Search Unity

[Released] Android Native Plugin

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by stanislav-osipov, Sep 20, 2013.

1. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    Let's try to clarify this case.
    It looks like you call ShowInterstitialAd method before any other AndroidAdController Init methods.
    Please, follow this guide to get AdMob Interstitial Ads working for your project.

By the way, did you test our example scene included in the plugin package?
    Please, check it of not. I think, it will be very useful for you.

Cheers!

2. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    Yes, you are on the right way!
    You implement JSON data saving to Google Cloud for your project.

For your second question the situation is following.
    There is an approach to load game saves without showing native UI on the screen.
    Great guide how to implement such an approach you can find here.

Best regards,
    Alex

3. Chintao

Chintao

hey, me again :p

just one (hopefully) simple question:
    i want my players to buy packages of a consumable item, like 500 coins, who they can spend on stuff.
    but i don't want to store the int locally, cause of 2 reasons:
    it can be manipulated, sure i can encrypt it, but then there is still problem 2:
    if the user plays on a different device or had to factory reset, the coins are lost!

can i store them with saved games on google servers? or is there a better method to do it?

thank you!

4. boolean01

boolean01

Hi

I'm trying to get test ads using the Admob API, but it always seems to load live ads. I'm calling AndroidAdMobController.Instance.AddTestDevice("[device number]") after I call Init on the admob controller, but it doesn't seem to work. I had a look at logcat and I don't see any errors, just a message saying "Use AdRequest.Builder.addTestDevice("[device number]") to get test ads on this device".

Any idea why this might not be working? If it works in your project then perhaps its a setting I'm missing.

I'm using Android Native 7.5 and Unity 5.3.1

5. AlexRay

AlexRay

I think, Google Cloud Save will be the great solution for you.

6. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    Please, could you provide more additional information according to this case?

Provide full LogCat log from your Android device.
    Just add Unity and AndroidNative filters to your Eclipse and capture the log from the start of your AdMob Ads requests.
    One good approach is to contact The Stan's Assets Support Team directly.
    You will get great assistance with any issues you have in your project.

Best regards,
    Alex

7. EA-developers

EA-developers

No Answer on supporter e-mail !!!!
    i need to make the purchase by 1.99$ instead of 0.99$ , how that ?

8. Chintao

Chintao

thanks for your answer!
    But it's not working and i don't know why.
    i added the GoogleCloudExample scene to my project, actived the drive API in the Console and in the plugin, but i don't get a result and i don't get any log messages.
    if i try your testapp from the store, it works, so i think i just forgot to enable something somewhere.

9. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    To change purchase you should perform two actions:
    1. Change the price of the purchase in your Google Play Console.
    2. Provide the appropriate price to Android Native Plugin Settings.
    It's really simple. Please, follow these configuration steps on your own.

Cheers!

10. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    It's quite hard for me to help you without any additional information according to this case.
    I think, you just messed up with Google Play Services Settings for your application.
    Please, check this guide one more time and try to follow all the instruction from there.

The best approach is to contact The Stan's Assets Support Team directly via support@stansassets.com
    Provide as more detailed information as you can!
    Android LogCat logs from your device while testing Google Cloud Saves logic, screenshots with your description.
    All this will be helpful in this case. In such a case you will get great feedback as soon as it will be available.

Cheers!

11. Chintao

Chintao

the save game stuff from following link is working:
    https://unionassets.com/android-native-plugin/saved-games-142
    but i thought i could use cloud save from this:
    https://unionassets.com/android-native-plugin/google-cloud-save-150

but this does't work. i thought it would be better to use it, cause i don't need to send a picture and stuff. But maybe i just use it, cause the conflict handling seems a bit easier.

12. AlexRay

AlexRay

Please, use new Google Cloud Saves API from here.
    The old one was deprecated by Google and is no longer supported.

