Search Unity

[DEPRECATED] Anima2D - Advanced 2D Skeletal Animation Plugin

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sergi_mandarina, Nov 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sergi_Valls

Sergi_Valls

Unity Technologies

Please check Examples/Scripts/CharacterMotion.cs

2. happysunshineandthepoweroffriendship

happysunshineandthepoweroffriendship

Hello. Using Unity 2019.2.0.a9 I get this error every frame on Editor mode

Code (CSharp):
    1. AmbiguousMatchException: Ambiguous match found.
    2. System.RuntimeType.GetMethodImpl (System.String name, System.Reflection.BindingFlags bindingAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Reflection.CallingConventions callConv, System.Type[] types, System.Reflection.ParameterModifier[] modifiers) (at <23c160f925be47d7a4fd083a3a62c920>:0)
    3. System.Type.GetMethod (System.String name, System.Reflection.BindingFlags bindingAttr) (at <23c160f925be47d7a4fd083a3a62c920>:0)
    4. Anima2D.AnimationWindowImpl_51_52_53.InitializeReflection () (at Assets/Anima2D/Scripts/Editor/AnimationWindowExtra/AnimationWindowImpl_51_52_53.cs:60)
    5. Anima2D.AnimationWindowImpl_54.InitializeReflection () (at Assets/Anima2D/Scripts/Editor/AnimationWindowExtra/AnimationWindowImpl_54.cs:15)
    6. Anima2D.AnimationWindowImpl_55.InitializeReflection () (at Assets/Anima2D/Scripts/Editor/AnimationWindowExtra/AnimationWindowImpl_55.cs:18)
    7. Anima2D.AnimationWindowImpl_56.InitializeReflection () (at Assets/Anima2D/Scripts/Editor/AnimationWindowExtra/AnimationWindowImpl_56.cs:18)
    8. Anima2D.AnimationWindowImpl_2017_1.InitializeReflection () (at Assets/Anima2D/Scripts/Editor/AnimationWindowExtra/AnimationWindowImpl_2017_1.cs:17)
    9. Anima2D.AnimationWindowExtra..cctor () (at Assets/Anima2D/Scripts/Editor/AnimationWindowExtra/AnimationWindowExtra.cs:29)
    10. Rethrow as TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Anima2D.AnimationWindowExtra' threw an exception.
    11. Anima2D.EditorUpdater.AnimationWindowTimeCheck () (at Assets/Anima2D/Scripts/Editor/EditorUpdater.cs:134)
    12. Anima2D.EditorUpdater.Update () (at Assets/Anima2D/Scripts/Editor/EditorUpdater.cs:211)
    13. Anima2D.EditorCallbacks+<>c.<.cctor>b__8_0 () (at Assets/Anima2D/Scripts/Editor/EditorUpdater.cs:25)
    14. UnityEditor.EditorApplication.Internal_CallUpdateFunctions () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorApplication.cs:294)
    Also, after importing it to my project, the Bone2D sprites disappear (it works fine if I import the package to a empty project). How can I fix this? 1.png

Thanks in advance

3. Sergi_Valls

Sergi_Valls

Unity Technologies

Hi, thanks for reporting. I'll add compatibility with 2019.2 soon.

4. happysunshineandthepoweroffriendship

And about the missing bone sprites? Any idea what may cause this? It works fine on the example scenes, the issues only appear when I import them to my project

5. Sergi_Valls

Sergi_Valls

Unity Technologies

Feel free to report a bug so I can take a look at your setup. Cheers

6. Demyanovskyy

Demyanovskyy

Hello,
    How to mix animation of walking and throwing grenades (for example). Perhaps you need to use an avatar mask for this ?.

7. Shronky

Shronky

Hi, I'm using Unity 2019.1.0f2 and having issues with prefabs that use Anima2D

I have a similar problem to Spawl and Codegasm, which has Unity going into a loop of reloading when editing a prefab that uses Anima2D.

