Search Unity

[RELEASED] ArchVizPRO Interior Vol.6

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by ArchVizPRO, May 31, 2018.

1. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

Hello
    There is already an exterior wall in the scene.
    The name of the Gameobject is "Walls_Shell".
    Now it's in Cast Shadow "Shadow Only", to let the user see inside.
    Just switch to shadow "ON", and you are ready to go!
    The exterior wall also prevents light leak.

2. michalsilverbox

michalsilverbox

Thank you for the prompt answer!
    Wall_Shell's material (Shell) looks a little bit to dark. I decided to swap it to Paint_Exterior2. It's obviously a rookie question, but I hope you don't mind:
    1. Will I break anything by chaning this material?
    2. If not, how do I rebake the whole scene? Lighting ==> Generate Lighting ?

Thank you.

3. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

Hello. Yes, the Shell material is black. But you could change it without problem with the one you like.
    Changing material doesn't break anything, no need to rebake. But if you for some reason need to rebake, yes just press the Generate Lighting button. But I warn you, baking times are around 10 hours. If it's too much for you, consider using a GPU lightmapper like Bakery.

4. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

A screenshot from... the HD SRP version!
    It features Volumetric Lighting, Planar Reflection and Decals.
    It will be released soon, stay tuned!
    2018-09-08_17h27_28.jpg

5. shkar-noori

shkar-noori

Hello @ArchVizPRO, I really like your work, good job. i have your other pack and its one of the most perfectly designed assets out there, my main concern is with the new HD SRP, we've started working on a new game and we're using the HD SRP, how long will it be for you to release the HD SRP version? when that's out, its an immediate buy for us.

6. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

Hello
    HD SRP will be available for download only for those who have bought AVP Vol.6.
    It will be downloadable not from Asset Store, but from a website that is in developing (with an invoice check).
    This mainly because HD SRP is in continuous development, and this is the easiest way to keep it updated in a short time. For everyone interested, until the website is not completed, you can send me a mail with the invoice, and I can send you the latest Vol.6 HD SRP project.
    Keep in mind that in this way, it could take some time for me to respond and send you.
    Thank you!

Warning. The HD SRP version is setup to use Bakery to bake the Lightmas. If you need to rebake, you should own it and import in the project.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
    shkar-noori likes this.
  7. sadicus

sadicus

Will this work with the Free Unity 2018?

8. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

Hello
    Yes of course!

9. Marald

Marald

Hi ArchViz, great work.

Do you now if it is possible to use these assets on a Oculus Go in VR as well? Are these already optimized enough? Most elements have to be dynamic as well, so most of the elements need to be movable/animateable, static GI mapped lighting will probably not be an option.

thx in advance!

10. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

Hello
    I never tried with an Oculus Go.
    I made some test with a Samsung S8. With a standard mobile build (not VR), I get around 60 fps.
    A great framerate for mobile, but I think not enough for a smooth VR experience.

11. Rulez777

Rulez777

Hi! Sorry for the newbie question, but how do I make the same Height Blending as on your gif on page 1? I want to make the outside wall a bit more green.

12. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

Hello
    To paint the vertex, I used Vertex painter.
    Or, if you prefer, you could use Polybrush for example.

13. shredingskin

shredingskin

Are you using the standard layered lit to replace the vertex color shaders ?
    Is there any noticeable difference in performance using HDRP ?
    Also, why are you using bakery ?

I bought the asset and I think it's amazing, your best work yet (I still find V3 more modular/useable), but the quality is top notch.

Keep the great work.

14. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

Thank you so much.
    I respond in order:
    1- I use HDRP Decals to replace the vertex color shaders.
    2- Hard to tell, because in HDRP I use planar reflection and volumetric lighting. Without them, performances are more or less the same.
    3- Baking lightmaps in Enlighten takes around 10-12 hours. With Bakery 1 hour and better quality.

15. ricbalderas

ricbalderas

Hello Folks, is that posible to get a compiled demo ready to run on HTC Vive.
    This is my e-mail ricardobalderas@hotmail.com
    Regards

Ricardo

16. Cascho01

Cascho01

Would you tell us your CPU/GPU incl. RAM?

Thank you!

17. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

I have an Intel i7 and a GXT 1070.

