Search Unity

[RELEASED] Avatar Maker - 3D avatar from a single selfie

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by ledentsov, Dec 19, 2018.

1. ledentsov

ledentsov

Could you clarify what work?

2. unity_cH5CKv09zTBfWA

unity_cH5CKv09zTBfWA

Hi,

I cannot see the full body sample in SDK. It is not there.

Regards

3. ledentsov

ledentsov

Hello. Avatar Maker plugin doesn't contain a fullbody sample.
    We have another Avatar SDK Unity plugin that works in the play mode on various platforms. This plugin conatins fullbody sample and available on our web site: https://avatarsdk.com/cloud-sdk/

4. ina

ina

Just bought this in the asset store sale but I think the cloud solution might be a better fit? How do we get a refund?

5. ledentsov

ledentsov

Hello, Could you clarify what cloud solution are you about and why it fits better?

6. ina

ina

Your asset store product seems to only generate a head.

We need to have the head be attached to a Mecanim biped such as UMA. It seems that that is only supported with your Cloud solution and NOT with your Unity asset store solution?

I don't understand why the pricing for UMA-enabled avatars is $500/month
    Is this not an automated process? It seems something indie developers could make some awesome content with, but $500/month makes it way too high. It would be nice if your UMA compatible avatars are offered at indie-affordable rates.

7. ina

ina

Can you outline how you did this?

8. ina

ina

It has been a few months...

9. ina

ina

yes it's april a year later... still waiting...

i cannot tell if their UMA asset store item works or not due to the low rating.
    it really isn't clear how much better the cloud solution is despite its $500/month pricing.

10. alexandershishkov

alexandershishkov

To discuss refund, please send the email to the support@avatarsdk.com with the Invoice No. Please also describe the reason for the refund.

11. alexandershishkov

alexandershishkov

The AvatarSDK cloud plugin is another solution that uses another technology to build the avatar. It includes another set of features, so it is strange to compare the price here. If you want to try it, you can get a free trial for this product. If you have any questions, please address them to the support@avatarsdk.com

This forum is for discussing the AvatarMaker product, so let's discuss this plugin here. Yes, we still don't have the support for the female body for the AvatarMaker UMA. We underestimated the time for creating UMA support for the avatar's pipeline used in the AvatarMaker. We think about different ways to create a solution for Indie developers with an affordable price, so please stay tuned.

12. ina

ina

Your AvatarSDK Unity Plugin seems to also offer an offline plugin and not just a cloud solution? Is that the equivalent of your Unity UMA plugin? Is it better? I have already emailed you guys but haven't received a trial yet

13. alexandershishkov

alexandershishkov

Currently, the offline version of the AvatarSDK Unity Plugin doesn't support UMA, it is implemented only in the cloud version now. If you have any questions about the AvatarSDK Unity plugin, please address them to the support@avatarsdk.com

14. FutureWang

FutureWang

Can i use my own model with my own blendshapes key to export fbx? I try to load my blendshape.txt ,but it log error like this? My blendshape count is 52.

Attached Files:

• 1547.png
      1547.png
      File size:
      41.3 KB
      Views:
  15. ledentsov

ledentsov

Hello! It isn't possible to use your own model with your blendshapes.

16. FutureWang

FutureWang

hi,
    thanks a lot for your answer.I have found lots of plugins to export fbx from unity with blendshapes animation(Fbx Exporter in unity packageManager is also no working).Only your's working(with your model).if there have an option to do this in your plugin,or make other plugin to do this by your team, it will helps a lot of face tracking for animation makers.it is so necessary to export to fbx to fix animation in other application. Maybe is't not a good suggest,:p.

17. ledentsov

ledentsov

Hi! Thank you for suggestion. Right now we haven't such plans to create a FBX Export plugin. But we will keep it in mind.

18. psistalk

psistalk

There is an FBX exporter in package manager you may want to look into. It is experimental.

19. radiantboy

radiantboy

Amazing, I'm now back to this after a year away....im using unity 2020.1.0a12 (because any after that immediately crash when I tap gizmos).. but I cant believe the hair still looks so ludicrous. Also when I prefab it and drag it back in its empty, why is that? If you cant make prefabs it's useless basically. Im assuming it can, that's why I paid for it. I also note that if saved the scene file is MASSIVELY larger than it should be, because they are not prefabed? I asked if you did this deliberately last year to force people to buy, you said no, but why is that? And please confirm they can be prefabbed.