I tried your suggestions on those posts, (a clean install of Anima2D) but the problem persists.

Do you have any suggestions?

I've recently updated the project from Unity 2018.2.5f1.
    I've also deleted the Editor Default Resources directory and the Gizmos/SpriteMesh icon mentioned on the asset store.

8. Sergi_Valls

Sergi_Valls

Unity Technologies

Yes, use several animator layers with different avatar masks.

Please check if your project contains a file called SpriteMeshInstancePostProcessor. If that's the case, you are not using the latest version. You need to login assetstore within unity, go to your packages, update Anima2D and import.

9. Shronky

Shronky

Hi Sergi,

Thanks for the quick response! I updated and reimported and it has fixed the issue. Although I still have a SpriteMeshPostprocessor.cs under the Anima2D\Scripts\Editor directory. Is this file the updated version?

Thanks again! You've no idea just how much you've saved me.

10. zhevas42

zhevas42

Hi, is there a way to import spine animations/characters into anima?
    Thanks!

11. Sergi_Valls

Sergi_Valls

Unity Technologies

SpriteMeshPostprocessor is fine

No, we don't import Spine animations

12. Chuckalicious

Chuckalicious

Any update on this? I'm using 2019.2.0b1 an get the error:
    AmbiguousMatchException: Ambiguous match found.
    System.RuntimeType.GetMethodImpl (System.String name, System.Reflection.BindingFlags bindingAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Reflection.CallingConventions callConv, System.Type[] types, System.Reflection.ParameterModifier[] modifiers) (at <23c160f925be47d7a4fd083a3a62c920>:0)
    System.Type.GetMethod (System.String name, System.Reflection.BindingFlags bindingAttr) (at <23c160f925be47d7a4fd083a3a62c920>:0)
    Anima2D.AnimationWindowImpl_51_52_53.InitializeReflection () (at Assets/Anima2D/Scripts/Editor/AnimationWindowExtra/AnimationWindowImpl_51_52_53.cs:60)
    Anima2D.AnimationWindowImpl_54.InitializeReflection () (at Assets/Anima2D/Scripts/Editor/AnimationWindowExtra/AnimationWindowImpl_54.cs:15)
    Anima2D.AnimationWindowImpl_55.InitializeReflection () (at Assets/Anima2D/Scripts/Editor/AnimationWindowExtra/AnimationWindowImpl_55.cs:18)
    Anima2D.AnimationWindowImpl_56.InitializeReflection () (at Assets/Anima2D/Scripts/Editor/AnimationWindowExtra/AnimationWindowImpl_56.cs:18)
    Anima2D.AnimationWindowImpl_2017_1.InitializeReflection () (at Assets/Anima2D/Scripts/Editor/AnimationWindowExtra/AnimationWindowImpl_2017_1.cs:17)
    Anima2D.AnimationWindowExtra..cctor () (at Assets/Anima2D/Scripts/Editor/AnimationWindowExtra/AnimationWindowExtra.cs:29)
    Rethrow as TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Anima2D.AnimationWindowExtra' threw an exception.
    Anima2D.EditorUpdater.AnimationWindowTimeCheck () (at Assets/Anima2D/Scripts/Editor/EditorUpdater.cs:134)
    Anima2D.EditorUpdater.Update () (at Assets/Anima2D/Scripts/Editor/EditorUpdater.cs:211)
    Anima2D.EditorCallbacks+<>c.<.cctor>b__8_0 () (at Assets/Anima2D/Scripts/Editor/EditorUpdater.cs:25)
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication.Internal_CallUpdateFunctions () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorApplication.cs:303)

13. Sergi_Valls

Sergi_Valls

Unity Technologies

I just pushed a new update to the AssetStore. It should be available soon.
    Cheers

14. happysunshineandthepoweroffriendship

My bugs have been fixed with this new version, thanks

Sergi_Valls likes this.
  15. makaka-org

makaka-org

16. Sergi_Valls

Sergi_Valls

Unity Technologies

2D Animation package. Anima2D is being maintained in order to keep compatibility with existing projects. 2D animation samples are samples for the 2D animation package.

