Search Unity

[Released] AVPro Movie Capture

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AndrewRH, Jan 24, 2012.

1. NathanRH

NathanRH

Thanks for the suggestion - yes it can certainly be done. I will try to get that into the next release! Hopefully that shouldn't take long.

leavittx likes this.
  2. NathanRH

NathanRH

I think particles are rendered as billboards, so they are view-dependent and so they won't work correctly in the 360 capture modes. Someone wrote a workaround for this in the past:
    https://github.com/RenderHeads/UnityPlugin-AVProMovieCapture/issues/14
    Use PanHighTree on that issue made a YouTube video and posted his scripts to resolve it - hopefully this will work for you.

3. Juanola_

Juanola_

Hi!

So, I played around with the solution proposed.

I tried rendering only one camera of the 360ODS compoenent (_leftCameraTop) and point every particle to that camera.

The thing is, my particles dont even appear in the camera. If I understand correctly, that issue talks about particles in billboards not aligned correctly. Mine are directly invisible, they cannot be seen. By any chance, do you know of any property in the camera component that may be disabling the view of particles??

Thanks!

4. NathanRH

NathanRH

Hmm, well as a sanity check - you can try changing the rendering mode . It's probably set to billboard, try changing it to Mesh and see whether they appear then. If they appear then it is related to the view-dependent nature of billboard rendering - if they don't then it's another problem that I'm not aware of.

5. Juanola_

Juanola_

Yeap, changed it to mesh and they appear in the camera, as well as in the output render.

I ll look around and let you know. I ll play around with the bilboard setting, see if I can get somewhere. Thank you for your help!

NathanRH likes this.
  6. NathanRH

NathanRH

Best of luck! I would expect SOMETHING to render if you are using the CaptureFromCamera360 component. If you are using the ODS version then it's a bit picker - but you could try increasing the padding size - this will cause it to render a larger region around the slice that it grabs which may make the particle rendering behave better.

Do let me know if you manage to find a solution.

Thanks,

7. Juanola_

Juanola_

Hey!

Just to give a quick followup, I ended creating a plane and using that mesh instead of billboard mode. And particles were rendered! Its defintely not the best solution, but it works for the capture.

It definitely a weird problem. I could not find any reason for the particles not appearing at all in Capture360ODS. I assigned new RenderTextures to the cameras that do the capture, and saw that in Unity the particles where visible. My next try would have been change the material in which the render texture drop their image...but this is the point I gave up, and went for the mesh solution.

Thanks!

NathanRH likes this.
  8. Juanola_

Juanola_

Hi again!

So, I managed to record my scene in 4K and works wonderfully. I just got one last issue that is bugging me.

There are some part of the recording in which some 3D elements get clipped. Its really weird, as the clipping goes with the movement of said 3D element.

For example, in this scene, at second 3, the characters hand gets clipped while moving, and then reappears.

Any idea why this might happen? Maybe it is a stiching issue?

As always, thanks for your help!

9. NathanRH

NathanRH

Hmmm that's mighty strange.

Does it not clip when viewed on screen?

Which component / mode are you using for the rendering (eg CaptureFromCamera etc)?

Thanks,

10. Juanola_

Juanola_

Correct, objects dont clip when viewed with the VR headset.

Im using the 360ODS capture mode

11. deathdaysss

deathdaysss

How do I use four cameras to render the same objects at the same time? This means that I can present four outputs in a single .mp4 file.

12. Juanola_

Juanola_

Solved it. The clipping parts where skinned mesh renderer. For some reason, they go "offscreen" at certaing moments. I had to turn on the option "Update when offscreen" so as to avoid the clipping.

Definitely weird, I dont see why Unity considers the 3d objects are offscreen, I thought that the 360 capturing cameras made them always be "onscreen". Anyways, it is solved!

Thats all for now, Im will render my 8K movie =).

Once again, thanks for everything Nathan! I am a strong user of the whole AvProVideo product family, and loving it! Great work.

13. Admin_Friend_Factory

Admin_Friend_Factory

Hello @NathanRH ! What is the latest status regarding Android support for Movie Capture Pro? Thanks

14. NathanRH

NathanRH

There is a thread about it here
    https://github.com/RenderHeads/UnityPlugin-AVProMovieCapture/issues/53

We don't have any news regarding this feature at the moment. We're a small team working on the plugins so it takes us time to get around to all planned features.

Thanks,

15. Admin_Friend_Factory

Admin_Friend_Factory

Hello, we are having some sync issues with the Offline renderer. Is possible to try out the latest 4.4.2 version you are working on? Thanks

16. NathanRH

NathanRH

Could you give more details on the issue?

17. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi Everyone,

AVPro Movie Capture version 4.4.3 has just been released!

