Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Avatar Maker - 3D avatar from a single selfie

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by ledentsov, Dec 19, 2018.

1. manurocker95

manurocker95

I purchased the asset yesterday. What I still don't understand is:

Do I need to pay the cloud subscription for using the fullbody samples?

2. ledentsov

ledentsov

Hello. The Avatar Maker plugin doesn't provide fullbody solution. It woks in offline, Pro version has unlimited avatars generation.
    The Cloud subscription applied to the Cloud Avatar SDK plugin that has an extended functionality.

3. manurocker95

manurocker95

That doesn't answer my question: Do I need to pay or not for getting my avatar working with body?

4. ledentsov

ledentsov

The Avatar Maker plugin generates only the head. If you need to attach this head to some body, you should implement it yourself. If you are using Avatar Maker plugin, you don't pay cloud subscription.

5. manurocker95

manurocker95

Oh... That's a huge price for just an example.

Btw, I have two questions:

- Faces are not properly recognized when smiling (especially opened). Is there any standard pose I should use?
    - Dunno why but beard is not properly recognized either. Any clue?

Mashimaro7 likes this.
  6. ledentsov

ledentsov

We suggest to use selfie photos with neutral face expression without a smile and glasses.
    Regarding the beard, it is quite challenging to reconstruct the head with the proper beard like on the photo. Because we don't generate the beard mesh, it appears only on the texture.

7. squall-leonhart

squall-leonhart

Hi,

I just bought Avatar Maker Pro and having some fun with some random images from the internet. When I tried to export to FBX I got error the error message: "Error during saving mesh to FBX. result code: -3. output file: C:/Users/%username%/Pictures/model.fbx. Texture file: C:\Users\%username%\Pictures\model.png".

8. ledentsov

ledentsov

Hi,
    Could you try to specify other output directory without %username%? If it doesn't help, contact our support (support@avatarsdk.com) regrading this issue. We will help you with it.

9. squall-leonhart

squall-leonhart

thanks, the problem was solved after I restarted my laptop and unity. I am playing around with your asset with some anime images :D. Keep up the good work, when your Avatar for UMA is ready for both sexes I will take that too :)

10. SSm19

SSm19

hi, im currently using avatar_sdk_2_2_1_cloud with pro subscription.
    my problem lies with this scene "08_fullbody_legacy_sample_cloud"
    im have been trying to get head_2.0_head mobile to work with my custom body, i followed the documentation, still cannot to get it to work!

11. ledentsov

ledentsov

Hello, please contact our support (support@avatarsdk.com) regarding this problem and provide unity sample with your custom body. We will try to reproduce it..

12. SSm19

SSm19

i did sent a couple of emails today but no replies so far! i sent them to support@itseez3d.com

13. Beef-Tooth

Beef-Tooth

I'm getting a Unity crash every time I press 'start capturing'. The weird thing is I've been using this with the same version of Unity for months now. 2019.419

14. ledentsov

ledentsov

Hi! What CPU is on your machine? Did you try run it in other Unity version?
    You can contact us support@avatarsd.com. It is a fastest way to solve your issue.

15. Eruannos

Eruannos

Hey how is everything? I tried to look for the avatar plugin for uma and I couldn't find in the asset store is there any tutorial or some way to fit the head on the body?

16. ledentsov

ledentsov

Hello. We have removed the Avatar Maker UMA plugin from the unity store.
    We have a full body avatars in our Avatar SDK Cloud unity plugin.

17. Orbatrix

Orbatrix

With Avatar Maker Free or PRO, is it possibile to generate the avatar and then attach it on a UMA body?

18. ledentsov

ledentsov

You can't generate the head for the UMA with the Avatar Maker.

19. Orbatrix

Orbatrix

Thanks for the reply. Well, it would be great to integrate this plugin with UMA!

20. TymNetwork

TymNetwork

I was able to use my friends project with him.
    I successfully made an Avatar with a a beard that looked fine.
    Next, I added the Avatar to a 3rd Person Controller by replacing the current head.
    (you can add this Avatar to the rig in the HEAD area)
    Then I added LIP SYNCING to it and was pleased with the outcome.

The issue we had after this was NOT being able to build it to ANY platform.
    .dll had issues.

What would the problem be? It works in EDITOR. .dll file had checkboxes we selected everytime many combinations with no build results other that the error.

21. ledentsov

ledentsov

Hello. Sorry for a delay in response.
    The Avatar Maker doesn't work in the standalone application, only in the Editor. You can create an avatar, export it as a prefab or just FBX and use it in your project (without importing the whole Avatar Maker plugin).

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
  22. strongbox3d

strongbox3d

Hello ledentsov,

I am looking into buying the Avatar Maker pro, but I have a question that will help me decide if this is the right tool for me.

We want to create an avatar system in our game, that allows the user to upload a picture of his/her face and use it as the texture of his/her player(avatar). So I came across your asset and I wonder if this would be the correct asset to achieve the above.

Can your asset be used at runtime? Is your asset a good candidate for this?

Regards,
    Carlos

ledentsov likes this.
  23. ledentsov

ledentsov

Hello Carlos,

The Avatar Maker plugin has several restrictions and can't be used for your use case. It doesn't work at runtime and supports only Windows platform.