17. pauliinanen

pauliinanen

Hi, Im trying to make skeleton in anima2d. First bone works well but when i attach a child to it, the child gets skewd when i try to rotate it. It goes what seems to be rotating in a 3d way, like in these photos. Actually all the child bones do the that , only the first bone seems to rotate normally. Is there a box that i forgot to tick or whats going on? This has not happened to me with unity 2018 version, but in 2019 version this happens (not sure if that is the reason though.)

E9FEB1B9-0A41-4874-95E1-40BEF04C999B.jpeg 80C09042-71A1-48FF-A098-FC2EE5B8846F.jpeg

18. Sergi_Valls

Sergi_Valls

Unity Technologies

Hi, make sure your transforms are not scaled. Cheers

19. SmartMediaNL

SmartMediaNL

@Sergi_Valls

I want to start to create 2D animations in 2019.3 when it is in release or imported pre-created Anima2d animations. Should I use Anima2D or wait for 2D Animation to get more developed ?
    As i understand 2D Animation does not (yet?) support sprite swapping witch is needed in my case.

I ask this as I can't find a roadmap for 2D Animation and i am wondering if Anima2D Will be supported in 2019.3 as i understand Anima2D is only updated to not break existing projects.
    So i am wondering to do my animations (Anima2D) now in a earlier version (2017.4) and later add to 2019.3 or wait for 2019 (and learn & use 2D Animation with (hopefully working sprite swapping when 2019.3 comes out)

20. SMG_beefkake

SMG_beefkake

Hi Sergi,

We are having an issue with Anima2D causing hefty lag spikes when running our game in-editor.

- It happens on every Unity event. EditorApplication.hierarchyChanged.
    - EditorUpdater.cs dispatches this event to the Anima2d editor scripts.
    - This event used in total 3 different places. (EditorEventHandler.cs, Gizmos.cs, EditorUpdater.cs)
    - And all three diff places come to one function which is EditorExtra.FindComponentsOfType
    - In this function, Anima2d tried to get GameObject.FindObjectsOfType<T> for all objects in the scene.
    - It runs over 1000 objects x 6 times.

To confirm the fix, you can simply add one line of the code in EditorExtra.cs class line 130.
    return new T[] { };

This will remove all spikes.

Is it possible for this to be patched?

Thanks a lot!

21. alarioza

alarioza

We're experiencing a weird visual bug; WebGL builds aren't correctly grabbing the sprites used in sprite meshes that are packed into Sprite Atlases. I was able to reproduce the issue with the example Trex and UnityChan scenes, but not the Robot scene because its not packed into an Atlas:
    Screenshot_190.png Screenshot_189.png

This issue also only seems to occur when sent through our Jenkins pipeline which builds the project on a Mac via command line. I glanced through previous posts in this thread and it seems another user had the same problem and was able to resolve it by clearing their Cache Server and Library folder. However we are not using the cache server and clearing the library folder did not resolve the issue.

Any ideas?

Edit: This also occurs on Android and iOS.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  22. Sergi_Valls

Sergi_Valls

Unity Technologies

Sprite swapping support for 2019.2 is already released in 2D Animation package. Please try it out!

Hi, this is a known issue. I'll try to come out with a solution. As a workaround, you can try with "if (Application.isPlaying) return new T[];"

Hi, please check this post and see if it helps. Cheers
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/rel...l-animation-plugin.369291/page-9#post-3280315

SmartMediaNL likes this.
  23. SmartMediaNL

SmartMediaNL

24. alarioza

alarioza

25. Yulian-Titov148

Yulian-Titov148

Hi,
    Could you please share your future plans on Anima 2D development? Which 2D animation tool will be better to use in the new long term project (1 year of development)?
    Thank you very much for your answer!
    With best regards,
    Yulian

26. unity_KFTlxZlNvuQ-3A

unity_KFTlxZlNvuQ-3A

Is there a way to change the ik target position in script?

