Search Unity

[Released] AVPro Movie Capture

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AndrewRH, Jan 24, 2012.

1. to8touser

to8touser

Hello,Is there support HDRP+DXR ?
    I use the latest version(Trial Version) can't record screen and has an error "Failed to create recorder".

2. NathanRH

NathanRH

Hi,
    HDRP+DXR shoudl be supported. DXR is not something we have tried but I can't think of a reason for it not to work.
    As for the latest version not working - that's odd. Do the demo scenes not work either? And which platform are you running on?
    Thanks,

3. to8touser

to8touser

Thank you for your reply.
    The demo scenes does not work either.
    My project is the HDRP sample project and upgrade to HDRP+DXR,which use Direct3D 12.Is there not support d3d12?
    I open the editor capture window and it said "Consider switching to Direct3D11 for best capture results. You may need to change your Build platform to Windows."

4. NathanRH

NathanRH

Ahh...Yes we do not support D3D12 currently :( This is something we hope to add support for in the future!

5. xharkx

xharkx

Hi.
    I create clean project and import Free Trial Version[DemoUnityPlugin-AVProMovieCapture-Latest-Trial.unitypackage].
    Build application success,but I can't install app to my iPhone.
    It's say Unable to Install Please Try Again Later.
    If I remove Plugins\RenderHeads folder, I can install app to my iPhone.
    How can solve this problem?
    Thank you.

Unity 2019.1.6f1

6. xharkx

xharkx

• Unity version:Unity 2019.1.6f1
    • AVPro Movie Capture version:Free Trial Version
    • Operating system version:Windows 10 pro 64bit

7. NathanRH

NathanRH

Hi, thanks for reporting this issue. I'm afraid we're not sure what could be causing this. We do most of our builds to iPhone's from macOS and not Windows. Perhaps there is something that is needed from XCode. I know Apple have recently increased their requirements for making secure builds. Perhaps you could post your issue to our Issue Tracker so that our Support Team can investigate?

https://github.com/RenderHeads/UnityPlugin-AVProMovieCapture/issues

Please provide as much information as possible, including any sort of debug log if possible, and also the exact version of the plugin used (it will print to the Unity editor console window).

Perhaps you could also try with the newer version of Unity (as 2019.1.6 is almost a year old) as Apple's strict requirements change frequently and it may be fixed in a newer version of Unity?

Thanks,

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  8. NathanRH

NathanRH

Just a small update - we have tested building on Windows and then deploying to iOS device (from a Mac as it has to go through XCode), and it works fine for us on Unity 2019.1.6 and newer Unity 2019.3.x versions.

9. xharkx

xharkx

Wow, thank you!
    I try Unity 2019 3.2f,but still no luck.
    Maybe I use iOS Project Builder for Windows.
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/utilities/ios-project-builder-for-windows-15522

Could you tell me, Which Xcode version do you use?

10. NathanRH

NathanRH

11. xharkx

xharkx

12?
    I think newest Xcode version is 11.5.

I use Xcode version 11.4,so maybe this is not problem.
    well,thank you for your support.

12. NathanRH

NathanRH

Oops you're right about the version :)

I'm not really sure what else to suggest, because we tested it here and didn't have any problems.

For us to investigate further we would need more information. If you would like us to dig deeper please report the issue to our Issue Tracker so that our support team can investigate:

https://github.com/RenderHeads/UnityPlugin-AVProMovieCapture/issues

They would also find some additional information useful:
    1. iOS device type
    2. iOS version
    3. device console log
    4. send them the generated XCode project if possible (private files can be to unitysupport@renderheads.com)
    Thanks,

13. hierro__

hierro__

Hi, I just tried the demo, running on windows, what I need is to render PNG images with alpha channel in order to remove background.
    No matter how I set it up, the alpha channel preview is fully white and images have no alpha, what am I missing ?

Thank you in advance for help

14. NathanRH

NathanRH

Hi,

Did you try the demo scene (Demo06-TransparencyCapture) that is set up to output transparent video?

