Search Unity

[Released] Android Native Plugin

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by stanislav-osipov, Sep 20, 2013.

1. WarpZone

WarpZone

Why does this force my game to start in Landscape Orientation even though I explicitly changed the settings to only allow Portrait and Upside Down Portrait? My game is a top-down shmup. Running in Landscape mode makes the whole thing look trashy and wastes 2/3 of the screen.

(If it matters: The only thing I've actually used so far is one instance of the Intersital Ads prefab. The ad switches to landscape and looks just fine in landscape if I turn or shake the phone after boot, so why not allow the app to start in landscape?)

Last edited: May 19, 2014
  2. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hello. Sound like a bug, Plugin shouldn't change your app orientation of course. I will defiantly check this.
    For now you can simply update orientation in AndroidManifest.

Cheers!

3. WarpZone

WarpZone

Okay. How do I do that? I looked in Plugins/Android/AndroidManifest.xml and it wasn't immediately obvious what I should change.

One thing I notice is that the android:configChanges = parameters tend to include "orientation." If I were you, I'd look at where it gets the default values for this.

Edit: Oh, found it. Line 11, yes?

Edit 2: Yeah, tested it. Changing the android:screenOrientation="portrait" in line 11 did the trick. I guess instead of defining it here in the xml, you should have AndroidNative.cs or something pass the app's default orientation at startup or something?

Anyway, thanks for the quick response, and the fix! :D Good luck with the next version. This really is as good as people say!

Last edited: May 19, 2014
  4. Grafos

Grafos

Since the latest update I'm getting this message

Assets/Extensions/AndroidNative/xExample/Scripts/GoogleCloudMessageExample.cs(33,60): error CS1061: Type `GoogleCloudMessageService' does not contain a definition for `init' and no extension method `init' of type `GoogleCloudMessageService' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

5. WarpZone

WarpZone

Is there a way to detect when an Interstitial ad has finished displaying? The prefab interstitial ad does not start to display instantaneously, which means I need to stop everything else my game might be doing, wait for the ad to load, detect when the ad has closed, and start running the game again. So far, I've only seen how to launch it, and there's a 1-5 second delay during which the rest of the game (menus, etc) keeps running.

I want the ad to look like it belongs, like it's an extra step in-between game states. Not like it's suddenly interrupting one of those states.

Edit: Oh, okay, I need to look at the GoogleAdExample scene. Apparently the prefab actually isn't a very useful implementation for most games... which makes me wonder why it's the implementation chosen to be the prefab. But whatever. I can work with this.

Edit2: Looks like AndroidAdMobController.instance.LoadInterstitialAd(); and AndroidAdMobController.instance.ShowInterstitialAd(); are the meat of it. If ShowInterstitialAd() is instantaneous, I can use this. I'd still like to see a way of detecting when the ad has been closed, just in case I want some sort of visible "start" of the menu screen following the ad, but for my current game design, this works.

Edit3: Hmmm. It's a little better, but still not great. Even at its fastest, ShowInterstitialAd() seems to take several frames to start-- more than enough time for the menu after the ad to load and the player to start thinking about tapping one of those buttons. The ad feels like an interruption. What should I do?

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  6. Grafos

Grafos

Never mind I deleted and reimported the scripts and it seems everything is fine

7. sandeepsmartest

sandeepsmartest

I've Deleted and reimported but same error is coming.Please help
    Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!

8. exitsimulation

exitsimulation

Hello!

Today I bought the plugin and tried to get the ads working. Everything is working fine now after a bit of hassle (because I had to extend Android Native from another plugin). However I cannot register my device as a test device for admob so that no real impressions are generated.

I got my 32 digit device ID from the logcat and am calling this in start after init:

Code (csharp):
    1. AndroidAdMobController.instance.AddTestDevice ("4895718FA4XXXXX851C346E4BXXXXX1E");
    (X for privacy here because I dont know how sensitive device ID is)

Basically I'm just following the prefab solutions and replaced the device ID with mine - no success so far.
    I even tried to compile the example Ads project JUST with the device ID changed - no success either, real ads are shown. :confused:

What am I missing?

9. Grafos

Grafos

Did you delete the AndroidNative folder inside the extensions folder? (Keep in mind that any changes you've made to the included scripts will be lost)

10. sandeepsmartest

sandeepsmartest

Hi Grafos,Thanks for Your reply....Still I am Getting the same error even after deleting the AndroidNative folder which is inside the extensions folder and re-importing it!!
    I've freshly imported the android native plugin v3.2 in new Empty unity project and checked with the above given procedure but of no luck!!.

