Search Unity

[DEPRECATED] Anima2D - Advanced 2D Skeletal Animation Plugin

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sergi_mandarina, Nov 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kale

Kale

Yea, I'm in the same boat. =(

2. Milo_del_mal

Milo_del_mal

Is there a way to batch multiple Anima2D skinned meshes into one draw call... Each character is generating one draw call, and it is really not convenient for mobile games :(

3. PassiveAggressor

PassiveAggressor

Firstly, great Addition to the unity store!

Quick Question:

I'd like to create multiple copies of a sprite mesh,
    then programattically change the sprite each one is rendering (to a unique rendertexture)

So that I can render several animated characters (which sprites are made by rendering several parts together)
    for example combining different body,head,arm,hair,dirt textures at run time.

Is this possible? and if so how? (if not, can it be added)
    Cheers :)

4. Zehru

Zehru

Hi! @sergi_mandarina
    Will this forum thread still be supported by you and Unity?

5. nosajtevol

nosajtevol

Is there a way to set anchored vertices?

6. zip-kiev

zip-kiev

Hi any news on this

Q: Whats comming on next update?

A: Right now we are working in implementing FFD (free form deformation) in a way that we think is the best using Unity's 5.3 new features.

Zehru likes this.
  7. James_0124

James_0124

I'm very happy this awesome asset is now available for free ! :)
    I have a question, though: Anima2D seems to change the .meta files for atlas texture files every now and then, namely the "userData" property in them. What does this value mean, and is there some way to stop this ?
    It's starting to mess with our version control.

8. Neo-Dragon

Neo-Dragon

Basic question but how do I change the color of the skinned sprite mesh? I tried passing in the render, grabbing the material and setting the color but it's not working.

9. Ben-BearFish

Ben-BearFish

@sergi_mandarina Now that you are part of Unity and the asset needs to be integrated with Unity editor 2D tools, does that mean the plan to support importing Spine2D is most likely dead?

10. AlanGreyjoy

AlanGreyjoy

Number of SpriteMesh Bend poses does not match poses...

Anyone else have this error?

11. zip-kiev

zip-kiev

so any news about FFD? any? because i want to use anima2d on my job, but don't know future plans on it from unity, so any information will be helpful, thx

12. nosajtevol

nosajtevol

Any way to change sorting order of a bone that's part of a sprite mesh at runtime?

13. Zehru

Zehru

Hi everyone! are you also having problems when binding bones to mesh in anima2d?
    everytime I try to do it, a problem occurs and the mesh dissapears

14. Steffie_Garcia

Steffie_Garcia

I've downloaded the new Anima2D now free with Unity 5.5.1 on a Windows machine and even though I see all the Anima2d Folders in the Assets Folder when I try to create a mesh in the Create sub-menu I can't the Anima2D option under Legacy. On a Mac this all works perfectly but I can't see any way to use Anima2D on Windows.

Has anyone else had this issue?

15. adscott1982

adscott1982

Is there any way to change the size of the blue circle in the UI indicating an IK? See the screenshots below, they are enormous, I would just like to scale them down a bit.

16. adscott1982

adscott1982

I have had this problem and think it must be some kind of bug. I make some sort of change to the SpriteMesh after it has been bound to a bone, and bam, as soon as I apply it disappears. I have no solution apart from messing around with it. I have managed to get it to work again by unbinding any bones, re-binding and applying, but I don't think that works all the time.

There are a few bugs I think, or I don't understand what I am doing wrong.

Zehru likes this.
  17. Sergi_Valls

Sergi_Valls

Unity Technologies

Hi,
    Sorry for all this time without answering. I'll try to answer some of your questions

Sorry but I never had such plan for Anima2D.

FFD for Anima2D was almost done but was not ready for release. There is no future plans to finish that part for Anima2D.

Which problem? do you see any error in console? Are you sure your mesh has weights (toggle the overlay check to see)?

I could not reproduce the problem. Could you send me a project with the issue?

I usually set "Gizmos -> 3D" Icons off in the Scene View toolbar.

18. adscott1982

adscott1982

Thank you very much, turning off the 3D gizmos worked. Thanks for a great product Sergi.

I am now going to attempt attaching Rigidbodies to my bones in Anima2D, so that when the animation stops I can activate physics and have ragdoll physics. If this has already been done and documented somewhere please let me know! Otherwise I will try and do it myself.

