Search Unity

[DEPRECATED] Anima2D - Advanced 2D Skeletal Animation Plugin

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sergi_mandarina, Nov 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sergi_Valls

Sergi_Valls

Unity Technologies

Yes, I was aware of this.
    The reason the original texture is included in the build is the material hidden inside the SpriteMesh asset referencing the original texture to enable previews in the inspector (prefabs, Animator, etc).
    I decided to destroy those materials as I cannot make them out of the build.
    Please, try this beta and let me know if you find any issue.

Warning: This update requires upgrading your SpriteMesh assets, so make a backup!
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/uab6p2bvqltglbi/Anima2D_1.1.4b1.unitypackage?dl=0

Changelog:
    - No more original textures in the build when using SpriteAtlases.
    - With this update we lose some inspector previews.
    - "sharedMaterials" property in SpriteMesh is gone.
    - Fixed Bone2D color setter.
    - Added SpriteMask material to interact with unity's SpriteMask.
    - Fixed BakeAnimations in 2017.1
    - Examples using new SpriteAtlas assets.

shottogan likes this.
  2. korbul

korbul

Beta works. Now the single png images are not included in build. Thank you. I'll let you know if I find any issues with the beta version.

Sergi_Valls likes this.
  3. FVL_

FVL_

Hello Sergi,

I want to replace some sprites and recrop them at optimal size without messing up my SpriteMesh. But if the sprites have a different size than before, the mesh is misplaced.

Is there any way I can move a Sprite inside a SpriteMesh? Or move the mesh/bones to match the new sprite?

Thanks as always.

4. Sergi_Valls

Sergi_Valls

Unity Technologies

Just bind the second character's SpriteMeshes using the same skeleton you used for the first one.

Using the SpriteMeshEditorWindow you can select and move the vertices around. Move the pivot point to move the bind poses.

5. Quetzal_Studios

Quetzal_Studios

Heya,
    How does springBones with IsAnimated work? Does it blend between animation and spring behaviour? If so, would it be possible to add an option to override the movement completely if the bone is animated during a clip? Or am I forced to disable and enable springManager in the animation (which effects in visible "popping")?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  6. Exceeds

Exceeds

Hello Im using spring bones with 2d characters that move on a 3d scene and I would really like to know how to stop spring bones bouncing/rotating to Y axis.
    Also, when I add skinned Mesh Combiner to my character, order in layers are ignored, what am I doing wrong?
    Help please.

7. joshua121

joshua121

Sorry if this has already been asked, but is there a way to key all of the bones at once?

8. Neo-Dragon

Neo-Dragon

I recently updated to Unity 2017.1 and I cannot add any new sprite meshes to the scenes (old ones are fine).
    For whatever reason, it adds it as a playable director component (see my attachment).
    It seems to add a duplicate object as well as a standard spritemesh.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  9. Sergi_Valls

Sergi_Valls

Unity Technologies

I do not provide support for spring bones as it is just an example of procedural animation.
    To get the right order, sort the sprite meshes back to front in the combiner list.

You can try loading a pose. It will key all the bones that moved.

Hmm weird. I cannot reproduce. Can you send me a project with your spriteMesh?

10. RennanRdC

RennanRdC

Hello, I have a problem and I would like help. I created my character and everything worked perfectly, but unfortunately I'm having a problem with the Z Axis. My game is 3d, although I use anima2d for the characters, which are 2d. And I'd like the order of my characters to work with the Z axis, but that's not happening. Is there any solution to this problem other than updating the sorting order?

*sorry for bad english*

11. Sergi_Valls

Sergi_Valls

Unity Technologies

Please check this tutorial:
    https://unity3d.com/es/learn/tutori...ion/sorting-groups-and-transparency-sort-axis

12. RennanRdC

RennanRdC

How can i change sorting order of full character? Look at my game, i need to change this order all the time... the unity sprites do it from standart

Attached Files:

13. RennanRdC

RennanRdC

Other problem: My spring bones do not work correctly when I build in the game .. inside the unity everything works perfectly. Even the UnityChan scene is bugged in builded game

14. RennanRdC

RennanRdC

Other question: Can i change bone sprites dynamicly with combined mesh?

15. hedgefield

hedgefield

I'm keen to use Anima2D in my Unity 2017.1 project, but I can't seem to get a character set up correctly.

I imported the limb sprites, made them into spritemeshes, arranged them in the scene and built a bone network on top of them, but then when I start binding the bones I get weird results.

For some reason I cannot bind some bones. When I do and click apply I get these errors, and the spritemesh disappears in the scene view. When I unbind and apply, everything is back to normal.

Attached Files:

16. Sergi_Valls

Sergi_Valls

Unity Technologies

Check the sorting tutorial. If it doesn't solve your problem, ask in the 2D forums.

I can build it and I cannot reproduce that issues. I do not support spring bones.