PS. usability would be FAR better if you could use cursors (UP/DOWN) to go between the hairs, clicking the mouse is tedious.

And how do you attach to body of existing mesh without making it huge to cover existing head?
    Need to remove old head by making it transparent somehow?

You also mention 9 levels of detail, but im only getting one? Does it not set up LOD group for you and use all?? Is it possible unity thinks im using a demo still? I did delete the old version first.

As for blend shapes are you meant to just adjust the sliders before you prefab it? Can be adjusted after or not ? If it can be adjusted after is it possible to open close jaw in real time to simulate speaking in a primative way?

Still very impressed I can get my mates in the game, but need some clarification :)

EDIT: just found "fbx" button, this is the way to save them I guess? but they wont show up in unity for some reason!.. I right clicked refreshed folder and it worked but model had no material, dragging texture onto model and letting it generate a texure produces inferiour results to the original..

EDI2: Found prefab button, it seems to work hard but does not produce anything, where does it go ???

Please help!..

export prefab seems to have an error which is why it may not exist..

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ItSeez3D.AvatarSdk.Core.AvatarPrefabBuilder.SaveAvatarMergedMeshAsFbxAsset (UnityEngine.SkinnedMeshRenderer headMeshRenderer, System.String avatarId, System.String haircutId, System.String fbxPath, UnityEngine.Color haircutColor, UnityEngine.Vector4 haircutTint, System.Boolean withBlendshapes, System.Int32 levelOfDetails) (at <400d09e2b9a643b0a07ebb225e018406>:0)
    ItSeez3D.AvatarSdk.Core.AvatarPrefabBuilder.SaveMergedMeshAndMaterial (System.String prefabDir, UnityEngine.GameObject headObject, UnityEngine.GameObject haircutObject, ItSeez3D.AvatarSdk.Core.AvatarPrefabParameters prefabParameters) (at <400d09e2b9a643b0a07ebb225e018406>:0)
    ItSeez3D.AvatarSdk.Core.AvatarPrefabBuilder.CreateAvatarPrefab (UnityEngine.GameObject avatarObject, ItSeez3D.AvatarSdk.Core.AvatarPrefabParameters prefabParameters) (at <400d09e2b9a643b0a07ebb225e018406>:0)
    ItSeez3D.AvatarMaker.Editor.AvatarMakerWindow.OnGUISelectedAvatarSection () (at Assets/itseez3d/avatar_maker/scripts/editor/AvatarMakerWindow.cs:422)
    ItSeez3D.AvatarMaker.Editor.AvatarMakerWindow.OnGUI () (at Assets/itseez3d/avatar_maker/scripts/editor/AvatarMakerWindow.cs:225)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <437ba245d8404784b9fbab9b439ac908>:0)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <437ba245d8404784b9fbab9b439ac908>:0)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at <437ba245d8404784b9fbab9b439ac908>:0)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at <71e256980c424823a60822d6a2aa03cd>:0)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at <71e256980c424823a60822d6a2aa03cd>:0)
    UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect onGUIPosition, UnityEngine.Rect viewRect) (at <71e256980c424823a60822d6a2aa03cd>:0)
    UnityEditor.DockArea.DrawView (UnityEngine.Rect viewRect, UnityEngine.Rect dockAreaRect) (at <71e256980c424823a60822d6a2aa03cd>:0)
    UnityEditor.DockArea.OldOnGUI () (at <71e256980c424823a60822d6a2aa03cd>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoOnGUI (UnityEngine.Event evt, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 parentTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Boolean isComputingLayout, UnityEngine.Rect layoutSize, System.Boolean canAffectFocus) (at <a9557a18f6f745eca8d2b8d56d04ad30>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleIMGUIEvent (UnityEngine.Event e, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 worldTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Boolean canAffectFocus) (at <a9557a18f6f745eca8d2b8d56d04ad30>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleIMGUIEvent (UnityEngine.Event e, System.Boolean canAffectFocus) (at <a9557a18f6f745eca8d2b8d56d04ad30>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.SendEventToIMGUIPrivate (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt, System.Boolean canAffectFocus) (at <a9557a18f6f745eca8d2b8d56d04ad30>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.SendEventToIMGUI (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt, System.Boolean canAffectFocus) (at <a9557a18f6f745eca8d2b8d56d04ad30>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleEvent (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt) (at <a9557a18f6f745eca8d2b8d56d04ad30>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.CallbackEventHandler.HandleEventAtTargetPhase (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt) (at <a9557a18f6f745eca8d2b8d56d04ad30>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.MouseCaptureDispatchingStrategy.DispatchEvent (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt, UnityEngine.UIElements.IPanel panel) (at <a9557a18f6f745eca8d2b8d56d04ad30>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.EventDispatcher.ProcessEvent (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt, UnityEngine.UIElements.IPanel panel) (at <a9557a18f6f745eca8d2b8d56d04ad30>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.EventDispatcher.ProcessEventQueue () (at <a9557a18f6f745eca8d2b8d56d04ad30>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.EventDispatcher.OpenGate () (at <a9557a18f6f745eca8d2b8d56d04ad30>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.EventDispatcherGate.Dispose () (at <a9557a18f6f745eca8d2b8d56d04ad30>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.EventDispatcher.ProcessEvent (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt, UnityEngine.UIElements.IPanel panel) (at <a9557a18f6f745eca8d2b8d56d04ad30>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.EventDispatcher.Dispatch (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt, UnityEngine.UIElements.IPanel panel, UnityEngine.UIElements.DispatchMode dispatchMode) (at <a9557a18f6f745eca8d2b8d56d04ad30>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.BaseVisualElementPanel.SendEvent (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase e, UnityEngine.UIElements.DispatchMode dispatchMode) (at <a9557a18f6f745eca8d2b8d56d04ad30>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.DoDispatch (UnityEngine.UIElements.BaseVisualElementPanel panel) (at <a9557a18f6f745eca8d2b8d56d04ad30>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at <a9557a18f6f745eca8d2b8d56d04ad30>:0)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at <0e37635a9e24441cacc792e5021a59ca>:0)

