Search Unity

[RELEASED] ArchVizPRO Interior Vol.7

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by ArchVizPRO, Oct 11, 2019.

1. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

Asset Store Link - Google Play - Documentation

ArchVizPRO
    Interior Vol.7 is an architectural visualization project made in HDRP and URP and inspired by the Azuma House. It is a fully navigable building that includes an interior area composed of 4 main rooms and an outdoor area composed of a small courtyard, stairs, and walkway. Build in every single detail from scratch, this interior has more than 200 furniture and props, custom shaders, 4K texture and a multiplatform approach that makes this scene able to runs on PC, VR, and Mobile. All furniture and props are highly detailed and can be reused in any other project.

Features:
    - HDRP native
    - Fully explorable interior
    - More than 200 prefabs
    - CPU/GPU Progressive ready
    - HD 4K Texture
    - Post Processing Setup
    - Custom Shader Graph Shaders (Rain_Streaks, Rain_Ripples, Fabric_Rim, Fabric_Rim_POM, Vegetation, Double_Sided )

- HDRP Desktop
    - HDRP VR (Oculus, Vive)*
    - URP Mobile (Android, iOS)*
    - URP Mobile VR (Quest) (soon)*
    - RTX Support (soon)*

* Full project available at OneirosVR

Please read the Documentation for quick project setup.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
    Kamil_Reich likes this.
  2. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

Some screenshots: Courtyard4.jpg Courtyard1.jpg Courtyard3.jpg

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  3. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

Bedroom1.jpg
    Bedroom3.jpg

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  4. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

5. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

Meetingroom1.jpg Meetingroom2.jpg Meetingroom3.jpg

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    Kamil_Reich likes this.
  6. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

Studio1.jpg
    Studio3.jpg

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  7. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO Vol.7 use GPU Progressive Lightmapper: Lightmap1.jpg Lightmap2.jpg

L_A_R and Kamil_Reich like this.
  8. BananaStem

BananaStem

Looks incredible as always! Recently switching to the Universal Render Pipeline, would you happen to know if this will ever be ported natively to it?

9. ViewportAU

ViewportAU

Are there any plans for Standard or LightWeight Pipeline?

10. Cascho01

Cascho01

Congrats Ruggero!

1. Interieur
    No need to say it´s incredible work again.
    Can I pick furniture and use it in standard pipeline?
    I ask because of Material/Shader/Texture compatibility....

2. Architecture
    Without having seen the whole scene I expect this building is again "closed", without any opening to outside or any environment. What´s the reason for this?
    - Architecture Design reasons?
    - Modelling reasons?
    From my personal view I expierence this as a downside.
    Farnsworth- and Mountain-House are much more attractive to me because they have a (nice) environmental context.

3. Rainy Mood
    I understand that this rainy mood is interesting and is ideal for demonstrating what´s possible with cool shaders.
    Besides this I´m looking forward to see a "positive" mood in Vol8, maybe at twillight hour?

In the end I understand this as a tech-demo and from that point of view this one beats them all.
    ;)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  11. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

Hello. All FBX could be used for Unity Standard Pipeline. The problem is that HDRP uses the MaskMap (Metal + AO + Roughness), while Standard uses Metallic (Metal + Roughness) + AO. You have to convert that textures or make a custom shader that uses the MaskMap instead of the Metallic.
    For example this shader use HDRP texture for the the Standard Shader:

12. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

Yes, the conversion to Universal Pipeline is programmed soon.

Cascho01 likes this.
  13. Cascho01

Cascho01

Will that UniversalPipeline-Version be paid separately or will it be covered by the current version from the assetstore?

14. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

To not make the project too big, It will be available through the Oneiros website as a separate project download.
    The download will be unlockable with the invoice number.

Cascho01 likes this.
  15. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

Hello. thank you for your feedback.

Usually, I prefer closed environments because Architecture Design reasons. Also, exteriors requires a lot of work to be convincing and especially a lot of plants models. My focus is on houses and furniture... but I can consider an open house for next Vol.

Rainy Mood is because it allows me to play on shaders and effects. But some new mood are coming in next versions.

Thank you again and best regards!

Cascho01 likes this.
  16. keeponshading

keeponshading

Hi. Amazing as usual.

Do you have also an Bakery setup for Vol 7?

