Search Unity

[Released] AVPro Movie Capture

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AndrewRH, Jan 24, 2012.

1. seabits

seabits

AudioSourceToWav component will export a wav file yes. This just outputs whatever is in the AudioSource, so won't help when it comes to recording a microphone; although you could potentially extend it using the existing logic as a base. Otherwise you could consider capturing a video and removing the video afterwards using something like FFmepg.

2. rlo3olr

rlo3olr

Hi there.
    I have a question.

- What I want is that I have two cameras and if I click record button, they record each screen and save each files. Is it possible?

3. seabits

seabits

You can record multiple cameras simultaneously that output separate files, yes. We offer a free trial if you'd like to test it.

4. rlo3olr

rlo3olr

Thanks for your reply.
    Already I tested trial, BUT I couldn't find the way how to use multiple cameras.
    I created three cameras, but in game, I had to select only one of them.
    Do you have any guides to using multiple cameras?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2022
  5. seabits

seabits

Perhaps this guide will help?

6. NathanRH

NathanRH

7. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

8. NathanRH

NathanRH

Hi Everyone,

AVPro Movie Capture version 4.7.8 has just been released!

DOWNLOAD HERE

Changes include:

Fixes
    • iOS / macOS
      • #159 Fixed a crash caused by null pointer dereference when an audio capture device has no formats

Thanks to everyone that reported bugs that were fixed in this release :)

Please report any issues here on the forum, or to our Github Issues

9. abhiqweebi

abhiqweebi

Hi there! Any updates on the Android release?
    We had sent an email earlier to be a tester if you are still looking?

10. seabits

seabits

Thanks for your support. We're saving all the emails and will get back to everyone as soon as we're ready for testing, might still be another month or so. Hold tight!

11. masai2k

masai2k

Hi,
    I just upgraded the last AVPRO Movie Capture last version, and I received repeatedly the same error message:
    EntryPointNotFoundException: AVPMC_SetLogFunction assembly:<unknown assembly> type:<unknown type> member:(null)
    With my project bot also with demo scenes.
    Any help?

my unity version: 2021.2.16

Massimo

12. JudahMantell

JudahMantell

Hi, I wanted to ask for any update about the VideoPlayerController script? Unfortunately, I cannot afford to purchase your own video player plugin at the moment, so I'm looking to get it working with the default Unity one.
    Thanks!
    @NathanRH any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited: Mar 31, 2022
  13. seabits

seabits

Sorry for the slow reply. Unfortunately we haven't had a chance to make any updates in this arena yet.

14. JudahMantell

JudahMantell

Thank you for the update, I appreciate it.
    Do you have any advice about getting the video player to sync to the timescale when offline rendering then?

15. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi Everyone,

AVPro Movie Capture version 4.7.9 has just been released!

DOWNLOAD HERE

Changes include:

Improvements
    • Added new callback CompletedFileWritingAction for when file writing completes
    • FileWriterHandler has a new CompletionStatus member which provides more information
    Fixes
    • iOS / macOS
      • #156 Fixed issue with linear conversion not being applied when capturing with URP based projects

16. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi All, sorry about the cross-post, but I just wanted to announce a new RenderHeads plugin for Unity:
    External Game View

It's a plugin for multi-monitor productivity and workflow improvement while using the Unity Editor and it's really changed the way we work. You can find out all about it here where you'll find documentation and a tutorial video.

Thanks,

seabits likes this.
  17. JudahMantell

JudahMantell

Hey, I just had a quick question:
    I'm using this plugin for my windows desktop application and it works great!
    I'm wondering, am I able to use it on mobile as well?

I want to allow the user to record Augmented Reality footage using AR Foundation on iOS and Android.
    Has anyone tried it for this?
    Thanks!

18. masai2k

masai2k

Hi, I need to change the resolution of my recording in interactive way. I capture the video from a RenderTexture, and in Unity it's not possible to change the RenderTexture resolution if the texture is already created. So I try to use:
    AVCapture.ResolutionDownscaleCustom = new Vector2(1366, 678);
    But the final video is still the same as RenderTexture resolution.

How can I change the resolution capturing a RenderTexture??

Thanks
    Massimo

19. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

If you set ResolutionDownscaleCustom then you also need to set the downscale mode to "custom":
    AVCapture.ResolutionDownScale = CaptureBase.DownScale.Custom;

Otherwise, you could also use RenderTexture.GetTemporary to get a new RenderTexture of the size you require.

I hope that helps,

Thanks,

20. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Currently only Windows, macOS and iOS are supported. We have plans for Android support in the next major release.

Thanks,

JudahMantell likes this.
  21. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi Everyone,

AVPro Movie Capture version 4.7.10 has just been released!