Please Help Grafos and Lacost.
    Thanks in advance!!

Last edited: May 22, 2014
  11. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hello.
    sandeepsmartest - The plugin defiantly do not have this issue try to re-download. If that is not helping, just send me PM, I will e-mail you the package.

WarpZone, here is custom example for you:
    Code (csharp):
    2.     //Android
    3.     private const string ANDROID_INTERSTITIAL_AD_UNIT_ID    = "ca-app-pub-6101605888755494/3301497967";
    4.     private const string ANDROID_BANNERS_AD_UNIT_ID         = "ca-app-pub-6101605888755494/1824764765";
    6.     //IOS
    7.     private const string IOS_INTERSTITIAL_AD_UNIT_ID    = "ca-app-pub-6101605888755494/3329373962";
    8.     private const string IOS_BANNERS_AD_UNIT_ID         = "ca-app-pub-6101605888755494/1852640761";
    13.     void Start () {
    14.         GoogleMobileAd.Init(ANDROID_BANNERS_AD_UNIT_ID, IOS_BANNERS_AD_UNIT_ID);
    15.         GoogleMobileAd.SetInterstisialsUnitID(ANDROID_INTERSTITIAL_AD_UNIT_ID, IOS_INTERSTITIAL_AD_UNIT_ID);
    17.         GoogleMobileAd.controller.addEventListener(GoogleMobileAdEvents.ON_INTERSTITIAL_AD_LOADED, OnInterstisialsLoaded);
    18.         GoogleMobileAd.controller.addEventListener(GoogleMobileAdEvents.ON_INTERSTITIAL_AD_OPENED, OnInterstisialsOpen);
    20.         GoogleMobileAd.controller.addEventListener(GoogleMobileAdEvents.ON_INTERSTITIAL_AD_CLOSED, OnInterstisialsClosed);
    22.         //loadin ad:
    23.         GoogleMobileAd.LoadInterstitialAd ();
    24.     }
    26.     private void OnInterstisialsLoaded() {
    27.         //ad loaded, strting ad
    28.         GoogleMobileAd.ShowInterstitialAd ();
    30.     }
    32.     private void OnInterstisialsOpen() {
    33.         //pausing the game
    34.     }
    36.     private void OnInterstisialsClosed() {
    37.         //un-pausing the game
    38.     }

Cheers!

12. ratjar_games

ratjar_games

Hi,

Does this support importing Android Contacts into the Unity app?

Cheers

13. Mahdi-Jeddi

Mahdi-Jeddi

I'm trying to use this plugin for push notifications, but I can't get it to work! :(
    I've already setup the Cloud Services in google's dashboard, etc. Got the device registered, and passed the id to our server. But when I receive the push, the app (while in the background) crashes. This is part of what I get in the logs:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to instantiate receiver com.androidnative.gcm.GcmBroadcastReceiver: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.androidnative.gcm.GcmBroadcastReceiver

Is this feature still in beta? If not could you describe the steps that is needed to be taken to make it work? Especially the way the AndroidManifest.xml needs to be edited?

14. atmuc

atmuc

Hi Lacost,

can you remove or rename config files AndroidManifest.xml, analytics.xml. on each update it overrides my changes. you should add them as AndroidManifestTemplate.xml, analyticsTemplate.xml. we can rename them for the first install and can keep them for each update.

15. WarpZone

WarpZone

Wow, that's a much better example. Why isn't something like that in the project? From what I've seen on the Google Play store, most people who use interstitials want to use it like that.

I mean, I wouldn't necessarily call Show as a response to IsLoaded. I'd call Load ahead of time during the game and then set a flag during IsLoaded, then call Play in response to the player's Game Over. But this code example exposes all the tools I need, I think. I'll let you know if I still feel like there's something missing.

Thanks again! :)

Last edited: May 23, 2014
  16. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hello, nope. But I have such feature request already so it might appear in next versions.

Hello. It's not in beta any more. Try to reinstall plugin and update it to the latest version, if that steel will not solve your issue, contact support team at stans.assets@gmail.com.

Hello. You can simply uncheck those file on importing window. If I will rename it like that, new customers will have a lot of problems unfortunately. But thanks for letting me know that you guys having problem with it, I will try to figure out how to make it better.

