Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Android Native Plugin

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by stanislav-osipov, Sep 20, 2013.

1. daniel-choi

daniel-choi

hm.... Waiting for update...
    game service has been delayed

please ......

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  2. daudau505

daudau505

Hi, have located playmaker action , and was wondering can you add a few more actin for facebook?
    get username, invite?

And I'm confuse on how to complete facebook registration action work. Thank you.

3. RC15

RC15

Hi Stan,

Any news about the login problem in Lollipop with version 6.2 ?!

4. HuikuShih

HuikuShih

Hi Stan:
    I also have the same issue about the signing in with v6.2 while testing in Lollipop. Thing is that my app won't be blocked only for the first time sign in. After that, it blocked every time till you send the app to the background and call it back. This issue blocks me to release my game............. I really need this works.

5. daniel-choi

daniel-choi

hurry up please ....Stan....

6. RC15

RC15

Almost 60% of users got stucked in login process and close the game.
    Huge issue.

7. HuikuShih

HuikuShih

To RC15 and daniel choi

I found a hack could solve login blocking issue.
    find the class file AN_GMSGeneralProxy.cs which is the api bridge class for android native
    and find the function OnApplicationPause(bool isPaused)
    hack it as
    public static void OnApplicationPause(bool isPaused) {
    CallActivityFunction("OnApplicationPause", false);
    }

in this way there's no way to call this function to pause the app
    however, you need to design your own way to wait for sign in process ended.

from the logcat, the login process in v6.2 would die in this function.
    first sign in command won't find resource to sign in, so there's nothing wakes this function up,

So just don't put your app paused while signing in and wait for second retry-connection..
    Though it works for me now, I still think if there's a new fix would be better.

However, a update review from Unity asset store would take long long long time.

RC15 likes this.
  8. -chris

-chris

Thanks Stan, hope this appears in the Unity Asset Store soon!

9. Databases

Databases

Guys, why i get a message "403 Forbidden" when i try to submit a score?

If i'm not wrong, i guess it is my app has no permission for that, but what item should i choose to make a permission for score submission?

10. RC15

RC15

Thanks HuikiShih.
    I'm gonna check your workaround.

Anyway I look forward to waiting for an "official" solution by Stan.
    I guess this is a big issue and the fix should be more quick.
    Because if the player download the game and got stucked.....simply close and uninstall it.
    And if got that user paying ads....you get really angry.

NeoUnity likes this.
  11. -chris

-chris

Looks like Android Native Plugin 6.3.1 (Apr 18, 2015) is on the Asset Store now. I'll try it out soon.

12. Xenerate

Xenerate

I'm getting the most absurd error ever, I'm using the latest version of this plugin and running Unity 5.0.1f1 with a device that is Android 4.4.2 and I get this.
    http://prntscr.com/6vifkx
    The devs are too lazy too actually help me with this problem and it's frustrating me immensely.

13. HuikuShih

HuikuShih

PLUGIN 6.3.1 didn't fix the sign in blocking issue! I'm so down........

14. garraeth

garraeth

Getting the same issue as Xenerate and Huiku Shih. Please help.

15. PeterShoferistov

PeterShoferistov

Still crashes

16. daudau505

daudau505

Can someone confirm that google saved game action for playmaker is not working correctly? Or maybe it's just me?

17. noamgat

noamgat

(Cross posting from ultimate mobile thread, my issues are entirely inside the android native section)

Hi,

I'm using Ultimate Mobile for push notifications for android, and I'm having a few issues with 3.3.1 (and earlier) :
    1 - Even if I use the same "collapse key" for push messages, if I send multiple push messages to a device I see them as many entries in the notification bar of the phone (not in the app, outside of it). Shouldn't they group? How can I do this?

2 - Changing the icon of the push message doesn't affect anything, I still see the generic unity logo as the notification icon. What am I doing wrong?

3 - Even if I deselect the flag "show notification when app in foreground", I still get the vibration + notification when the app is active. Is this a bug or defined behavior?

18. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hey guys sorry, for delay with the fixing, the new version is on the Asset Store, was 100% tested and wrking so please update.

please described it, and I will have a look.

Can you send me the full log please.

We always trying to help our customers as much as we can. But you should understand that plugin it's just an bridje which allows you communicate with the Google API via Unity C#.

In your case Google API returns this error:
    http://developer.android.com/refere...s/common/ConnectionResult.html#INTERNAL_ERROR

From our experience, 100% something wrong with your app set up, problem can be in google play console, or app signing. Since it not the plugin returns error we can not define what exactly was triggering this error for you. And unfortunately google documentation also do not tell much about this issue, we can only share with you our experience what should you try to get rid of it. And in your case the only way is to check all steps once again, I am pretty sure the issue is in the Google Play set up or app siging.

