Search Unity

[Released] Android Native Plugin

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by lacost, Sep 20, 2013.

1. nedhaljalali

nedhaljalali

Android Native Plugin is back again in the store ... very good

recon0303 likes this.
  2. neshius108

neshius108

I am having some problems with the usual merging of manifests error on 9.10/24. How can I fix it? I disabled pretty much everything (except for the gallery) and it still fails. Also tried the previous suggestions but nothing...

3. recon0303

recon0303

I suggest to contact support, this thread, is not always checked.. I don't think, you will get way faster support that way..

4. Kastar-Troy

Kastar-Troy

Hey guys, I'm having a weird issue with permissions from the android manifest merger cause of the Leaderboard Id xml file.

If I have /plugins/Android/res/ids.xml with the leaderboard ids the manifest merger will add the permission READ_PHONE_STATE which asks the user to allow phone calls from the app, it's treating this xml file like an AndroidManifest.xml file for some ridiculous reason, and can't find the targetSdkVersion attribute.

Here is the issue tracker from Unity about this issue: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...fest-dot-xml-file-using-latest-26-dot-0-2-sdk

Obviously this isn't great, have you guys come across this? Can I put the ids.xml file elsewhere or is there an xml tag I need to put in this to avoid the merger reading this file?

File contents:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <!--
    Google Play game services IDs.
    Save this file as res/values/games-ids.xml in your project.
    -->
    <resources>
    <string name="app_id">xxx</string>
    <string name="achievement_gold_hoarder">xxx</string>
    <string name="achievement_so_into_you">xxx</string>
    </resources>

5. Kastar-Troy

Kastar-Troy

6. daudau505

daudau505

after updated to the latest version I get a bunch of errors.
    can someone help me fix this please. thank you.

Assets/Plugins/StansAssets/Modules/AndroidNative/Addons/AndroidNativeActions/GoogleAd/AN_LoadInterstisialAd.cs(38,36): error CS0123: A method or delegate `HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.AN_LoadInterstisialAd.OnFail()' parameters do not match delegate `System.Action<int>(int)' parameters

7. Driven

Driven

After almost a year there is still no Android 8 support for notifications, every other plugin supports it except this one. What's so difficult to adapt to the channel system, it's probably 10 minutes work or less. If you don't have Android 8 phones then just order one or copy the code from the other plugins. Whole google play log is full of errors even without triggering any notifications on oreo devices.

8. The_Arrival

The_Arrival

Hello,

we´ve also run into the android 8 LocalNotificationReceiver-Bug wich was reported a few weeks ago.
    How is the current status of the fix? Reading this thread it seems not be fixed yet and there is only the hack by editing the manifest targetSDK version.

I´m using Unity 5.6.4p4 and currently UltimateMobile 10.1/21 and in unity we target SKD 19+ (KitKat). We have around 100 tracked errors in our live product, all with android 8.0 and almost all with a galaxy s8.

On my GalaxyS9 with android 8 it seems that i cant reproduce the bug (or it´s a no-visible exception).

Questions:
    - can anyone give me a hint on how that exception affects the users if it appears? Is it a crash, or just a background error thrown. Does it affect the usability (like IAP or store connection)
    - when will the bug be fixed in Stand Ultimate Mobile so its worth upgrading (and dealing with all the issues comming from there like manifest merge issues and such)

9. ckrin

ckrin

Not fixed yet. We also receive tons of crashes from Android 8 and 8.1. Our players are waiting for an update that we are not able not deliver right now.

10. seno

seno

Hello Stans' staffs.

I am recently trying to update Android Native Plugin to latest, ver 9.10/24 and saw you put Google Play Services 11.4.2.
    But when I tried to update Android SDK Manager the latest version I can get is 11.0.4.

Can you let me know how to get version 11.4.2? I typically need library like play-services-location and play-services-tasks for other plugins like OneSignal.

Thank you in advance

11. UniDro

UniDro

Hello forum members and ANP team.
    I have a question about Facebook Wrapper of your plugin.

Here we have an example of custom events:
    https://unionassets.com/mobile-social-plugin/analytics-138

That's what I needed, BUT. look up this method inside SPFacebookAnalytics.cs

How do you like it? So events won't work. Why do you even need this additional wrapper?
    Parameters also can't be transferred. I guess it's better to just use FB SDK directly?

12. lacost

lacost

Hello, thx for the report.
    Sorry for that incidents. That conned wasn't removed by mistake, We will fix and resubmit to Asset Store ASAP.

13. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

Is it possible to grab the image from the home page of the phone using the library (like the on button + low volume combo) ?

