Search Unity

[Released] AVPro Movie Capture

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AndrewRH, Jan 24, 2012.

1. GCCooper

GCCooper

I would like to second the 180 support. You would effectively double your resolution with the same amount of computing power.

2. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

You can perhaps start your video capture in a paused state, and then unpause the recording as soon as you begin your ffmpeg capture. That should help. But using two different systems for capture isn't ideal. We will try to add audio support for named pipes soon.

Thanks,

3. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Do you mean 180 degree video capture?

That's an interesting idea....Perhaps we can add that to the roadmap.

GCCooper likes this.
  4. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi Everyone,

AVPro Movie Capture version 3.4.0 has just been released!

You can find the updated version on the Asset Store here:
    more information and demos are available on our website.

Changes include:

Improvements
    • CaptureFromTexture now has logic to signal when the texture has changed, making texture capture more controllable, and capturing from webcam textures produce smoother results
    • CaptureFromCamera UI improved to make working with contributing cameras easier
    • API: videoCodecPriority field changed to a property so that it correctly calls SelectCodec() when changed
    • API: forceGpuFlush added to force the GPU to flush during each capture, which causes less latency but can reduce performance
    • Better codec enumeration so non-compressors are no longer included, and Logitech’s old video encoder is now excluded as it causes problems on some systems and isn’t generally useful
    Bug Fixes
    • Fixed issue when using MF H.264 codec where pausing didn’t properly pause the internal clock
    Other
    • Webcam demo changed to only capture a single camera at once since multi-source capture isn’t working currently, and to use the new manual signal with CaptureFromTexture to make sure no frames are missing or duplicated
    Thanks,

5. GCCooper

GCCooper

Yes, I mean 180 degree stereo video capture. I believe the value of increased resolution would significantly outweigh the cost of only being able to look forward. We're interested in using this as a realtime demo of sorts for our VR application (https://vspatial.com/).

6. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi Everyone,

AVPro Movie Capture version 3.4.2 has just been released!

Changes include:

Improvements
    • Added new 180 degree capture mode to the 360 and 360ODS capture components
    Bug Fixes
    • CaptureFromCamera component now includes contributing cameras that are disabled in case they are enabled later
    • Script execution order of capture components changed from 100 to 29000 so capture happens later than user scripts
    Other
    • “View last capture” button now coloured to improve workflow

Please report any issues here on the forum, or to our customer support email.

Thanks,

GCCooper likes this.
  7. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Just added a new build with 180 support :)

GCCooper likes this.
  8. garryjnewman

garryjnewman

Any tips on getting decent performance when running in editor?

I can capture at 60fps standalone debug, same resolution etc.. but when I try it in editor I hit around 40fps. Even weirder, if I try to record in editor at 30fps I barely get over 20fps.

Editor is 2018.1.0f2

9. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

That's odd. I know that the editor does add some extra overhead, but I wouldn't expect it to be that much. I have a few questions:

1) Which version of AVPro Movie Capture are you using?
    2) Which capture component are you using (FromScreen, FromCamera, FromCamera360 etc)?
    3) Which codec are you using?
    4) Are you capturing audio from Unity?

Thanks,

10. GCCooper

GCCooper

Thanks a ton! :)

11. Deleted User

Deleted User

Importing issue:
    When I imported this asset, it doesn't show in the menu but in the Project. How can I fix this?

12. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Thanks, I'm not sure what you mean exactly. The only thing we put in the menu is the Movie Capture Window which can be found by going to "Window > Open AVPro Movie Capture".

upload_2018-5-23_13-44-40.png

the only reason I could think for this not appearing, is if you have a Script error in the Console. Scripts errors must be resolved first because items are added to the menu.

I hope this resolves it for you. Let me know.

Thanks,

Deleted User likes this.
  13. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi Everyone,

AVPro Movie Capture version 3.4.4 has just been released!

Changes include:

Improvements
    • Added new timelapse field to allow videos to be captured at a fraction of the rate at which they will be played back. The field timelapseScale controls this. If your video frame rate is set to 30 and timelapseScale is set to 2 then it will capture only at 15fps, but generate a 30fps video
    Bug Fixes
    • Fixed rare issue where render functions could become null
    • Blocked FFDShow codec from enumerating as this old codec is quite buggy and could cause crashes
    Other
    • Improved version number function

Thanks,

14. Deleted User

Deleted User

Thanks! I found it. I guess I was using the old version and the AVPro didn't show in "Project" panel so I was confused.
    Btw, about the transparent exporting, I followed this instruction "13. How can I create transparent videos with an alpha channel?" on page 35 but I failed to do so. Here's the screenshots.

Attached Files:

15. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi,

Yes it looks like we forgot a step. You need to:

• Set the capture camera clear flags to “Solid Color”

I hope that helps you.