I thought that API description will be enough. Put thanks for pointing that I will include this example in next update.
    Cheers!

17. ermak86

ermak86

18. sandeepsmartest

sandeepsmartest

Hi Paala,
    I must thank you for the immediate response that you gave me.Lacost and you helped me alot -thank you.Well i tried combining the plugins but despite of unsuccessful outcomes(as a reason am using ANP 3.1 and urs is ANP 2.5 slight difference) i used "Heyzap" (ads)plugin for my current game,but i must use the chartboost plugin for my upcoming game as it gives good revenue(I guess).Yes hey zap is really easy to integrate i just added one line of code(activity) in android manifest file.But i must thank all the forum members for giving suggestions,alternates and corrections.
    Before concluding my post i have a request i.e., If you are using ANP 3.1 or ANP 3.2 ,can u please post the androidnative jar file and andoridmanifest file(which is combined with Charboost)
    Any further suggestions appreciated!!!
    A big thanks for your response.
    Thank You Lacost

19. sandeepsmartest

sandeepsmartest

Hi Lacost ,
    thanks for your response.I 've re-downloded the file but still I am facing the same issue,Please help me.
    Regarding Facebook ,I am facing 2 issues:
    1. I have uploaded a apk in the google play store after testing all the functionalities which worked perfect(facebook screenshot,Leaderboard,Heyzap ads -thanks for the plugin).Here comes the issue- i have downloaded the same apk from google playstore and tried posting screeenshot onto my facebook wall. my game asked me permissions(authentication) for posting i just gave permission but nothing happened it just returned to the game, nothing posted.In order to crosscheck i copied apk(apk-which i uploaded to Google play store earlier and which worked perfect) from my machine to the mobile phone and checked ,now it is working fine!!why is my facebook not working if i download the apk from playstore??

2.Due to size problem, Because of facebook which added 5 mb , i tried cutting the facebook plugin in the exact way which you described clearly in docs https://docs.google.com/document/d/1px0BVXcZqgrW99OQV4bM7q1rD5NYaCYTxXnn4eS4ytY/edit#heading=h.25anb5kzj9at but the generated apk has no size impact i.e., it just decreased from 25 mb to 24.5mb.
    Am i missing something ?? Please point me in right direction.Help me!!! Help me!!!
    Android Push notification:
    If you can, please give us detailed step by step procedure for implementing Android Push notification as everyone needs it badly.

Thanks for your immediate responses.
    Cheers!!!

20. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Code (csharp):
    2. Please, can we have "Playmaker Google Cloud Actions" too?
    3. http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/246...yMaker-Actions
    Sure, Added to the todo list!

Hey sandeepsmartest, Good new for you:
    I noticed that Chartboost v4 no longer needs a Native activity so is supposed to play nice with other plugins:
    Just get device log, this will help to find out what is goes wrong. But I am assuming that hash keys mismatch. Just post device log here, on to the support e-mail

There is all right in the described methods in doc (just checked)
    Simply open the editor console and you will find out what's eating your size.
    http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/ReducingFilesize.html

On it. Thanks for request!

21. Lumpizaver

Lumpizaver

Hey, I am trying to incorporate Vungle adds (https://github.com/Vungle/vungle-resources/blob/master/Android-resources/android-dev-guide.md) along with your Android Native Plugin, but I am having some issues (I guess that it has something to do with your plugin overriding the main activity with android native bridge).

I guess I should incoprorate Vungle adds into your plugin. Are the Java files that are used to build androidnativebridge.jar availabe somewhere? I can't find them.

How should I proceed if I want to use Vungle adds along with your plugin?

Edit: I found the eclipse project however if I rebuild it (even without any changes) and replace the androidnative.jar with the new one the game crashes immediately after start ...

Last edited: May 28, 2014
  22. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hello.
    Here is few useful documentations links for you:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/...NYaCYTxXnn4eS4ytY/edit#heading=h.7frodoz468gu
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/...NYaCYTxXnn4eS4ytY/edit#heading=h.66wnkolqt5dq

That is not common behavior :)
    Any way if you have any crashes just drop message to stans.assets@gmail.com. And please attach the crash log, plugin name and version number!
    Thanks.

23. Lumpizaver

Lumpizaver

Yeah the mistake was on my side. Apparently my Unity Plugin version and Eclipse version did not match :).