DOWNLOAD HERE

Changes include:

Improvements
    • iOS / macOS
      • Added file size reporting to the image recorder
    Fixes
    • iOS / macOS
      • Fixed issue with pixel buffer not being released when encoded frame count limit had been met
      • #164 Fixed issue with a race condition when stopping capture occasionally preventing the recorder instance from not being released
      • Fixed issue with image capture when exporting PNGs that would lead to an out of memory error
      • Fixed issue with image recorder that prevented the recorder from being deallocated when capture completed

22. WagDan

WagDan

We are looking to use AV Capture in a Linux based application. Do we need to find a different capture method, or can AV Capture be made t o work on Linux?

23. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Unfortunately AVPro Movie Capture is not compatible with Linux and we have no plans to add support for it.

Thanks,

24. gio_987654321

gio_987654321

Hello RHteam and hello at All
    I used AVlive camera , AVvideo player and a microphone and i capture all this little world with AVcapture . i used Unity 2020.3.28

I succeed without difficulties to capture videoscreen and audio (via the "capture audiolistener component ") and the microphone device .

but my problem is : Im hearing the sound mic in the audio speakers ,echoes and feedback.audio are capturing too : / .
    Concept seems simple but after several days of research and tests, i completely block . here i am throwing a needing help.

I have tested two ways .

1st : the way to attribute sound output to each mixer group : video sound sound and Mic input ( set to 0 DB ) . capture doesn't capture mic sound and when i set the Mic group up to 9 there is a dramatic feedback .
    no way .https://crazyminnowstudio.com/posts...e.getoutputdata-no-data-when-source-is-muted/
    i ve find several links about this method ... but no success because mic sound is really to 0dB and of course audiolistener is not listening .so ...

2nd : i ve find on into this forum a link :

https://gist.github.com/WikkidEdd/3...919dc#file-captureaudiofrommultiplesources-cs

concept seems very interesting but but OnAudioFilterReadForwarder.cs , the "mute after" option mute before and after the sound ... and Audiolistener is listening sadly nothing .
    I have a light when i have setup this "mute after" into the video sound .I dont hear the mic feedback during the capture andmic sound sound is captured pretty fine ... great ... but all sounds are not playing during runtime.

a 3rd solution must exist? . if anyone have the same (working ) experience or a good advice . he is welcome. I pray now for that.

by advance Thank you very much

Last edited: Apr 28, 2022
  25. JudahMantell

JudahMantell

Hi, I apologize if this has been asked before, I can't find any info online:
    Is it possible to add our own watermark to videos?
    For example, in a demo version of my app, I'd like to add a logo in the bottom corner for realtime and offline rendered videos.
    I know this exists for your trial version, so maybe a texture and position could be exposed in the inspector for us to create our own watermark?

Thanks!

26. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

It's a decent feature idea - perhaps you could post it to our GitHub Issues so the team can evaluate it?
    In the meantime, could you not render the watermark yourself into the screen / texture that is being captured?

Thanks,

JudahMantell likes this.
  27. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi, it's best to post technical questions to our support forum over the GitHub Issues, this way our technical team can take a look.

People have asked before to support recording audio from Unity and microphone at the same time.

Actually now I see that you have posted to the relevant thread :)

We'll look into this...

Thanks,

28. gio_987654321

gio_987654321

Thank you Mr Andrew .
    I ve posted to this thread in Git too. I ve tried in any senses this script . I have follow the instruction . placing each script in each output (and delete the line into capture.cs.) there is no error.
    Meanwhile the mute "after" works like the "before" muting . May it is simply a unity version issue.?

thank you again for your reply and i survey the Git thread .

have nice forces !and thank you for your great products ! they are smashing .

GiO

29. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi Everyone,

AVPro Movie Capture version 4.7.11 has just been released!

DOWNLOAD HERE

Changes include:

Improvements
    • macOS
      • #165 Added support for 64bit pixel format to resolve issue with ProRes4444 encoding on M1 Pro and M1 Max based hardware
    Fixes
    • iOS / macOS
      • #164 Fixed issue with a race condition when stopping capture occasionally preventing the recorder instance from not being released

30. netpost

netpost

@AndrewRH I have been using AVPro Movie capture for a long time(huge fan) but I really need to start working in HDRP to increase the quality of my stereo 360 videos. But I have problem using AVPro movie capture in HDRP. The output is always very blurry even if I turn all volume processing off. I am using unity 2020.3.27f1. Please see attached picture. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! upload_2022-5-26_12-27-38.png

31. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Greetings!

Hmm...looks like it could be motion vectors for motion-blur... HDRP has a lot of built-in effects that don't work well in camera-space. I don't have a list of options to disable in front of me, but perhaps you could take a deeper look? I think here are other options in the HDRP Pipeline Settings asset.