You can find the updated version on the Asset Store here:
    The trial version can be downloaded from our website:
    Changes include:

Improvements
    • Added a new helper component AudioSourceToWav for capturing Unity audio to WAV files
    • Allowed iOS to run as fast as possible when doing an offline capture
    Bug fixes
    • macOS / iOS
      • Fixed out of memory issue when software encoder is used
      • Fixed crash when using CaptureFromCamera caused by attempting to use a deallocated texture when performing a second capture
      • Fixed issue when using CaptureFromCamera with capture being solid red when using delayed start
      • Fixed a lock-up when exiting a standalone build by restricting debug log callback to editor only
    • Fixed CaptureAudioFromAudioRenderer to not capture when paused
    Other
    • D3D12 code now using AVProCore library

Thanks to everyone that reported bugs that were fixed in this release :)

Please report any issues here on the forum, or to our Github Issues

18. Admin_Friend_Factory

Admin_Friend_Factory

Thanks, my colleague addressed this on the Github page.

19. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi Everyone,

AVPro Movie Capture version 4.4.4 has just been released!

Changes include:

Bug fixes
    • Fixed manual audio capture mode not working without a microphone
    • Fixed Android compile issue
    • macOS / iOS
      • Fixed capture failing when using start delay in offline mode

20. IN_DarrenM

IN_DarrenM

Hi,

We have an older version of the plug-in (3.7.1), and we were having issues capturing audio that came from Wwise rather than Unity audio out - the new features seem to include audio capture directly from a system audio device, which sounds promising, but I just wanted to confirm before we paid for the upgrade.

21. NathanRH

NathanRH

Hi,

I'm afraid we don't have a new feature to capture from the system audio. Currently this is only possible if your system has a virtual microphone device called something like "Stereo Mix". It's usually disabled device, but once you enable it and then select it as as the audio device in the Movie Capture plugin, then it will capture system audio - but the presence of such a virtual microphone depends on the audio drivers.

Capturing directly from the system is something we will have on the roadmap.

We have some new audio capture features, but they are for capturing audio from Unity during an offline render.

Also if you ever want to test any of our plugins before purchase, all of them have free trial versions which can be downloaded from our website.

Thanks,

22. akalegman

akalegman

Hi, I have recently implemented the plugin for recording Webcam footage, it is working brilliantly. One thing I have noticed which I hope you can help me with is that when we cancel a capture we get an error when its trying to process the video with the codec. This will happen every time a capture is cancelled so we quickly get spammed with errors over time. Anyway of fixing this or disabling the auto video processing?

Thanks

23. NathanRH

NathanRH

Hi,

What is this error exactly?
    Which version of the plugin are you using and on which platform?

Thanks,

24. cksfk96

cksfk96

Hello. I love your product but I wonder why transparency HEVC .mov file recorded in ios or mac causes error when opened in window premiere pro. (other .mov files are opened perfectly in window premiere pro) Is there any reason or solution to solve this? I know encoding to other format like .mp4 is a solution, but I want to know why these recorded .mov files cause error.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  25. NathanRH

NathanRH

Hmm, I"m not sure...I think that's a question for the Premiere Pro team - unless other HEVC+Alpha are working....

26. netpost

netpost

@NathanRH

Is it possible to record EXR file using AVPro MovieCapture?

Thanks!

27. NathanRH

NathanRH

Hi!

Not currently....This is something we could investigate adding though. Is there any particular reason why you need EXR support over PNG?

Thanks,

28. netpost

netpost

@NathanRH Thanks for the quick reply.

OpenEXR file stores xyz position information in each pixel and allow blend of 2D images with 3D elements (fog,lights for example). Black magic Fusion studio uses this information for compositing and VFX.

29. akalegman

akalegman

Sorry for the delayed reply, the version is currently the trial - we will be buying it very soon once a few things are signed off. The platform is desktop (windows 10) and the error is a simple 'File not found [Path]'. It tries to process the video even when its cancelled.

30. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Ahhh I see. Well Unity has a method to save textures to EXR format, so I guess that could be used. You would need to generate the textures in the correct format for what you want though (eg frames with XYZ positions, normals etc), or use textures from the deferred renderer.

31. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Ahh...Hmm, well we will need more information as I can't reproduce the error. Which version of the plugin are you using? And exactly what do you do to make those steps happen? Ideally use one of our sample scenes as an example.
    For the best chance of a resolution please post the details of the issue to our GitHub Issues where our support team will be able to investigate:
    https://github.com/RenderHeads/UnityPlugin-AVProMovieCapture/issues

Thanks,

32. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi Everyone,

AVPro Movie Capture version 4.4.5 has just been released!

Changes include:

Bug fixes
    • macOS / iOS
      • Fixed issue with offline capture mode where the captured video track length would be shorter than the audio track length
    • Windows
      • Fixed a potential deadlock issue when stopping capture without any frames written

33. netpost

netpost

@NathanRH

I did not know about the textures preparation first. I think I have to learn a little more about the EXR format and Unity. :)

I will keep using the simpler PNG format. :)

Thanks again!