Can I change the android-support-v4.jar with a newer library? Do you have any idea if the plugin will work?

Also I decided that I won't build my own plugin but I will extend your plugin to add Vungle support, I think that this was a good choice since I already have some basic Vungle add playback in the android game through your plugin.

24. Idden

Idden

Hi,
    Is there anyway to do server-side purchase verification using this plugin ?

I tried but I can't figure out how to get the data, here is what I need from the google play purchase response:

data.getStringExtra("INAPP_PURCHASE_DATA")
    data.getStringExtra("INAPP_DATA_SIGNATURE");

data.getStringExtra("INAPP_DATA_SIGNATURE"); seems to match GooglePurchaseTemplate.signature but data.getStringExtra("INAPP_PURCHASE_DATA") is the whole response string, and there is no match for it in the plugin.

Am I missing something here ?

25. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

90% Sure you can do this with no consequences.

Hello GooglePurchaseTemplate is contains all data that we got from goole:

Code (csharp):
    1. public class GooglePurchaseTemplate  {
    3.     public string orderId;
    4.     public string packageName;
    5.     public string SKU;
    7.     public string developerPayload;
    8.     public string signature;
    9.     public string token;
    10.     public long time;
    11.     public string originalJson;
    12.     public GooglePurchaseState state;
    And as you see there is also originalJson string, with is unparsed goole response.

Cheers!

26. Bogu-94

Bogu-94

bought this today. got this error when building

if I remove all the plugin asset it will be fine.
    maybe u know something about this. thanks

and I found something bothers me... is this supposed to be missing?
    screenshot

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  27. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hello.
    This is common issue.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/...NYaCYTxXnn4eS4ytY/edit#heading=h.b1d8gg5dem2n

Nope. Thanks for the report, I will check this. You can simply attach BillingExample script for now.
    Cheers!

28. exitsimulation

exitsimulation

Hey Stan,

just wanted to let you know that Google changed the way they handle in-app purchases from draft applications. Here is a note from the developer console:

Message appeared today for me but I noticed the behaviour earlier (a few days ago). I even wrote you an email if you remember ... Yes, this was the issue. :) So you might want to add your Set-Up Guide as others will be confused over this as well.
    For me setting up a closed beta over the Developer Console was an acceptable solution for testing the in-app purchases.

Cheers!

Zaddo67 likes this.
  29. Zaddo67

Zaddo67

I sent Stan an email a couple days ago and he gave me some guidance on the changes at google.

As you quoted from gogole. I uploaded an Alpha version and published the app and Inapp purchases started working again in my testing.

This cost me a couple days pulling my hair out.

30. exitsimulation

exitsimulation

Yes, same thing happened to me ... It got really frustrating until I decided to release the app to beta. It worked immediately ... Funny on the side of google to change this first and inform the users afterwards. :rolleyes:

31. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Yep that is true. I was also very surprised when got around 10 e-mails with same complaint, since first thought was, that I did something wrong with latest update.

But few hours of googling solved the problem eventually :)

32. sandeepsmartest

sandeepsmartest

Hi Lacost,
    Waiting for the detailed procedure to implement Google Cloud Messaging(push notification)....Waiting for it very eagerly.
    Please Give us Detailed procedure as it is required very badly for every one.
    Lacost if you don't mind please give us the descriptions or changes about the updated versions of Android Native Plugin
    And a big thanks for your continous support.
    Regarding Chartboost,i haven't started integrating chart boost.I'll implement in another couple of days (only with your Help) and let u know the status.

Great Work Lacost

Hey sandeepsmartest, Good new for you:
    I noticed that Chartboost v4 no longer needs a Native activity so is supposed to play nice with other plugins:

Just get device log, this will help to find out what is goes wrong. But I am assuming that hash keys mismatch. Just post device log here, on to the support e-mail

There is all right in the described methods in doc (just checked)
    Simply open the editor console and you will find out what's eating your size.
    http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/ReducingFilesize.html

On it. Thanks for request![/QUOTE]

33. Idden

Idden

Thanks for your reply, my plugin was not up to date, so I didn't have the originalJson property.

I updated the plugin but, it does really help, originalJson is always null.
    I added those lines in AndroidInAppPurchaseManager, to trace the reponse form the java layer.
    Code (csharp):
    2.             foreach(string s in storeData)
    3.             {
    4.                 Debug.Log(this + " OnPurchaseFinishedCallback: " + s);
    5.             }
    it ouputs all the data correctly but the json.