27. Yulian-Titov148

Yulian-Titov148

Dear Developers,

Could you please help us to fix the problem with Anima 2D animation.
    On some Android devices, we have the following issue (in attachments).
    So, animated character is completely disrupted.

Is there any options for us how we can fix it?

With best regards,
    Yulian

Attached Files:

28. Yulian-Titov148

Yulian-Titov148

Hi Again, we fixed this issue by simply choosing OpenGL 2.0 as the default rendering API for Android. Probably, some Android devices do not fully support OpenGL 3.0 features.

29. tosiabunio

tosiabunio

Well, the file EditorUpdate.cs contains the following line:

EditorApplication.hierarchyWindowItemOnGUI = (i, r) => { hierarchyWindowItemOnGUI(i, r); };

which should rather be:

EditorApplication.hierarchyWindowItemOnGUI += (i, r) => { hierarchyWindowItemOnGUI(i, r); };

as it conflicts with other extensions relying on this callback. Could we get this fixed in subsequent releases?

Sergi_Valls likes this.
  30. Shayan

Shayan

Hello!

Anima2D 1.1.8 can't get
    CreateDefaultCurves
    method in Unity3D 2019.2.0f:

AmbiguousMatchException: Ambiguous match found. System.RuntimeType.GetMethodImpl (System.String name, System.Reflection.BindingFlags bindingAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Reflection.CallingConventions callConv, System.Type[] types, System.Reflection.ParameterModifier[] modifiers) (at <a8ed250850854b439cedc18931a314fe>:0) System.Type.GetMethod (System.String name, System.Reflection.BindingFlags bindingAttr) (at <a8ed250850854b439cedc18931a314fe>:0) Anima2D.AnimationWindowImpl_51_52_53.InitializeReflection () (at Assets/Anima2D/Scripts/Editor/AnimationWindowExtra/AnimationWindowImpl_51_52_53.cs:60) Anima2D.AnimationWindowImpl_54.InitializeReflection () (at Assets/Anima2D/Scripts/Editor/AnimationWindowExtra/AnimationWindowImpl_54.cs:15) Anima2D.AnimationWindowImpl_55.InitializeReflection () (at Assets/Anima2D/Scripts/Editor/AnimationWindowExtra/AnimationWindowImpl_55.cs:18) Anima2D.AnimationWindowImpl_56.InitializeReflection () (at Assets/Anima2D/Scripts/Editor/AnimationWindowExtra/AnimationWindowImpl_56.cs:18) Anima2D.AnimationWindowImpl_2017_1.InitializeReflection () (at Assets/Anima2D/Scripts/Editor/AnimationWindowExtra/AnimationWindowImpl_2017_1.cs:17) Anima2D.AnimationWindowExtra..cctor () (at Assets/Anima2D/Scripts/Editor/AnimationWindowExtra/AnimationWindowExtra.cs:29) Rethrow as TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Anima2D.AnimationWindowExtra' threw an exception. Anima2D.EditorUpdater.AnimationWindowTimeCheck () (at Assets/Anima2D/Scripts/Editor/EditorUpdater.cs:134) Anima2D.EditorUpdater.Update () (at Assets/Anima2D/Scripts/Editor/EditorUpdater.cs:211) Anima2D.EditorCallbacks+<>c.<.cctor>b__8_0 () (at Assets/Anima2D/Scripts/Editor/EditorUpdater.cs:25) UnityEditor.EditorApplication.Internal_CallUpdateFunctions () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorApplication.cs:303)

I have checked in VS debagger and seems the instance has
    CreateDefaultCurves
    , so I can't get what's wrong and how to fix it.

31. Sergi_Valls

Sergi_Valls

Unity Technologies

Will fix, good catch! Thanks

Hi, you are not at the latest version. Make sure you update through the AssetStore window within the Editor. Delete Anima2D folder before installing the updated package.

tosiabunio likes this.
  32. tonyhan

tonyhan

I upgraded my unity project from 2019.1.14 to 2019.2.1, and got this error:
    AmbiguousMatchException: Ambiguous match found.
    System.RuntimeType.GetMethodImpl .............

