Search Unity

[Released] Android Native Plugin

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by stanislav-osipov, Sep 20, 2013.

1. chiphuc113

chiphuc113

Hi everyone,

I'm have a question a bout use Android Native Plugin to login in facebook. My problem is here:

1. I login to app facebook native by nick "A" and in my game i was login by nick "A".

2. I logout nick "A" out of the app facebook native and login by a nick "B".

3. Then in my game I login to game again, but my game is still login by nick "A".

Have anyone can help me with this issue.

2. Cromfeli

Cromfeli

Great asset!

How do I format the push notification on GCM? I only get "title" to be visible on the notification and the subtitle and message are not shown within the pull down menu.

is there any kind of reference on the notification formatting and why on the local notification there can be text on two lines bu for some reason on the push notification only the content of "title" is shown?

Any help would be appreciated!

Edit: I got the answer: So replace "message" with "alert" and the text will be visible under the "title" on the push notification. Great support from the author!

Last edited: May 15, 2015
  3. ermak86

ermak86

Hello,
    How I can know when user is clicked at "Ad banner"? And can I make for example - if user click on banner, 10 gold in-game currency will be added to game profile?

hakankaraduman likes this.
  4. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    Yes, AndroidNative plugin give you access for every field of in-app purchase from the following data structure

Code (JavaScript):
    1. '{
    2.   "orderId":"12999763169054705758.1371079406387615",
    3.   "packageName":"com.example.app",
    4.   "productId":"exampleSku",
    5.   "purchaseTime":1345678900000,
    6.   "purchaseState":0,
    7.   "developerPayload":"bGoa+V7g/yqDXvKRqq+JTFn4uQZbPiQJo4pf9RzJ",
    8.   "purchaseToken":"opaque-token-up-to-1000-characters"
    9. }'

5. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    Features you requested in case 1 and 2 will be implemented and included in following plugin updates.

According case 3. I'll advice you to contact directly Stan's Assets Support Team - stans.assets@gmail.com
    You will get your support as soon as possible.

6. Russel

Russel

Hi Stan,

we want to integrate a rematch button for RTM matches. The player should simply hit a button to re-invite the other player. We do tried to do this by leaving the current room and open a new one with the function GooglePlayRTM.instance.FindMatch(1, 1, OtherPlayerIdToInvite).
    The player who invites the other player seems to get connected to the new room as he gets to the status ROOM_STATUS_ACTIVE.
    However the invited player doesn't get there. He receives the invitation and we let him accept the invitation but he gets stuck in the room status ROOM_STATUS_AUTO_MATCHING.
    I attached the logcats of both players. As you can see the invited player gets an data leak exception, maybe this is the cause of the problem?

The normal way with GooglePlayRTM.instance.FindMatch(1, 1) or GooglePlayRTM.instance.OpenInvitationBoxUI(1, 1) works just fine. The invitation accept handling is also the same...

7. Cromfeli

Cromfeli

Has anyone got the plugin to work with Push Notifications so that they can set custom sound and custom icon? For me the Local Notificaitons works perfectly fine. But for the PN I can only set one of the example icons, none of my custom ones even when all import settings and 32bit android compliance is met. It just replaces the custom icon with Unity template icon (when displayed on device notification bar). For the sound I have not been able to find any way to reproduce custom sound how it works for LN. The sound simply uses the devices default notification sound.

For the icon, if I change the name of the icon "share_icon" to "share_icontest" it stop from working. Even if I change the name back it does not work anymore. Now I can only use "androidIcon" from the texture folder, any other icon only shows Unity default template icon. So I assume it is not related to the picture format of texture or others but some systematic problem in the code. I may be wrong. And for the icon it is the same problem, on LN it works just fine with my custom icon, but on PN nothing works. :(

Any hint of where to attack the problem would be really nice. I sent plugin author complete logcat for the problem but have not yet got any answers.

Attached full logcat of LN with icon and sound and PN where they dont work.

Edit: Found some advice to use MP3 file but it did not solve the problem ( http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8801122/set-notification-sound-from-assets-folder ).

Edit2: Trying to dig into the source code to understand where things can go wrong. No luck so far.

Looks way different than for example: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8801122/set-notification-sound-from-assets-folder

Anyone proficient with Android know if there is problem? Based on this advice I am not sure: http://tinyurl.com/pe3f4rm

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 28, 2015
  8. dCoding

dCoding

Can anyone get ResetAllAchievements() or ResetAchievement(string achievementId) to work? I am using version 6.4, and although I can unlock and display my achievements without problems, resetting them (for testing purposes) just doesn't work.