Any idea ? Is it a bug on the java side of the plugin ?

34. Diomich

Diomich

Any updates about windows phone trouble?

35. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

I will check it, and let you know ASAP.
    I would appreciate if you could send similar message to the stans.assets@gmail.com - just for history :)

Are you talking about compilations issue? I pretty sure it was fixed couple update before. Check the new version please.

36. dwegner

dwegner

Hi,

I am trying to post to facebook using the plugin, when the facebook app is not installed on the phone everything goes well, login and post are working HOWEVER if the app is installed I keep getting to the point where I am asked for permission, I press OK but nothing happens I am not logged in and cannot post.

37. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hello.
    It can be the problem with your Hash Key. Are you sure your app signed properly and your facebook app settings has correct hash key?

If you steel have described issue.
    I would like to get more info. You can post it here or send to stans.assets@gmail.com
    1) Your plugin version
    2) Log cat log
    3) Your scripts where you suing the plugins API

Cheers!

38. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hey idden, the problem is fixed and will be submitted with next update on assets store.
    If you need this urgent you can contact support team they will send you latest build.
    Cheers!

39. keomanla

keomanla

40. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hard to tell, why it's happening.
    The Plugin Google Ads simply using Google API. Any way the source code is open you can always modify plugin to feet your specific project needs.
    But If I where you, I would prefer to use mediation instead another ad solution in the project.
    Cheers!

41. ironfiftynine

ironfiftynine

Hello. I'm using your Native Android Plugin together iwth your Mobile Ads SDK. After several trial and errors, I was able to make both of them present in my project and was able to compile for an Android build. However right now I'm stuck with one problem. The event function OnBannerAdLoaded contains a parameter string bannerID which is not in Int32 format. I traced it without the Native Android Plugin and it returns 1 which is properly convertible. However after the integration, the parameter passed is a string of numbers but with | characters in between. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thank you very much.

42. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hello Looks like you got version conflict.
    I always test to make sure Android Native and Google Mobile Ad is compatible with etch other.
    I will send you PM message with latest versions.
    Cheers!

43. ironfiftynine

ironfiftynine

Got your reply. Thank you very much. I'll test it and send you a PM for updates. :)

44. Fahrettin

Fahrettin

Off topic but admob blocked my 2 acc. Everytime i try to correct things. Than i opened 3rd one and didnt use for testing because i thought something wrong. After 4-5 days unused acc blocked too. Do you guys know about what happening :S

45. WarbladerToo

WarbladerToo

I bought your Android Native Plugin and I'm trying to get google play working with leader boards and achievements! But I always get an error message of SIGN_IN_REQUIRED. I have tried signing out of my main google dev account and set up new test accounts and sign into that account but it's always this error. Any help you can provide? Must the game be published before I can test this? I have followed every step of the setup ( I hope I did it correctly )

Please help!!

46. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Great, Thanks.

That is pretty weird.
    Honestly I do not use AddTestDevice function, I simply use another account (no the one I register for AdMob)
    And my acc was never blocked. I even got aroudn 10$ from google for my hard work :D

Hey, Thanks for purchase.
    Well obviously you dod something wrong, but I need more info to find out what exactly, At least log cat log.
    And here what I found over internet related to your issue.

Hope it helps!
    If you will find out without my help what was wrong, please let me know, Probably i missed or didn't explained some importent step in the documentation.

Cheers!

47. dwegner

dwegner

Thanks, you were correct the hash key was not correct.

any idea why I am having problems posting on Tweeter? I keep getting directed to the tweeter authorization screen "Authorize xxx to use your account" even though I have authorized it already.

48. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

I need your log cat log to find out what's wrong. Just attach it here or send me PM.
    Cheers!

49. dwegner

dwegner

I am trying to implement twitter in my game but I am a bit confused with the documentation. are there two separate plugins? One for Social sharing (with facebook and twitter) and the other with all the other android native functions?

50. skullthug

skullthug

Hi again lacost.
    I'm running into a plugin conflict with my project- long story short the conflict is with httpclient-4.3.1.jar
    Do you know what specific services in Android Native might require this jar? I only really need Google Analytics.

This question is sort of a shot in the dark, so don't worry if it's too much trouble to answer.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2014