Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] AVPro Movie Capture

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AndrewRH, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Ste-RH

Ste-RH

For those who also hit this issue...solution is outlined here: https://github.com/RenderHeads/UnityPlugin-AVProMovieCapture/issues/25

2. Ste-RH

Ste-RH

Try setting to capture as an offline capture mode. This will preserve all frames and you will get a 60fps video (as long as you set-up capture as 60fps as well). The downside, you cannot capture audio in offline capture mode :(

3. Ste-RH

Ste-RH

I am afraid currently you cannot adjust bitrate at capture-time. You could re-encode after capture down to a lower bitrate using something like ffmpeg. Bitrate adjustment at capture time is certainly a feature we are wanting to add in the future.

4. Ste-RH

Ste-RH

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue. I have just started a fresh project, downloaded the trial version, built up a simple scene, captured. This is all with Unity 2018.3.14f1. What version of unity are you using? Have you tried another version? Have you tried importing into a fresh project?

5. Lordmin

Lordmin

1. Can you roughly know when 'future' is?
    (Our project is ending in February next year.)

2. Can I adjust the bitrate using the 'FFmpeg Unity Bind' asset in a windows program?

6. TeamMEW

TeamMEW

I found the "Contributing Cameras" feature not working on macOS. Only the main camera is captured.
    It works fine on Windows. (Unity 2019.1.10f1)

And does it have the ability to capture only some areas of the screen? I need this feature.

7. Ste-RH

Ste-RH

1) I don't think that soon. Sorry.

2) Sorry, that is a plugin I have no knowledge of.

8. Ste-RH

Ste-RH

You could set-up a camera o=to capture parts of the scene you are interested int. Capturing does not need to be the screen or main camera only.

9. atlas_r

atlas_r

Hi! Does recording 360 video work with the Universal Render Pipeline?

10. TeamMEW

TeamMEW

Multiple cameras are working in different places and combine them into one screen. So capturing some areas of the screen is complicated.
    It would be simple if CaptureFromScreen could capture some area. I would like that feature.

And please fix "Contributing Cameras" as soon as possible. It does not work properly on MacOS.

I want to buy this plugin, but it would be nice to fix the error in macOS.

11. Maskvp

Maskvp

Hi~
    I use unity Free trial version 360Capture
    see White Line
    if i buy formal edition
    Will the white lines disappear?

Attached Files:

12. Ste-RH

Ste-RH

Yes. The white line is part of the watermarking. It is not there in the license/purchased version.

13. Ste-RH

Ste-RH

14. Ste-RH

Ste-RH

Can you elaborate on 'please fix Contributing Cameras on macOS' ? We have tested it here and it all works as it should do.

15. svanderbeck

svanderbeck

What is the proper way to know when a video is done saving and encoding? Essentially we want to use (or create) a OnVideoSaveComplete event that we can hook into to know when it is safe to move a newly recorded video file.

16. Ste-RH

Ste-RH

What platform are you referring to?

I believe the 'Stop' call on Windows is blocking. MacOS we are aware requires a feature addition.

17. svanderbeck

svanderbeck

Yes I was referring to Windows. If Stop is blocking then that would solve all the problems.

In that case, would 'Stop' be threadsafe or could it be called from outside the main Unity thread?

18. ultraschall

ultraschall

Hello Renderheads Team, any news on allowing adjustments of the video bitrate ? We are desperately waiting for this feature. Thanks.

19. TeamMEW

TeamMEW

Windows build and Mac build work differently.
    This app uses 3 cameras.
    See screenshot.

Camera (depth = 2): show only UI
    BackCamera (depth = 1): Shows the background of the stadium
    MainCamera (depth = 0): show only objects

Windows build normally displays the screen.
    However, the Mac build only captures the UI that "Camera" shows. (Text only)

20. netpost

netpost

Hi,

I am trying to render a text (title and Credits) with the rest of my unity scene. I can see the text in play mode but the AVPro movie capture asset doesn't record the text. Would it be possible to know how to do this simple task?

Thank you.

21. martinreimer

martinreimer

Using Unity 2019.2 the offline renderer does not create a valid mpg video and its also not creating any image sequences. Real-time renderer works but the FPS drops too low for it to be usable for my needs. Please provide some help.