@HuikuShih ,@garraeth ,@PeterShoferistov , @RC15 The v 6.3.1 was tested with another customers and our team. So I can 100% sure you that connection issue is fixed in v 6.3.1 However update from the asset store not always goes right. I would recommend to remove native plugin part and install new update.

P.S. If you have ANY urgent issue, please contact support at stans.assets@gmail.com instead of posting on the forum.
    • I am not always getting forum notifications
    • I can not provide you with updated version here
    • You will get answers and fixed much and much faster if you have contacted support directly
    For exaple if we will return to the google play connect issue, all customers who was contacting the support, got their fixes in few hours. The updated was delayed, and yes it was my bad (honestly I forgot to click and update button and was sure I've posted an update couple days ago, before I noticed version number in the asset store and realised there was no update submitted)

But point is, if we have reported issue like this, we are fixing it as fast as we can, and we always have stable version which can be request by any customer via e-mail, before it appears in the asset store.

Cheers!

19. daudau505

daudau505

Hi,
    I'm not very good at explaining so please bare with me.
    So the problem is that when I try to save a progress. I will get a google UI that says " there are no saved games at this time" with a button that say Save New Game,
    but when I click on the button to save, tt just goes away without saving.

I have enabled save game option and drive api.

I'm successfully login with the google account and able to retrieve leaderboard and achievements.

Thank you!

20. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

What push notification service for Android are you currently using?

1- Sorry, what do you mean by "collapse key"
    2,3 - this is sounds like a bug. But as I sad I need to know what notification service for Android are you currently using, before I can investigate your issue.

@daudau505 may I see your save games implementation code?
    Thanks!

21. daudau505

daudau505

I dont have any script, Im using playmaker action that is included in your package. Did you want to see playmaker state?thanks

22. noamgat

noamgat

I am sending push messages manually using the python 'gcm' package.
    The JSON sent to gcm from the server looks like this :
    {"data": {"data": {"abc": "xyz"}, "message": "Default broadcast message", "alert": "Default broadcast message", "type": "broadcast", "title": "BDM Message"}, "registration_ids": ["....."], "collapse_key": "BDMCollapseKey"}

23. garraeth

garraeth

@lacost, thanks for the info.

Unfortunately for me it was none of that (re: INTERNAL_ERROR #8), so I wanted to posted in case someone else has the same problem I had.

For whatever reason, there were cache and data files left on my actual Android device from a previous install (presumably one that had crashed and left corrupt/locked files on the device???). Simply dragging my game's icon to the uninstall did not remove these files/folders.

I had to actually browse the file system of the device and find all places mentioning my game and delete them. Once I did that, it all worked. Sorry I don't remember all the files/folders -- I was just hunting through the whole file system.

24. Meic

Meic

Hi.
    Any chances for update containing facebook plugin 6.2.2 in the near future?

25. Databases

Databases

How can i submit score to facebook for each level?

26. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    I provided you Unity Demo project with Game Save logic with Play Maker actions of Android Native plugin.
    Link to download this project you will get in private message.
    I think, this sample project will be very useful for you.

If you have any questions according to Stans Assets Plugins, please contact support at stans.assets@gmail.com instead of posting on the forum.

Feel free to ask any info. You are welcome!

Best regards,
    Stans Assets Support Team.

27. njwm

njwm

I updated the Google Play Service app (version 7.3.29) on my devices (on android 4.4 and 5.0) and there is problems connecting to the play services with our games using this asset. My app freeze during the connection, then I can press the android back button but i'm not connected to the play services. Note : I have the last version of the asset 6.3.1

Before that Google Play Service update, there was freezing sometimes, but now, it's almost all the time.

Edit :
    I found a solution to my problem. I was calling this line GooglePlayConnection.instance.connect(); in the Start() function. So, I moved it in Update() and I call it after a delay of 200 ms and it works fine, no more freezing.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
    MrEsquire likes this.
  28. thomas_triplefun

thomas_triplefun

Hi, I have a little question, is it possible to get the ISO country code of the device with the plugin ?
    Thx :)

29. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hey @[Noman] my developer is already looking at your issues, and will contact you shortly.

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience, It's really bad that google does not give any description what is trigered INTERNAL_ERROR #8

Sure it will be included to the next update.

Unforchinatly there is no such possibility in the FB API, FB provides only one global leaderboard.

Pretty weird, will have a look on it.

I believe you can get current country via Unity API
    http://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/SystemLanguage.html

Cheers!