Then I upgraded Anima2D to the latest version, this bug was fixed. But I got 2 errors:
    1:
    Invalid vertex array. Some vertices are outside of the Sprite rectangle: (163.839996, 198.706146).
    UnityEngine.Sprite:OverrideGeometry(Vector2[], UInt16[])
    Anima2D.SpriteMeshPostprocessor:DoSpriteOverride(SpriteMesh, Sprite) (at Assets/Anima2D/Scripts/Editor/SpriteMeshPostprocessor.cs:366)
    Anima2D.SpriteMeshPostprocessor:OnPostprocessSprites(Texture2D, Sprite[]) (at Assets/Anima2D/Scripts/Editor/SpriteMeshPostprocessor.cs:321)
    UnityEditor.AssetDatabase:StopAssetEditing()
    Anima2D.SpriteMeshPostprocessor:Initialize() (at Assets/Anima2D/Scripts/Editor/SpriteMeshPostprocessor.cs:86)
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallDelayFunctions()

2:
    Broken text PPtr in file(Assets/xxxxx_25.asset). Local file identifier (21723835908321550) doesn't exist!
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallGlobalEventHandler()

And if I open the sprite mesh editor, I got this error

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Anima2D.TextureEditorWindow+Styles.get_showBonesImage () (at Assets/Anima2D/Scripts/Editor/TextureEditorWindow.cs:46)
    Anima2D.TextureEditorWindow+Styles..ctor () (at Assets/Anima2D/Scripts/Editor/TextureEditorWindow.cs:75)
    Anima2D.TextureEditorWindow.InitStyles () (at Assets/Anima2D/Scripts/Editor/TextureEditorWindow.cs:154)
    Anima2D.TextureEditorWindow.OnGUI () (at Assets/Anima2D/Scripts/Editor/TextureEditorWindow.cs:391)
    Anima2D.SpriteMeshEditorWindow.OnGUI () (at Assets/Anima2D/Scripts/Editor/SpriteMeshEditorWindow.cs:191)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIR.RenderChain.Render (UnityEngine.Rect topRect, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 projection) (at /Users/unity/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/Renderer/UIRChainBuilder.cs:238)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIRRepaintUpdater.DrawChain (UnityEngine.Rect topRect, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 projection) (at /Users/unity/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/Renderer/UIRRepaintUpdater.cs:66)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIRRepaintUpdater.Update () (at /Users/unity/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/Renderer/UIRRepaintUpdater.cs:54)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.VisualTreeUpdater.UpdateVisualTree () (at /Users/unity/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/VisualTreeUpdater.cs:72)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.Panel.Repaint (UnityEngine.Event e) (at /Users/unity/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/Panel.cs:637)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.DoDispatch (UnityEngine.UIElements.BaseVisualElementPanel panel) (at /Users/unity/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/UIElementsUtility.cs:240)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at /Users/unity/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/UIElementsUtility.cs:78)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at /Users/unity/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:179)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Anima2D.TextureEditorWindow+Styles.get_showBonesImage () (at Assets/Anima2D/Scripts/Editor/TextureEditorWindow.cs:46)
    Anima2D.TextureEditorWindow+Styles..ctor () (at Assets/Anima2D/Scripts/Editor/TextureEditorWindow.cs:75)
    Anima2D.TextureEditorWindow.InitStyles () (at Assets/Anima2D/Scripts/Editor/TextureEditorWindow.cs:154)
    Anima2D.TextureEditorWindow.OnGUI () (at Assets/Anima2D/Scripts/Editor/TextureEditorWindow.cs:391)
    Anima2D.SpriteMeshEditorWindow.OnGUI () (at Assets/Anima2D/Scripts/Editor/SpriteMeshEditorWindow.cs:191)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at /Users/unity/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:359)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at /Users/unity/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:353)
    UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect onGUIPosition, UnityEngine.Rect viewRect) (at /Users/unity/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:329)
    UnityEditor.DockArea.DrawView (UnityEngine.Rect viewRect, UnityEngine.Rect dockAreaRect, System.Boolean floatingWindow, System.Boolean isBottomTab) (at /Users/unity/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:374)
    UnityEditor.DockArea.OldOnGUI () (at /Users/unity/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:341)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoOnGUI (UnityEngine.Event evt, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 parentTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Boolean isComputingLayout, UnityEngine.Rect layoutSize) (at /Users/unity/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:281)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  33. Sergi_Valls