I am a little tired of using the Progessive GPU (preview) Lightmapper with all needed workarounds e.g. the Plant GI Fix or Low RAM workarounds.
    I lost more than 2 weeks lifetime during the last 2 years by trying to use this mess implementation.

some further issuses:

in Unity 2019.2.10 (HDRP 6.9.2)

Lightmaps get displayed correctly in scene but
    • the scene crashes by switching to Light Map indicies view
    • Baked Lightmap view is showing nothing
    • Rebuild lighting crashes as usual to GPU Mode (tested in Unity 2019.2.8 and unity 2019.2.10 with GTX 1080) in FullRes and QuarterRes
      and on ever further try to rebake i get ETA baking times around 230h....
    upload_2019-11-9_19-9-3.png

ArchVIZ_rebake.JPG
    • Light Probe Visualisation only shows yellow probes

• Baked Lightmap preview view mode shows nothing

The Archviz Pro 6 (Bakery HDRP version) bakes in 25min without any hassle with an one click be happy behaviour.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  17. keeponshading

keeponshading

Hi. I have some questions accoriding to modify the scene.

• The .fbx meshes are saved in ASCII format.
    Is it possible to save them in binary .fbx format so that a reuse in Blender is possible?
    With some tricks you can convert them via .fbx converter but it s not without issues. (breaks some normals)

• Is it possible to get the quad versions of the mesh. Actually there is the triangulated version saved in the .fbx.
      The quad meshes would really allow to simply extend and modifiy the meshes.
      Saving your meshes as quad to .fbx to the Unity Asset folder should allow the same workflow you have.
      But the reuse und fitting to other use cases would be much easier.
      e.g in 3DSMax you do an Edit Poly Collapse. Then the .fbx exporter exports quads to .fbx.
      But probably you only have activated the triangulated export.
    ArchVIZ_rebake2.JPG

Here an simple example.

left : non destructive FBX export from 3DS max (edit poly collapse workflow)
    right: standard 3dsMax FBX export resulting in triangulated fbx meshes

Both variants allow same further workflow in Unity after import.
    The left one is non destructive because by reopening the fbx you get the quad version.

ArchVIZ_rebake3.JPG

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  18. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

Hello keeponshading

Thank you for your feedback. I answer in order:

Do you have also a Bakery setup for Vol 7?
    Actually Progressive CPU and GPU are the only one officially supported.

I am a little tired of using the Progressive GPU (preview) Lightmapper with all needed workarounds e.g. the Plant GI Fix or Low RAM workarounds.
    I lost more than 2 weeks lifetime during the last 2 years by trying to use this mess implementation.

I understand that using Progressive GPU could be frustrating at the beginning. But in my opinion, it's a very solid and fast Lightmapper, one of the best I have seen. Actually it's very Vram demanding, but further optimization will come from Unity in next versions. A dedicated chapter in the documentation about Vram optimization and possible solutions will come soon.

Lightmaps get displayed correctly in scene but the scene crashes by switching to Light Map indices view
    Baked Lightmap view is showing nothing

These are Unity known bugs and don't depend on the Asset itself.
    Fix from Unity will come soon hopefully

Rebuild lighting crashes as usual to GPU Mode (tested in Unity 2019.2.8 and unity 2019.2.10 with GTX 1080) in FullRes and QuarterRes and on ever further try to rebake I get ETA baking times around 230h....
    The scene was baked with a GTX 1070 8 GB in around 50 minutes at 120 Lightmap Resolution.
    Be sure to:
    - Use Quarter Res, save, restart and reopen the project.
    - if Lightmap Size is 2048 and fallback to CPU, try to use 1024 or 512.
    If you get 23h of baking times, you are in CPU mode. The interface sometimes doesn't refresh and show GPU instead of GPU.

Light Probe Visualisation only shows yellow probes
    Baked Lightmap preview view mode shows nothing

These are Unity known bugs and don't depend on the Asset itself.
    Fix from Unity will come soon hopefully

Salvador-Romero likes this.
  19. keeponshading

keeponshading

Thanks for the fast answer. Quarter Res seems to run through on GPU.
    The restart was the thing i missed.

However. The Progressive is still far away to handle common scenarios. Our scenes have around
    40x times the size of ArchViz 6 with around 120 4k Lightmaps who bake in one go with Bakery. The result is really close to GroundTruth VRay and Cycles Lightmaps. I appreciate the invest of your time to improve the Progressive.

However. Would be nice if you find a way to deliver a
    inofficial Bakery variant like you did with Vol 6 over your website.