I have tried both reset methods followed by calling LoadAchievements() to refresh the cache, and even deleted the app and reinstalled it - only to find that all previously earned achievements are still there! It's not just my code - the PlayServiceExample scene reset methods also do nothing.

As a workaround, I can reset individual achievements in the Google Developer Console, but it would be nice if I could do this from code (including being able to reset them all).

9. sandeepsmartest

sandeepsmartest

Hi dCoding,
    I have used ResetAllAchievements and were working fine for me.
    Try to follow below steps ,which will help you to Reset Achivements
    1.Call ResetAllAchievements() under a button click
    2.Wait for a momment if your device is connected with system just have a look at the log cat which will help you to figure out the issues/warnings/errors
    3.Go to app manager in the setting menu
    4.Force stop your app and clear data
    5.Re-launch the game and try to unlock atleast one achievement and open the achievements ui
    Note:As stan already Stated in Dialog Box that this achievements gets updated only when you interact with atleast one achievements once.
    If you are still facing difficulties, try to send log cat which can help you/all/forum members in resolving issue
    Hope this may help you.
    Thank you.

dCoding likes this.
  10. Hazlo

Hazlo

Just to add to the people having problems with the Google Play connection after an ANP update, please check that there are no files of the kind "* 1.txt" in the ANP's assets folders. When Unity updates plugin, I don't know why, but sometimes it creates such files for the new JARs of Google Play Services etc., and when you update the plugin and/or reinstall it, it only copies old versions of such files, so it won't work properly (hangs, exceptions when connecting). That's why we can read Stan saying that it is all tested and working and we can't make it to work! Unity messes up files when updating the plugin...

dCoding likes this.
  11. Hazlo

Hazlo

Ups, one more thing. This is for Stan: as of version 6.5 (and possibly before), we don't need to include Google Cloud Save, but if we don't enable it, an exception is thrown when connecting, saying that we lack the entry "com.google.android.gms.appstate.APP_ID" in the manifest. If we enable this option, then the entry is automatically included and everything is fine. It didn't happen some versions ago...

12. dCoding

dCoding

Hi sandeepsmartest, and thank you very much for taking the time to post and try to help with my problem.

I did follow your instructions, but unfortunately they did not help. However, the good news is that Stan has just released version 6.5 of his plugin and now reset achievements (individually or all) works perfectly - thanks Stan!

I am not sure why they were working for you and not for me previously, but upgrading to 6.5 with no other code changes fixed it for me so I am very happy. :) Thanks again for trying to help though.

13. Nicolas1212

Nicolas1212

14. McMark

McMark

Any news for the problems with the Google Play connection after an ANP update 6.5?
    After upgrade the login not functions :(

MrEsquire likes this.
  15. ppg

ppg

updated to new version
    imported into working project all seems fine
    for a few days
    then exported to device fps drooped to 4 fps from normally 40 fps plus

i almost messed up my game trying to increase speed because i thought
    i done something wrong in my code and had a memory leak
    this was my understanding for days and was lucky not to completely destroy my game

until i deleted
    extension file and facebook file also stans asset
    i left the plugin folder because unityad was using it
    but basically uninstalled android native plugin 80% of it
    still had facebook settings in option for sdk etc..

after uninstalling android native plugin my game went back to normal speed

someone here already highlighted this issues but was told its not a android native plugin error

i am 100% when i install the plugin my game becomes unplayable because i get 4 fps max from normally
    40 fps plus

this is beyond frustration its very annoying
    i can not use the plugin with the current game speed issue

please please please help

16. Spidyy

Spidyy

I'm hesitating to buy Android Native, because I also need iOS Native for the iOS part. How do they interact between each other? Is there some known conflict or can I just use the one I need depending on the Application.platform value?

17. ppg

ppg

SeriouSerg

Hello!

Does anyone have problems with performance?
    I just installed the plugin and have 10 fps drop in my project. I'm not using any functionality of the plugin, just installed and build. Any ideas?

18. mechanicalpig

mechanicalpig

I am having a weird problem when trying to connect to google play services, basically logging in only works sometimes.

Sometimes it will work fine I can log in and show leader boards and achievements other times when I try to login the OnApplicationPause method gets called and the connection state is STATE_CONNECTING but nothing happens the app will just hang.