Or have access to the icons positions in the launcher ? e.g. if need to create an app that manages the launcher icons.
    I have found this code that reads directly the frame buffer in C, how hard do you gather would it be to create a plugin that will read this in Unity ?

https://github.com/oNaiPs/droidVncServer/tree/master/jni/vnc/screenMethods

This would open great new ways of interaction with the phone

14. lacost

lacost

Hey @nasos_333 That is definitely doable.
    I can promise I will look into it, but can't say we will 100% implement this, since this is very unique request.
    But we can definitely collaborate with you on this, what you say?

15. nasos_333

nasos_333

Thanks for looking into it, i agree it is very specific but could open up many new ideas and effects.

I have looked into it a lot too, i will also post some more links of possible java based plugin implementations, i have to read them cerefully to see if they can grab the general frame buffer or are app specific though first, since the goal is to grab the mobile's desktop as it is last seen and not the app itself (this is easilly doable from native Unity functions)

I am looking forward to collaborating on it for sure, i am currently reading on Android plugins and how could be incorporated, though i am no expert on that, so will take me a bit to get more accustomed to the specifics.

16. lacost

lacost

Yep, that sounds good, I am currently all in work for a new Android Native Pro update.
    But that may be a nice little addition to its release.

nasos_333 likes this.
  17. nateschmold

nateschmold

Hey @lacost -- just curious if the latest version of Android Native Pro has a fix for the LocalNotification crash that being reported?

18. lacost

lacost

We are rewriting every API, so new plugin will not have issues of old one, that for sure.

19. nateschmold

nateschmold

@lacost - Cool, ok, but the update in July that is already released didn't have a fix for it, correct?

Rewriting the every API, wow! How far along is the process? Sounds like a lot of work :D

20. lacost

lacost

No, it's not.

Yea... don't say. We just make it from scratch taking into account every detail. There will be a lot of positive changes from a technical side. Starting from the ability to "auto test" all the API before submitting to asset store to support of unity jar resolver, etc.

I should say there is 70% done already, so we will start preparing first release in 2 week.
    You'll be able to get your hands on a plugin, not more than in 1 month. Most likely it will be already available on the asset store in in 2.5 -3 weeks.

SoftwareGeezers likes this.
  21. nateschmold

nateschmold

@lacost Awesome, thank you so much for all the info, really appreciate your transparency!

22. UniDro

UniDro

I'm sorry. Is that a correct behaviour?
    upload_2018-7-27_17-0-10.png

I'm getting this "Loaded: 24 Achievements" pretty often. Also on every app wake up.
    using latest Ultimate Mobile package.

Doing this only once in the app:
    upload_2018-7-27_17-2-43.png

23. lacost

lacost

there should be only one request from the plugin side. but I will definitely double check. Thankyou.

24. UniDro

UniDro

There's also
    upload_2018-7-27_20-36-14.png

It may help you investigating. You see I don't have my own achievements logs. It's all inside ANP.

25. UniDro

UniDro

I'm sorry. Is that a common problem for ANP?
    on Application.Quit() I'm doing this:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. void OnApplicationQuit(){
    2.         UM_NotificationController.Instance.CancelAllLocalNotifications();
    3.         SendNotifications();
    4. }
    log shows E/CRASH: signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 1 (SEGV_MAPERR), fault addr 00000100

I sent few local notifications at the same time
    upload_2018-7-30_13-49-27.png
    NotificationManager.SendNotification just contains
    UM_NotificationController.Instance.ScheduleLocalNotification (with localization)

And the app freezes in some kind of limbo. You HAVE to close the task to reopen.
    Local Notifications also won't ever shoot.
    That's really unfortunate to find out directly before planned release. And I really hope there's a fix for that!

26. lacost

lacost

Hey @UniDro
    Do you have any logs? What does to logcat says?

And another question why, would ever want to use Application.Quit() on a mobile device? There is a simple rule, you should never do this with you mobile app.

Also for what you trying to make better scenerio is the app launch.
    Wehn appl is launched you canceling all your "reminding" notifications, and schedule new once.
    The void OnApplicationQuit - super unreliable on mobile platform.

27. lacost

lacost

Also for those once who are waiting for the Android Native Pro. I just want to share the estimated.

I need to finish
    - Google Play (Leaderboards, Achievements, Saved Games)
    - Firebase (Analytics, Push Notifications)

Estimate
    Google Play - 1week, then I submit to the store, and while it's on review, I will have another week for more testing / fixing and will also finish Firebase.

Optimistic estimate - Will be submitted in 1 week. Release in 2 weeks.
    Worst case scenario - Will be submitted in 2 weeks. Release in 4 weeks.

Once the plugin is submitted to the asset store, I can send this version to anyone who wants to have "early access" and ready to tests & give feedbacks.

Once plugin will be approved on asset store I will make an update with Firebase API added & improvements.

