Search Unity

[Released] AVPro DeckLink - Broadcast video input and output for Unity

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by SunriseRH, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Alberthalbautomaten

Alberthalbautomaten

Hey there,

Great Asset! Is it possible to change the Decklink Input without your logo appearing in between? I really need instant switchting without skipping frames in between.

Thanks!

2. seabits

seabits

Hi,

Not sure what you're referring to exactly - if you're changing the input mode/device, the signal would be lost so it would show whatever is in the background momentarily. If you're using one of the demo scenes you could just remove the background image?

3. Alberthalbautomaten

Alberthalbautomaten

Thanks for the fast reply!

When changing the deviceindex in class Decklink i get a few frames of buffering or something in between. Whats the proper way to change the deviceindex by script? When i change the device Index i can see the Renderheads logo for a brief moment.

4. seabits

seabits

Hi there,

Regarding the logo - see screenshot - you can just replace the logo with a black texture.

To change the input index you could use something like this:
    decklink._modeIndex = j;
    decklink.Begin();

It is however best not to select modes by index if you can avoid it - better to specify by resolution, frame rate etc.

Does that help?

Attached Files:

5. Alberthalbautomaten

Alberthalbautomaten

Yes, thank you!

seabits likes this.
  6. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi All,

AVPro DeckLink version 1.9.2 has just been released!

You can find the updated version on the Asset Store and the free trial version on our website.

Changes include:

Improvements
    • Better performance getting the time code value by better multi-threading mutex usage, especially for higher resolutions
    Changes
    • New low-level rendering system
    Fixes
    • None

Please report any issues here on the forum, or preferably to our GitHub Issue tracker

** Requires the latest Blackmagic's Desktop Video (version 12.2.0 or newer)

Thanks,

7. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi All, sorry about the cross-post, but I just wanted to announce a new RenderHeads plugin for Unity:
    External Game View

It's a plugin for multi-monitor productivity and workflow improvement while using the Unity Editor and it's really changed the way we work. You can find out all about it here where you'll find documentation and a tutorial video.

Thanks,

8. RichRH

RichRH

Hi All,

AVPro DeckLink version 1.9.3 has just been released!

You can find the updated version on the Asset Store and the free trial version on our website.

Changes include:

Improvements
    • Threaded input for improved performance
    • D3D12 support added (requires 2019.3 or above for full support)
    • Added support for Unity 2022

Please report any issues here on the forum, or preferably to our GitHub Issue tracker

Thanks,

9. Jeong-Yeol

Jeong-Yeol

Hello, I have some questions AVPro-Decklink for supporting 8K video.
    I use Deck link 8K pro, and they support 8K format by using Sample interleave(SI).
    Can AVPro decklink support Sample Interleave?

Thanks.

10. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

11. Jeong-Yeol

Jeong-Yeol

12. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

Hi @Jeong-Yeol

We have tested it and you can indeed set the 8K Pro to 'Quad Link' and even 'Square Division Split (SQ)', or 'Sample Interleave (SI)' within the 'Blackmagic Desktop Video Setup' tool which AVPro DeckLink can then use and will treat all 4 outputs as one, thus splitting the image and in theory being able to output 8K as four 4K feeds. We have tested 4K as four 1080p feeds and that worked, so 8k should work if the rest of your hardware is capable.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
  13. Jeong-Yeol

Jeong-Yeol

Thank you for your help, Chris.
    Success to receive 8K.

Thanks,

Chris-RH likes this.
  14. zachthomasmh

zachthomasmh

Hi,
    Big time novice here. I've tried following the steps in the documentation pdf but I still cant get connected and started with unity. Currently using a Ultrastudio 4k to connect to Desktop Video but I just cannot get the video inside of Unity nor can I get AVpro decklink started. Is there a step by step beginners guide somewhere?

15. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

Hi @zachthomasmh,

Have you tried any of the AVPro demo scenes? If you start with the first one, they should help you to get a feel for how to use the product.

Kind regards,
    Chris

16. Torudi

Torudi

Hello,

We tried to use and play with this component.
    We are using png-sequences and Text animations. Inside Unity everything looks very smooth. As soon we activate the output to the decklink in 1080i50 it stutters on Sdi.
    Do we have to use special settings to make the sdi output running also smooth?

So it is not a question of preformance. It happens on all machines, we tried, even the most powerful.

We even used the Playout-Demo to make sure we had the right settings.

We changed a lot of settings, tried a lot of different Video Format, but it stucks all the time.
    Any idea what and where to change?

Thanks Thomas

Last edited: Oct 27, 2022
  17. Z303

Z303

Hi Thomas, i have the same problem with 1080i50. I just edited the demo output scene and inserted an animate cube, that goes from left to right. in the game window it looks really smooth, but on the decklink output the whole thing is choppy. It looks like AVProDecklink has a problem interlacing correctly.