Thanks,

16. tobetobe

tobetobe

Hello! I'm attempting to use this plugin as an in-game camera, but I'm running into problems with audio. It seems no matter what I do the audio in my video files stutters quite a bit. I've tried both the CaptureFromCamera and CameraFromTexture components using the MF h.264 encoder, and I've ensured that there's only one UnityAudioCapture component in the scene (and it's not warning me about buffer overflows).

Any ideas on what might be causing this or how I might work around it would be very much appreciated!

17. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Is your scene very complicated? Perhaps the rendering/capturing is just taking too long so it's affecting the audio capture..

If you reduce the capture resolution does that help?

You could also try changing the buffer size in Unity's Audio Settings?

It's difficult to guess without an example - feel free to email us with a sample scene (www.renderheads.com/contact/)

Thanks,

18. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

The latest version now has PNG image sequence export support :)

Thanks,

19. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

The latest version now has PNG image sequence export :)

Thanks,

20. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

The latest version now support exporting transparent PNG image sequence :)

Thanks,

21. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi Everyone,

AVPro Movie Capture version 3.5.0 has just been released!

Changes include:

Improvements
    • Added image sequence output mode with fast PNG support:

• Moved all capture functions from Update() to LateUpdate() to fix issues where some game logic hadn’t been applied before the capture
    Bug Fixes
    • Fixed issue where using Final IK with the “Fix Transforms” field ticked would result in the IK not being applied
    • Fixed issue where first frame of wouldn’t capture when using timelapse
    Other
    • Enabled compiler optimisations in native plugin
    • Many UI improvements
    • Corrected documentation steps for exporting transparent video

Thanks,

pojoih likes this.
  22. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi Everyone,

AVPro Movie Capture version 3.5.2 has just been released!

Changes include:

Improvements
    • MP4 encoding can now applies the “fast start” patch which moves the ‘moov’ atom to the start of the file. This allows these videos to be directly streamed from websites or servers:

• The Movie Capture window is now persistent allowing it to capture across scene changes
    • Added new persistent option to prevent CaptureFrom components being destroyed during scene loads
    Bug Fixes
    • Fixed instantiation issue where OnDestroy() would unload the entire plugin

Thanks,

23. adroitandy

adroitandy

Hi We are currently facing issues while recording using the 64 bit version of the plugin, the video gets distorted when scrolling. The 32 bit version with same codec settings works fine. Please check the attached video files.
    plugin version Number - 3.5.2
    Unity version - 5.3.2p4
    OS Version - Windows 7 Professional

Attached Files:

24. luku

luku

Hi - haven't updated my version for a while, so I don't know which version I updated from I'm afraid.
    The issue I've encountered since updating is that my much loved MagicYUV codec is now no longer showing up in the AV Pro Capture window. Any help would be much appreciated - I've been using the plugin to export ultra wide clips (13,000 pixels), and MagicYUV is the only codec which can keep up without dropping frames.
    Is there an archive of older versions I can browse in the meantime?
    Thanks

25. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Thanks for reporting this. It appears to be an issue with the latest version of x264vfw. We are investigating this and will get back to you soon.

Thanks,

26. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi luku,

Yes we recently made some changes to that "rogue" codecs were no longer enumerated. It seems like MagicYUV has inadvertently been affected. We will look into this and fix this issue for the next release (which should be coming out early next week).

Thanks,

27. luku

luku

Fantastic - thanks so much for the fast and helpful reply. (Gotta love MagicYUV!)

28. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi Everyone,

AVPro Movie Capture version 3.6.0 has just been released!

more information and demos are available on the website.

Changes include:

Improvements
    • Simultaneous captures are now supported (BETA)
    Bug Fixes
    • Fixed some codecs (such as MagicYUV) not being enumerated
    • Fixed errors when stopping a Stereo ODS capture from the Capture Window

Thanks,

luku likes this.
  29. Francoimora

Francoimora

Just bought it. It just crashes my Unity 2017.4.2f2 again and again (demo scenes affected) every time I hit the play button.

30. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Sorry to hear that! This version does have some major changes so it sounds like a serious has has been introduced. Did you use the trial version previously? I will do some testing on my side to try to replicate the crash. Do you have one of the CaptureFrom components in your scene, or are you using the Capture Window?

Thanks,

31. Francoimora

Francoimora

I used the trial in April with the same config and it worked. I just found the problem, it's caused by the blackmagic video codec. I just uninstalled it and it works now.

Here is what I found in the error.log :

32. bgmulti15a

bgmulti15a

Hello!
    I'm searching for an asset that helps me to record from a phone camera and save the video to local storage.
    Can this asset do that?

33. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

No, this plugin is only for Windows desktop platform - no phones are supported sorry.
    Thanks,

bgmulti15a likes this.
  34. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Thanks for reporting this. We will investigate. Glad you could solve it by just uninstalling those old codecs.

