Search Unity

[Released] AVPro Movie Capture

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AndrewRH, Jan 24, 2012.

1. NathanRH

NathanRH

Glad it works :) What is ZSpace?

2. NathanRH

NathanRH

Ahh we had not considered the case of multiple cameras capturing at the same time. What was your solution? You could just not have one of the cameras capturing audio and the rest with no audio?

3. NathanRH

NathanRH

Yes it's on the list, but no ETA right now...

4. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi Everyone,

AVPro Movie Capture version 4.5.1 has just been released!

You can find the updated version on the Asset Store here:
    The trial version can be downloaded here:
    Changes include:

Bug fixes

• Fixed issues where captures were too dark in Unity 2018.1.x - 2018.2.x due to GL.sRGBWrite always being false
    • Fixed gamma of CaptureGUI so it displays at the correct brightness
    • Windows
      • Fixed issue where transitioning out of Play mode in editor while capture running would result in a corrupt capture

Thanks to everyone that reported bugs that were fixed in this release :)

Please report any issues here on the forum, or to our Github Issues

5. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi Everyone,

AVPro Movie Capture version 4.6.0 has just been released!

Changes include:

Improvements

• Windows
      • Added support for capturing of system-wide audio via new WASAPI loopback device support.

The new loopback devices appear as part of the Microphone device enumeration. This also allows audio to be captured via Unity components that don’t play audio through Unity’s audio pipeline (eg FMOD, WWISE, AVPro Video etc).

6. Lordmin

Lordmin

In the Demo00-ScreenCapture environment, I created Webview MP4 Streaming using the <3D WebView for Windows and macOS (Web Browser)> asset.

We have confirmed that Streaming's microphone sound plays well in the Unity editor.

However, when recording with the GUI tool provided by Demo00-ScreenCapture, no sound is recorded at all.

In the Unity editor, the streaming sound of Webview comes out well.
    Why can't I record that sound on ScreenCaputre?

7. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

I suspect the WebView is playing audio directly to the audio hardware, and bypassing Unity.

If you have the latest version of AVPro Movie Capture on Windows, then you should be able to select the new WASAPI loopback device for recording. This will record all audio in the system. Does that help?

Otherwise, please provide more details (with screenshots ideally) so we can work out what's going on. And it might also be worth asking the developers of the Webview whether how audio is played.

Thanks,

8. allwebtech

allwebtech

All movies captured with AVPro Movie Capture have incorrect gamma (too light). This happens to all movies recorded via AVPro Movie Capture and we confirm this taking screenshot of the game, and then screenshot of the video of the same moment - all colors are slightly lighter in video, than in the game itself.

Edit: After investigation of the problem, it seems it has to do generally with the way movies are encoded and decoded/played, so not AVPro Movie Capture issue. Colors are different in different video players, different browsers, different codecs, when uploaded to youtube etc. Didn't expect so much disparency between original colors and captured colors, but it happens everywhere, just not so noticable if you don't know.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
  9. kmk68

kmk68

Hi,

sorry for writing here but i don't know how to reach you :-(
    I purchased AVPro Movie Capture 3.x (I have version 3.72). Long ago.
    I am very happy, great thing, but I have had one problem with sound recently.

If I record audio and choose "Unity" it's ok.
    If I choose another item, I want to record from the sound card,
    whole Unity hangs (5.6.7f1).

I thought I would buy version 4.6 ... but - in the downloaded demo version
    it's the same.

Kind regards,
    Kajetan Krupiński

10. seabits

seabits

Hi there,

Could you please supply the following:

1) unity version
    2) movie capture version
    3) platform/operating system
    4) output settings

We've had some issues with this in the past so would be interested to check if you've perhaps found a new one.

Thanks!

11. seabits

seabits

Hey Kajetan,

We've never encountered this problem so will need a little bit more information.

1) What are you trying to capture?
    2) What codec are you writing to?
    3) Which microphone option are you choosing, loopback?

It could also potentially be something to do with your soundcard settings - might be worth navigating to your sound settings and checking the exclusive mode options, as well as if there are any enhancements.

12. Ehredt

Ehredt

I'm using the free trial version to evaluate this package, and I'm running into a problem in builds on macOS in which all videos show up as solid black with the watermark on top (regardless of video codec). In Windows editor and builds, and in Mac editor, it works fine. I'm using Unity 2019.4.20f1, HDRP 7.5.3, and macOS Mojave 10.14.6. I can't switch to gamma as it isn't supported by HDRP. Is there a known fix for this?

Let me know if you need any additional information from me. Thanks!