Last edited: May 5, 2020
  20. ledentsov

ledentsov

We assume that the avatar is attached to the headless body.

The levels of details are available. See the screenshot below how to access them:
    upload_2020-5-6_7-41-6.png

When you create a prefab, you should enable "Include blendshapes" checkbox. In this case the prefab will contain all blendshapes and you can adjust them in real time.

Could you show some screenshots of such inferiour results?

Please contact our support (support@avatarsdk.com) regarding this issue and share your unity project. We will try to reproduce it on our end.

21. radiantboy

radiantboy

22. ledentsov

ledentsov

I suppose such difference is caused by the shader. We are using AvatarUnitShader to render avatars on the scene.
    upload_2020-5-6_13-20-58.png

23. radiantboy

radiantboy

Thanks that works a lot better now!..
    I cant seem to find the material or albedo from the generated one, when I tap them they dont come up. I got the resultsd as good by making the texture import at 4096, but seems wasteful

24. radiantboy

radiantboy

would definitely be easier if saving to prefab didnt crash.. lol

25. ledentsov

ledentsov

The best way to export the created prefab with the valid material and shader is:
    1. Right click on the folder with the prefab and choose "Export Package...".
    2. Select all required files including material, texture and shader as on the screenshot below:
    upload_2020-5-6_14-8-15.png
    3. Import this unitypackage to other project.

26. ledentsov

ledentsov

Unfortunatelly, we are unable to reproduce this crash. Please contact our support (support@avatarsdk.com) with the shared unity project and steps how we can reproduce the issue.

27. radiantboy

radiantboy

Thanks, yeah I could probably do it in another project like that, but it makes the workflow much less convenient. I will try it anyway.

28. 3CHO12

3CHO12

Hi there...is this still windows only?...I had to uninstall my bootcamp install but loved using this tool while I had it.

29. ledentsov

ledentsov

Unfortunatelly yes. It is still for Windows only.

30. FutureWang

FutureWang

Thanks for your help. I have tried it ,but it can not export the blendshapes animation also. It is said that this function will appear in future.

31. radiantboy

radiantboy

is there a way to use the normal shader? the supplied shader looks really odd in different lighting conditions.

32. ledentsov

ledentsov

Yes, you can change the shader in the Inspector tab.

33. TatyanaVictory

TatyanaVictory

Hello, ledentsov
    I downloaded Unity Offline package.
    Now I can make the avatar in Unity.
    There is UserPhoto button in sample building.
    But after the sample building, I can't find UserPhoto button in exe running.
    What is the reason ?
    Warm Regards.