Cheers,

35. IP_Animation_01

IP_Animation_01

Hey there!

We've implemented your (excellent) plugin into our project, but are having trouble with the image sequence exporter. The only option seems to be to export uncompressed PNGs, which don't seem to be readable by After Effects, Premier or Photoshop. Is this something other users have reported struggling with, or have we missed something really obvious?

Settings-wise we're exporting at 4096x4096, 4xAA in Offline Render mode, 60fps.

Can anyone help? We'd really like to get this working as soon as possible. Cheers!

36. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi,
    Thanks for reporting this. It's very strange that those programs can't open the PNG files...
    Are you using the latest version of AVPro Movie Capture (version 3.6.0)? If not I would try upgrading to the latest. When you upgrade make sure that you do so from a fresh Unity so that no DLL files get locked, which would prevent a proper upgrade.

Otherwise perhaps you could email us one of the PNG files so we can see what's wrong? http://www.renderheads.com/contact email the 'unity support' address.

I'm sure we'll be able to resolve this quickly.

Thanks,

37. IP_Animation_01

IP_Animation_01

Hey Andrew,

Thanks for replying so quickly! I can confirm that yes, we are using version 3.6.0 of the plugin. I'll send a frame across just now, cheers!

38. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi Everyone,

AVPro Movie Capture version 3.6.2 has just been released!

Changes include:

Improvements
    • Exported PNG files now more compatible (eg Photoshop After Effects, Premiere, Nuke etc)
    Bug Fixes
    • None

Thanks,

39. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi Everyone,

AVPro Movie Capture version 3.6.4 has just been released!

Changes include:

Improvements
    • PNG exporter now supports exporting without alpha
    Bug Fixes
    • Fixed the PNG writer for high resolutions

Thanks,

40. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi Everyone,

AVPro Movie Capture version 3.6.5 has just been released!

Changes include:

Improvements
    • None
    Bug Fixes
    • Fixed bug with audio capture of Unity audio (regression since 3.6.0)

Thanks,

41. vedranskarica

vedranskarica

Hello,

we would like to do the following: play a video using the avpro player and then record the video (with sound) and the microphone input using avpro capture. What would be the best way to do something like this?

We tried recording just a video playing in the avpro player using avpro capture but the sound from the video doesn't get recorded.

Thanks!

42. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi,

Yes this is because by default AVPro Video plays the audio directly to the sound card - bypassing Unity. You need to use the AudioOutput component in AVPro Video to get it to send the audio to Unity so that it can be captured. Once you have added this component you need to go to the MediaPlayer > Platform Specific > Windows settings and set the option for audio to come to Unity. You can read more about this component in the PDF documentation for the plugin.

Thanks,

43. vedranskarica

vedranskarica

Thank you for your reply, but maybe I wasn't specific enough with my question.

We have two transparent videos encoded with HAP codec playing in the scene (UI) - one has the audio track. We're trying to capture the resulting video along with audio.

We tried playing the videos using Media Foundation but it gives us the error that the codec is not supported which forced us to use DirectShow API. If we try to record just the video it works fine, but as soon as we try to capture the audio with video the framerate drops to 1FPS (render thread stuck at about 1000 ms). We're capturing the videos using the MF H.264 MP4 codec.

We have used your demo scene for camera capture and added aditional media player that will play the video we are trying to record. When we recorded your demo scene everything worked fine, but when we added additional media player we got 1FPS. And as I said before, it only happens when this media player plays audio.

44. jeffsarge

jeffsarge

Does this work with the HD Render Pipeline and Post FX in Unity 2018.2?
    Thanks,
    Jeff

45. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Yes it should! There is a free version of AVPro Movie Capture that you can download if you wish to try it.

Thanks,

46. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Ahh I see..Yes because you are using Hap, it isn't possible to send the audio to Unity for capture.. Only our Media Foundation video playback path supports sending audio to Unity, but Hap requires the DirectShow playback path...

The other option would be to convert your Hap video into a alpha-packed video and then use Media Foundation to play it.

The MF H.264 MP4 capture option also doesn't support microphone capture...

Sorry that you have a few specific combinations that don't work well with our plugin. If you need a refund please email us at the unity support address on http://www.renderheads.com/contact/

Thanks,

47. jeffsarge

jeffsarge

Are there any plans to export to EXR?
    Thanks,
    Jeff

48. jeffsarge

jeffsarge

Also, does this work with the HD Render Pipeline in 2018.2?
    Thanks,
    Jeff

49. jeffsarge

jeffsarge

sorry , already asked that. can's seem to get it working w/ HD Pipleline. I'll do some more tests and get back to you.
    Jeff

50. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Do let me know in which way it's not working...
    Yes EXR support is on the list. Thanks,