13. seabits

seabits

Hi @Knipscher

Could you please send a player log to unitysupport@renderheads.com and we'll look into it further.

Thanks!

14. Lordmin

Lordmin

All sounds are recorded by using the WASAPI function!

However, we need to set this setting value in code.

1. WASAPI Current Audio Output List

2. WASAPI specific audio output designation

Before recording, the above two settings seem to need to be changed through the code.

Can you please write an example code?

15. NathanRH

NathanRH

Hi @Knipscher,

Could you please send us the player log file so we can investigate this further?
    Also, do you know if disable HDRP and using the standard rendering pipeline fixes it?

Thanks,

16. seabits

seabits

Sure, you could use:

//to set to the first loopback device and set audio source to microphone
    {
    Device firstLoopbackDevice = null;
    foreach (Device device in DeviceManager.AudioInputDevices)
    {
    if (device.Name.Contains("(loopback)"))
    {
    firstLoopbackDevice = device;
    break;
    }
    }
    if (firstLoopbackDevice != null)
    {
    _capture.AudioCaptureSource = AudioCaptureSource.Microphone;
    _capture.ForceAudioInputDeviceIndex = firstLoopbackDevice.Index;
    }
    }

Let us know if you have further questions.

17. newguy123

newguy123

Pre-sales questions:

Hi Guys. This asset looks awesome. Just a quick question or 2 please:

1) How difficult would it be to implement EXR sequence output?
    2) I'm very interested in the AA override I see from the screenshots. What does that actually do? For example if I have no AA on my cam, would this setting add some? What if my cam is set to use TAA, would this setting completely override that, or it would supplement it?

I will try the demo, but still would like to hear the answeres to the above questions. Thanks, looking forward to your comments.

18. Ehredt

Ehredt

@NathanRH @TerryRH

Thanks for your response! Yes, removing the HDRP Pipeline asset from Graphics in the Projects Settings causes videos to work normally again. Using the built-in pipeline isn't an option for us, though. Where would I find the player log file for a Mac build?

19. seabits

seabits

Hi @Knipscher

Should be under ~/Library/Logs/Company Name/Product Name/Player.log. See the Unity page on Log Files for more details: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/LogFiles.html.

20. LearnTry

LearnTry

How to add my own watermark in the video?

21. pavel_stupka

pavel_stupka

Hi, I have couple of questions
    1) This warning show everytime I open my AVPMC window (on Mac, unity 2020.2.1f). I've deleted and imported the plugin with no effect. What's wrong?
    2) When rendering VR stereo, there is specular reflection on the rendered cubemap, see the pic. no.2
    3) When rendering VR stereo, the front side of the cubemap is not rendered in full size, the picture is somehow cropped.

Does anyone have any answers, please? Thanks

Attached Files:

22. NathanRH

NathanRH

You would have to render the watermark to whatever you were capturing. So if you're using CaptureFromScreen component, then you would have to render the watermark to the screen. CaptureFromTexture component, you would have to render the watermark to the texture.

If you have some specific requirements that you think would be a useful feature to add to the plugin, please could you open a feature request ticket here:
    https://github.com/RenderHeads/UnityPlugin-AVProMovieCapture/issues/new/choose

Thanks,

23. NathanRH

NathanRH

Firstly it's best to post support questions to the GitHub Issues so that our developers can investigate:
    https://github.com/RenderHeads/UnityPlugin-AVProMovieCapture/issues

1) Try closing Unity and use Finder to delete the Plugins folder inside RenderHeads/AVProMovieCapture/Runtime. Try load Unity and import the 4.5.0 package.
    2) It's hard to say what could be causing this. We would need to know more details about your setup, the render pipeline used, the post-process effects used etc. It looks like there may be a screen/camera-space effect being applied (eg Bloom) which doesn't work correctly when rendering Cubemaps
    3) That's strange - and your first screenshot wasn't showing this problem - what has changed? Again it's hard to tell without having a reproducible case. Perhaps you could send us your case (unitysupport@renderheads.com)?

Thanks,

24. seabits

seabits

Hi @newguy123

Sorry for missing this post.

To answer your questions:
    1. This is something we have considered adding as a feature and might still do at some point. Unity has a function that enables you to save out a texture as an EXR, so in theory you could implement this yourself fairly easily. You would also be able to hook it up to our system if you needed to.
    2. The AA override adds antialiasing to the render target, even if your camera doesn't have it. It would be MSAA. This would depend on which render pipeline you're using, and would only work with one that supports it (i.e. it would work with forward rendering, but not with deferred - if you were set to deferred it would simply do nothing). Not sure exactly what would happen if you had TAA set to your camera, in theory it would supplement it, but it might break the TAA. MSAA is generally better in most cases, it's better at smoothing out edges; although if you have flickering in your renders i.e. differences between consecutive frames, then TAA does a better job.