Once the mesh is combined, you cannot modify it.

Check your weights. Slice your geometry better and try again.

17. nanopony

nanopony

First of all, thank you so much for releasing this plugin!

A little feature proposal/"pull request" (sorta): a "peg". Take you're animating a cape of a character and you have several "control points" that manage its deformation. Under the hood it is unhierarched bones of zero length that can only be translated, not rotated. Thier gizmos are some kind of special icons. As a proof of concept I've added simple script and menu short cut similar to "create new bones".

Attached Files:

18. xpachin

xpachin

question:
    what's the point of anima2d beeing part of unity if there will be no more additional features in the future? like ffd?
    except of beeing free, what else can we expect?

19. DGordon

DGordon

Hey,

[Edit -- Request a .dll for speed but it had nothing to do with compilation time. It had to do with a SerializedObject having too big of a datastructure in it ... apparently the bottom right thing spins when its compiling code, and anything after it stops spinning is other stuff. Sorry!]

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  20. EvOne

EvOne

-As the Author has explained to us earlier - nothing! :) but only maintenance of working capacity in the new versions of Unity...
    Now this is just another one killed in infancy, without development, without the future, the Аbility we all need ...
    Dreams did not come true.
    Sadness

21. xpachin

xpachin

then again, what's the point?

22. Mirgan

Mirgan

Hi!
    Every time after I push my game in the git and then open it on another computer my meshes break. After i open Sprite Mesh Edit window and click apply button everything is corrected. This line in assert is deleted on one computer and inserted on the other and so every time - m_DoubleSidedGI: 0.
    Same things happened when i switch platform (android - winwows).
    Help me stop this plz.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  23. Sergi_Valls

Sergi_Valls

Unity Technologies

Yes, using bones like this is possible already.

We are working in native 2D animation tools. We don't want to duplicate efforts by adding new features to the plugin.
    The main reason to release it for free and maintain it compatible is to make sure people who bought it can finish their projects. At the same time the tool can be useful to many people as is.

I tried switching platform with my example scenes and I cannot reproduce. Can you send me a small project reproducing the problem?

EvOne and chiapet1021 like this.
  24. xpachin

xpachin

well... that sonunds better :)
    any ideas when? will it have ffd?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    chiapet1021 likes this.
  25. EvOne

EvOne

Yeeeeeeee! :)))) Just from what you said earlier, it was difficult to understand this way (especially with not very good knowledge of English)
    Hence the growing suspicion of the existence of the Conspiracy to eliminate especially valuable addons ... :)))
    Sorry for that, and Good Luck to Anima and its Author! :)

26. Mirgan

Mirgan

Hi, Sergi.

Problem was in Cache Server. I deleted my Cache Server, deleted Library folder. Switch several times between platforms, after this i turned on local cache server and now seemingly all works fine.

27. PaulWhack

PaulWhack

Hi,
    Got an odd one for you here. Im rigging my character and all is going smoothly But when i add the 2D IK the Icons are HUGE?
    My character is not tiny? taken from my Sprite sheet 2048x2048 his combined parts fill up half of it.
    is their a way to resize the icon's?

28. PaulWhack

PaulWhack

AHHHHHHHH i figured it out, silly mistake.

29. orientapps

orientapps

Thanks for making this product free. Quesion A. If I use weapon, Do I need to add a bone to it? B. How about multiple weapons?

30. Watapax

Watapax

Bones are not Updating in ExecuteInEditMode

Hi I make a script to control an animation in edit mode, the problem is that everything is updating in edit mode but not the bones, so i cant preview my animations, i share a video to explain

31. Sergi_Valls

Sergi_Valls

Unity Technologies

The way of solving this is to make your own custom inspector like this:
    ... OnInspectorGUI() {
    EditorGUI.BeginChangeCheck();
    EditorGUILayout.PropertyField(talonControlProp);
    if(EditorGUI.EndChangeCheck())
    {
    Anima2D.EditorUpdater.SetDirty(Undo.GetCurrentGroupName());
    }
    }

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
  32. Arcanebits

Arcanebits

Quick Question Here:

We are a two person team, the standard Artist and Programmer combo.
    The artist on its own pc can use anima2d and make the animation then export it as pngs? since we where using spriterPro and we need to move on but dont want to break the pipeline...

So I get the images, put them in my unity3d (the development pc) and make my animations from there?

Anyone knows?

Aldo

33. jeffweber

jeffweber

Hey @Sergi_Valls and everyone else.

I've been using Anima2D for a quite a while. Love the tool.

I'm currently having a strange rendering issue that only happens on iOS. See the images below:

Here is the sprite mesh:

Here is how things look in the editor and in windows builds:

And, here is how things look in iOS (Note the white dot is not part of the sprite mesh):

Any idea why, on iOS only, the butt would be getting cut off like that? Prior to bending at the waist, it all looks fine. The further the bend, the more of the butt that is cut off.