34. ledentsov

ledentsov

Hello. The primary purpose of this forum is discussing questions regarding the plugins from the unity store (Avatar Maker or Avatar Maker Uma).
    You are about Avatar SDK Unity Offline package. It is better to contact our support for it (support@avatarsdk.com).
    The UserPhoto button doesn't work in the exe application because unity doesn't provide any standard component for file browsing in such builds.

35. TatyanaVictory

TatyanaVictory

Thank you for your reply.
    Have a good day.
    See you later

36. WuchiOnline

WuchiOnline

Just purchased and have been enjoying the asset so far. As many people have mentioned, the weak point is the hairstyle. They don't aesthetically match the generated avatars (which are awesome!).

How should we go about creating our own custom hairstyles? Is there a process that your team went through that I can replicate? Is this something we can pay an artist to do if we share that process with them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Once I resolve this hairstyle issue, I would love to give this asset 5 stars and recommend it to colleagues.

Thanks!

37. ledentsov

ledentsov

Hello. Avatar Maker plugin isn't designed for adding additonal custom haircuts. There are no such process at this moment.
    Your custom haircuts can be added to out Avatar SDK Cloud plugin: https://avatarsdk.com/cloud-sdk/
    Please contact us contact@avatarsdk.com to get more information about it.

38. kogrob

kogrob

Hello! I recently purchased Avatar Maker Pro off of the Asset Store (and I apologize if this has been answered already) but I'm a bit unclear on attaching generated heads to bodies. If I wanted to attach the heads to bodies using the BodyAttachment.cs script, would that require that I additionally pay for the subscription to use the Cloud SDK and its scripts? I suppose I could attempt to attach the heads to bodies using blender and rigging it all myself then? Are there some ways in which y'all have attached the heads that aren't too difficult?

39. ledentsov

ledentsov

Hello. You can use the BodyAttachment.cs script from the Cloud SDK for the models generated by the Avatar Maker plugn.
    The Avatar Maker plugin doesn't have its own samples for attaching the head to the body. The Cloud Avatar SDK plugin provides two fullbody solutions: UMA integration and fullbody avatars pipeline where we generate the body with the head.

40. kogrob

kogrob

Thank you for the response! For some reason, I keep getting errors regarding duplicates of the plugins in both the Unity plugin and the cloud SDK. Am I supposed to delete one copy of the plugins? I'm also getting errors saying that certain types (ex: TexturedMesh, ModelInfo, AsyncRequest, etc.) exist in both 'Assembly-CSharp' and 'AvatarPluginWrapper'... how would I go about fixing this?

41. ledentsov

ledentsov

You shouldn't use these plugins together in a single unity project. Only one of them.

42. kogrob

kogrob

Got it. I tried deleting the plugins from the Cloud SDK and then the Avatar Maker, but I keep getting this error:

Assets\itseez3d\avatar_maker\scripts\AvatarMakerInitializer.cs(13,26): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Offline' does not exist in the namespace 'ItSeez3D.AvatarSdk' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

How would I fix this?

43. ledentsov

ledentsov

You should delete the "Assets/itseez3d" directory. After that import the Avatar Maker or the Avatar SDK plugin into your project depending on which of these plugin do you need.

44. SlashUU

SlashUU

45. ledentsov

ledentsov

It isn't possible. For UMA integration you can use Avatar Maker UMA plugin or Avatar SDK Cloud unity plugin.

46. StarManta

StarManta

May I ask what the reason for this is? Is it possible in any way to adapt the plugin to work in standalone (even if not officially supported)?

47. ledentsov

ledentsov

If you are looking the solution that works in standalone, consider our another Avatar SDK Unity plugin: https://avatarsdk.com/local-compute/
    This plugin has much reacher functionality and works on all available platforms.

48. StarManta

StarManta

For $500/month? That is a pretty absurd price.

49. kogrob

kogrob

Hello again! The description of the plugin says that it doesn't work in standalone applications. I'm not super familiar with Unity vocabulary, but does that mean that if I try to build and run my project, the heads that I made won't import? I've been trying to build and run my project, but I keep getting errors saying that certain namespaces don't exist.

50. ledentsov

ledentsov

It means that you can't generate the avatars in your application in runtime. You can do it only while you are working in the Unity Editor. But you can create an avatar in the Editor, import it into the project with your application and use this avatar.