If I press the physical back key on the phone the app will wake up again but then the state is always STATE_CONNECTING and it is impossible to get out of that state even if I try to connect or disconnect to google play.

Does anyone have any ideas why it works sometimes but not others?

MrEsquire likes this.
  19. KimNulbo

KimNulbo

Me too

20. Hazlo

Hazlo

For all those who are suffering the connection bug, please read my previous post about it, because we were getting mad at it for weeks, and it turned out that it was Unity package updater that made weird decisions and messed some files from older versions with some files with newer versions... Dunno if it could be related to meta files and/or SVN or not, but if you happen to be affected by this problem, you'll see some files with the " 1" added in the plugin's folder. Delete the old ones and rename the " 1" ones to take out the space and the number "1", click Reinstall in the plugin settings and build. Voilà!

21. JSas

JSas

I have deleted all plugin files, reinstalled new version, but problem still exists - sometimes I couldn't log in. What else can I check?

22. mechanicalpig

mechanicalpig

Thanks for taking the time to reply but the problems I was having was with an install that hadn't been updated.

So I updated to the latest version and now when I try to connect the connection always fails with the error code CANCELED.

I havent been able to find any files ending in " 1".

I will investigate further and report backin this thread.

MrEsquire likes this.
  23. Hazlo

Hazlo

I'm sorry to hear this. We had the same problem (hang when connecting, with Back button "unhanging" but without connecting to Play) and it got fixed when we realized that some files were mixed up (ANP jar were new and GP Services jar were old). For JSas: we also deleted the plugin files and re-updated, but somehow Unity still left files with the " 1" and the problem persisted until we manually renamed such files. Previously we reported to Stan but I think he couldn't reproduce the problem.
    Now everything works fine for us. Then, the only thing I can think of is that you try with a "quirk" that some user found in this same thread two or three pages ago: call the connection code not in Start but in Update, with a previous delay of 200ms. He says it worked for him...
    Please report your progress in this thread so all users can find out what's happening. Thank you and good luck.

MrEsquire likes this.
  24. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    In Android Native v6.5 custom icons/sounds logic for local/push notification is the same as in previous version.
    All records in Android device log you provided are fine. There are no warnings/errors messages.

It looks like you are messed up with icons/sounds resource for custom local/push notifications. Please, check your Android Native Plugin settings in your project.
    Also check that all resources for notification icons/sounds are exists and included in build for Android. You can even unzip .apk file and check resources existence.

Please, tell me what Unity version do you use?
    What Android SDK version do you use for build?

If the issue still exists - I would recommend you to contact Stan's Assets support directly - stans.assets@gmail.com
    You will get support as soon as possible.

Best regards.

25. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    I am pretty sure, that this issue with your project is not related with Android Native Plugin functionality.

I would recommend you to check your project build settings to clarify this case.
    If you need help with this situation - contact Stan's Assets Support team directly.

Best regards.

26. AlexRay

AlexRay

Android Native and iOS Native Plugins are fully compatible.
    You may successfully import Android Native and iOS Native plugin in one project and have functionality both of them.

If you are looking for some unified APIs for Android and iOS platforms, Ultimate Mobile plugin may be interesting for you.
    At first I would recommend you to check Ultimate Mobile plugin documentation to be sure that's exactly what you need.
    You can find great documentation with use case samples here.

27. AlexRay

AlexRay

To get your project works and fix issues with Google Play connection you should definitely contact Stan's Assets Support team.
    Most likely you should be requested to provide some LogCat logs from your device or sample game scene with issue you described.

Anyway, I recommend you to check your Android Native Plugin settings (especially your app IDs), Google Play Console settings and build you project with correct keystore.

Best regards.

28. CoderPro

CoderPro

Could you support Share Line like Share Facebook or Twitter ?

29. mechanicalpig

mechanicalpig

Thanks for your reply; I haven’t changed anything in my project apart from updating the plugin and then updating the app id and other resources in the manifest.

I was then able to upload the new apk to google play so if there was a problem with the app id or keycode as I understand it google play would not have let me upload the new build.

I will give myself another few days to try and solve this problem then I will contact support.

Do you or anyone else in this thread have any idea what sort of errors could cause the Connection CANCELED error? I have looked online and there are not many reports of this error.

Checking the google play support page there are only two situations when this error is returned

The connection was canceled. This is returned in two situations:

Constant Value: 13

In the first case I am not calling disconnect anywhere in my code that would cause a problem, and in the second case the user has no chance to cancel the connection manually.