Not sure where to even start with this. Remember, this is iOS ONLY.

Thanks,

-Jeff

34. Sergi_Valls

Sergi_Valls

Unity Technologies

Hi Jeff, make sure QualitySettings use 4 bones in iOS platform. Looks like it is using 1 bone.

35. jeffweber

jeffweber

Yep, that was it. Thanks!

36. sorasora

sorasora

I know that author anima2d does not support spring bones, but i doubled question about it
    Spring bones don`t work in new version of windows builds but work very well into webgl builds. I don`t know why, i think problem is small because of webgl builds works fine, but i am not a programmer and my opinion in this question is not professional.
    But spring bones feature is unique technology for all programs of skeletal animation, and it will be very hurt for all non programmers to lose it. If someone can solve this problem - please save us.
    Thanks Serg_Valls for anima2d.

37. killica

killica

Hello, is there a script for photoshop to export layers as png with .json file that loads automaticly meshes at original positions as in Spine? thanks

38. SailingTrain

SailingTrain

THANK YOU!!!

I have been trying and failing to fix this for a length of time I'm too embarrassed to admit.

thankyouthankyouthankyou

39. sorasora

sorasora

Look for PSD importer for Unity. I found this library long ago on github, but it works fine. Don`t forget about root folder at psd file and avoid same name of layers.

40. sorasora

sorasora

Sergi_Valls, when i make spritemesh from sprite at hierarchy window it loose position at sorting layer
    2017-09-17_19-28-00.png 2017-09-17_19-26-54.png
    sprite order in layer = 1
    spritemeshes order in layer = 0

It is nothing when not many layers but it is problem when quantity of layers about 100 and more.
    Can you fix losing order position at sprite to spritemeshes operation?

41. sorasora

sorasora

Question 1: about sprite mask material. In default unity is options: visible inside mask and visible outside mask. Sprite mask material works like only "visible inside mask". Can we make options - visible outside mask with anima2d sprite mask material?
    Question 2: Can we edit sprite mask via spritemesh instance with bones etc.?

42. filestream

filestream

hi Sergi_Valls
    now i have a question:
    i using the Anima2d using for a draw project.

upload_2017-9-19_17-15-45.png
    like this picture i will drawing some color.like this:
    upload_2017-9-19_17-16-45.png

then i will send this image to service ,which using Anima2d prefab.

upload_2017-9-19_17-18-53.png

if i using this replace the Anima2d perfab sprite, using the

upload_2017-9-19_17-20-28.png

but i have the problem.

this picture will show the remain out line.

how to i change the sprite/default shader ,merger the pure color image with outline image.

i using many UI Sprite Mask shader ,but it's can't work. this shader how to write.

43. Watapax

Watapax

Strange bones rotation in Play Mode

Hello, my animations is playing OK in editor but in playmode occurs a strange rotation in the foot bones, y post a video to explain, the right foot is moving fine but the left foot joints have a weird rotation. Some help please?

44. Sergi_Valls

Sergi_Valls

Unity Technologies

If you are using IK at runtime you need an IkGroup component and sort the IKs

MerovingL likes this.
  45. killica

killica

Hello, maybe this is a noob question, but I have major issues with setting up a rig not being streamlined. Would be great if there could be an automated process for exporting PSD file with layers as meshes and having something like live update between unity and photoshop.

46. sorasora

sorasora

it is not have automated layers in mesh, and as i post earlier Anima2d loose information about sorting orders after spritemesh creation.

47. Sylmerria

Sylmerria

Hi @Sergi_Valls ,

Any news or ETA for native 2d animation in Unity ? I think ETA is more U2018.1 or U2018.2.

Also, have you recommandations on how have good performance with 800 characters having a skeleton of 15 bones ?

Also beta from July version seems broken with atlas texture in 2017P5 Unitychan scene.

Thks

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  48. Devconone

Devconone

Hi @Sergi_Valls,

Anima2D looks great! I'm just getting into it, but is there any support in the Pose Manager to store Sprite Mesh Animation states? Am I missing something or is the Pose Manager just for bones & IK handles?

(And if it isn't supported atm, do you have any plans to do so in the future?)

49. kornel-l-varga

kornel-l-varga

Hi @Sergi_Valls ,

What an amazing tool!!! I am really enjoying working with Anima2D, however I am facing a problem. In our project we would like to use dynamic lighting and normal maps on the skinned meshes, is there a workaround for that to work ? Currently I am using Unity 2017.1.0f3.

Edit:
    I just updated to the latest (above shared version) and it seems to work. So nevermind my question.

50. sakataharumi

sakataharumi

Hi @Sergi_Valls,

【Sprite mask area does not follow】
    I tried to express the movement of the black eyes with a mask.
    However, the mask area does not follow the head.
    Can you suggest any solutions?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.