Search Unity

[DEPRECATED] Anima2D - Advanced 2D Skeletal Animation Plugin

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sergi_mandarina, Nov 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Disregard my previous post, setting the rotation to 180 from 0 does it for me :)

2. sergi_mandarina

sergi_mandarina

Hi graybel, I am glad you like Anima2D :)

It is very difficult to calculate IK poses when the bones have non uniform or negative scale. If someone has any solution about this I would like to see it.

My recommendation in this case is to bake the animation into bones and then disable the IKs. That way you can scale your character negatively.

Yes, that does the trick too. The only problem with this solution is if your are using dynamic lights.

Cheers

3. EvOne

EvOne

Hey Sergi!

-Can be possible to test the assets trial version, for example with limited functionality - limited play time for build, a trial asset DLL, or anything else? - I will be very grateful! :)

PS English is not my native language, so - sorry for GoogleTranslate! :)

4. nosajtevol

nosajtevol

Thanks, Sergi. Figured out I just needed to add using Anima2D to the namespaces at the top of my script. Thanks a lot!

5. sergi_mandarina

sergi_mandarina

Sorry, I do not provide trial versions. Having several versions is hard to maintain and I want to spend the time improving the tool.

6. UnityRocksAlt

UnityRocksAlt

Hi seri_mandarina,

Does Anima2D have all the features of Spriter Pro listed here:
    1. Full IK support and IK locking (forward kinematics)
    2. Advanced easing features
    3. Advanced automated control features for animations within animations
    4. Use animations within animations to make complex scenes easily
    5. Advanced automated control features for animations within animations
    6. Trigger and preview sound effects at any point in the timeline (Could be done in Unity Timeline I guess)

Let me know which ones are NOT supported. I was planning to buy Puppet2D but this one looks intuitive. I already have Spriter Pro but it does not weighs and free form deformation. Does Anima2D have free-form deformation. Free Form Deformation if absent is not a problem, but I was impressed by Unite Europe Puppet2D as he only laid focus on the plugin. It was strict and well done.

7. sergi_mandarina

sergi_mandarina

Hi NikhilUnity, I will try to answer your question:

1. Anima2D supports IK. No idea what "full support" is in Spriter's context. No idea what IK locking means in Spriter's context. Forward Kinematics is just rotating the bones yourself so it is supported by Unity out of the box (even without Anima2D).
    2. As advanced as Unity's Animation Window is (you can edit tangents of all your keyframes).
    3. Animations within animations are not supported in Unity. The most similar thing would be the new upcoming Director (sequence editor).
    4. Idem
    5. Same as 3
    6. Set animation events in your animation using the Animation Window.

I hope it helps!

Cheers

8. zsolt67

zsolt67

I cant find anything about onion skin in the user manual only in feature list. How does it work in Anima?
    Do you plan a sale , little bit too much compare to other extension especially to Puppet2D I just would like to try first.

9. UnityRocksAlt

UnityRocksAlt

I think a sale will be good to be honest, because some important animation assets are on summer sale like Cinema Director - Sequencer & Editor is 50% off. Your Anima2D does support IK locking I guess, something like this (I have already chosen the time for it):

Anima2D also supports free-form deformation right?

And thanks for your clarification.

10. sergi_mandarina

sergi_mandarina

Please, check this link instead, page 29: http://anima2d.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/UserGuide.pdf
    We publishers cannot decide when to get included in AssetStore sales. You should ask AssetStore guys better.
    Anima2D is actually cheap. If it is out of your budget you can go and try other solutions or wait for sales.

Same as before, if you want it on sales you need to ask AssetStore managers.
    As seen in the video, yes, Anima2D supports IK locking.
    Free-form deformation is on the way. I solved all the pain points but I still cannot tell when it will be ready.