30. Grafos

Grafos

Thanks Hazio, this really did the trick for me.
    For everyone that is still struggling with the connection issue, this is how I fixed it in my case, hopefully it's the same for everyone:

Go to "Assets/Plugins/StansAssets/Android". If there is androidnative1, delete androidnative and rename androidnative1 to androidnative.

Go to "Assets/Plugins/StansAssets/Android/google_play" and do as above to the files an_googleplay1 and google-play-services1

From the top menu, go to Android Native - Edit Settings
    Press Reinstall

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
    Hazlo likes this.
  31. Grafos

Grafos

Don't worry about having Android Native files in both Plugins/Android and Plugins/StansAssets/Android. I've had them too, long before this update, and although I often wonder if they are redundant, they don't affect the issue at hand.

32. Hazlo

Hazlo

Glad it helped! You detailed the solution much better than I did. That's exactly what needs to be done (at least in our case): delete/rename both files and Reinstall.

Thanks for sharing it :)

Grafos likes this.
  33. RoyalCoder

RoyalCoder

Hello Stan,
    I wonder if we can use ANP to get “check MCC/MNC” on mobile phones ?
    Thanks !

34. njwm

njwm

Hi,
    I had the same problem than you, here is what I did to fix it until they update the asset :
    "I found a solution to my freezing problem. I was calling this line GooglePlayConnection.instance.connect(); in the Start() function. So, I moved it in Update() and I call it after a delay of 200 ms and it works fine, no more freezing (Don't forget to have a flag to make sure you don't call the connect() every frame)."

NSquared
    Sentinel (free) : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ca.nsquared.clayhunterlite

MrEsquire, dCoding and Hazlo like this.
  35. dCoding

dCoding

Same problem here; thanks for your fix!

36. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Maybe Stan can look into this and check out the asset...

Hazlo likes this.
  37. petediddy

petediddy

Is anyone else having an issue with the native sharing w screenshot not working? When I run the SocialSharing example scene on my devices, the Share Screenshot button doesn't open the share options available on device... however, when I hit the Share Text button in the scene, I get all the share options correctly. Any ideas why no share options open for me on the Share Screenshot button? I emailed support about it yesterday but no response yet.

38. petediddy

petediddy

Does anyone else get the warning "OBSOLETE - Providing Android resources in Assets/Plugins/Android/res is deprecated, please move your resources to an Android Library. ..."

I have some sporadic Google Play connection issues, similar to others on this thread, and wondering if maybe this is related? My issues seem to have improved by following the advice to delete duplicate files and rename the " 1" versions and reinstall (as suggested previously), and to call the GooglePlayConnection.instance.connect() function in Update using a coroutine to delay 0.2 seconds after the call. Also, I was missing Google Drive API (removed it early on but then added it back after first attempts with the plugin failed... although Google Dev Console didn't recognize it had been added back, so had to add it manually). However, still noticing that sometimes the connection doesn't work and the app hangs on loading scene until back button pressed (probably 10-20% of the time). I've checked my setup, my SHA1 certificates, everything I can think of... (although if it works 80-90% of the time, things appear to be setup correctly?) BUT still doesn't connect sometimes and just hangs... seems to happen more frequently if I launch the app directly from the installer after installation, than if I close the installer and launch from the app icon after installation. Just hoping for a better solution...

39. petediddy

petediddy

Quick update on my Google Play connection issue - hopefully this will help others. Support team answered back to my email and said I maybe was overloading the system at application start and to try giving more delay after calling connect(). I inserted a 1 second delay immediately after calling GooglePlayConnection.instance.connect() and now it works every time. Maybe less than 1 second would work, but in my case it seems to be enough time and the app does not hang on loading any more.

40. Grafos

Grafos

Does your game pause briefly when it connects, with the music abruptly stopping and the android back/home/task switch buttons making a brief appearance? Your workaround has not fixed this for me.

41. Skatola

Skatola

I have the same issue as this user, i really appreciate to know what do u suggest to him for solve that, help!

EDIT: Solved!
    just another question: my notification icon appear zoomed, no subtitle and message inside of it, just title, and i want to avoid multiple notifications, any suggestion? thank you!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  42. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Im using the latest build, but each time I connect to Google Play services, I get

"Connection Failed" popup = CANCELED
    then "Connection Failed" popup = SIGN_IN_REQUIRED

I click ok, but then the user still logs into the game services and all is ok, he can view scoreboard and achievements, this some kind of false message or not, not sure. Is this issue everyone else having?