Thanks,

32. netpost

netpost

@AndrewRH Thanks a lot for the quick reply. It is really appreciated. this solved the problem. I had already desactivated the volume in the hierarchy but I completely forgot about the main HDRP pipeline setting motion blur. :)

Chris-RH likes this.
  33. netpost

netpost

@AndrewRH I am starting to use green screen footage within unity. Basically having videos playing within my 3d environment. Everything works well but when capturing with avpro movie capture using offline mode, the end result speed for the videos within the 3 d environment is not the same as the original video. Is there a setting or set-up to achieve capturing the video and keeping the right speed. Thank you for your help!

34. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Does this help?
    https://www.renderheads.com/content/docs/AVProVideo/articles/feature-video-capture.html

Thanks,

35. netpost

netpost

@AndrewRH Thanks for the quick reply. It helps but I guess my question was more about how to solve this in AV Pro Movie capture using the unity video player. I own AVPro Video but my chromakey asset is using the unity video player for the input. It can also use a "render texture" for the input but I am not sure how to use AVPro video to play a video on a "render texture". Thanks again!

36. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

Hi @netpost
    For render to texture on AVPro Video, try this: https://github.com/RenderHeads/UnityPlugin-AVProVideo/issues/1180
    Kind regards,
    Chris

37. netpost

netpost

Thanks for the quick reply and link. I downloaded and installed both script as described in the link but now I have an error in the consol log:
    Assets\AVProVideo\Scripts\Components\ResolveToRenderTexture.cs(16,28): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'VideoRender' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Any ideas? Thanks again!

38. Hashi1147

Hashi1147

Hi, I have two questions regarding audio.

The first is about sound getting out of sync.
    I am recording gameplay using CaptureFromTexture and CaptureAudioFromAudioListener.
    There is a part of the scene loading that loads a lot of resources.
    the sound is out of sync from that part of the scene.
    Is there a solution to this problem?

Second, I would like to apply a delay only to the sound.
    Is it possible to do so?

Thanks.

39. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

hi, I think you might have it in the wrong folder? That one should be /Assets/AVProVideo/Runtime/Scripts/Components

40. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

So yeah, if the main thread is being blocked by something, then it could cause sync issues. You could try changing your loading to be asynchronous, which would help. Otherwise you could have a script that calls the
    FlushBuffer() method on CaptureAudioFromAudioListener after loading is complete. That should help.

Hmmm there is no built-in way to delay the audio capture currently...

41. madmaxim

madmaxim

Is anyone noticing any capture problems on Windows 11? We've been running AVPro video capture flawlessly on Windows 10, but suddenly with two brand new Windows 11 machines (Microsoft Surface Pro 8 and Dell Inspiron 16), we're having problems both with video image quality and audio sync. (Audio sync seems off by half a second or more, and image quality can be look bloomy)

Thanks for any help!

42. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

Hi,
    First I would make sure all of the drivers are up to date. If it still doesn't work then it would be really helpful if you could move this to our github, as its easier to track issue progress there: https://github.com/RenderHeads/UnityPlugin-AVProMovieCapture/issues

Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
  43. gregoire_unity128

gregoire_unity128

I am also interested by Linux support, i'll check the competitors. Any chance you could provide the support ?

Very good plugin btw.

44. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

Hi, there are currently no plans for linux support as it is difficult to ensure compatibility across such a wide range of distributions.
    I'm glad you like the plugin though :)

gregoire_unity128 likes this.
  45. Hashi1147

Hashi1147

@AndrewRH
    Thanks for the reply.
    I will try FlushBuffer() for the sync issue.

46. netpost

netpost

Thank for the info. But there is no such runtime folder please see attached picture.
    upload_2022-6-8_18-33-47.png

47. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

The Prefabs folder suggests that you're using version 1, whereas this fix is for use with version 2.
    You could d/l the trial version of version 2 (https://github.com/RenderHeads/UnityPlugin-AVProVideo/releases) and test this in a fresh unity build.
    If you are happy with it then there are discounted upgrade paths available to move from version 1 to version 2 (https://www.renderheads.com/content/docs/AVProVideo/articles/download.html#upgrade-pricing)
    Note: Due to the differences in APIs used, we wouldn't recommend switching from version 1 to version 2 within a project.

48. netpost

netpost

@Chris-RH I wasn't looking for an upgrade for now but thanks for the info.

Chris-RH likes this.
  49. Dan_G

Dan_G

Hi, is it possible to control the volume of the audio recorded? I know i can change it in the source, but i can i do it from CaptureFromTexture?

Thanks

50. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

Hi @Dan_G

There isn't currently any way to change audio recorded volume.
    If you're capturing from Unity then it might be possible to add a filter that will scale the volume, but I'm not sure how well that would work.