Cheers

11. Rothana

Rothana

I just updated to Unity5.4.0f3 and when i tried to use Skinned Mesh Combiner script on a character, unity threw some errors and character's meshes were not rendered. Screenshot (14).png

Here are the errors:

Mesh.uv is out of bounds. The supplied array needs to be the same size as the Mesh.vertices array.
    UnityEngine.Mesh:set_uv(Vector2[])
    SkinnedMeshCombiner:Start() (at Assets/Anima2D/Examples/Scripts/SkinnedMeshCombiner.cs:97)

Mesh.boneWeights is out of bounds. The supplied array needs to be the same size as the Mesh.vertices array.
    UnityEngine.Mesh:set_boneWeights(BoneWeight[])
    SkinnedMeshCombiner:Start() (at Assets/Anima2D/Examples/Scripts/SkinnedMeshCombiner.cs:117)

Geometry jobs should not be launched for empty tasks

size != 0

12. zsolt67

zsolt67

How can add two character to the animation? for example a fox chasing a butterfly

13. sergi_mandarina

sergi_mandarina

Hi, I will send you a fix. I fixed it yesterday. It is caused by the previous hotfix I sent you.

One possibility would be to create a common parent transform and place the Animator there. Then you can create an animation that animates both.

14. sergi_mandarina

sergi_mandarina

Hi everyone,

Unity 5.4 introduced changes in how Unity manages rotations internally. The rotation tool calls a private method on the transform setting some local euler hints (SetLocalEulerHint) that allows the rotation have angles higher than 360. To access those angles there is another private method (GetLocalEulerAngles). The regular transform.localEulerAngles won't give you the same angles.

That means nobody using the Unity API can rotate an object in the Editor the same way as Unity does without few hacks. I recently implemented those hacks in Anima2D.

There is another problem: While creating an animation using the Animation Window, the rotation stored in the keyframe is not the one displayed in the inspector. That causes problems while creating animations and during the baking process. I created a solution that constantly listens to any keyframe change and sets the correct rotation on it. That should fix any rotation stored in any animation.

Contact me if you need those fixes right now.

Cheers

15. zsolt67

zsolt67

I have checked and my unity cant find an update. Mine is 5.3.5 . Are you talking about 5.4 beta?

Can I put sprite, bones, controls on diferent layers sor I can lock them independently?
    Can It cause problem if I mix mesh animation with sprite animation?
    Would be very good if the the new bone inherit the lenght of the parent bone also the controls can inherit the names of the bones

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  16. sergi_mandarina

sergi_mandarina

Current non-beta Unity version is 5.4.0f3. Get it on the web page!

Yes, you can set different layers and hide/lock bones. Just tell me if there is something particular you can't do.
    You can mix mesh animation with sprite animation.
    Thanks for your suggestions, I will take a look at it.

17. zsolt67

zsolt67

thank you. Also the bone could inherit the parent bone name too. these will save a lot of typing time, also colors can do the same
    Do you plan to add something like keyframe srink and strech?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  18. zsolt67

zsolt67

Is there an advantage to use spritemesh everywhere like the unitychan character in the examples, even if a bone enough to animate the sprite? I can see only the simple hierarchy

Why Iks not visible on that character and all IK grey in hierarchy?

Add hole doesnt work. If I double click on the mesh the mesh lines disapears only the points visible

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  19. sergi_mandarina

sergi_mandarina

I will consider that, thanks.
    What do you mean by keyframe srink and strech?

You need sprite mesh if you want to combine the meshes.

Could you send me a screenshot of your IK problem?

To add a hole, create a region first using vertices and edges and place a hole inside to remove the inner triangles.

