Search Unity

[RELEASED] Android Speech Recognition Plugin

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Takohi, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Takohi

Takohi

We are glad to present you our Android plug-in that enhances control over Android speech recognition.

Without any popup or dialog, make the players communicate with your game.
    Working on all available Unity versions, it also does not require Unity PRO version.

Adding vocal commands to your game or making your game interact with the user's speech has never been so simple.
    All languages are supported! You can either use the preferred language of your users or set yours.

You can check how easy it is to use this plugin by checking the documentation and all available functions here:
    http://www.takohi.com/data/unity/assets/android_speech_recognizer/documentation/

You can also download and run a demo on your Android device by downloading this APK:
    http://www.takohi.com/data/unity/as...ity-android-speech-recognizer-plugin-demo.apk
    The source code of this demo is included in the package.

The price: 2$.
    The asset is available on the asset store here.

If you have any suggestion or any question, please feel free to ask!

Also, check our other assets:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
  2. AnswerFinder

AnswerFinder

Hi! Can you help me please? When I tested your demo, almost always I see: "Ready for speech", then "User speaking" and "No recognition result matched." at once. I start talking several time and this only works in one of the cases, if I start talking right after the signal, I'm not sure.
    Is there any way ( maybe delay variable ) to increase the waiting time for the start a conversation?
    And one more question. Is there any way to disable microphone on/off audio signals by your plugin?
    Thank you.

I tested on Samsung S6. Android 5.0

3. BadSeedProductions

BadSeedProductions

Hello, I am having an issue that when the StartListening function is called, all of the sounds other than the android "listening chime" stop working. Until I "minimize" the app, and the open it again, and then they start working again as normal. Please help,
    thank you
    tested with android 6 and 7

isidro02139 likes this.
  4. isidro02139

isidro02139

I have the same issue! Using a Samsung S6 (Android 7.0 / API 24 / “Nougat”) and the GearVR Head-mounted display.

BadSeedProductions likes this.
  5. SSUAR

SSUAR

Has anybody used this on an ODG R7 AR glasses? My app uses this plugin but it only works on my android phone and not the headset.

ryanjfeldman likes this.
  6. ryanjfeldman

ryanjfeldman

I'm having the same issue on the Vuzix M300. Any update on this?

7. specularpro

specularpro

Is this still supported? The website to download the demo is dead. Does this work with native or embedded plugins? Has this been tried on the Quest 2?