28. UniDro

UniDro

The log looks like that (app name is white flushed)

-Application quitting
    -Send Notifications
    -AN: Using proxy for class: com.androidnative.features.notifications.LocalNotificationManager method:ScheduleLocalNotification

and in few seconds I get this
    upload_2018-7-30_15-56-20.png

everything else is just some numbers and letters with only few words readable:
    'UnityEngine.CoreModule.dll' and 'Allocator'

I'm using the latest Unity 2018.2.1f1

As for that. We have a clear in-game confirmation before exiting the app.
    Some users may want to exit the app just like that from in-game menu.

Anyways. there's an UPDATE for the problem:

Previously I was doing the same Cancel/Send Notifications on OnApplicationQuit
    as on OnApplicationPause.

OnApplicationPause - seems to work fine;
    I've removed native calls from OnApplicationQuit and there's no more crash, but also no notifications after user quited like that.

As I recall previously on Unity 5.6 there was no crush, but now in Unity 2018.2.1f1 its 100% consistent. Wouldn you recommend the best Unity version for ANP? And also why can't I just call OnApplicationPause(true) inside OnApplicationQuit ?

EDIT:
    OK. This is not a big deal. So we've removed this Application.Quit() call from the app. In that case everything seems to work as intended.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
  29. UniDro

UniDro

What policy does ANP uses to re-connect to GPS?
    calling only once in the app (any case)
    GooglePlayConnection.ActionConnectionResultReceived += ActionConnectionResultReceived;
    GooglePlayConnection.Instance.Connect ();

then imagine those scenarios:
    1) user backgrounded the app for 10 minutes. then reopened it.
    2) internet appears (which was absent on start when Connect was called)

Will ANP reconnect to google services by itself or do I need to check that manually?

30. lacost

lacost

Actually, once you connected to GPS, it will work offline even if there is no internet.
    Android Native will also auto enable connection on app resume.

31. nam-hd23

nam-hd23

Google fit does not work. Please check it.

32. lacost

lacost

33. nateschmold

nateschmold

would love to get a chance to access the plugin early as mentioned above, we're blocked on a couple issues and are desperately hoping that the updated plugin resolves them. :D

34. lacost

lacost

Just contacted you directly

35. lacost

lacost

Hey folks. Tha Android Native Pro alpha version is ready for a test.
    Feel free to contact me directly if you would like to play around with alpha and give early feedback.
    Thanks a lot!

36. SoftwareGeezers

SoftwareGeezers

Hi,

Just updated to the latest version of Android Native. I get transform.GetRendererBounds() is undefined, which comes from SA_UnityExtensions. That's followed by 190 build errors with things like "'Serialization' does not exist in namespace 'pathfinding'" which are likely just because of this one error.

Suffice to say, all development is ground to halt with this. ;) Quick support would be most welcome.

Edit - yes, commenting out those two lines using GetRendererBounds allows the project to built and I've clicked the 'Install' button for Android Native. The method is still not found.

Edit - I found the SA_UnityExtensions script in a backup. This doesn't appear to be part of the Android Native package? Was it installed with IOS Native and then removed when I uninstalled Android Native in order to update it?

Anyway, the reason I was updating was to try and fix a manifest merge error, which hasn't gone away with the update.

D:\_Programming Stuff\Unity\ionAXXIA\Temp\StagingArea\AndroidManifest-main.xml:6:16-49 Error:
    Attribute application@icon value=(@drawable/app_icon) from AndroidManifest-main.xml:6:16-49
    is also present at AndroidManifest.xml:13:9-45 value=(@drawable/ic_launcher).
    Suggestion: add 'tools:replace="android:icon"' to <application> element at AndroidManifest-main.xml:6:3-36:17 to override.

UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  37. UniDro

UniDro

lacost, I'm sorry, could you explain a little more about
    GooglePlusAPI.Instance.ClearDefaultAccount();
    ?

Sometimes it works as intended, but in most cases it still connects default player on next
    GooglePlayConnection.Instance.Connect ();
    (happenes like 10 times more often than I see actual account selection screen)
    I'm waiting for player to be disconnected, then much later initialize new connection.

I even tried GooglePlayConnection.Instance.SignOut() still with no luck.
    Is that a common ANP or GPS behaviour? What should I do for workaround?

[Using Android 5.1.1]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
  38. lacost

lacost

Hey @SoftwareGeezers SA_UnityExtensions is not longer part of the plguin. But we messed up with files GUIid so it may not be properly removed. Sorry about that.

And that is why we are making the Android Native Pro we have a lot of issues with original Android Native. It most likely will be deprecated in 1-2 month after Pro version is released.