20. zsolt67

zsolt67

I am new in animation so sorry if this is not a good idea but I feel can be a solution for this situation. For example I animate a walk cycle and move my character from A to B then I realyze the walk cycle out of sync, could be slow then the feets sliping or quick then scratching, so instead of correct every keyfram manualy one by one would be good if I select all walk animation and shrink or strech them to sync the cycle time and lenght of the walk

My mesh/sprite question regards your your example unitychan character. You used mesh on every part even for the legs where you could keep just simple sprite+bone. So looks to me quicker job to use only sprite+bone if I dont want deform the sprite and use mesh+bone if I would like to deform the sprite in the animation

screen shot attached. ik-s not visible and grey in the hierarcy and I could find out why
    control.JPG

21. mrleon

mrleon

Hi, just wondering if you've looked into the request to replace Sprites in existing SpriteMeshes and whether or not it will be possible:

Thanks

22. sergi_mandarina

sergi_mandarina

You should play with the frame rate of the animation or with the speed parameter of a animator controller state.

Legs in Unitychan demo have deformation... But you can use sprites anytime of course.

The IK objects are not active in the hierarchy, maybe the parent object is disabled too.

I need some time more :( Thanks for your patience

23. NavarroFamily

NavarroFamily

Hello, I was wondering if this is or would be possible some way:

I have lots of animations already made using "Spine", But I most definitely want to switch over to using Anima 2D, Is there any way to Import my animation data from spine and get it working with an Anima 2D skeleton, or do I just have to start animating from scratch again?

Thanks

24. zsolt67

zsolt67

All of those only speed up or slow down the whole animation.
    If you have time please consider to add this to anima2d. would be a big help and essential feature , relatively small effort. Other names of the feature in other animation programs keyframe scalling or timeline strech/shrink

Couple of other idea:
    - scale and hide the ik's and control gizmos
    - the pose manager can save the character position too

I cant see the control's gizmos at the moment, those squares are visible in your video.

Is there any manual about the spring bones?

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
  25. sergi_mandarina

sergi_mandarina

Hi, I am maybe wrong but I think there is a Spine importer that will create Unity animation files. Importing Spine files to Anima2D would be technically possible. I will think about it.

Thanks for your ideas. I still have lots to do before but at some point I will do something about that.
    Make sure the Move tool is selected to see the square gizmos.
    Spring bone is not a feature of Anima2D. I included it just as an example of procedural animation. You should find out how it works by looking at the example. At the end is just an extra component in bones and a manager in the root.

26. Amonsat

Amonsat

Hi! I need to change color of sprite programatically. But SpriteMeshInstance.color - read only. How can I do this ?

27. sergi_mandarina

sergi_mandarina

Somehow I forgot to add the setter. Thanks for the report.

Until I release the updated version, you can add the setter by editing the SpriteMeshInstance.cs file and change the color property:

Code (CSharp):
    2. public Color color {
    3.     get {
    4.         return m_Color;
    5.     }
    6.     set {
    7.         m_Color = value;
    8.     }
    9. }

Amonsat likes this.
  28. Amonsat

Amonsat

Thanks. All work!

29. mrdares

mrdares

Hello,
    Anima is a great asset !

Have a question, is there a way to have both Franky's hands on top of his body ?
    He is not made of parts, just a single sprite...
    fr_hands.png

30. funianrun

funianrun

Hello ! I was wondering how do people reskin a set of bones. Or reuse a set of bones quickly? For example I have 20 heads, 20 hairs, 20 bodies- all of which should use same animation, how can i mix and match them dynamically in code and without remaking the bones/animations everytime?

31. mrdares

mrdares

Copy paste the bones, set them as child of the new sprite. On the new sprite set a "Sprite Mesh Instance" script and set bones with the freshly created set of bones. Dont forget to bind the bones in the sprite mesh editor...

32. sergi_mandarina

sergi_mandarina

Thanks!
    Yes, you need to select the SpriteMesh in the SpriteMeshEditor, select the bones in the arms and increase the Z-Order. Apply changes when you are done.

33. mrdares

mrdares

It worked !
    Thanks a lot !

34. Kale

Kale

When you add in vertex point movement, will it have soft select?

35. sergi_mandarina

sergi_mandarina

Hi, can you specify what soft select is? Thanks

36. Kale

Kale

When you select one vertex, the surrounding vertex are also selected and moved with the selected vertex, but they move at a lesser rate, like say you choose the vertex on the nose. The vertex of the eyes are also selected, but the ears are too far away and are not selected.