Cascho01 likes this.
  18. Cascho01

Cascho01

Ruggero, I see you have tried Bakery.
    I made some comparison tests against Unitys GPU lightmapper (beta), and indeed it makes much cleaner images when the rendertime is setup to be the same.

How often do you make use of the "Render selected..." button?
    What do you think about Unitys GPU lightmapper missing such a functionality?

19. Cascho01

Cascho01

Next question :rolleyes: :
    I´m pretty sure you use your own unwrapped UV2 channel for the lightmaps.
    So do you let the "Generate Lightmapping UVs" checkbox in Unity unticked to ensure they don´t get overwritten?
    This would mean that every mesh in your scene that contributes to GI needs to be manually UV2-unwrapped in 3dsmax, right?

20. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

Hello
    1- I still have not a chance to use the "Render Selected" button of Bakery
    2- I think the main problem of Unity GPU light mapper is that it uses a lot of RAM. This because the Unity scene is all loaded in RAM. Bakery instead cleans up the RAM before rendering. With GPU lightmapper I can't bake for example Vol.6, since 80% of my ram was used by the loaded scene in Unity.
    3- I usually use "Generate Lightmapping UVs" only on house walls, floor etc. For furniture and props I manually unwrap all of them in 3dsMax. Usually I use the UV1 channel (needed for Painter and Designer for example) also for UV2.

21. MrJohny

MrJohny

May i ask you something, how many FPS do you have on that GTX 1080 on max quality?

22. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

Here some benchmark :

Native Full HD: 200-280 fps, up to 340 fps
    2x SSAA Full HD: 125-160 fps, up to 180 fps

Native 4K: 60-90 fps, up to 110 fps
    2x SSAA 4K: 36-44 fps, up to 50 fps

Hardware test:
    cpu: i7 6700k, gpu: gtx 1070

SSAA is "supersampling anti-aliasing", and works by rendering the whole image at a higher resolution and downsampling it to the screen resolution.

AVP6_bechmark_1.jpg AVP6_bechmark_2.jpg

23. trevorchico

trevorchico

Hi! Any idea on what the lowest file size you could get a way with for a mobile VR application? Seems like a big file and not sure how your textures are setup.

Cheers,

T

24. FairGamesProductions

FairGamesProductions

Hey.
    I just bought this asset and there seems to be an issue with the pack. I'm opening it in 2017.3.1f1 and in the Desktop scene the house model prefabs seem to be missing, and same for some of the other furniture prefabs. And I did import the entire pack, twice.

upload_2018-11-18_15-56-7.png

neutron9 likes this.
  25. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

Hello
    I can confirm everything works ok.
    Probably it's about an incomplete/corrupt download.
    Try to download again from Asset Store. Or if you still have problems send me your invoice to ruggero.corridori@gmail.com, and I will send you a direct link to download it.

26. TwiiK

TwiiK

Awesome stuff. I bought your first volume and it's impressive to see how much you've improved since then.

I'm currently experimenting with (learning) HDRP. Seeing as you're upgrading this to support it this seems like an invaluable resource able to directly compare the 2 projects.

If you have time to answer a few questions for me that would be awesome. Seeing as this project is on sale now and I'm all about visually impressive Unity projects I'll buy it regardless, but I'm very curious about HDRP.

How far along in the process of upgrading the project are you? And is it straight forward or troublesome?

What are your thoughts on HDRP? Does it make it easier to make good looking scenes in Unity and/or do they end up better looking overall? From my experience HDRP is quite finicky to work with and the results I get at the moment seem very unstable, but I can definitely see the potential.

Lastly, do you have any tricks for managing all the different texture maps? I hate how they're grouped in as few textures as possible. This makes them really hard to work with and organize. The smoothness texture with 4 maps in one is my biggest gripe. Working with individual channels in Photoshop is so awkward. I'm considering making a script or program or something which automatically takes layers from a psd-file and combines them into the correct channels and saves that as the unity texture or something, but before I commit to something like that I'm curious how other people handle this, especially those already working proper high quality projects. :)

27. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

Hello
    The main difficulty I have in the conversion is the early stage of the HDRP. But it's actually, with v.4.2.0 it's quite stable.
    Personally, I love HDRP, since now you can make things that before needed external resources (Volumetric and Planar reflection for example). Speaking about "quality", HDRP it's not a magic thing that makes everything look better, but gives you the tools to make what you want with more control.
    About the texture packing, it's not a big problem. I use Substance Painter and Designer, and with both the HDRP output is easy if not automatic. Also, in HDRP, there is an integrated automatic tool for the conversion to Standard To HDRP texture.