Chintao likes this.
  13. Raptor42

Raptor42

Hello,
    I have an issue with the Google Play Services in the Native Plugin.
    While I tested it multiple times on API 23 device, everything works flawlessly.
    When I test it on API 16 though, it crashes the app after the Unity splash screen and the Google Play Game sign-in attempt.
    I read about it on a couple of forums and it might be an issue with AppOpsManager and UserManager classes being unavailable for devices with API <19. From my understanding, the app wants to display a pop-up, which is supposed to say that Google Play Services on the phone are outdated, but it lacks the proper assets.
    Apparently MultiDex could fix that issue, but it's incompatible with Unity... Do you have any ideas how could I get the app to work properly with these crash issues? It's very unfortunate, because the app would have been already released, if not for that bug.

I'm attaching a part of the LogCat trace
    Code (CSharp):
    1. 03-31 16:52:36.650 13103-13103/com.my.game W/dalvikvm: VFY: unable to resolve static field 4984 (common_google_play_services_notification_ticker) in Lcom/google/android/gms/R$string;
    2. 03-31 16:52:36.650 13103-13103/com.my.game W/dalvikvm: VFY: unable to resolve static field 4956 (common_ic_googleplayservices) in Lcom/google/android/gms/R$drawable;
    3. 03-31 16:52:36.650 13103-13103/com.my.game W/dalvikvm: VFY: unable to resolve static field 4984 (common_google_play_services_notification_ticker) in Lcom/google/android/gms/R$string;
    4. 03-31 16:52:36.680 13103-13103/com.my.game W/dalvikvm: VFY: unable to resolve static field 4989 (common_google_play_services_unknown_issue) in Lcom/google/android/gms/R$string;
    5. 03-31 16:52:36.700 13103-13103/com.my.game E/dalvikvm: Could not find class 'android.os.UserManager', referenced from method com.google.android.gms.common.zze.zzaq
    6. 03-31 16:52:36.700 13103-13103/com.my.game W/dalvikvm: VFY: unable to resolve check-cast 289 (Landroid/os/UserManager;) in Lcom/google/android/gms/common/zze;
    7. 03-31 16:52:36.700 13103-13103/com.my.game E/dalvikvm: Could not find class 'android.app.AppOpsManager', referenced from method com.google.android.gms.common.zze.zzb
    8. 03-31 16:52:36.700 13103-13103/com.my.game W/dalvikvm: VFY: unable to resolve check-cast 26 (Landroid/app/AppOpsManager;) in Lcom/google/android/gms/common/zze;
    9. 03-31 16:52:36.700 13103-13103/com.my.game W/dalvikvm: VFY: unable to resolve virtual method 565: Landroid/content/pm/PackageManager;.getPackageInstaller ()Landroid/content/pm/PackageInstaller;
    10. 03-31 16:52:36.710 13103-13103/com.my.game E/GooglePlayServicesUtil: The Google Play services resources were not found. Check your project configuration to ensure that the resources are included.
    11. 03-31 16:52:37.080 13103-13103/com.my.game W/dalvikvm: VFY: unable to resolve virtual method 10825: Landroid/view/View;.getDisplay ()Landroid/view/Display;
    12. 03-31 16:52:37.080 13103-13103/com.my.game W/PopupManager: You have not specified a View to use as content view for popups. Falling back to the Activity content view. Note that this may not work as expected in multi-screen environments

14. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    Are you sure this issue is related to Google Play Services version on the Android device?
    Please, try to update Google Play Games application on your phone to the latest one and retest the application.

Anyway, you will be able to build your application with older plugin version, which contains older Google Play Services version.
    Please, keep me updated on the status of this case.
    I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
    Alex

15. mimminito

mimminito

16. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    I added the functionality you described to the feature requests.
    This feature will be available in following plugin update.
    Please, keep looking forward to future updates.

Cheers!

17. flatpastel

flatpastel

@AlexRay I cannot find Google Mobile Ad in my Unity. I've opened Window, but no Google Mobile Ad. Where can i find it? I want to setup my ads.
    Thanks

18. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    Did you import the Google Mobile Ads plugin into your project?

