Search Unity

[RELEASED] Android Vibrator API - Includes Amplitude Control!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by dylan-hart, May 21, 2018.

?

What native Android features would you like easier access to from within Unity?

1. Dialogs and pickers (number, date)

20.0%
  2. App licensing verification (official Android DRM)

40.0%
  3. Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, other connectivity

40.0%
  4. Raw audio

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other (please comment!)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. dylan-hart

dylan-hart

Asset link: http://u3d.as/19NS
    Online documentation: https://signalgarden.com/toolshed
    Full source included!

Android Vibrator API exposes the entire library of native Android vibration functionality, including amplitude control and audio attributes. It offers a simple static interface that can be used anywhere in your project at any moment during run time.

Amplitude control allows you to specify the strength of vibrations - essential for differentiating subtle haptic feedback for buttons from earth-shaking boss attacks! Together with custom durations and even patterns (wave forms), this asset provides complete Android vibration control from inside Unity.

Audio attributes allow Android devices to understand the context of your vibrations, whether they are for gaming purposes, notifications, or other reasons.

The asset is compatible with all Android devices and gracefully degrades functionality based on device features (e.g., if a device doesn't support amplitude control, amplitude parameters will be ignored). It also exposes the device API level in case you're familiar with Android development and want to make your own decisions.

Vibration is an incredible feedback tool for mobile applications that can easily be overlooked. Don't settle for Unity's one-size-fits-all Handheld.Vibrate()!

Thanks for reading, and to kick things off: please DM me for a free copy/voucher! I'll hand out a total of 4 and update when they're all gone - an honest review would be appreciated in return.

MaxPirat likes this.
  2. Arkade

Arkade

Sounds great. Key requested.

Do you know how the iOS vibration stuff compares? Any plans to make it cross-platform?
    Thx

3. dylan-hart

dylan-hart

Key sent!

I'd love to make this cross platform. I haven't looked at iOS haptic feedback specifically yet. I'll give it a look and see. Thanks for the suggestion.

4. GameEverything

GameEverything

I know I'm late to the game, but I found this on the Asset Store and was wondering about something rather simple before I buy your asset. On the Samsung S8, vibration will only work when vibration for the notification settings is anything other than zero and then amplitude is overridden by this setting. I created my own script to handle vibration and I know my code isn't wrong, so I was wondering if your asset will somehow override this setting.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Here's a pic of the setting I'm referring to.

5. dylan-hart

dylan-hart

Hey thanks for your question! I've got one last voucher in fact, if you'd like to try it out for free. DM if you'd like to have it.

At first glance it seems like this could be a system-level vibration setting that apps shouldn't override or could require root access to override? Does your code work to override it? If so, be aware the asset comes with its full source and you could edit it if you like.

I believe we may have an S8 available in studio to do our own tests. If so I'll get back to you with what I find out.

6. GameEverything

GameEverything

Wow, quick response! Sure, I'll message you and then let you know if it works or not. :)