30. thomas_triplefun

thomas_triplefun

Yes thanks, i used it to get ... language ^^ But it's not full for example i can't know if the player is brazilian cause it's return portuguese. I find this native method "Locale.getDefault().getCountry();", I would like to know if you had implemented in your plugin, else I'll find the way to implement it.

Thank you.

31. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

32. Xenerate

Xenerate

Ok so I'm getting really frustrated over the fact that no matter what I do I get the exact same error. I made a blank Unity 5.0.1p2 project on a Windows machine and imported the Android Native plugin. I set-up the ids.xml folder to match my resources from Google Play and then call GooglePlayConnection.instance.connect(); from a script at the start of the game. I build and run the project to my phone running Android 4.4.2 and see the connecting to Google Play screen. I choose an email to sign in with and then click continue, the dialogue disappears and does NOT show a connecting to google play animation at the top which would resemble the connection being successful. This is the logcat.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. 04-30 09:47:27.654: D/AndroidNative(2213): GameClientManager: Creating New GC
    2. 04-30 09:47:27.774: D/AndroidNative(2213): GP::sighIn accountName:null
    3. 04-30 09:47:27.864: D/AndroidNative(2213): Disconnected from play service
    4. 04-30 09:47:27.864: D/AndroidNative(2213): GooglePlaySupportActivity::onStart
    5. 04-30 09:47:27.864: D/AndroidNative(2213): GP::StartSignRequest accountName:null
    6. 04-30 09:47:27.864: D/AndroidNative(2213): Scopes3:GamesAPIAppStateAPIPlusAPI
    7. 04-30 09:47:27.864: D/AndroidNative(2213): Games.API scope added
    8. 04-30 09:47:27.864: D/AndroidNative(2213): Show Connecting Popup: true
    9. 04-30 09:47:27.874: D/AndroidNative(2213): AppStateManager.API scope added
    10. 04-30 09:47:27.874: D/AndroidNative(2213): Plus.API scope added
    11. 04-30 09:47:27.904: D/AndroidNative(2213): Google Play sighIn started
    12. 04-30 09:47:28.814: D/AndroidNative(2213): *************************************************************
    13. 04-30 09:47:28.814: D/AndroidNative(2213): *************************************************************
    14. 04-30 09:47:28.814: D/AndroidNative(2213): *************** GOOGLE PLAY CONNECTION FAILED ***************
    15. 04-30 09:47:28.814: D/AndroidNative(2213): ERROR CODE: 4 ***************
    16. 04-30 09:47:28.814: D/AndroidNative(2213): HAS RESOLUTION: true ***************
    17. 04-30 09:47:28.814: D/AndroidNative(2213): DESCRIBTION: SIGN_IN_REQUIRED - The client attempted to connect to the service but the user is not signed in. The client may choose to continue without using the API or it may call startResolutionForResult(Activity, int) to prompt the user to sign in. After the sign in activity returns with RESULT_OK further attempts to connect should succeed.
    18. 04-30 09:47:28.814: D/AndroidNative(2213): READ MORE: http://developer.android.com/reference/com/google/android/gms/common/ConnectionResult.html
    19. 04-30 09:47:28.814: D/AndroidNative(2213): *************************************************************
    20. 04-30 09:47:28.814: D/AndroidNative(2213): *************************************************************
    21. 04-30 09:47:28.844: D/AndroidNative(2213): GooglePlaySupportActivity::onStart
    22. 04-30 09:47:29.194: D/AndroidNative(2213): GooglePlaySupportActivity::onStop
    23. 04-30 09:47:34.014: D/AndroidNative(2213): GooglePlaySupportActivity::onActivityResult
    24. 04-30 09:47:34.014: D/AndroidNative(2213): GCM::onActivityResultDiconnectCheck
    25. 04-30 09:47:34.094: D/AndroidNative(2213): GooglePlaySupportActivity::onStop
    26. 04-30 09:47:34.094: D/AndroidNative(2213): Skipping Reconnection on start
    27. 04-30 09:47:35.014: D/AndroidNative(2213): GCM::onActivityResult
    28. 04-30 09:47:35.014: D/AndroidNative(2213): result: REQUEST_CODE_RESOLUTION
    29. 04-30 09:47:35.014: D/AndroidNative(2213): onSignInFailed
    30. 04-30 09:51:19.494: D/AndroidNative(2213): Disconnected from play service
    Someone PLEASE help me with this issue, better yet send me a project file for unity with an example of where it CAN connect to Google Play successfully.

33. thomas_triplefun

thomas_triplefun

34. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hello. I understand your frustration, but this kind of issues appearing when something is wrong with your app or GooglePlay set up. And my job would be much easier when google will start to return appropriate issues description. In 50% of cases we are just guessing what was wrong.
    Here is what can I do for you.