Does that help?

25. newguy123

newguy123

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately the asset wont work for me then as I'm using deffered (I'm using raytracing and MSAA doesnt work with raytracing)

26. Lordmin

Lordmin

Hello! Thank you for always kindly explaining.

However, there was one problem.

[1] HDMI(NVIDIA High Definition Audio) (loopback)
    [2] Queen-2747(NVIDIA High Definition Audio) (loopback)

If loopback is set to [2], all voices are recorded well,

If you set loopback to [1], the fps is fixed at 1 and a huge frame drop occurs.

Is there a way to record well without dropping frames in [1] setting?

27. seabits

seabits

What do you mean the fps is fixed at 1? Can you give a bit more detail on at what point you are changing the audio device and how you are registering the fps? Is this is app-wide or just affecting the audio?

28. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi Everyone,

AVPro Movie Capture version 4.6.2 has just been released!

Changes include:

Improvements
    • General
      • Capture GUI now displays a progress bar
    • Windows
      • Added support for the FLAC audio codec (requires Windows 10). This allows lossless and frame-accurate audio capture
    Bug fixes
    • General
      • Fixed issue where offline rendered videos would be longer or shorter than the target frame count
    • iOS
      • #93 Fixed issue where another plugin could potentially hide the UnityPluginLoad function preventing the plugin from being initialised

29. Lordmin

Lordmin

In the Unity editor, the fps before starting to record remains at 2000, but after the start of recording, the fps drops significantly to 1.

Only when setting hdmi loopback.

30. StrongHam

StrongHam

Hi.
    Looking for HDRP 360 recordings.
    AVPro Movie Capture (Windows)
    Is HDRP 360 video capture possible?

31. seabits

seabits

32. seabits

seabits

Hi @Lordmin

Not sure why it's not working - it works fine on our side connecting to devices via HDMI that output audio. You could try changing some of the options in your device properties in the Windows Control Panel, like the sample rate, whether or not it's exclusive etc.

Let us know if that works?

33. thorikawa

thorikawa

Hi, I am using AVPro Movie Capture for iOS device and observes audio issue while recording.

If I start recording (I use CaptureFromTexture) while connected to a bluetooth earpiece, the sound will be played on the device's speaker instead of through the earpiece. In other apps, the sound plays through the earpiece without any problem.
    Is there any way to make the earphones play sound even while recording?

34. seabits

seabits

Hey @thorikawa

Is the sound from your app playing in your earpiece before you start recording? Have you tried doing a real-time recording?

35. eddersook

eddersook

Hello!

I have been using the AVPro trial version on MacOS, developing for IOS and recently, as of yesterday 04/08/2021, capture from camera has failed to finish writing an mp4 with video information.

To clarify, when using a capture from camera component, if I start recording I see the proper images in the preview on the component as well as frames being encoded in (see camera capture recording.png attached)

but when I attempt to do playback of this video it only has audio information stored in it from the audio capture (see Empty playback.png attached)
    Camera Capture recording.png Empty Playback.png

To confirm this, the files that are produced are either really small in size (because they contain an audio track) or zero bytes when they do not (see files produced.png attached)
    Files produced.png

I can confirm that this is an issue for unity versions 2020.2.5 as well as the long term support version 2020.3.3 on MacOS using your AVPro Movie Capture most recent three versions (4.5.x, 4.6.0, 4.6.2)

36. thorikawa

thorikawa

Yes, the sound was playing through my earpiece before I start recording. After I call StartCapture, the sound switched from the earpiece to the device speaker. I am trying Realtime recording (my inspector setting is attached)

I found this link that might be related to this issue. I'm considering switching from NatCorder to AVPro and I don't have this problem with NatCorder. this is the only drawback of AVPro, so I hope you can confirm and fix it.

Attached Files:

37. rayming_smt

rayming_smt

Hello, is there a way to configure which screen will be recorded while multiple displays are enabled?

38. seabits

seabits

Hi @thorikawa

Have you tried changing your audiosource from microphone to Unity in the CaptureFromTexture inspector?

39. seabits

seabits

Hi @rayming_smt

Assuming you have a camera set up for each display you could use the CaptureFromCamera component with the relevant camera. If you have multiple scenes you could use CaptureFromScreen in the relevant scene only.

Does this help? If not, could you please supply a little more information regarding your setup?

Thanks.

40. seabits

seabits

Hi @eddersook

What do you mean by as of yesterday it stopped working? Was it working previously with the same version of AVPro Movie Capture and the same version of Unity?