Sergi_Valls

Unity Technologies

Hi, please PM me with your project or a subset of it so I can help you better. Thanks.

34. tonyhan

tonyhan

Thanks! But I have fixed it.

In old versions of Anima2D, some icons are placed in Assets/Editor Default Resources, But in the latest version , these icons are placed in Assets/Anima2D/Scripts/Editor/Resources, If I simply import the new package of Anima2D, these icons will stay in the old position ,and can not be found by the new scripts, so I can not open the sprite editor.

Sergi_Valls likes this.
  35. Greefter

Greefter

Hi, everybody.
    I apologize in advance for my English.
    Can anyone suggest how to implement Locomotion system in Unity with ANIMA2D. The problem is that nowhere in the Internet I could not found API for ANIMA2D.Problems with creating bones, IK and animations I have not, but I can't control them with a script.

36. neoneper

neoneper

BUG: Issues with project changes in Unity 2019:
    Every time I make changes on my scripts/project settings and when I hit play to view the project on game mode, every sprite used by ANIMA is reimported.

In my current project I have many sprite packages that use ANIMA, so spriteMeshes were generated. This is really problematic because with a simple modification I make to my scripts, I have to wait almost 2 minutes to reimport everything and then I have to wait 2 more minutes just because I hit PLAY.

Is there anythink can do to fix this issue?:confused:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  37. imHrvaT

imHrvaT

Hey everbody,
    i have a question. Is it possible to make a Foot IK with Anima2D? I use IK's in runtime and with Animation combined, everything works perfectly fine. The last thing is the Foot IK but i struggle really hard on it.

Does anyone have a tip or even the solution?
    Thanks in advance :)

38. Sergi_Valls

Sergi_Valls

Unity Technologies

Hi, can you send me a private message with your project? Thanks

39. neoneper

neoneper

I was doind test project to send to you, when i found the source of the problem, although i still don't understand it exactly.

This problem only occurs in projects that are using GIT whit LFS.
    I'm not sure if it just happens with the active LFS setting, this is because in my GIT project I use this setting to manage my image files.

40. Nivbot

Nivbot

Thank you for this info. I was having the same issue. This is Bush League. You don't change something like that when people have year long projects going. Glad I saw your comment.

41. Caffeen

Caffeen

Hi Sergi, I'm running into a couple of issues with Anima2D and the 2D Renderer. First off, adding a normal map to a Sprite's secondary texture has no effect for Anima2D Sprite Meshes.

Assuming that's just a limitation, I created a material with the Sprites-Lit-Default shader, assigned my normal map to that, and assigned that to my Sprite Mesh instances. Now it reacts to 2D lights, however it appears that the lighting is mirrored.

Flipping it on the X axis also does not mirror the lighting as it functions on normal sprites.

Am I setting something up wrong, or do I need to do something besides just flip on X, or if it's an issue, is there a workaround?

Thanks for your time!

42. Ranzear

Ranzear

I've been digging into this for a few weeks now and finally tracked it down to Anima2D itself. It only sets _MainTex in the material properties block for the skinned mesh renderer and needs to be updated to support secondary maps from sprites.

It should be trivial to pass secondary textures into the material properties of the skinned mesh renderer, but I can't find any reference on how to access secondary textures in the Sprite class. Passing all secondary maps would be most helpful because of variation in _NormalMap versus _BumpMap naming between all the new render pipelines.