All you should have to do is:
    1) Use the CaptureFromCamera component
    2) Tick the "Support Alpha" option in the Visual section of the component
    3) Set your camera clear mode to Clear and set the clear color to have alpha value 0

This should then work.

If you have using HDRP or URP though, then you may also have to go into the HDRP options and change the format of the rendering buffer, as by defautl it doesn't contain an alpha channel.

I hope that helps?

Thanks,

15. hierro__

hierro__

Hi, thank you for hint, I simply changed the color buffer format and it finally considered Alpha, thank you very much.

Really thanks for pointing me at alpha solution :)

P.s.: I couldnt find the scene Demo06-TransparencyCapture, in the trial package.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
  16. NathanRH

NathanRH

Glad it worked :)

Is the file not in /Assets/Plugins/RenderHeads/AVProMovieCapture/Demos/Scenes ?

17. brytag

brytag

Any timeline on DX12 support? I am supper bummed to find after purchase that this is not supported:(. Thanks!

18. NathanRH

NathanRH

We actually have someone working on it right now. I can't promise anything, but we really hope to have something within the next 2 weeks.

Thanks,

19. brytag

brytag

Great to hear--thanks for the response!

20. musicdeveloper

musicdeveloper

Hello AVPro team,

I develop the SeeMusic app, which allows users to render videos of their piano performances with special effects.

The app already works with a different rendering framework (NatCorder), but that plugin does not have as many features as Movie Capture, and also has some compatibility issues with some Windows computers.
    I'm really hoping to replace it with AVPro Movie Capture, and I've almost been able to do this.

Unfortunately, it looks like there are still some restrictions in the way that the AVPro Movie Capture framework is set up that make it difficult, if not impossible to do what I am already doing successfully with NatCorder, and I'm hoping that unnecessary restriction can be removed.

- Currently, there's a hard limit in AVPro Movie Capture that audio cannot be recorded in Offline Rendering.
    From a development perspective, I understand that the way your developers saw it was that if the scene isn't playing back in realtime, there's no way to smoothly encode audio.

- However, if the audio has already been recorded, it's easy to retrieve and commit audio samples from an existing audio file while doing the offline encoding for the video. I'm happy to share code that shows how easy it is to do this.

- By overwriting some of CaptureBase.cs and CaptureFromCamera.cs, I have already gotten AVPro Movie Capture to successfully encode audio offline - so I can definitively tell you it's very possible, and easy, to commit audio samples in offline rendering.

- Unfortunately, because of the way the framework is currently set up, Movie Capture only seems to allow audio encoding at all in Realtime mode. I can't seem to find a way to override the Realtime Clock for the video in Realtime mode, so the video plays back at the speed it was rendered in realtime - while the offline-committed audio samples are perfect.

- So at the moment, it seems I can either have:
    1) Offline rendered video with no sound, period.
    2) Realtime rendered video where the sound is encoded perfectly using my custom offline audio encoding code, but the video plays back at the speed that it rendered.

- I'm essentially just asking if you can remove the restriction that doesn't allow any audio to be committed in Offline Rendering?

My email is visualmusicdesign@gmail.com.
    If you'd like to check out how the existing rendering process works in my app, you can check it out from www.visualmusicdesign.com/seemusic

Thank you!
    Peter

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  21. PenguStudios

PenguStudios

YES! YES! YES! YES!

NathanRH likes this.
  22. Colin_MacLeod

Colin_MacLeod

Hi AV Pro People!

When using CaptureFromScreen, is it possible to rotate the recording?

My app is in portrait mode, but I want the recorded video to be landscape - is there anything I can do to influence this?

23. Colin_MacLeod

Colin_MacLeod

So the answer was obvious enough in case anyone else stumbles across this. AVPro will respect the orientation if you set it using Screen.orientation, so for example:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Screen.orientation = ScreenOrientation.LandscapeLeft
    worked for me (after I rejigged my UI).

