Search Unity

[Released] Autonamer - Automatically makes your app name display in multiple languages

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by escape_artist, Jun 12, 2019.

1. escape_artist

escape_artist

Autonamer is available now on the Unity Asset Store

Unity has no built-in support for multi-language app naming and the process of modifying iOS and Android builds so that your app displays in the correct user-language every time a project is built to the device is both tedious and arduous.

But not any longer, because Autonamer makes it super-easy!

Simply open the Autonamer window and add a localized app name for each language you support. And then forget about it, because Autonamer integrates invisibly into the build process, meaning each time you build the project for iOS or Android it will seamlessly work its magic.

Using Autonamer means no more messing around with Android resource files or Xcode projects. And that means you can spend your time on more important things, like making your game as good as it can be.

autonamer-logo-516x389.png

Features:
    • Supports all 42 Unity System Languages.
    • Integrates invisibly into the Build process, meaning that once set up, there are no extra steps involved.
    • Allows you to specify the Base Localization (Android) / Development Language (iOS) - this is which language to fall back to when the users language isn't supported.
    • Works for both Android and iOS.

Screenshots:
    Screenshot2 copy.png
    Screenshot1_small.png

As with all my assets, I've built them to use in my own production work, so they've gone through a certain amount of real-world testing. But if you do encounter any issues then please let me know - I'm always happy to fix them.
    Hope this proves useful!

-Chris

leni8ec likes this.
  2. leni8ec

leni8ec

Hello, tell me please, what about different names for different platforms?

Ex:
    English Android - "App Name 1"
    English iOS - "App Name 2"

3. escape_artist

escape_artist

Hi, good question! I've assumed that the app name would be the same across both platforms. But perhaps this isn't always the case?
    I'll see if it makes sense to add it as a feature in the next major revision.

leni8ec likes this.