43. unity_MBVHvEMDJyG9OQ

unity_MBVHvEMDJyG9OQ

Hello Sergi!

I've loved your asset for years now! I have a little problem, and it seems to be related to Sprite meshes and how they render (but I'm not entirely sure).

I'm using your lovely asset to animate a character in game. It's a Unity 2.5 game (I use sprites to populate the world, but everything is set out in a 3D-space). For some reason regular 2D sprites render fine in the 3D world (If they're behind another sprite in the 3D-world they become covered by it), but the character I animated with Anima2D doesn't display this behaviour, and just renders in front of all other 2D sprites. I wish the Anima2D sprite to render naturally in 3D-space (if it's behind something it becomes covered by it). You can see my issue in the video below. The head above is a regular sprite with the default Sprite Shader (nothing has been done to it related to Anima2D), and the fox underneath is an Anima2D animation:

Do you know if there's something in the Anima2D code that could be causing this? And if so do you have a suggesstion for how I can solve it? Thank you so very much in advance! :)

Best regards

44. unity_MBVHvEMDJyG9OQ

unity_MBVHvEMDJyG9OQ

I figured it out and it hadn't anything to do with Anima2D (to those who might've run into the same problem)!
    I had put my Anima2D animation on one sorting layer, and my building on a sorting-layer with a render-order behind my animation's. I thought that the material Sprite-default wouldn't care about sorting layer in the 3D-world, but it does. So just fixing it so they have the same sorting-layer solved it!

Thanks anyhow :) your asset is my favorite!

45. LilGames

LilGames

@Sergi_Valls : Love Anima2d! And until the new 2D animation system comes out of preview, I am sticking with Anima. Could you take a quick look here and let me know why my ENTIRE sprite atlas is getting mapped to each single sprite mesh? https://forum.unity.com/threads/strange-sprite-atlas-mapping-all-into-one-sprite.766964/

*update: Unity's Cloud Build causes a bug with sprite atlases mapped to Anima 2D sprite meshes. Same project built locally (windows 64 bit standalone) doesn't have the bug, while when built on Cloud Build it does.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
  46. Sergi_Valls

Sergi_Valls

Unity Technologies

Hi, please try this https://forum.unity.com/threads/rel...l-animation-plugin.369291/page-9#post-3280315

47. LilGames

LilGames

Thanks. Presuming you are referring to the command-line argument:
    -executeMethod Anima2D.SpriteMeshPostprocessor.Initialize

But how do we get Unity's Cloud Build service to execute that?
    I tried via a pre-build shell command but that didn't work.

This is from a build log:

33: Executing Pre-Build Script at Assets/BuildScripts/pre-build.sh
    34: /BUILD_PATH/[app name delete]/Assets/BuildScripts/pre-build.sh: line 1: -executeMethod: command not found
    (And I don't know if this is the same "corruption" that thread is about. The texture isn't visually corrupted. It just gets mapped entirely to single sprites instead of the "sub sprite" inside the atlas getting mapped to the sprite).

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
  48. Sergi_Valls

Sergi_Valls

Unity Technologies

What is happening here is your Sprite is using the original geometry but the texture changes into the altas one. That's why you see the full atlas. This is usually solved automatically by overriding the geometry of the Sprites with the mesh stored in SpriteMesh.

I am not familiar with Unity Cloud Build. Maybe you can try calling that function using a pre-export method:
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/UnityCloudBuildPreAndPostExportMethods.html

If that works, let me know and I'll include it officially.

Thanks

49. LilGames

LilGames

I understand everything you describe and have read up on setting up a pre-export method, but I don't know what function to call. You refer to "that function". What function tells a sprite mesh to use the atlas?

50. Sergi_Valls

Sergi_Valls

Unity Technologies

The function is:
    Anima2D.SpriteMeshPostprocessor.Initialize

Cuttlas-U and LilGames like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.