Is anybody aware of other plugins to output on decklink devices?

regards
    roman

18. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

Hi @Torudi,

Thank you for your message. We are looking into output performance issues.
    Which version are you using?
    On the DecklinkOutput component, if you enable "Show Explorer", would you be able to check the different health status of the output between build and editor for me please?
    DLhealth.png

Kind regards,
    Chris

19. Z303

Z303

Hi Chris,

thanks for looking into that.

i made 2 slomo-videos with decklink output and game window output side by side using your demo output scene on a fresh new project.
    left side is a hdmi monitor connect to a decklink ultrastudio mini hd, right side is the gamewindow in unity.

first one is 1080i50. the robot arm seems to bounce back and forth on sdi. looks like its not interlaced correctly.

second one is 1080p25. here you can clearly see that some frames on sdi are missing.

in both cases the health status on decklink output is constantly green and the missing frame counter is 0.

regards,
    roman

20. RichRH

RichRH

Hi All,

AVPro DeckLink version 1.9.4 has just been released!

Changes include:

Improvements
    • Further improved threaded output performance (less locking)
    Changes
    • Added ‘09_InsideSphereDemo.unity’ (see manual)
    Fixes
    • Fixed threaded input/output glitching with D3D11 (particularly interlaced)
    • Fixed duplex issues preventing stereo mode working
    • Fixed duplex issue with ‘Input Explorer’ demo preventing input display if output already in use

Thanks,

21. RichRH

RichRH

Hi @Torudi and @Z303,

I reproduce and fixed some threading issues that were causing input/output glitching (especially interlaced) and hope the above release fixes them for you.

Cheers,

22. Torudi

Torudi

Great Stuff Rich,
    I will check that asap and come back to, if needed.
    Thanks for the fast support.
    Cheers Thomas

23. RichRH

RichRH

Hi All,

AVPro DeckLink version 1.9.5 has just been released!

Changes include:

Improvements

Thanks,

24. RomainK

RomainK

Hello Rich,

Quick question, Blackmagic just announced Decklink IP2110 cards, do you think your plugin will be directly compatible or will you need to upgrade it ?

Big fan of your products. :)
    Regards,
    Rom

25. Kaimen001

Kaimen001

Hello
    I have a problem with AVProDeckLink and AVProVideo Core Edition. I have a project with the latest version of AVProVideo Core Edition and I wanted to update AVProDeckLink from 1.9.2 to 1.9.5. The problem is that doing so results in duplicate definitions that are not exactly the same. Also with the namespace AVProDeckLink. I have tried with a new project and the same thing happens to me when installing the two plugins.
    Can you tell me how to fix it?
    The version of unity is 2021.3.16f1 and the errors:

Assets\AVProVideo\Runtime\Scripts\Components\ApplyToMesh.cs(5,25): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'AVProDeckLink' does not exist in the namespace 'RenderHeads.Media' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Assets\AVProVideo\Runtime\Scripts\Internal\Utils\VideoRender.cs(72,16): error CS0101: The namespace 'RenderHeads.Media.AVProVideo' already contains a definition for 'LazyShaderProperty'

Assets\AVProVideo\Runtime\Scripts\Internal\Interfaces.cs(623,14): error CS0101: The namespace 'RenderHeads.Media.AVProVideo' already contains a definition for 'StereoPacking'

Assets\AVProVideo\Runtime\Scripts\Internal\Interfaces.cs(719,14): error CS0101: The namespace 'RenderHeads.Media.AVProVideo' already contains a definition for 'VideoMapping'

Assets\AVProVideo\Runtime\Scripts\Internal\Utils\VideoRender.cs(74,10): error CS0111: Type 'LazyShaderProperty' already defines a member called 'LazyShaderProperty' with the same parameter types

Assets\AVProVideo\Runtime\Scripts\Components\ApplyToMesh.cs(57,30): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'DeckLinkInput' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Thank you!!

26. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

Hi @RomainK

Thank you so much for your kind message.

We currently use Blackmagic SDK 12.2. Having looked at the latest SDK (12.4.2), there are no specific mentions of any additions for IP support. So it is likely to be compatible, but we can't be 100% sure without testing.

They also do an SDI/IP converter, which could be an interim solution (https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/uk/products/blackmagic2110ipconverter)

Kind regards,
    Chris

27. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

Hi @Kaimen001,

This issue is on our TO DO list to look at and we'll update you when we have progress.

Kind regards,
    Chris

28. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

Hi @Kaimen001

There should be hopefully be a fix for this going into the next update.

Kind regards,
    Chris

29. RichRH

RichRH

Hi All,

AVPro DeckLink version 1.9.6 has just been released!