NathanRH likes this.
  24. adriansotov

adriansotov

Im getting a strange behavior on 360 capture mode when using the XR Unity package. Any ideas what might be happening? Annotation 2020-07-07 010946.png

25. adriansotov

adriansotov

The issue only happens when using the Universal Render pipeline, is it that the plugin is not compatible with it? This issue is for monoscopic, I know stereoscopic is not working

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
  26. NathanRH

NathanRH

Thanks for reporting this - we will continue looking into it your GitHub post

27. makaka-org

makaka-org

Hi, Can I record game audio & device mic audio simultaneously?

28. NathanRH

NathanRH

I'm afraid this isn't supported yet, but it's on our list for the future :)

Thanks,

29. brytag

brytag

Just checking in for an update on this one...it has now been a month. Thanks!

30. NathanRH

NathanRH

This week :)

brytag likes this.
  31. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi Everyone,

AVPro Movie Capture version 4.4.0 has just been released!

You can find the updated version on the Asset Store here:
    The trial version can be downloaded from our website:
    Changes include:

Improvements
    • Windows
      • Added support for native D3D12 capture. This is an experimental new feature.
    • General
      • Added new Manual audio source mode which works in both realtime and offline captures modes allowing audio to be manually sent to the encoder via the API
      • Added new AudioFromAudioClip component which allows an AudioClip to be encoded into the video
      • CaptureFromCamera has better logic for selecting the appropriate texture format to use (HDR, transparent etc)
      • Fixed a bug where an exception would be thrown if none of the codecs listed in search list were available
    Bug fixes
    • Windows
      • Fixed an issue where AVI uncompressed audio was never selectable

Thanks to everyone that reported bugs that were fixed in this release :)

Please report any issues here on the forum, or to our Github Issues

32. NathanRH

NathanRH

Hi, a colleague shared with me your tweet about the denoiser. Perhaps you could explain your setup and the issue so we can investigate it?

33. netpost

netpost

@NathanRH

I am using the latest 4.4.0 revision. When moving a regular camera everything works fine but I have a problem with object appearing later when moving a 360 camera. Here is the link to two short videos. In the normal camera the radiators are there from the start but using the 360 camera, the radiators near the two windows appears much later.

Is this a script priority order problem? If it is, what should I change to fix this?

Thank you for yuor help!

https://we.tl/t-w4XztjGqwE

34. NathanRH

NathanRH

Hi,

Yes that's very strange.

Is there anything special about the radiators that would cause them to disappear? Like do they have a LOD group attached perhaps? I don't think it's a script order issue.....since they pop up halfway through the capture... If you could give us more information then we can investigate.

It's best to post issues to Github here so that our support team can investigate and solve it ASAP:
    https://github.com/RenderHeads/UnityPlugin-AVProMovieCapture/issues/new/choose

If you have a sample scene that has the issue you could email a link to it via our product support email here:
    https://www.renderheads.com/contact/

Thanks,

35. netpost

netpost

@NathanRH

Thanks for the quick reply Nathan. I am not sure but I think it was a stupid mistake and related to my camera that was set to Occlusion culling. It works fine now.

On another note, I have a feature request if you are looking for more work. ;)
    Do you think it would be possible to add a feature to save resolution presets in a future update. In VR 360 there are many different resolutions that aren't in the resolution list and it would be much easier to be able to save presets by name or If this isn't possible perhaps you can add some more resolutions in the list. Even better, it would be amazing if the saved presets would save other setting tabs including the downscale, the encoding setting etc,. This is just a wish list of course!

Thank you again for your help.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
    NathanRH likes this.
  36. leavittx

leavittx

Hello! I'd like to know whether it's possible to capture and save the WebCamTexture video stream to disk using your plugin. I'd need to be able to do it at same time with renderting the same texture (with some additional effects, so not possible to direct capture the unity window). So it should be like a background recording of the webcam. Thanks!

37. NathanRH

NathanRH

Hi,

Yes we have a demo scene in the package that shows how to capture WebCamTexture directly to disk. It uses the CaptureFromTexture component. You can find the demo scene in the trial package.

Let me know if you have any problems.

Thanks,

leavittx likes this.
  38. NathanRH

NathanRH

Hi Everyone,

AVPro Movie Capture version 4.4.1 has just been released!