There are some nice additional HDRP features now
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/bakery-gpu-lightmapper-v1-6-released.536008/page-72#post-5163215

If you don t plan to do an Bakery setup.
    Some tips to speed up an own setup be nice

e.g.
    - replace Area Lights with Bakery ones
    - use Bakery groups here....

One Progressive related question:
    Did you tried to use mainly the IBL Environment with the new Multiple Importance setting so that the scene is mainly lit through the IBL and only gets support from additional interior lights. Towards an more real live lighting setup?

20. Cascho01

Cascho01

Ruggero, I´m sure many people (especially myself) would be interested to get a little comparison between Bakery and Unitys Progressive GPU from your point of view - and why you choose Unity.

(Until now I still prefer Bakery:
    - faster/cleaner
    - possibility to bake single objects or groups (UnityGPU forces a full rebake for every little change) )

21. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

Hello
    The main reason why I choose Progressive it's because it is integrated into Unity. There is no doubt that Bakery actually is the best Lightmapper for Unity, but in my opinion, Progressive GPU will be the road to take for the future.
    I understand that using progressive GPU for large projects may still be too early, but for small projects, like a house interior, it performs its task excellently.

Anyway, I will make some comparative tests with both Progressive GPU and Bakery.
    If no big problems come up, a version for Bakery will be available through OneirosVR website.

LostPanda, Cascho01 and keeponshading like this.
  22. optimise

optimise

Hi @ArchVizPRO, any plan to upgrade to Unity 2019.3 and beyond when it's out of beta?

23. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

Hello
    Yes absolutely it will be updated as soon Unity 2019.3 will be released.
    Also, the HDRP VR setup will come from 2019.3.

keeponshading, karonte and optimise like this.
  24. ViewportAU

ViewportAU

Do you think we are going to get any update on standard pipeline whiting a week? that would be nice!, so I would not have to convert it manually one by one model.

25. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

Hello
    Standard Pipeline is not supported by Vol.7. But as soon Unity 2019.3 will be released, a Universal Rendering Pipeline (the old LWRP) will be available for download.

optimise likes this.
  26. optimise

optimise

Will you create mobile friendly version for Universal Rendering Pipeline version?

27. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

Yes, a Universal Rendering Pipeline with Mobile support will be available for Unity 2019.3.

28. keeponshading

keeponshading

Hi. Great. Did you already started with an Bakery bake scenario?

29. ViewportAU

ViewportAU

Hello,
    Awesome AAA quality, however, someone has to mention that some assets are way off scale in VR, (Vol 7 and 6), hope now that you are introducing VR you will notice it too.
    Regarding HDRP VR version, I wonder if Unity 2019.3 has any improvement on VR that makes you hold the release of this package?

30. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

Hello
    All assets should have been modeled on the correct scale. Could you please tell me which ones you find out of scale?
    The VR version is almost complete and will be released with the official Unity 2019.3 (that should come out very soon). This mainly because it will use the new XR Interaction Toolkit.
    Thank you and best regards.

zeb33 and keeponshading like this.
  31. rgomezc

rgomezc

Hello,

I'm also very interested in a Bakery-compatible version. I actually have been trying to bake the lights again using Bakery but so far I just haven't been able to get a half decent look.

I need to rebake the lights as I need to separate the walls so each one is a different mesh. I already did that with the Vol 6 and can get something very similar to the official release.

I tried first to bake using the Progressive GPU but at some point it crashed and switched to Progressive CPU, and that was never going to finish. I'm trying again right now...

Edit: I had asked how much time it took, but I see now that you already answered that before: around 50 mins...

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
  32. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

Hello
    To use Progressive GPU you must have at least 8 GB of ram (I actually use a GTX 1070).
    If you fallback to Progressive CPU, you can use some tricks to increase the available RAM.
    Look at the FAQ documentation, you can:
    - Decrease Lightmap Size (actually is 2048, try with 1024 or 512). Lower Size = less RAM used.
    - Decrease texture resolution (from Quality Settings).
    - Use a second GPU to bake lightmaps.
    With Progressive GPU baking times are around 50/60 minutes.

The Bakery version will come, but I can't give you precise estimated time at the moment.
    Thank you!

33. rgomezc

rgomezc

Thanks! I managed to finally made a Bake using Progressive GPU, lowering the lightmap size to 1024. I have some other GPU I can put on the computer as to use the RTX 2060 I have only for baking, although I guess it is not a problem to have a smaller lightmap size? I'm guessing it's not as optimized as it could be but other that that it shouldn't be a problem?