\\when the nose is moved down an inch, the eyes move down by half an inch, if other vertexes are in the area they are also moved corresponding to how close or far away they are from the selected vertex.

I'm horrible at explanations, so i hope that makes sense. If not, I might be able to put together an gif of some sort to illustrate the idea.

37. sergi_mandarina

sergi_mandarina

I kind of understand. Do you know any video on youtube of a tool doing that so I can get the full concept?
    The answer to your question is: maybe, but not in the roadmap of the first release.

38. benderete

benderete

I think that Kale is referring to something like Maya soft selection:

Kale and sergi_mandarina like this.
  39. Kale

Kale

Yes, that's exactly it.

40. funianrun

funianrun

mrdares sergi_mandarina so there is no way to automatically do it in code ? like if i have 1000 hairs, they all use the same animation and the same bones. Ill still have to go through and set the bones for every single one ? I just want to reskin the same bones and randomly generate charcaters you know ? Is that a common thing to do

41. kostet1977

kostet1977

Hey guys,
    just bought the tool, and trying to follow the tutorial, but still cant bind my sprite to bones.
    When I create the mesh from sprite it is not appeared as prefab with the bunch of stuff inside (as in tutorial), but as a single object upload_2016-9-7_13-50-23.png
    with almost nothing active in the inspector upload_2016-9-7_13-51-27.png
    When I`m trying to actually bind bones to this object the warning message pops
    upload_2016-9-7_13-42-34.png
    What have I done wrong?

42. sergi_mandarina

sergi_mandarina

Hi, the video is a bit outdated. Did you check de user guide?
    Just drag this object you created into the scene to create a SpriteMesh Instance.
    Add some bones to it.
    Select your SpriteMesh Instance while SpriteMesh Editor Window is open.
    Bind and apply changes.

43. sergi_mandarina

sergi_mandarina

Do the 1000 hairs use the same geometry?

I am thinking on different ways to be able to automate this. It is not as simple as it seams.

44. wellblack

wellblack

I am new to Anima...I added a character by creating sprint meshes and adding the body parts to the scene. I saved my project but when I reopen, I do not see my sprint meshes or my character at all. Is there something I am missing? Can anyone tell me how to retrieve my work?

45. sergi_mandarina

sergi_mandarina

Which version of Unity? Is there any error in the console? Are the Sprite Meshes in the project view? Did you save the project only, the scene only or both?

46. Ben-BearFish

Ben-BearFish

@sergi_mandarina I know this feature request might be a massive undertaking, but do you think it would be possible to implement a Spine importer for Anima2D. That would save a great amount of effort in converting already complete animations over to the system and make the tool invaluable in the Unity pipeline.

47. benderete

benderete

Hi @sergi_mandarina ,

Anima2D have any option to generate a baked animation version to png?
    You know, create an animation with Anima2D and export it in png files of each frame.

Spanish:
    Por si no me he explicado bien en ingles ;)
    Crear una animació con Anima2D con bones y deformaciones de malla pero exportarla como una secuencia de frames en ficheros png (por ejemplo). Con la idea de poder utilizar el resultado de Anima2D en otros programas / entornos además de Unity, aunque fuera así, con imágenes pre-generadas.

anilo likes this.
  48. sergi_mandarina

sergi_mandarina

What would you like to do? Import from Spine to Anima2D in order to continue your content authoring in Anima2D and stop using Spine?

Anima2D does not support that yet. Maybe in the future.

49. funianrun

funianrun

@sergi_mandarina Hello,
    I was just wondering if there is a way to change the color of a SpriteMeshInstance in code ? When i try to do it now it says i cant because .color is read only.

for example my character is a white sprite. Id like to be able to assign any color in code, so i dont need many sprites just to change a color.

50. benderete

benderete

Thanks for the answer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.