34. paultennent

paultennent

I'm wondering about offline capture. I have a system where I'm simultaneously playing many videos (using one of your other plugins). What I want to know is if I can offline capture this at high resolution (for 360 capture) and have the videos (and their sound) record correctly. I just thought I'd check if this was going to be possible before writing the code to try it. It looks like it should be feasible with your TimelineController component? I'm just curious if your players will interact with this?

35. NathanRH

NathanRH

It's possible to capture the videos in offline mode, but not the sound. To capture the videos smoothly in AVPro Video there is an option in the Global section called TimeScale Support - if you enable this then the videos will be synced during offline captures. In this mode though they will not play audio.

Thanks,

36. AJMaceikaBrightLine

AJMaceikaBrightLine

Hey is there a way to only capture a specific section of a camera view? I am running in to performance issues trying to capture a camera and then crop the video down to the size and position needed.

37. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Currently there is no built-in way to do this. You would have to make your own system to render a section to a texture and then pass that texture to the CaptureFromTexture component to encode it into a video.

38. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi Everyone,

AVPro Movie Capture version 4.5.0 has just been released!

Changes include:

Improvements

• New Ambisonics audio capture feature
      • 1st, 2nd or 3rd order ambisonics captured to WAV file from positional AudioSource components
      • All common formats supported, such as FuMA and ACN/SN3D B-format
      • Optimised for real-time capture
      • New demo scene added
    • Captures now respond to editor play/pause button
    Bug fixes
    • macOS
      • Fixed issue with captures stalling after two seconds when using the OpenGL renderer.

39. netpost

netpost

This is Fantastic! Thank you so much for adding this feature. It will be really useful.

Is this also working in off-line capture? When recording high quality stereoscopic VR (for example using 3840 x 3840 pixels) in could be hard to avoid drop frame using realtime record.

40. NathanRH

NathanRH

Thanks!
    It doesn't really work in off-line capture, unless you can feed the AudioSource manually. It might be possible to capture the high quality visuals in offline and then the audio in real-time mode.

41. netpost

netpost

@NathanRH

This is a great option and not a big deal for me. Thanks!

42. EmagineVR

EmagineVR

Great asset, thank you. Do you have any tips/guidelines for HDRP 360 ODS renders? Any tests have not turned out well and I can't seem to get it to work at all. Is it possible? About to give up and use URP.

43. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Could you give some details of what issues you're having?
    Temporal or screen space post-processing effects do not work in general with 360 capture so most of those need to be disabled when using HDRP with 360 capture.

Thanks,

44. EmagineVR

EmagineVR

In the renders it's like the image is cut in half with black patches. I could send you a pm with a sample?

Anyways, I'll check over everything to make sure there's no post processing in there and get back.

45. EmagineVR

EmagineVR

In the HDRP settings I found that it uses exposure to create the lighting. Bit of a fight to make it look as good without it, but the renders are working as expected without the exposure checked.

46. citron8000

citron8000

Hello there, are you planning to support capturing audio from Unity + the microphone at the same time? That would be super useful.

47. firepad9

firepad9

sad0.0 ,It not work in zspace device! @AndrewRH

48. firepad9

firepad9

CaptureFromScreen NOT WORK CaptureFromCamera WORK:)

49. Jimbo_Slice

Jimbo_Slice

Hi there! Really enjoying the asset and just downloaded the latest updates to avail of the embedded audio capture!

I am having issues, however, trying to utilize this for multiple offline cameras / using the CaptureAudioFromAudioRenderer script. The way I have set it up is that each camera prefab has its own CaptureFromCamera as well as its own CaptureAudioFromAudioRenderer component. When I start the capture process with only 1 active camera it all works as expected but with more than 1 active camera it flags the following error.

Code (CSharp):
    1. Error: AudioRender.Start() called while system was already recording.
    2. UnityEngine.AudioRenderer:Start()
    3. RenderHeads.Media.AVProMovieCapture.CaptureAudioFromAudioRenderer:StartCapture() (at Assets/Plugins/RenderHeads/AVProMovieCapture/Runtime/Scripts/Components/CaptureAudioFromAudioRenderer.cs:43)
    4. RenderHeads.Media.AVProMovieCapture.CaptureBase:StartCapture() (at Assets/Plugins/RenderHeads/AVProMovieCapture/Runtime/Scripts/Internal/CaptureBase.cs:1900)
    I have hacked at the CaptureAudioFromAudioRenderer component to get a semi working solution but before I move forward I just wanted to check if this should be possible out of the box or is on the roadmap?

Many thanks

UPDATE: I am happy with my working solution now :)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
  50. NathanRH

NathanRH

Yes that's true - for 360 capture the exposure needs to be disabled as it is a camera-space effect unforuntely.