Thing is I used Script:

privatevoidActionConnectionResultReceived(GooglePlayConnectionResultresult)
    {
    if(result.IsSuccess)

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  43. BenoitFreslon

BenoitFreslon

Hello, I go an issue with the Local notification.
    When I want to cancel all notifications with

Code (CSharp):
    1. AndroidNotificationManager.instance.CancelAllLocalNotifications ();
    Code (CSharp):
    1. I/Unity   (15295): Unit
    3. I/Unity   (15295): FormatException: Invalid character found.
    5. I/Unity   (15295):   at System.Convert.FromBase64String (System.String s) [0x00023] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/Convert.cs:146
    7. I/Unity   (15295):   at AndroidNotificationManager.LoadPendingNotifications (Boolean includeAll) [0x00062] in /Users/Benoit/Workshop/Projets/Shifumi/Assets/Extensions/AndroidNative/Other/Notifications/AndroidNotificationManager.cs:172
    9. I/Unity   (15295):   at AndroidNotificationManager.CancelLocalNotification (Int32 id, Boolean clearFromPrefs) [0x0000c] in /Users/Benoit/Workshop/Projets/Shifumi/Assets/Extensions/AndroidNative/Other/Notifications/AndroidNotificationManager.cs:71
    11. I/Unity   (15295):   at BtMoreGames.OnMouseUpAsButton () [0x00081] in /Users/Benoit/Workshop/Projets/Shifumi/Assets/Generic/BtMoreGames.cs:44

44. RoyalCoder

RoyalCoder

I got the same behavior @MrEsquire ;) Maybe Stan will fix this in the up coming releases !

MrEsquire likes this.
  45. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Yes for now I just had to remove my script code.
    Tested on number devices and the behavior is not consistent.
    I really hope Stan can find the cause of this error or check if Google has changed something.

46. BenoitFreslon

BenoitFreslon

I got an issue with the Local notifications.

I'm testing the Notifications.unity example but there is no notification after 5 seconds.
    The notifications are enable for the test app.

Code (CSharp):
    1. AN_ProxyPool:CallStatic(String, String, Object[]) (at /Users/Benoit/Workshop/Tests/AndroidNative/Assets/Extensions/GooglePlayCommon/Core/AN_ProxyPool.cs:20)
    2. I/Unity   (21831): AN_NotificationProxy:CallActivityFunction(String, Object[]) (at /Users/Benoit/Workshop/Tests/AndroidNative/Assets/Extensions/GooglePlayCommon/Core/APIBridge/AN_NotificationProxy.cs:9)
    3. I/Unity   (21831): AN_NotificationProxy:ScheduleLocalNotification(AndroidNotificationBuilder) (at /Users/Benoit/Workshop/Tests/AndroidNative/Assets/Extensions/GooglePlayCommon/Core/APIBridge/AN_NotificationProxy.cs:33)
    4. I/Unity   (21831): AndroidNotificationManager:ScheduleLocalNotification(AndroidNotificationBuilder) (at /Users/Benoit/Workshop/Tests/AndroidNative/Assets/Extensions/AndroidNative/Other/Notifications/AndroidNotificationManager.cs:56)

47. eduisfun

eduisfun

In OnRetrievedProducts(), AndroidInAppPurchaseManager.instance.inventory.products is not showing any products, Count is always zero, and thus I am not able to get the price of each IAP. I have two of them setup in the console and am able to purchase them as well. It's only this inventory part that isnt working. Any ideas why?

48. Hazlo

Hazlo

Yeah, that has happened to us from whenever I can recall, no matter what we do. It's ugly and weird. And also having to add a delay after the call to connect sounds like a quirk to me. Developer should fix all these points, as they are really basic (we're talking about the connection itself!).

Grafos likes this.
  49. Skatola

Skatola

my gmc notifications crash every time i receive one of them.
    Logcat says:
    Didn't find class "com.onesignal.GcmBroadcastReceiver" on path: DexPathList
    [[zip file "/data/app/com.ThreeDudes.PhotoTest-2.apk"],nativeLibraryDirectories
    =[/data/app-lib/com.ThreeDudes.PhotoTest-2, /vendor/lib, /system/lib]]

any suggestions? thank you

50. njwm

njwm

try 1 second delay instead of 0.2 seconds