Check your Unity Console for any kind of compilation errors also.
    Please, could you provide me the screenshot of your project from Unity with Extensions folder opened?
    I'll be able to check do you have Google Mobile Ads plugin in your project at all.

Best regards,
    Alex

19. flatpastel

flatpastel

Is it have to import Google Mobile Ad Plugin too? I've import the Android Native Plugin. At the bundles said that Google Mobile Ad included.

20. AlexRay

AlexRay

In a case of Android Native there is NO Editor Settins available for AdMob configuration.
    All the IDs and other settings should be provided from the C# code side.

Please, take a look at GoogleAdExample Unity scene included into plugin package.
    This scene contains AdMob sample. It will be really helpful for you in this case.

21. flatpastel

flatpastel

oh okay thank you.. i'll try

22. Chintao

Chintao

aaaand me again:
    i need some help and suggestion!
    i am thinking about releasing my game for iOS too. So obviously, i can't use Google billing. But i can use Google play games features, right?
    what i use from the plugin:
    - Turn Based Multiplayer
    - Google Save Games
    - Leaderboard

All 3 things should work on iOS too, right? Are there changes i have to make? What other in Game purchase Solution i can use for android and iOS?

Thanks for your help!

23. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    For purchases in iOS platform, you should use Apple In-App Billing, Google In-App Billing works only for Android platform.

With Turn-Based Multiplayer, Saved Games and Leaderboards for iOS platform, the situation is following.
    Our Google Play Services for iOS plugin is outdated for now and, unfortunately, is no longer supported.
    Great common feature for iOS is GameCenter. More detailed information about GameCenter supported features you can find here.
    All this functionality is supported in another iOS Native plugin.
    It contains Turn-Based Multiplayer, Cloud Saves and Leaderboards features as well.

If you need some sort of cross-platform API both for Android and iOS platform, please, take a look at Ultimate Mobile plugin.
    Plugin documentation you can find here.

Please, take a look at the documentation I provided for you.
    I think, it will be really helpful for you!

Best regards,
    Alex

24. Chintao

Chintao

so with this plugin i can't release it on iOS?
    if i want to use Google Play Games on Android and iOS (so iphone user can play against android user) there is no plugin?
    Ultimate Mobile Plugin uses different Game services so they can't play together?
    is there any way they can play together?
    sorry for annoying you, but i had nothing to do with iOS before.
    thank you for your time

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  25. AlexRay

AlexRay

Let me explain one more time.
    For Google Play Services on Android platform, we have Android Native.
    With the iOS platform Game Center APIs are in use for all the same functionality.
    Game Center is native approach for iOS, not Google Play Services.

Unfortunately, there is no way to use Google Play Services both on iOS and Android.
    Ultimate Mobile use unified API for Android and iOS.
    For Android native Google Play Services will be in use, Game Center for iOS.
    I can provide you any integration guide you need about Play Services with Ultimate Mobile.

If you have any additional questions - feel free to ask me.
    Have a nice day!

26. slava_pankratov

slava_pankratov

Hi! I have an error when i try to open native popups
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.androidnative.popups.PopUpsManager
    i use min lvl api 12. any idea? thank you

27. RoyalCoder

RoyalCoder

Hi Alex,

I have a question for you, I'm using ANP Camera Library, what I want to achieve is this, take a photo (worked), save the photo and location via PlayerPrefs, the problem is on next run I need to load the picture from saved location, how can make it work...? Thanks!

28. dreamriver

dreamriver

Hello everyone,
    I'm new to Unity and my English is not good. I cannot run admob with android native pluggin. I get a Merge error.
    I hope I have to delete some manifest data but I don't know which to delete.
    Native pluggin works well by itself. When I import GoogleMobileAdds.unity package I can not built my project. The errors are below. Thank you.

UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()Error: [Temp\StagingArea\AndroidManifest-main.xml:36, C:\Users\Public\Documents\Unity Projects\admobvestan\Temp\StagingArea\android-libraries\GoogleMobileAdsPlugin\AndroidManifest.xml:12] Trying to merge incompatible /manifest/application/activity[@name=com.google.android.gms.ads.AdActivity] element:

UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()Error: [Temp\StagingArea\AndroidManifest-main.xml:6, C:\Users\Public\Documents\Unity Projects\admobvestan\Temp\StagingArea\android-libraries\GoogleMobileAdsPlugin\AndroidManifest.xml:10] Trying to merge incompatible /manifest/application/meta-data[@name=com.google.android.gms.version] element:

UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()UnityEditor.Android.AndroidSDKTools.RunCommandSafe (System.String javaExe, System.String sdkToolsDir, System.String[] sdkToolCommand, Int32 memoryMB, System.String workingdir, UnityEditor.Android.WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg)UnityEditor.Android.AndroidSDKTools.RunCommandInternal (System.String javaExe, System.String sdkToolsDir, System.String[] sdkToolCommand, Int32 memoryMB, System.String workingdir, UnityEditor.Android.WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg)UnityEditor.Android.Command.Run (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo psi, UnityEditor.Android.WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg)]stdout[]++ @android:value="@Integer/google_play_services_version"> @android:name="com.google.android.gms.version" <meta-data-- @android:value="8487000"> @android:name="com.google.android.gms.version" <meta-dataError: [Temp\StagingArea\AndroidManifest-main.xml:6, C:\Users\Public\Documents\Unity Projects\admobvestan\Temp\StagingArea\android-libraries\GoogleMobileAdsPlugin\AndroidManifest.xml:10] Trying to merge incompatible /manifest/application/meta-data[@name=com.google.android.gms.version] element:++</activity>++ @android:theme="@android:style/Theme.Translucent">++ @android:name="com.google.android.gms.ads.AdActivity" <activity--(end reached)--</activity>-- @android:name="com.google.android.gms.ads.AdActivity"> <activityError: [Temp\StagingArea\AndroidManifest-main.xml:36, C:\Users\Public\Documents\Unity Projects\admobvestan\Temp\StagingArea\android-libraries\GoogleMobileAdsPlugin\AndroidManifest.xml:12] Trying to merge incompatible /manifest/application/activity[@name=com.google.android.gms.ads.AdActivity] element:stderr[C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_71\bin\java.exe -Xmx2048M -Dcom.android.sdkmanager.toolsdir="C:\AndroidSDK\tools" -Dfile.encoding=UTF8 -jar "C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer/Tools\sdktools.jar" -CommandInvokationFailure: Unable to merge android manifests. See the Console for more details.

]stdout[]++ @android:value="@Integer/google_play_services_version"> @android:name="com.google.android.gms.version" <meta-data-- @android:value="8487000"> @android:name="com.google.android.gms.version" <meta-dataError: [Temp\StagingArea\AndroidManifest-main.xml:6, C:\Users\Public\Documents\Unity Projects\admobvestan\Temp\StagingArea\android-libraries\GoogleMobileAdsPlugin\AndroidManifest.xml:10] Trying to merge incompatible /manifest/application/meta-data[@name=com.google.android.gms.version] element:++</activity>++ @android:theme="@android:style/Theme.Translucent">++ @android:name="com.google.android.gms.ads.AdActivity" <activity--(end reached)--</activity>-- @android:name="com.google.android.gms.ads.AdActivity"> <activityError: [Temp\StagingArea\AndroidManifest-main.xml:36, C:\Users\Public\Documents\Unity Projects\admobvestan\Temp\StagingArea\android-libraries\GoogleMobileAdsPlugin\AndroidManifest.xml:12] Trying to merge incompatible /manifest/application/activity[@name=com.google.android.gms.ads.AdActivity] element:stderr[C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_71\bin\java.exe -Xmx2048M -Dcom.android.sdkmanager.toolsdir="C:\AndroidSDK\tools" -Dfile.encoding=UTF8 -jar "C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer/Tools\sdktools.jar" -Error building Player: CommandInvokationFailure: Unable to merge android manifests. See the Console for more details.

29. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    You have AndroidManifest.xml files merging problems.
    The best approach is to contact The Stan's Assets Support Team directly via support@stansassets.com
    You will get the best assistance in a short time and all the issues with your project will be fixed.

Cheers!

30. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    Did you install the Android Native plugin at all?
    Please, check it. It looks like you didn't.

Go to Window->Stan's Assets->Android Native-> Edit Settings and make sure that the plugin is installed and all the configuration is correct.

Cheers!

31. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    With Android Native plugin you will be able to capture image from the camera.
    Get user Location you will be able with Unity Location API.

I have following advice for you for image/location saving to PlayerPrefs.
    You may save the serialized image to PlayerPrefs as a string.
    The user location should be saved as a string also.
    Every time you need to display an image, you should load it back from the PlayerPrefs and convert (actually deserialize) it to Texture2D. Be aware, serialize/deserialize operation should take some time, it's not so easy for performance.
    I think, it will be easiest approach for your case.

Best regards,
    Alex

32. slava_pankratov

slava_pankratov

Hi Alex, I press reinstall plugin https://gyazo.com/8744b3de386afb333884878fa64e9348 but it didn't help.
    I use inapps, google analytics, facebook login - its ok, but popusp do not work. java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.androidnative.popups.PopUpsManager everytime when i called popups

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  33. Skatola

Skatola

I have a problem with the captured image from the camera.
    If in the editor i select "save image as thumbnail", the Image.path result null, but i need the save path to retrieve the full img : (

34. AlexRay

AlexRay

I think you have some issues with plugin native JAR libraries.
    Please, replace Assets/Plugins/Android/androidnative.jar library in your project with the library from the attachment of this post.
    Just change the file extension from .txt to .jar, rebuild and retest your project.

If any issues will take place, please, contact Stan's Assets Support Team for assistance.

Cheers!

Attached Files:

35. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,

If you select Camera Capture Mode = Thumbnail, your photo images thumbnail from the camera will not be saved to the Gallery at all.
    As a result, there will not be any image path in a callback result.
    You will just get a thumbnail, the full-size photo will NOT be saved to Gallery under the hood.

There is an option to save the thumbnail Texture2D from Unity using following API
    If you will need to save thumbnail image to your Gallery, refer to this API.

36. slava_pankratov

slava_pankratov

Now it's work! Thank you!

37. Skatola

Skatola

so there is no way to pick a camera shot as a thumbnail in the app and save the full img in the device? this will solve a lot of memory problem on pick image..why i can't do that T_T
    (oh AlexRay you said to me the plugin don't save the img in the device if i pick the img as a thumb even with "save into the gallery", this is not true it save my img correctly in the device, just don't give me the path T_T maybe it's a bug..but would be an awesome bug if i can retrieve that path!

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  38. AlexRay

AlexRay

There is Max Loaded Image Size option in Android Native Setting.
    The value of this option is the maximum resolution in pixels for the loaded full-size photo.
    Tweak it according to your project requirements. It should be very useful option for your case.

Cheers!

39. dude4004

dude4004

I installed this plugin into my project, did all the steps to make works Google Play Services.
    All I'm trying is to connect to google play

public void GooglePlayConnect()
    {
    GooglePlayConnection.ActionConnectionResultReceived += ActionConnectionResultReceived;
    GooglePlayConnection.Instance.Connect ();
    }

private void ActionConnectionResultReceived(GooglePlayConnectionResult result) {
    if(result.IsSuccess) {
    CurStatusCode = "Connected!";
    } else {
    //Debug.Log("Connection failed with code: " + result.code.ToString());
    CurStatusCode = "Connection failed with code: " + result.code.ToString();
    }
    }

CurStatusCode keep saying error 10002.
    I've modified the manifest with my own info. I don't know what to do.
    I've been testing this for 1 week. If anyone has seen this.