19. Zehru

Zehru

Hello @Sergi_Valls
    Sorry for the late reply, When you sent your answer to my question, my laptop had broken and it's still not that good but now is possible to work with it.
    I'll send a gif showing the problem here in this forum thread, okay?
    thank you for the amazing product.
    cheers

Sergi_Valls likes this.
  20. Kale

Kale

I guess, there goes ffd.

21. UberMun

UberMun

I'm unable to any sprites to any bones,
    from what I understand, all I have to do is drag out a SpriteMesh to create a SpriteMeshInstance which I have done.
    Then I assigned a bone to that SpriteMeshInstance, and it gives this warning message:

So I open the SpriteMesh editor to bind it and:

..the bind button is greyed out..

22. Sergi_Valls

Sergi_Valls

Unity Technologies

You need to select the new SpriteMeshInstance from the scene. If you select the SpriteMesh form the assets you will not be able to bind anything.

23. SuperSpaceHero

SuperSpaceHero

I may have completely missed it, but is there a way to go about setting the Sprite Mesh an instance uses as an animation property (to allow for things such as blinking)?

24. UberMun

UberMun

Thanks, though I actually figure that out on my own after. :)

25. funianrun

funianrun

Im completely lost with getting the IK CCD to work.
    Here are some pictures of my scenario :

In picture 1 you can see that I add the IK CCD to the last bone in the chain. My goal is to get the tree to move like the dinosaur tail in your video tuts. At first I tried with 8 bones, now I have 3 to try and simplify things.
    IKCCD1.png
    Now in the second picture you can see i drag the IKCCD, however only the first bone adapts to the IKCCD's position. (I also tried making the IKCCD a child of the last bone.) I cannot make the "Num Bones" slider do anything except 0 or 1 in either case. 0 and 1 are the only two values available no matter what I seem to try.(I have tinkered with this off and on for a while)
    The same thing happens with the IK-Limb. I cannot get it to affect more than the last bone:( It is not working like in the videos.
    IKCCD2.png

It would be nice if the documentaion had more step-by-step, I do exactly what it says on page 16/30 of https://anima2d.com/documentation/. I am also an original buyer from last September, before it was free, just for statistics sake.

Thank you for any help!

26. jackhearts

jackhearts

funianrun, are the bones parented correctly? Did you right click on the last bone object in the hierarchy to create the next bone or select it and alt+shift+b?
    Reason I say that is the last bone in your pic doesn't look connected to the others even though the objects are nested. I've only been playing around with anima2d over the last few days and found it fairly straight forward but not without some quirks like you're describing. Probably something minor in the process.

27. xpachin

xpachin

it's not a bug, just open gizmos menu inthe scene and under 3d icons there is a slider
    bye!

28. xpachin

xpachin

it's not a bug.. see the replay above

29. Sergi_Valls

Sergi_Valls

Unity Technologies

Bones have a field to specify a child to create chains. From the screens you made I can see you did not set the child reference.

funianrun likes this.
  30. funianrun

funianrun

Okay ! Now i understand. Thank you very much:)

31. jackhearts

jackhearts

Try adding bones along the branches and animating them like you would limbs. Can't see why it wouldn't work.

32. EvOne

EvOne

Hi Sergi! :) Thanks for your wonderful Anima2D! :)

Please tell me what can I do to correct this behavior?
    (shown in the attached animated GIF)

PS Sorry for my bad english, it's not my native language.

Attached Files:

33. funianrun

funianrun

Hi, I am trying to instantiate a prefab with a SMI then assign bones during run time. For example: swapping gear.
    The new bones will show up in the new SMI's inspector, however the item doesnt actually adapt to the new bones. The weird thing is that if I actually drag and drop the bones during runtime it will work. Just not swapping them with code(even though the inspector looks the same).

Heres whats happening:
    Example.png Example2.png

I do

obj = Instantiate(newPrefab, oldItem.transform.position, oldItem.transform.localRotation, oldItem.transform.parent) as GameObject;

SpriteMeshInstance newSMI= obj.GetComponent<SpriteMeshInstance>();

newSMI.bones = oldItem.GetComponent<SpriteMeshInstance>().bones;

I also tried having

public Bone2D bone1;
    public Bone2D bone2;
    in the inspector, then doing:

newSMI.bones = new List<Bone2D>();
    newSMI.bones.Add(bone1);
    newSMI.bones.Add(bone2);

34. Shudupper

Shudupper

Hi!
    How do i move the bones with the mouse? I have a circle around the root of the bone and pressing on it just rotates the bone. Thank you)

Attached Files:

35. El-Psy-Congroo

El-Psy-Congroo

If somebody wanted to carry on the project (the dream!) of FFD on their own, are there any good resources you could point to, to help get them started? And any advice/things to know before such a journey?