I intend to have the Vol 6 and Vol 7 on the same Unity project. I already did that before but I'm guessing I didn't do it correctly, using as base the Vol 6 HDRP version. If I have a Vol 7 already working fine, I can just copy the Assets\Vol 6 folder into my new project and start from there?

Thanks!

34. rgomezc

rgomezc

Another question: I found that the FPSController says "Missing prefabs". At first I thought it was something related to my changes, so I started a new project from scratch, imported the asset, followed the PDF steps, but still get the error:

missing-prefabs.jpg

Any idea what could be the problem? I am on Unity 2019.2.17f1

35. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

Hello
    If you download the asset with Unity 2019.2 you have to import Standard Assets from Asset Store.
    From 2019.3 the character controller is already in the project, no need to download external assets.

36. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

About Lightmap Size, generally higher is better. This because a higher lightmaps number = higher draw calls.

37. rgomezc

rgomezc

Thanks! Will do!

38. rgomezc

rgomezc

I left the computer baking the lightmap using a 2048 size but I get black spots everywhere. I can bake without problems using a 1024 size, so I guess I'll have to do that...

Thanks for your help!

39. minankewong

minankewong

Hi,

Just downloaded the VR version and tested it with the HP Reverb and I have 2 questions

1) When view the scene within VR, the lighting inside the rooms are too bright, so I cannot see much details
    2) In steamVR, I set the resolution to 140%. But in VR, the visual is a bit blur. What I mean is the materials and textures are not very HD.

- I'm very new to Unity
    - I'm using 2019.3.0f5

Thanks a lot

40. keeponshading

keeponshading

Hi,
    do you have an Bakery setup for ArchViz Pro 7.
    The PLM LightMap quality is really bad.
    The workarounds for the plants and the hourless testing to find an lightmap resolution who fits the PLM GPU implementation is really bad.
    This is a micro small scene.
    Current PLM archtiecture cannot deliver an stabil productive experience nor the needed quality.
    ArchViz Pro 6 delivered an professionell baking setup on Bakery with great speed and lightmap quality. ArchViz 7 is a step back towards gamble backing.

41. minankewong

minankewong

After adjusted the Exposure > Compensation, now I got a much more clear and suitable brightness rooms and also can see the material and texture more clearly. Thanks

42. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

Are you using an RTX video card to bake? There is a bug with it, use OpenImageDenoise instead of Optix as a workaround.

43. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

Please open the VR scene with the indicated Unity version (2019.3.0f3).
    If you change the rig setup (original setup is made for Vive), be sure to use the same Image Effect and Camera setup.
    Textures are HD quality, most of them are 4K, could you please point me where you see them blurry?
    Thank you!

44. kaz8teen

kaz8teen

Can't get this to open in 2019.3.2. It crashes when opening the scene. Any fixes?

45. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO Vol.7 was submitted with Unity 2019.3.1, you should not have any problem opening with 2019.3.2.
    I will make some tests on my side and let you know.
    Thank you!

46. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

I have successfully imported v1.1 in Unity 2019.3.2f1. Everything is working as expected.
    Please try again and let me know. Also, be sure to check the documentation. 2020-02-25_11h24_52.png

47. keeponshading

keeponshading

Hi. The Non VR is working great.
    Do you also already tested the ArchVizPRO Interior Vol.7 VR in Unity_2019.3.2f1 in HDRP 7.2.0 or are they still showstopper.

48. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

Hello
    Yes, I have tested the VR version (uploaded on OneirosVR) with HDRP 7.2.1 and Unity 2019.3.2f1 and everything works ok!

keeponshading likes this.
  49. keeponshading

keeponshading

You could probably add the required
    SteamVR version 1.10.2 to the documentation.
    I searched a while.

50. keeponshading

keeponshading

Is there a reason why TAA is activated in your VR scenario.
    There is lots of smearing around.

Switching to MSAA in Forward rendering gives me a much better result.
    However it is miles away from BuiltIn RP. and there is somes specular aliasing then.

So my actual hitlist for best sharp VR image is

1) TheLabRenderer Unity (limited feature set)
    2) Unity BuiltIn RP with CTAA VR + PPV2
    3) Unreal Forward Renderer

the actual VR quality from HDRP

3) Unity HDRP Forward MSAA
    4) Unity HDRP + TAA

is still a liitle off and far away whats possible 2020. See Half Live Alyx. Quality wise it s the Lab Renderer with working PostProcessingStack.

So. There is MSAA and TAA and FXAA and material specular aa needed.
    For now we have, use one of them and live with the rest issues.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020