And from now ArchVizPRO Vol.6 HDRP Beta2 is available to download.
    Just send me the invoice to ruggero.corridori@gmail.com to get the direct link.

TwiiK likes this.
  28. ArtR

ArtR

Hey Ruggero,
    I would just like to thank you for the incredible assets. As a professional who's been in the video game industry for over 12 years and now more into the arch viz side of the cgi world, i can say that you take pride in your work and it shows in the attention to detail, organization and overall neatness of all the assets you sell here in the Unity Asset Store. This forum thread alone has been highly informational (Bakery is amazing... Unwrap Pro is also a great timesaver).

I also find is great that you're showing how Unity can compete with the Unreal Engine graphically if done properly. I have years of experience with Unity (graphics, shaders and scripting) and would hate having to jump into the Unreal wagon... your work completely made it clear to me I don't have to.

Thank you for sharing your work and also details about your workflow... at least for me it's been worth the price of the assets alone.

I will be sending you an e-mail soon to get a copy of the HDRP version... can't wait to learn more from your great work.

Regards!

Cascho01 likes this.
  29. karrtoon

karrtoon

Are some of these furnitures Evermotion Archmodels and Archinteriors assets? I found a few comparable items in my archmodels pack and trying to make a scene this good from scratch. The issue is when i export them I don't have all of the PBR materials that you have. Like the normal map, metallic, AO.

Also, do you hand place all of them in Unity or is there another way to export my scene to Unity to keep all of the item coordinates? I would pay for a very detailed video tutorial of the entire pipeline. It seems I also need to decimate my models on top of it,.

I really wish Unity would implement something like Unreal Engine 4 did with Unreal Studio and Unreal Data smith (A few click and the entire 3DS max scene converted to UE4 with proper PBR materials and lighting)

Unity really needs to get caught up with Archviz, your projects show Unity can be just a pretty for archviz as UE4.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    ArtR likes this.
  30. ArtR

ArtR

Karrtoon,
    I think he mentioned using substance painter. I have looked at his assets and they do look like they were done in substance painter for sure. I don’t think they’re ever motion models since they are usually done for vray and that does not use the pbr workflow.
    Substance also has presets for exporting to Unity and Unreal which is probably what he used.

Cheers,

Ruben

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  31. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

Hello
    Usually, I model from scratch all my furniture. But it could be I used some highpoly from Evermotion as a reference for making the lowpoly version.
    I don't trust so much automatic conversion tools (Unreal Studio and Unreal Data), since only with much work on the model and textures you can get a good quality. Also usually offline render scene are extremelly highpoly.. and you have to reduce them manually, unwrapping for lightmapping etc... No automatic tool can do this for you at the moment.

ArtR likes this.
  32. Deleted User

Deleted User

HI,

Just wanted to come in and say what an amazing set of work. Love it, and looking forward what you can do with the HDR workflow in Unity.
    Looking at the specs on page 1, and asking this as we get these questions a lot from customers, what can we do quality wise regarding WebGL on scenes like this? How much would we 'step back' quality wise?
    I see mobile in the list, but know WebGL can be a can of worms, and is a different technique.

Also big thanks for mentioning Bakery and UnWrap Pro! Didn't know about these :)

33. shredingskin

shredingskin

Amazing work !
    Using 2018.3.0f1 and HDRP 4.2.0 the project works, for some reason the shaders appear as failed to compile (and the preview looks pink), but the shaders do work and look awesome.
    Are those shaders created on shadergraph or in amplify ?
    Gonna see how it work with unity 2019 and HDRP 5

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  34. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

Hello
    Only the preview of the shader is pink, or also the material in scene ?
    Do you have some screenshot of the problem?
    All shaders of the HDRP version are made in shader graph.
    Thank you

35. shredingskin

shredingskin

Just in the inspector, the scene looks great !
    In unity 2019 the rain shader doesn't work though (and have package problems with the alembic importer).

36. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi,

Hopefully AVP, or someone else wants to answer this one:
    - Why are there Light Probes added to the scene? If I understand the docs and videos correctly, it's basically used for properly lighting non-static scene objects.
    Or is there another purpose in combination with the light baking in the scene I haven't found yet??

cheers!
    rob

37. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

Actually, lights probes are added only to lit dynamic objects. For example, if you drag a dynamic object in the scene, you could see a preview of the light received. They have not influence on non-static objects.

38. jktechnologies

jktechnologies

Hi, I tried to move, change around some furnitures but the shadows are still there. How to I re-create the shadow to make the scene look correctly?

39. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

Hello
    The scene used baked light. You have to generate again the lightmaps.
    Push the "Generate Lighting" button in Lighting window.
    Depending on your hardware it could take several hours.

40. Unplug

Unplug

exact same problem here. Version 2017.3.1f1 show missing prefab everywhere.
    unable to redownload as it require unity upgrade

very bad :(

41. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

Hello
    Corrupt download of big package from Unity Asset Store is a common problem.
    But it's a problem I can't resolve since downloads are managed from Asset Store.
    Write me at ruggero.corridori@gmail.com (with your invoice number), I will send you a direct link to download the last version.
    Thank you!

42. Unplug

Unplug

I've already sent you an email at the same time I wrote here on the forum, it would have been great that you checked first before asking me to write you... waiting for your link.

by the way the mobile version scene load ok, it's mysteriously just the PC scene with the bell and whistle that is broken and exactly the same part as the other dude so maybe it's not a random error.

43. Unplug

Unplug

And of course downloading the same package, reimporting the same package didn't solve anything since everything is the same. no item was replace when importing and the PC scene is still filled with "missing prefab"

44. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

Yes now there is the outside wall, but it's invisible.
    Search for a game object named "Walls_Shell" and set in Mesh Renderer Cast Shadow to ON.
    Walls_Shell.JPG

45. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

Hello
    I have tried to import in 2017 and you are right, it shows missing prefab.
    But as you can see from Asset Store, the minimum version supported is 2018.2.1.
    With that version or above, everything import correctly.
    UnitySupportedVersion.JPG

46. Unplug

Unplug

I bought the asset because you said everything was OK in 2017 which now turn out to be false. IF that is your answer, then please refund me or get me a huge credit for loosing the PC demo scene entirely. I mean come on dude, you answer 2 persons on the forum about it being compatible but you didn't tested it before answering that. This is really misleading. Now you back yourself behind the "supported unity versions"... Why everything work in the mobile scene, what have you done with the PC one. Can't you build a 2017 scene !? The object load its the building, window, probe that get wiped out.

47. Deleted User

Deleted User

@Unplug:
    What's keeping you from installing the 2018 version of Unity?
    You do know that you can install different versions, right? Just select another install path during the install. I have multiple versions running with no problems.

So don't be a a frozen crystalline water-drop and play nice ;)

48. Unplug

Unplug

@RobWu I bought the asset for a game we are developping under 2017 and there is no way at this stage that we will risk of upgrading to 2018. If i can't import the package like I was told I was gonna be able to, then there is no purpose for me to bought it in the first place. I ask before buying and the information received from the seller was not true because he didn't validate what he was saying. At that price point, and price wouldn't be an excuse anyway for incorrect information, i expect the scene to be working.

Now we are juggle with keeping it for the web version but the PC scene have more bell and whistle to explore that we wanted.

49. Deleted User

Deleted User

@Unplug:
    What's keeping you from just manually importing the FBX models, and restoring the textures/materials for the 2017 game? yes, it's a bit more work, but if it's assets you're going for I don't see the problem here.
    Yes, it's a a bummer it doesn't properly work inside 2017, but there are workarounds here.
    It probably all has to do with the revamped prefab system in the latest 2018 versions.

rob

50. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO interiors always use the latest Unity features.
    The package was updated to 2018.2.1 in v.2 mainly because the new rain FX effects and minor fixes.
    I am a single developer, I can't keep all my assets working on all Unity version. The only supported version is the one you find in the asset Store description. Usually changing Unity version is not a problem, but in this case, it is.
    As RobWu said, it's probably because of the new Prefab System. I am sorry if I told you before it works on 2017, I had to check better. If you are not going to use at all the Interior Vol.6, I will be glad to give you a refund.
    Let me know.
    Regards