Best regards,

40. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    I can see, that you have some issues with Google Play Services with your project.
    The error code is pretty generic kind of error. More detailed information required for further investigation.
    The best approach is to provide me LogCat logs from your Android device.
    Great guide how to capture LogCat logs you can find here.
    Just add Unity and AndroidNative filters to your Eclipse and capture the logs.

Anyway, you should not edit your AndroidManifest.xml file manually.
    All the needed tags and values will be merged into your main AndroidManifest.xml file automatically.
    That's how Android Native Settings Inspector window works.

My advice for you is to contact The Stan's Assets Support Team directly via support@stansassets.com
    You will get great assistance with your case in a short time.

Best regards,
    Alex

41. dude4004

dude4004

Ok thanks, I'll do that for the LogCat.
    I modified ids.xml with all my ressources so I could see my app_id correctly with all the achievement_id too.

I've contacted support@stanassets.com 2x time already, but had this answer.

Hello,
    You can read about it in our manuals. And we have example scene, just build it and look into the code.
    Let me know about the result.
    Cheers!

42. dude4004

dude4004

43. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    I inspected the LogCat logs you provided and have the following conclusion.
    You have INTERNAL_ERROR Google Play Services Connection Result.
    The description from Google Documentation is pretty poor.
    Please, double check all the Google Developer Console Settings for your application and Google Play Services.
    All the IDs should be correct in Android Native Settings Inspector window.
    You should have at least beat version of your application uploaded to Google Play to be able to test Google Play Services functionality.

Please, could you provide me full LogCat logs from your Android device without any filters?
    Just unfiltered LogCat log with the same Google Play Services connection moment captured.
    I'll try to find out the reason for such behaviour.

Best regards,
    Alex

44. DOCSKI_GAMES

DOCSKI_GAMES

Hello,
    I've purchased your plugin however I cannot get ads to show, even in your example scene.
    I think I have everything setup correctly and it even shows the temp ad in unity but on device, nothing is shown, I just get the following message:
    "AN: Using proxy for class: com.androidnative.gms.ad.ANMobileAd method:Bridge_LoadInterstitialAd"

I am running it on a mobile device and I even tried with ad IDs of a game that I know is working fine.

I am using Unity 5.3.4f1

Help would be appreciated

45. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    Please, capture the moments, when you call LoadInterstitial method.

Also, you can test Interstitial Ads using our sample scene.
    Please, try it on your own and share the results with me.

Cheers!

46. Chintao

Chintao

Hi Alex.
    When i log into google play games and then lose connection (i turned on Airplane mode for testing) i still get GooglePlayConnection.Instance.IsConnected as true. same for "GooglePlayConnection.State" it comes back with "connected".
    Why? Is there another way to check the connection status, which is accurate?

edit: even if i try to login without internet, i get a success-result? why?

Last edited: May 12, 2016
  47. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    Google Play Services support offline login mode.
    E.g. you have successfully logged in Google Play Servicers game session.
    The very next time you are trying to login without the internet connection.
    As a result, you will be logged in successfully because offline login Google Play Services feature.
    I think, you will be able to unlock the achievements in offline mode.
    With the leaderboards, the situation is not so good. Most likely you will not crash your application, but you will receive
    NETWORK_ERROR as a result.

That's not the plugin guideline, that's the Google Play Services normal flow.
    You will be able to find some description about the offline mode in Google documentation on your own.

Best regards,
    Alex

48. Chintao

Chintao

Hey thanks for your reply!
    Then i have to think about a solution. Need the correct connection info for the turn based multiplayer and the save game stuff.

49. slava_pankratov

slava_pankratov

50. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    Please, capture the moments, when you call ScheduleLocalNotification method.

Also, you can test Local Notifications using our sample scene.
    Please, try it on your own and share the results with me.

Cheers!