1) Try to follow guides from scratch, you are obviously missing something.
    2) If you will not solve your issue, after following guides once again, contact us at stans.assets@gmail.com, send all data requited to set up google play for you. And we will setup it in your project (if you will send it to us) or will make a sample project with your data.

Cheers!

35. MrXee

MrXee

Hello @lacost ,

I've been having a weird behaviour regarding IAP with the 2-3 latest versions of your amazing plugin. Whenever I try to start an IAP, my game no longer tries to prompt me to buy the IAP but rather does nothing and outputs this in logcat:

Code (CSharp):
    1. I/Unity   ( 7369): -1008|null
    2. I/Unity   ( 7369):
    3. I/Unity   ( 7369): (Filename: ./artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebug.gen.cpp Line: 56)
    4. I/Unity   ( 7369):
    5. I/Unity   ( 7369): Purchased Responce: -1008 null
    6. I/Unity   ( 7369):
    7. I/Unity   ( 7369): (Filename: ./artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebug.gen.cpp Line: 56)
    I tried to search about this error but the posts only talk about subscription purchases, and these IAP are just standard Managed products on my developer console.

Do you have any idea what is going on? Back in Unity 4.6 with the older Android Native Plugin (maybe v5.X?) it used to work normally and display a pop-up saying "The publisher cannot purchase [...]". Right now I am Unity 5.0.1 with Android Native Plugin v6.3 and it no longer does anything.

Thank you for any information about this issue,
    Simon

36. Deleted User

Deleted User

Using Unity 4.5.5, native plugin version 6.0 (Ultimate mobile 3.0) used to work fine, but with no changes on our end it stopped working and now freezes on the google play games loading screen.

Ultimate Mobile 3.3.1 is still having the same issues on my Nexus 7 (2012).
    Updated Android SDK to 5.1.1 but no difference either.

My customers are getting angry, any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

37. njwm

njwm

Hi,
    I had the same problem than you, here is what I did to fix it until they update the asset :
    "I found a solution to my freezing problem. I was calling this line GooglePlayConnection.instance.connect(); in the Start() function. So, I moved it in Update() and I call it after a delay of 200 ms and it works fine, no more freezing."

NSquared
    Sentinel (free) : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ca.nsquared.clayhunterlite

MrEsquire likes this.
  38. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hello, sorry about that. there was an issues with UM3.0, please get latest version form the asset store, Problem should be removed. if not (some times there can be updating from asset store issues), please contact the support in this case.

Well, 1008 error description is:
    "-1008:Unknown error/"

So the issue can be in the google play settings. Since if it would plugin issue I got informed about this very quickly.
    It's really hard to suggest something, since google dioes not provide a lot of information about your issue, just saying"Unknown error/" but try this:
    • Make sire base64 key is correct
    • Make sure that bundle versions code is the same as in released version on google play
    • Update android SDK on your machine
    • Check all the setting and try once again

Cheers!

39. Nicolas1212

Nicolas1212

Hi Stan,

I'm having a bit of trouble getting the local notification icon and sound to show up in Unity 5.

I have local notifications set up, with the icon and sound selected in the editor (see images here: http://imgur.com/a/G5piM). I receive the notifications themselves, but the sound doesn't play, and the icon seems to be a basic Unity image.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

The image is imported as a Sprite (through I've tried as a simple Texture), 80x85, png, all settings as default. The sound file is mp3, set to preload, decompress on load, compression format vorbis (default from when the file was copied).

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

40. Nicolas1212

Nicolas1212

[Update] Got the sound working. Still no joy on the image though

41. lavz24

lavz24

Hi,

Im trying to Authenticate with twitter and get OAuth but I cant acces to:
    string AccessToken = AndroidTwitterManager.instance.AccessToken;
    string AccessTokenSecret = AndroidTwitterManager.instance.AccessTokenSecret;

Any guess why the api doestn support that?

42. Nicolas1212

Nicolas1212

[Update 2] OK, figured out why the image wasn't being used. My image name was icn_coinSingleLarge, but when selected, the asset copied to Plugins/Android/res/drawable/ had its name lowercased to icn_coinsinglelarge, *BUT*, when sending the notification, the old name was used, so it wasn't finding the asset

43. denlee0710

denlee0710

Hi,

Is there any support for in app billing receipt validation?

Thanks,
    Dennis

44. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    What do you mean by
    ?

Please, could you describe this scenario more detailed?

45. denlee0710

denlee0710

I meant verifying the signature returned by the store for each transaction using the public key.

Does the plugin do this?