Changes include:

Fixes
    • Removed some Unity GUID clashes with AVPro Video components
      NOTE: Any Unity projects that use the following AVPro DeckLink components may need to reconnect them:
      ‘ApplyToMesh.cs’
      ‘UpdateMultiPassStereo.cs’
      ‘AVProDeckLink-VR-InsideSphere.shader’
    • Fixed 10-bit RGB not outputting bug - #66
    • Fixed broken '09_InsideSphereDemo' scene
    Changes
    • Updated DeckLink SDK to 12.5.1

** Requires the latest Blackmagic Desktop Video (version 12.5.1 or newer)

Thanks,

30. Kaimen001

Kaimen001

Hello,
    Is it already solved to be able to update AVProDeckLink and AVProVideo Core Edition without errors?
    Thank you

31. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

Hi @Kaimen001,

That should be fixed with
    "Removed some Unity GUID clashes with AVPro Video components
    NOTE: Any Unity projects that use the following AVPro DeckLink components may need to reconnect them:
    ‘ApplyToMesh.cs’
    ‘UpdateMultiPassStereo.cs’"

Kind regards,
    Chris

32. Romain_K

Romain_K

Hello Chris and Rich,

A quick update on Decklink IP cards :
    Support of thoses cards is provided by version 12.6 of the Decklink SDK. So at the moment it's not supported by your plugin.

Do you know if an update is planned, and how long before the release date?

Many thanks,
    Kind regards,
    Rom

33. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

Hi @Romain_K

We will be updating to the latest Decklink SDK. Rich is working on another project at the moment, but will look into this when he has a chance. Looking at our calendar, its unlikely to be before November, but I can't put a firm date on some else's workload. It definitely will get updated though!

Kind regards,
    Chris

Romain_K likes this.
  34. coidevoid

coidevoid

Hi guys!
    We are working on an exposition here in Barcelona, we just acquired a Decklink 8K to solve our compression issue, it seems like the demo contains a tool to output to the capture card, do we have to buy the 700e license to use it ?
    It's a (little bit) out of our budget we just need to output to the capture card some custom render texture. Thanks a lot

35. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

Hi @coidevoid,

I'm glad that you like our asset. I'm afraid that we don't do a stripped down version of that one. Perhaps its something that we can think about doing in the future.

Kind regards,
    Chris

coidevoid likes this.
  36. coidevoid

coidevoid

Hi Chris, thank you for your answer.
    Another question we have is could we send custom resolution to the capture card ?
    Our technical team seems to say that we can't but your tool seem to have this option.. (Which in our case is necessary)
    Thank you!
    Charles

37. Z303

Z303

Hello Everybody,

we are trying to take an sdi input with embedded audio.
    we import the video as texture with the applyToMaterial script.
    we apply the texture to an image in the scene, and do a little slide effect with it.

our goal is to output this to the same decklink WITH the embedded audio from input.
    unfortunatelly this is not working. as soon as i start the output, the audio is not playing any more.
    before i start the output everything is correctly routed through.

i hope you have some advice, how to solve this.
    I tried a lot with the audio listener, but i am not getting anywhere...

signals should go like this:

DECKLINK INPUT AUDIO ---> DECKLINK OUTPUT AUDIO
    DECKLINK VIDEO IN --> MATERIAL --> IMAGE IN SCENE --> DECKLINK VIDEO OUTPUT

regards
    Roman

38. aivenhoe

aivenhoe

Hello dear Forum

I'm not sure if the following is a matter of misunderstanding, bug or a wrong setting.

With my two Decklink 8K Pro's (we have a sending and a receiving pc, each with one card) I can successfully send a video stream of 7680x4320@30fps 8bit 4:4:4:4 BGRA.
    But I don't receive the same format.
    I receive: 7680x4320@30fps 10-bit 4:2:2 YUV.

screenshot Sender:
    upload_2023-12-7_15-25-41.png

screenshot receiver:
    upload_2023-12-7_15-26-6.png

It would be really cool to be able to receive uncompressed image stream (I don't need A), with 8-bit 4:4:4: RGB (I don't need alpha).

Is this possible or is my understanding wrong?

thanks for your time.
    (I am using unity 2022.3.12f1 on windows 10)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2023
  39. RichRH

RichRH

Hi All,

AVPro DeckLink version 1.9.7 has just been released!

Changes include:

Fixes
    • Fixed freeze/crash issues (especially with multiple inputs) - #68, #69
    • Fixed glitching audio (especially with multiple inputs) - #44, #47, #55
    • Fixed audio lag behind video issue (especially multiple inputs) - #55
    • Input health status now reported
    Improvements
    • Input device reports a few more stats
    • Removed some warnings
    • Minor performance improvements

** Requires the latest Blackmagic Desktop Video (version 12.5.1 or newer)

Thanks,

ben_sheftel likes this.