I am suggesting you consider our other Avatar SDK Unity plugin: https://avatarsdk.com/. It allows generation of avatars from different pipeines (including Full Body) and works on all common platforms.
    If you need detailed information about, you can contact us: support@avatarsdk.com

24. radiantboy

radiantboy

Latest version crashes unity 2021 immediately. Can you have a look and implement a fix?

ledentsov likes this.
  25. strongbox3d

strongbox3d

Hello ledentsov,

I checked the other Avatar SDK that allows generation at runtime, at the pricing is insane! So it isn't possible to buy anything in this times anymore ah? I don't know who can afford such a high priced subscription for live, but I am sure I am not one of them!. What happen with the old "You pay for something and it is yours" economy. Most of Unity users are small developing teams after all.

Anyway thank you.

Regards,
    Carlos

26. ledentsov

ledentsov

Sorry for an inconvenience. We will look for a fix.

radiantboy likes this.
  27. avisporter

avisporter

i have a simple question, i downloaded the free verision, but its asking me to do a sign up for a trial. is this plugin not free anymore?

28. ledentsov

ledentsov

Avatar Maker doesn't require any subsribtion and doesn't ask to sign up. Where are you asked to do sign up? Could you provide a screenshot of it?

29. MackeyKinard24

MackeyKinard24

Do you support face tracking from a pre record video source (.mp4) or can you only use the the video directly from a webcam ?

30. ledentsov

ledentsov

Hello! The Avatar Maker plugin uses video only from the webcam.

31. shubhambiswas

shubhambiswas

Hello all, is there any way to call the avatar maker at run time? I just want when the user uploads a photo it will process everything and return me a 3d avatar. Can anyone help me!

32. ledentsov

ledentsov

Hello. No, the Avatar Maker is able to generate avatars only in the Editor mode.

33. begumbyz

begumbyz

Hi,
    Is this package available for android and ios?

34. ledentsov

ledentsov

Hello. No, it isn't.

35. Passion_or_Hope

Passion_or_Hope

I have a question. Why does the plug-in paid by unity only support the Editor Mode and cannot open the SDK code to the playback mode? You can also make this pattern into a plug-in. There is no need to close the source of the SDK too much

36. ledentsov

ledentsov

Hello. The Avatar Maker plugin is built only for the Editor mode, in the case of play mode we recommend to look at the Avatar SDK (https://avatarsdk.com/), which contains much more types of the avatars and supports more platforms.

37. Mashimaro7

Mashimaro7

Sorry if I'm just missing it, but is there a link to the docs? I want to edit the Avatar Maker scripts so i can generate a generic avatar more quickly, which just a click of a button automatically generate a basic avatar based on a photo of a given name in the Resources folder(through the editor). Is this possible to do?

38. ledentsov

ledentsov

Hello. There are no docs for the Avatar Maker plugin.
    You can look at the IAvatarProvider interface. It contains methods for for working with avatars. See its usage in the "AvatarMakerWindow.cs".
    For example, if you need to generate an avatar you should:

Code (CSharp):
    1. // Initialize AvatarProvider
    2. IAvatarProvider avatarProvider = AvatarSdkMgr.IoCContainer.Create<IAvatarProvider>();
    3. yield return avatarProvider.InitializeAsync();
    5. // Initialize avatar by passing photo bytes
    6. var initializeRequest = avatarProvider.InitializeAvatarAsync(photoBytes, "name", "description", PipelineType.FACE, parameters);
    7. yield return initializeRequest;
    9. // Start computations
    10. var avatarCode = initializeRequest.Result;
    11. var calculateRequest = avatarProvider.StartAndAwaitAvatarCalculationAsync(avatarCode);
    12. yield return calculateRequest;

Mashimaro7 likes this.
  39. Mashimaro7

Mashimaro7

Thank you :)

40. sasasamb

sasasamb

Hi,
    I am using your amazing plugin, PRO version.
    I have one question. Is there a way to generate an avatar without the teeth?
    Or the only way is to remove them manually outside Unity and then import the model inside Unity again?
    Thanks for your kind help

Best regards

Alessandro

41. ledentsov

ledentsov

Hi Alessandro,
    You can export an avatar with Level-Of-Details #8. This LOD doesn't contain teeth.

42. safetest001

safetest001

how to get thi plungin? “This resource pack has been taken off the shelf and cannot be purchased” Avatar Maker UMA - integration with UMA plugin

43. ledentsov

ledentsov

Hello. Avatar Maker UMA plugin isn't available anymore.

44. wangtaoETO

wangtaoETO

45. ledentsov

ledentsov

Hello. It looks like you have missed some files in the plugin. Could you make "Window->Avatar Maker->Reset license and resources" or reimport the plugin.
    If it doesn't help, please contact us: support [at] avatarsdk [dot] com

46. prateek_unity919

prateek_unity919

Hi, I'm planning to purchase Avatar Maker Pro from the Asset Store.

I wanted to know the difference between this product on the Asset Store and the face capture SDK on your website.

Thanks in advance!

47. ledentsov

ledentsov

Hello,
    Our web site mentions Beta version of the Face Capture SDK. It is available only for Windows and iOS platforms and is redistributed as a native C++ library.
    Avatar Maker plugin uses modified version of this Face Capture SDK. It works only in the Unity Editor.

prateek_unity919 likes this.
  48. prateek_unity919

prateek_unity919

Just to clarify, am I correct in assuming there are no functional differences in features between the two?

The only difference being in the availability of platforms?

Thanks so much for the quick responses!

49. ledentsov

ledentsov

Yes, the main difference in supported platforms.

prateek_unity919 likes this.
  50. xavier554661

xavier554661

Export FBX file can not carry texture, can not find path and texture, how to find this file