46. AlexRay

AlexRay

The scenario you described is related to iOS platform applications.
    With Android the situation is quite different.

You can use AndroidInAppPurchaseManager API to retrieve product details.
    As a result ALL purchased items (both consumable and non-consumable) will be loaded in products inventory by your request.
    You can get product template and check was the product purchased or not.

So, answer for your question is following - yes, you can get product inventory and check purchased status for every product with AndroidNative Plugin API.
    But to avoid any inconveniences, pay your attention, that in-app purchases inventory mechanism is quite different for Android and iOS platforms.

47. Nicolas1212

Nicolas1212

Hi Stan,

When implementing the locale/country in our app, I found that it just works based of the locale chosen in the phone, so if it doesn't exist, then we can't get it. For example, there's no way to get Argentina, Mexico, or any other country that speaks Spanish, as the Android phones I've tested (Galaxy series) only provide one Spanish selection, so any players from other countries will be lumped into Spain.

Ditto for Canada, because only English (US) and French (France,Belgium,Switzerland) are provided, so we'll only detect either those countries for any Canadian players.

It's also highly subject to the available languages on the phone. For example, the S3 that I test gives English (Ireland), so we can get the country alright, but the S5 only gives English (UK/US).

These two StackOverflow answers seem to give a good idea to build something, with a possible fallback to the locale if all else fails: http://stackoverflow.com/a/19415296/639441 http://stackoverflow.com/a/11872569/639441

Is this something that could see it's way into the plugin? If so, do you have a rough estimate of when? If not, I'll work something else up for our next update.

Thanks

48. Russel

Russel

Hello Stan,

I have some questions to Google Play Games.

1. Could you please expose the function gamesInvitationManager.loadAllInvitations to unity.
    It seems like everything is already in place but the c# methods are missing?

2. Could you please pass a list of playerIds in TurnBasedMultiplayerController.CreateMatch() to invite players without using the native invite dialog?

3. The App crashed after the native Invite Screen on Samsung Galaxy S2 (the reason is the OnApplicationPause() call maybe?)

04-28 10:30:43.518  30421-30421/? E/AndroidRuntime﹕ FATAL EXCEPTION: main
        java.lang.Error: FATAL EXCEPTION [main]
        Unity version    : 5.0.1f1
        Device model      : samsung GT-I9100
        Device fingerprint: samsung/GT-I9100/GT-I9100:4.1.2/JZO54K/I9100XWLSD:user/release-keys
        Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: GoogleApiClient is not connected yet.
                at com.google.android.gms.internal.jx.a(Unknown Source)
                at com.google.android.gms.common.api.c.b(Unknown Source)
                at com.google.android.gms.games.internal.api.TurnBasedMultiplayerImpl.createMatch(Unknown Source)
                at com.androidnative.gms.network.TurnBasedMultiplayerController.ParceTrunBasedResult(TurnBasedMultiplayerController.java:234)
                at com.androidnative.gms.network.TurnBasedMultiplayerController.onActivityResult(TurnBasedMultiplayerController.java:191)
                at com.androidnative.gms.core.GameClientManager.onActivityResult(GameClientManager.java:1106)
                at com.androidnative.gms.core.GooglePlaySupportActivity$1.run(GooglePlaySupportActivity.java:98)
                at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:615)
                at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92)
                at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
                at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4921)
                at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
                at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)
                at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:1027)
                at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:794)
                at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

Best regards

Last edited: May 8, 2015
    Topinambur likes this.
  49. denlee0710

denlee0710

Hi Alex,

I was referring to signature verification after each purchase.

As described at the bottom of this page under section "Securing Your Application", the returned product template contains a signature field (that's also part of the data in your GooglePurchaseTemplate object, passed back from a purchase(...) call), of which you can use your public key to verify and compare with the raw json data to detect any tampering attempt.

Obviously doing this outside of the application would be more secure, but for games without a backend this is a best-effort solutions that can stop most IAB hacking attempts by average users downloading tools from the internet. I was inquiring if the plugin have support for this.

Dennis

50. sandeepsmartest

sandeepsmartest

Hi Stan,
    How are you doing its been so long!!Well i just have a doubt in auto generation of android manifest file i.e., manifest file consists of version code and version number,should i change these numbers explicitly according to my version number and version code?
    For example my game version number is 1.0 and version code is 2 (This version code keeps on increasing 2,3,4,etc when ever i upload my game apk for alpha testing),
    Should i replace the version number and version code with the one that is being set in publish settings tab in unity
    Code (CSharp):
    1. <manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" android:installLocation="preferExternal" package="APP_BUNDLE_ID" android:versionName="1.0" android:versionCode="3">