You can find the updated version on the Asset Store here:
    The trial version can be downloaded from our website:
    Changes include:

Improvements
    • Offline renders can now capture audio directly from Unity. This requires Unity 2017.3 or newer. It uses a new component called CaptureAudioFromAudioRenderer
    • Added new CaptureFromWebCamTexture component and updated the Webcam capture demo
    • Removed old #define code related to Unity versions pre-5.6
    Bug fixes
    • Added a clamp and warning if the selected cube map size is not supported by the system

Thanks to everyone that reported bugs that were fixed in this release :)

Please report any issues here on the forum, or to our Github Issues

39. voodooace12

voodooace12

40. NathanRH

NathanRH

Hmm thats strange. Could you try installing it again?

41. lcmin45

lcmin45

Hi
    I had a problem like this

[AVProMovieCapture] Audio buffer overflow, may cause sync issues. Disable this component if not recording Unity audio.

There is a sync issue and recording Unity audio should also be used.
    I want to know a solution.

Unity version is 2019.2.8f1
    AVProMovieCapture version is Latest version
    (Latest release date Jul 30, 2020)

Thank you.

42. NathanRH

NathanRH

I would recommend that you upgrade to the latest version of the plugin (released 21 August) - we have some improvements in the audio capture components. Otherwise, it sounds like the CaptureAudioFromAudioListener component (it may be called UnityAudioCapture) is enabled before the capture is started. Disable the compoent and let the capture component handle the enabling/disabling of it.

Thanks,

43. Juanola_

Juanola_

Hello! Loving AVProVideoCapture, great asset =).

So, Im having a little bit of trouble. Im trying to capture a VR Scene using the Camera 360 Stereo ODS.

In my unity scene, there is a parte where everything is scaled down (Everything happens in an area less than 0.5 Unity units). The near clipping plan is fine, as it is seen correctly in the HMD. Nonetheless, in that part, Capture is not working, and it gives me a black output.

Is there a problem when using tiny scales?

Thanks!

44. NathanRH

NathanRH

Thanks, could you explain a bit more about how this scaling is happening - perhaps a screenshot to help us understand?

Does the capture go black suddenly at a certain scale, or is it a gradual disappearance?

Are you adjusting your camera's near Clip plane value in real-time, or is it fixed?

Our ODS capture system creates it's own cameras, so there is a chance that their near plane value is not correct. You could try editing CaptureFromCamera360ODS.cs line 136 and try inserting:

Code (CSharp):
    1.             camera.nearClipPlane = _settings.camera.nearClipPlane;
    2.             camera.farClipPlane = _settings.camera.farClipPlane;
    Does that help?

Thanks,

45. Juanola_

Juanola_

Fantastic! Changing the clipping plane as suggested, solved my problem. Now the capture is done correctly.

Thank you!

NathanRH likes this.
  46. NathanRH

NathanRH

We will get that change into the next version of the plugin - thanks again for reporting the issue, that is how we improve :)

47. leavittx

leavittx

Is it possible to call StopCapture() outside of the Unity main thread?
    That operation can take quite some time in my experience. Don't want to block the UI.
    Thanks!

48. NathanRH

NathanRH

Ahh good question....Yes I think you could call it on another thread...it's not something we've tried. We certainly should make an async version of StopCapture - I've added it to as an issue here:
    https://github.com/RenderHeads/UnityPlugin-AVProMovieCapture/issues/71

Thanks,

49. leavittx

leavittx

Glad that's something you're thinking of! I believe you can't do that ATM!
    It has GL.IssuePluginEvent and other code which only can be executed inside Unity main thread : (
    The call time might be above 1 second. I guess the most of the time takes video container flushing (which certanly can be done in background). Would be also quite useful to be notified when the (future) async StopCapture will finish its work. Looking forward to it and thanks!

50. Juanola_

Juanola_

Hi! Once again, thanks a lot for your help!

Im having a new issue. Particles are not being captured by the Capture360ODS camera. THey appear in the game view, but in the rendered frames they do not.

Particles are in the default layer, so nothing weird there. By the way, im using URP.

Any suggestion??
    Thanks!