio coming from Unity, taking your code as a basis, this little snippet of code should do the job:

upload_2022-9-22_17-15-13.png

Please note that the calls to:

capture.SelectAudioCodec();
    capture.SelectVideoCodec();
    capture.SelectAudioInputDevice();

...will not be required in version 5.0.5 and onwards as we will be fixing up a small issue that means they are currently called too early when creating a capture component in script.