22. NathanRH

NathanRH

Thanks, this seems like a genuine bug. We will investigate. I have a few questions though:

1 )Which version of AVPro Movie Capture are you using?
    2) And were you also using Unity 2019.1.10f1 on macOS?

Thanks,

23. NathanRH

NathanRH

a few questions:
    1) How is the text being rendered (uGUI Overlay, uGUI Camera, uGUI World, IMGUI etc)?
    2) Which platform is this on?
    3) Which version of AVPro Movie Capture and Unity are you using?
    4) Which component are you using to capture it - CaptureFromScreen, CaptureFromCamera etc, or the Movie Capture Window?

Thanks,

24. NathanRH

NathanRH

Hmmm that's strange...a few questions:

1) Which platform is this on?
    2) Which version of AVPro Movie Capture and Unity are you using?
    3) Which component are you using to capture it - CaptureFromScreen, CaptureFromCamera etc, or the Movie Capture Window?

Thanks,

25. NathanRH

NathanRH

Thanks for reporting this. I have created a Github Issue here:
    https://github.com/RenderHeads/UnityPlugin-AVProMovieCapture/issues/29

I just want to confirm that this was with Unity 2019.2.0f1?
    Also, which version of AVPro Movie Capture were you using?
    Which video codec were you rendering out to?

Thanks,

26. netpost

netpost

@NathanRH

Thanks for the reply. I solved it by using worldspace in my canvas UI.

But I have another question. Is it possible to capture video across multiple scenes? I noticed an option "persist across scene loads". But I haven't been able to make it work. Do we have to duplicate the same camera to all scene?
    Thank you.

27. Aaron-Meyers

Aaron-Meyers

It was Unity 2019.2, yes. I was using the free trial version from your website, but I don't have it integrated in the project anymore so I can't really get more specific than that. However, I can tell you that I definitely would have tested it with all the codecs available. If it had worked properly with any of them, I would have gone ahead and bought the full version and not bothered to report anything!

28. NathanRH

NathanRH

We have tracked down the issue with Linear and it has been fixed for the upcoming version. The issue where it just refuses to capture is very strange though and we haven't replicated it yet.
    Thanks again for your valuable feedback!

29. NathanRH

NathanRH

It depends... If you're using the CaptureFromScreen component, and you set it to persist between scene reloads, then you shouldn't have to do anything.

If you're using CaptureFromCamera, then if you load a new scene and the old camera is destroyed then you would need to call the SetCamera() method with the new camera in your scene. I hope that makes sense.. We should probably add an option to make it just default to any available MainCamera in the scene....

30. StudioEvil

StudioEvil

Hei!
    We'd like to use your plugins on different multiplatform mobile projects, but... no android version yet? (It's the 75% of the market now) :p

31. netpost

netpost

I am recording VR 360 videos so I am using CapturefromCamera. Calling the SetCamera() method is a bit over my head but it would be so great if you could default to any available camera in the scene. I would gladly upgrade to V4 just for this feature.

32. NathanRH

NathanRH

We have added this feature now - it will be available in 4.0.3 which should be released in the next few days.

Thanks four your feedback,

33. NathanRH

NathanRH

:cool: yeah....we haven't had time to add Android support yet :) It's on our wishlist!

34. netpost

netpost

@NathanRH

That's great! Looking forward to it.

35. netpost

netpost

@NathanRH

I noticed that the MAC version support H265 (HEVC)but I don't see it in Windows. H265 is now the new trend because it can support 8k 60fps stereoscopic 360 video. To produce serious VR 360 video you have to be able to deliver this codec format. Do you have any plans to supported it on on Windows soon? We really need this...

36. NathanRH

NathanRH

Yes, this is planned to be available soon!
    In the meantime I recommend exporting to an intermediate format and then you'll be able to do a better H.265 compression using external tools which will give better flexibility for creating the best quality compression.
    Thanks,

User340 likes this.
  37. netpost

netpost

@NathanRH

This is great news!

38. zazizazi

zazizazi

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  39. NathanRH

NathanRH

Thanks, we also just spotted this - it's fixed in the next release due out today. Cheers,

40. NathanRH

NathanRH

Hi Everyone,

AVPro Movie Capture version 4.0.3 has just been released!

