Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Audio Controller (Music, SFX, Ambient sound)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by mkgame, May 26, 2018.

1. mkgame

mkgame

Price is 15$

audio controller is made for the purpose to support all audio domains for game development. It comes with a preconfigured audio controller, which covers the main domains in game development. The audio sources, the images are all created by myself and can be used without any copyright violations.

Asset Strore: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/119460

Components:

- Music controller
    - Sound effect controller
    - Ambient sound controller
    - Audio filter manager
    - Object pooling system
    - Clock
    - Timer manager
    - Audio tester

Features:

- Cross fading
    - Ducking
    - Dynamic audio filter assignment
    - Visual representation for ambient audio sources in the scene
    - Pooling audio source based prefabs for fast instantiation and limiting instantiations
    - Clock for pausing the audio controller and timer
    - Ducking for all kind of controller
    - Fade ducking
    - Change attributes on controller level, play list level or for certain audio sources
    - Looping for ambient sources and sound effect sources
    - Disable ambient audio sources outside of the listener range
    - Audio tester for fine tuning, testing how different sound are mixed together

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
  2. mkgame

mkgame

bandicam 2018-05-26 00-04-43-539.jpg
    bandicam 2018-05-26 00-06-53-306.jpg
    bandicam 2018-05-26 00-07-40-331.jpg
    bandicam 2018-05-26 00-14-27-389.jpg bandicam 2018-05-26 00-09-33-022.jpg

Is in Unity approval.

3. mkgame

mkgame

Overview for the Audio Controller.

Neviah likes this.
  4. mkgame

mkgame

5. mkgame

mkgame

The ambient sound sources can now be selected even if they are deeply nested. The closest ambient source will be selected in a way, that the world center points of the spheres are projected to the screen and then the range to the click position will be checked. This is a known concept, that can be found in Blender to select hidden faces on a mesh. You will just see all the ambient sources if you select one ambient source. The spheres represents the activation range, not the range of the audio source. I also want to have a feature to give the ambient sources a random offset inside the sphere to change the center position of the audio source. It may comes with the very first release or with the next release, depends on how long Unity needs to check this asset.

In-game screenshot with ambient sources:

bandicam 2018-05-29 23-21-08-386.jpg

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  6. mkgame

mkgame

The price will be 5$ for a short time.

7. mkgame

mkgame

The first version will be at least 1.14, still in Unity approval.

- Random offset variation for ambient sources added.
    - Unity message based activation (e.g. activate audio file for OnDestroy).
    - Unity UI event compatible methods added. Playing audio files with Unity UI events is now possible.
    - New scene added for Unity UI.

8. mkgame

mkgame

Version 1.16 with improved object following mechanism.

Audio controller in game:

9. mkgame

mkgame

The ambient sounds and the sound effects are very similar. The difference is that, if you play the sound without parameter (sound.Play()), then the ambient source will play on its position and the sound effect will play on the listener position. Both sound types are able to follow objects, or play them on a certain position.
    The ambient source will be switched off/on depends on the range to the listener. This is not the case with the sound effects. The sound effects will be always played and Unity cares about the optimization. If you want to use for all your sound effects switch on/off feature of the ambient sound, then you can use an ambient sound controller for your sound effects. This makes very much sense for example, if you have lot of vehicles with looping engine and you don't want to play very far hardly recognizable looping engines. With upcoming updates some kind of strategy, strategies will be added to the ambient sound On/Off controller, like play the nearest engine sounds with higher priority. This makes sense, if the maximal engine sounds are limited.

Still in Unity approval.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  10. mkgame

mkgame

I had to upload 1.17, this may delays the Unity approval...

This update was necessary to better support moving looping SFX sound sources. I built in and use every part of the Audio Controller in my upcoming game and it seems to be there are no more issues.

11. mkgame

mkgame

12. mkgame

mkgame

The price is for a short time 5$. After it will be 30$.

13. mkgame

mkgame

Introduction price is valid until 01.07.2018.

14. mkgame

mkgame

Last chance to get this powerful audio asset for this low price! It is very fast in running scene and in the editor, mostly follows the Unity style in the inspector. In core it is complex, for game developer the settings can be simple, but also very detailed. The details are hidden in datastructs, eg. options. Frequently used attributes are faster accessible.

DrOcto likes this.
  15. DrOcto

DrOcto

Just bought it. Will test it. Sounds very useful for what i have in mind. Thank you. ;):D

16. mkgame

mkgame

Thanks!

17. mkgame

mkgame

Price will be changed to 30$ after the Unity approval.

18. mkgame

mkgame

19. AGregori

AGregori

Well, don't do that. Then it'll be barely cheaper than Master Audio, the single most established audio tool on the store. It's tough to establish a brand new extension on the store these days, and your only weapon is staying cheap for a while, in my opinion.

20. mkgame

mkgame

Thanks for your advice, but Unity approval was pretty fast. I have all the audio tools, but non of them provided that what I needed. I made this asset for my RTS game and share it with you for a fair price. I'm not a marketing guy, but for 30$ not much. Independently of success, I will synchronize it with the current state, which is part of my upcoming game. This audio controller has also much more features, I didn't revealed in the short video all the features. I'm a developer... The nice thing is, I test it in my complex game: http://www.metadesc.com/studio/

21. mkgame

mkgame

70% OFF! The price is now 9$!

22. mkgame

mkgame

Unity is forcing us publisher to change the price after 2 weeks to its original price, but this asset needs more reviews. For this reason the new price will be 15$.

23. mkgame

mkgame

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    DrOcto likes this.