36. VirtualMaestro

VirtualMaestro

When I try to open Sprite Mesh Editor I get an error. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Version of Unity 5.5.2f1, OS Winx64. Use standard assets from Anima2d. Anima2d version 1.1.2
    anima2d_sprite_mesh_editor_error.jpg

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  37. zsombor1985

zsombor1985

im sure somebody already asked this but, can you load the exact layer order and pose you made in photoshop for your char?

38. VirtualMaestro

VirtualMaestro

I'm doing nothing special - just try to open standard sprite mesh (from the Anima2d example package) in sprite mesh editor.

39. zsombor1985

zsombor1985

and how can i use shaders? they doesnt do anything but everything should be fine. lamps culling mask are the same, etc...

40. billywang

billywang

Thank's a lot for the TextureOverride script It is helpful ~~ I use it to change My cloth by different type clothes

One more question:
    How can I change the mesh material shader (it shows sprite default) ?? I create other shader, and I want to test new shader can work well on my new cloth. I change the texture2d shader but it doesn't work.

Thank's a lot~~

41. Sergi_Valls

Sergi_Valls

Unity Technologies

To flip SpriteMeshInstances use rotation on the Y axis better.

Can you send me a small project reproducing the problem?

Select the Move tool in Unity.

EditorDefaultResources is a special folder that needs to be at the root.

Just create a material with your new shader and set it to the SpriteMeshInstance.

42. EvOne

EvOne

:( You did not see...
    It's not "flip" problem - It's problem with animation on scaled or rotated (on the Z axis) SpriteMeshes with SkinnedMeshCombiner script...

Attached Files:

43. Sergi_Valls

Sergi_Valls

Unity Technologies

Hi, I can see now in the new gif. Please try this new one and tell me if it works for you. I tried changing position, rotation and scale and it combined successfully.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/68b3fc2giv60gli/SkinnedMeshCombiner.cs?dl=0

44. EvOne

EvOne

Ye-e-es!!! :)
    Everithing is Ok now! :)
    - BIG BIG BIG Thank's, Sergi! :) Anima2D - is The Best!

Anima2D_MeshCombiner_Ok.gif

45. qugon

qugon

Hi Sergi! Been trying out Anima lately. Quick questions
    1) I'm having trouble getting the weights to work properly, an example from this video shows that with auto weights, the character's body deforms smoothly. However, when I import the example, the weights behave differently, they don't respect the influence, and instead are either fully influenced by one bone or the other. Here's a comparison. I'm using Unity 5.5.0f3 - same as the video.

Video:

擷取.PNG 擷取2.PNG

2) With the control object, I can adjust position and rotation. Is there some way to control the scale of bones as well?

3) Lastly, would it be possible to add any function that could support non inherited scaling? For example, scaling the thigh of a character without their feet being scaled as well.

Many thanks!

Edit: I'm also getting these warnings, not sure if it's related?

擷取3.PNG

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  46. Sergi_Valls

Sergi_Valls

Unity Technologies

1) First of all I would like to say that I am not the author of this series of tutorials, even if we have similar names.
    Only with the image provided I cannot make a guess of what is actually going wrong.

2) No, there is no control for scale, sorry.

3) Unity's transforms do not support non inherited scaling/rotation. There is nothing I can do about this in Anima2D.

About the warnings, looks like those files are duplicated in your project.

47. qugon

qugon

Hey Sergi, thanks for the reply!

Sorry I'll clarify (1)
    This video has a download link for the assets it uses. But the weights behavior it shows is different from what I'm getting. So I'm guessing there's a problem on my side. Here is a comparison of what I mean

20170317 anima issue.png

And a screencap of the weights

005.PNG

I also tried this on the sprites in my own project, and it seems the influence of weights don't vary. They are influenced completely either by one bone or the other, based on whether that bone's influence is above 50%

Images for comparison

20170317 anima issue 2.png
    I hope that clarifies!
    Thanks again :)

48. Sergi_Valls

Sergi_Valls

Unity Technologies

Have you checked your Quality Settings?

49. qugon

qugon

Wow. I didn't even know there was such a setting, and after looking it up I think this is what I was looking for!

Thank you so much! :O

Sergi_Valls likes this.
  50. qugon

qugon

Hi again! Sorry just another quick question

Is scaling planned to be added to controls? Or does it go against Bone2D behavior? Would I be able to make a simple scale controller for bones without breaking the way Anima works?

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.