You can find the updated version on the Asset Store here:
    The trial version can be downloaded from our website:
    Changes include:

Improvements
    • CaptureFromTexture and CaptureFromCamera now support HDR
    • Added new CameraSelector component which allows between control over the camera used for capturing and enables seamless camera capture of between scene loads
    • Added new TimelineController component for keeping Playables timelines in sync with capture
    • Added a new optional delay for the start of capture
    • macOS / iOS
      • Added new class FileWritingHandler which allows the user to check that the stopped capture has completed writing the file. See the ScreenCaptureDemo.cs script for example of how to use this.
    Bug fixes
    • Fixed bug in CaptureFromCamera where mixing MSAA/HDR cameras would cause some cameras to not render
    • Fixed bug in CaptureFromTexture where using Linear textures caused capture to be too dark
    • Fixed constant file size query after capture completed
    • Fixed expected plugin version number
    • Fixed some compile errors when targeting other build platforms
    • iOS
      • Fixed function name collision bug with Vuforia plugin

Thanks to everyone that reported bugs that were fixed in this release :)

Please report any issues here on the forum, or to our Github Issues

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    User340 likes this.
  41. zazizazi

zazizazi

Oh, this was a fast one!
    Thanks!
    :)

NathanRH likes this.
  42. User340

User340

The "Full" url is not working for me, going to old/deprecated version.

43. NathanRH

NathanRH

Thansk for letting us know. It's fixed now, it should take you here.

44. User340

User340

Yup. It's working now.

45. BirdInTheCity

BirdInTheCity

I'm having an issue on iOS (testing w/ iPhone Pro 11 Max) where the AR live camera background and digital imagery is appearing much darker in the output capture file than it is on-screen in Unity. Does this have to do with using linear color space? How would I resolve so that my saved video is consistent with the screen image?

EDIT: This bug seems to be tracked (and supposedly fixed) on Github. But I am using the latest demo version (v4.0.3) and am still seeing this bug.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  46. NathanRH

NathanRH

Thanks for reporting this. We're working on a fix for this, but first we have to be able to reproduce it. If you could help us work out what components and settings you're using?

47. NathanRH

NathanRH

Hi Everyone,

AVPro Movie Capture version 4.0.4 has just been released!

Changes include:

Bug fixes
    • iOS
      • Fixed linear/gamma issue on iPhone where capture was too dark
    • macOS
      • Fixed PNG alpha issue when capturing from screen
    • macOS / iOS
      • Fixed a crash introduced in 4.0.3 when trying to capture consecutively, and also capture sessions not being free’d when there was no FileWritingHandler listener freeing the sessions

48. netpost

netpost

Congratulations on your new release!

I am demoing the new revision. Would it be possible to explain the workflow when recording across the scene. My main question is since AVPro movie capture does not destroy the main camera between and when loading a new scene, I guess there is no need to duplicate the camera for each scene right? Is it possible to explain a little bit on the "camera selector field" such as "select by" and "scan frequency".

One other question, I made a small test recording with the HD render pipeline and I had problem rendering in VR 360. I see a lot of drawback such as lines appearing etc... Can AVPro Movie capture record using the HD render pipeline?
    I might do something wrong since I did not make many tests.

Thank you.

49. NathanRH

NathanRH

HI netpost,

AVPro Movie Capture doesn't do anything to the cameras, except use them as a refernce for what to capture. So unless you have those camera GameObjects set to persist across scene loads via Object.DontDestroyOnLoad
    https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Object.DontDestroyOnLoad.html
    Then it will be destroyed, and when the new scene loads with a new camera, that camera will not be automatically assigned to Movie Capture, so you would have to do this manually.

This is why we added the new system to allow for the camera to be found dynamically. By default the frequency of the scanning for a new camera is set to happen each time a scene load occurs. You can also set this to per-frame which is expensive but useful if you are creating cameras dynamically, or manual if you want to handle it yourself. In the select-by field you can set which camera it will use. If you set it to use the Main camera, it will use any camera that has the MainCamera tag applied. So as long as each scene has a MainCamera it will find them and it will work seamlessly.

For the issues with 360 capture - could you post an image of the lines?

I believe the plugin does support HDRP, but it isn't something we have used a lot...

Thanks,

50. NathanRH

NathanRH

Hi Everyone,

AVPro Movie Capture version 4.0.5 has just been released!

Changes include:

Bug fixes
    • iOS / macOS
      • Fixed corrupt video issue when capturing from screen using MSAA (anti-aliasing)