I am already distributing Android Native Pro alpha2 on Monday. The last step left for alpha 2 is an automatic testing implementation. So again if anybody interested to give it a try and send us early feedback it would be much appreciated. Also The Asset Store version will be live in a week.

Android Native Pro meant to fix all the issue you guys have an even more. It will have fewer features, but we will be actively implementing it by a request. The most used feature is there so no worries.

@UniDro Hard to tell. Both of those should sing user out, so next time he try to sing in we will have to choose account again. I can't tell rught now why it's isn't wotkin. Besides Android Native uses old GMS API. We now need to migrate to the connectionless clients, which is already done in Android Native Pro. So you might want to give it a try.

Cheers!

39. UniDro

UniDro

I'm Not using Advanced sign in because of GET_ACCOUNTS permission (scary for users).
    Maybe that's the case? Just try it by yourself. Add two google accounts on the device and try to logout and then connect again. If you can make it consistently than I would love to implement your version.
    How can I get it? Actually I bought Android Native Plugin, then support team suggested to buy Ultimate mobile package containing ANP and also IOS Native. (What I needed at first place)
    And now you suggest to buy another ANP? Android Native (Pro)? Is that a rename? An update or completely new package? And will Ultimate Mobile ever get fixes at this point?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
  40. UniDro

UniDro

There's also a very strange problem with AndroidDialog.cs. Callback is inconsistent. Most cases it just fire
    AndroidDialogResult.YES
    back.

I've added Log here and it returns
    onPopUpCallBack 0 0
    <=== On 1st button press
    onPopUpCallBack 0 0
    <=== On 2st button press

upload_2018-8-20_20-27-58.png

So clearly there's the problem, and its crucial for my game, because we strongly rely on users answers. What can I do to fix that?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
  41. lacost

lacost

Hey,
    The Android Native (Pro) - is a free update if you already have the Android Native Plugin.
    The same as you can grab already stable IOS Native (Pro) if you have IOS Native.

New Google API does require GET_ACCOUNTS permission for those operations.

We recently updated Ultimate Mobile with unity 2018 fixes.
    The current development plan is :

IOS Native Pro - done
    Android Native Pro - alpha
    Cross-Platform Admob - dev started
    New Ultimate Mobile - planned

Once New Ultimate Mobile will be released. IOS Native, Android Native, Google Admod, Ultimate Mobile ill be deprecated. All existing users will able to get free updates.

If you are using Android Native Plugin directly. I strongly recommend to start the migration to Android Native Pro. I would be happy to give you all the possible assistance.

42. lacost

lacost

Hey guys, I am wondering if you want automatic testing system + Android Native Pro API test cases to be shipped with the plugin?

The reason I am asking is the following.

+
    1) You will able to test API yourself making sure that everything you need is working, you may test it on specific device or platform.
    2) You can make sure that all your settings is correct.

-
    1) It's going to be A LOT of additional code, around 200 + classes
    2) Before test we making configuration for own own environment, so you would not able to use "one button" test, since at least you do not have my keystore, etc. How every we may provide an option that does not make any configurations.

43. ningunos2020

ningunos2020

Hi @lacost,
    The version 9.11/25 of Android Native Plugin is the Android Native Pro plugin update or is not been approved in asset store yet?
    It will override the actual Android Native Plugin? Because if i already purchased the plugin,0what is the correct way to update it?

Regards

44. lacost

lacost

Hey @ningunosentertai it's not being approved yet. But should be suuuper soon. A couple of days.

So, first of all, it will not be compatible with Old Android Native, So you will have to remove plugin completely before installing the new one. You can always request help wih this if you need.

As soon as Android Native Pro will be approved on Asset Store. All the users who already bought Android Native will able to upgrade to Android Native Pro. I will sen upgrade price to lowes number possible on Asset Store, this is 1$. No way to make it free, unfortunately. Or you can contact me and ask for a free voucher.

Ramsdal and ningunos2020 like this.
  45. ningunos2020

ningunos2020

Hi @lacost, thanks for your reply.
    What is the way to contact you ? in stan assets support email or here in the forum?

Thank you

46. lacost

lacost

47. indie_dev85

indie_dev85

Android Native PRO is now available on store but i am not getting any upgrade options.

Can you please add upgrade option from Android native to Android Native PRO.

48. lacost

lacost

@indie_dev85 I can only do it after it released.

I just posted a first updated, since while it was in a review we have fixed and added A LOT of things. I also want to say thank you to everybody who helped me to test the early version.

Also, the upgrade option is now available for all existing users of the Android Native plugin.

49. WangXingZang

WangXingZang

Hello AlexRay
    I am using Stan's assets, but there are some problems in using.
    I think you have to update the guide. Guide is different with package in many fields.
    It occurs many errors.

50. lacost

lacost

unityunity