Is the problem occurring in the editor as well? Or only on your iOS device? If only on the device, what is your target iOS device? If the problem is only occurring in the editor and your build target is set to iOS, could you try switching your build target to MacOS and restarting Unity, and seeing if that fixes the problem?

Could you confirm that the same problem is occurring with Demo03_CameraCapture scene?

Thanks

41. rayming_smt

rayming_smt

Hi Terry,
    Thank you for your quick response,

My project is very UI-heavy and 3D rendering from the camera only takes 40 percent of the screen. CaptureFromCamera is not very ideal for this situation.

CaptureFromScreen worked really well for us until we introduced a second display that shows 3D rendering from another camera. When the second camera is enabled, the footage captured by CaptureFromScreen is always from display 2 instead of 1. Is there a way to configure CaptureFromScreen so that it always captures footage from display 1?

42. thorikawa

thorikawa

Yes, if I change the CaptureFromTexture's audiosource from microphone to Unity, I can hear the sound from the Bluetooth earphones even while recording. However, in my use case, this setting has to be microphone.

To be more specific, I want to let the user hear the metronome sound playing from the app through the earphone, while recording the video along with the microphone sound of the user's performance, etc.

43. seabits

seabits

@rayming_smt unfortunately multidisplay capture isn't really supported. You'd have to do something like CaptureFromCamera and input multiple cameras, or blit to texture and then CaptureFromTexture.

44. rayming_smt

rayming_smt

I see. Any plan for supporting multi-display in the future?

45. seabits

seabits

rayming_smt likes this.
  46. seabits

seabits

Ah, right. We don't currently support multiple audio sources unfortunately, although it's something we'd really like to add support for. I've added a feature request, for this, please follow progress here: https://github.com/RenderHeads/UnityPlugin-AVProMovieCapture/issues/96.

47. eddersook

eddersook

Hi TerryRH,

Let me preface this by saying the previous issue has since resolved itself.

My senior suspects it was related to an unannounced ninja change to Metal or something of that nature happening on MacOS that messed with the plugin. It was working previously with the same version of AVPro and the same version of unity.

The problem was occurring in editor, no matter the build target and I could confirm the same issues were present with the demo scene. This includes on fresh installs of unity, in a brand new project with only your plugin (either of the most recent three versions) imported the demo scene would still have the same issues.

This has since corrected itself and without even restarting my computer or unity the same version that was previously giving issues now works just fine. Don't know what happened but we're good now there.

I have a couple questions now related to my intended use case for the AVPro plugins that I am using to see if you guys have run into a similar use case in the past and how to best go about it

1) Capturing multiple clips and combining them into a single recording

In the current implementation I record using CaptureFromCamera, finalize this recording, then load and play it back onto a plane via AVPro Video and while it's playing back I record it with CaptureFromTexture. I keep doing this for each clip then finalize the CaptureFromTexture that now has all the clips one after the other.

The issue I'm running into is when I record the plane using the CaptureFromTexture, the recording is flipped upside-down as seen with the watermarks in the image below
    Recording Capture Upside-down.png

How can I go about flipping the recording here? Or is there a better way to go about combining clips in this way with your plugins.

The goal is to be able to Record a clip -> read it and play it back -> push to a main recorder with the added flexibility of being able to rerecord clips if needed (so pausing and unpaused one single recorder isn't a viable solution).

2) Recording on IOS doesn't work in build

My second question relates to specifically builds on IOS devices. I am getting logs in Xcode when I begin recording related to my camera saying that it does not clear.

My recordings, when played back, are also blank. So I am wondering what settings I should be using when recording both for the recorders as well as my Camera to make sure recording on IOS is doable.

Please note the AR Camera Feed is an important element to capture.

Here is the log I am getting as well as the current setup of the camera and recorder in question:
    CameraDoesNoClear.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 2.00.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 1.59.47 PM.png

Thanks,

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
  48. eddersook

eddersook

@TerryRH bump
    Let me know what you and your team thinks at your earliest convenience,

Best,

49. ProyectoUnity333

ProyectoUnity333

Hi.

I am interested in purchasing AVPro Movie Capture for use on Windows and Mac. I am testing the demo version and it is fantastic. I would like to know if it is possible to capture video from a texture and add text to it (the same as the demo version does). I have a project where I need to capture the image from a texture but I would like to be able to add text over that image.

Thanks!

50. ProyectoUnity333

ProyectoUnity333

Hi. Is it possible to export a single image? I have not seen in the characteristics if there is an option to only make a screenshot in png. Thanks!