Search Unity

[RELEASED] All in One Game Kit - ELC Character System

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by GrantMarrs, Mar 19, 2016.

1. TechSins

TechSins

Ah thanks so much!!

2. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

You're very welcome! :D

3. ITSTH

ITSTH

1) The asset store reports this asset as "3.4 (current) released Feb 24, 2019". I downloaded it in December, but Unity won't download the update. And my unitypackage file from December seems to be 3.4???
    Do I have the latest version?

2) The health script does weird things with the fall damage. Sometimes I get damage for tiny falls, sometimes not for big ones.
    IMHO the problem is that fallDamageToReceive is calculated by delta-y-since-last-frame. Ignoring deltaTime.
    Could you check?

4. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

Hey, thanks for the questions!

1) You do have the latest version! I just swapped out the video on the asset store page in February :)

2) Alright! I'll check and get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks for notifying me about this!

5. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

I haven't been able to reproduce this, but the FallDamage function is called from FixedUpdate. Maybe calling it from the regular Update function will be able to fix what you're talking about. To do this, just follow these steps:
    1. Open up the Health.cs script.
    2. Go to the end of the FixedUpdate() function, and cut these lines of code:
    Code (CSharp):
    1.         //getting values for fall damage
    2.         if (damage.fallDamage.receiveFallDamage){
    3.             FallingDamage();
    4.         }
    3. Paste that code at the end of the Update() function.
    4. Save then test it out!

6. ITSTH

ITSTH

Thanks, I didn't know about FixedUpdate. Then it's probably correct now and moving it to Update won't help.

I rechecked it and noticed that the incorrect damage was mostly received when climbing on a car and sliding down on the side. So not very high, but a very steep slope and then a very short drop. I tried reducing slopeSlideSpeed, but that didn't solve it. Is there any other setting that might help here?

7. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

OK! So I reworked the code and believe I was able to find a fix for this :)
    Just open up the PlayerController.cs script then replace the "void SlopeSliding ()" function with this:
    Code (CSharp):
    1.     void SlopeSliding () {
    3.         //sliding
    4.         if (raycastSlopeAngle > slopeLimit && !jumpPerformed && !inMidAirFromJump && slidePossible && !inBetweenSlidableSurfaces){
    5.             if (!inBetweenSlidableSurfaces && (uphill && !jumping.allowJumpWhenSlidingFacingUphill || !uphill && !jumping.allowJumpWhenSlidingFacingDownhill)){
    6.                 jumpPossible = false;
    7.             }
    8.             else {
    9.                 jumpPossible = true;
    10.             }
    12.             if (noCollisionTimer < 5 || grounded.currentlyGrounded){
    13.                 if (!sliding){
    14.                     slideSpeed = 1.0f;
    15.                 }
    16.                 sliding = true;
    17.                 slideMovement = Vector3.Slerp(slideMovement, new Vector3(slidingVector.x, -slidingVector.y, slidingVector.z), 6 * Time.deltaTime);
    18.                 moveDirection.x += (slideMovement*(slideSpeed*slopeSlideSpeed2) + new Vector3(0, -8, 0)).x;
    19.                 moveDirection.z += (slideMovement*(slideSpeed*slopeSlideSpeed2) + new Vector3(0, -8, 0)).z;
    20.                 if (noCollisionTimer < 2 || !jumpPossible){
    22.                     if (characterController && characterController.enabled){
    23.                         //moveDirection.y += (slideMovement*(slideSpeed*slopeSlideSpeed2) + new Vector3(0, -8, 0)).y;
    24.                     }
    25.                     else if (rigidBody){
    27.                         if (yVel < -0.01f * gravity && Physics.Raycast(pos, Vector3.down, out hit, 1f, noWaterCollisionLayers) && ((Mathf.Acos(Mathf.Clamp(hit.normal.y, -1f, 1f))) * 57.2958f) > slopeLimit){
    28.                             if (transform.position.y - hit.point.y < 0.2f){
    29.                                 transform.position = new Vector3(transform.position.x, hit.point.y, transform.position.z);
    30.                             }
    31.                             else {
    32.                                 //moveDirection.y += (slideMovement*(slideSpeed*slopeSlideSpeed2) + new Vector3(0, -8, 0)).y;
    33.                             }
    34.                         }
    36.                     }
    38.                 }
    39.                 slideSpeed += -slideMovement.y * Time.deltaTime * gravity;
    40.                 if (noCollisionTimer > 2 && !grounded.currentlyGrounded || moveDirection.y <= -gravity){
    41.                     if (!inMidAirFromJump && characterController && characterController.enabled){
    42.                         //moveDirection.y = -gravity;
    43.                     }
    44.                 }
    45.             }
    46.             else if (!inMidAirFromJump && characterController && characterController.enabled){
    47.                 if (sliding){
    48.                     //moveDirection.y = -gravity;
    49.                 }
    50.                 sliding = false;
    51.             }
    52.             else {
    53.                 sliding = false;
    54.             }
    56.         }
    57.         else {
    58.             jumpPossible = true;
    59.             sliding = false;
    60.         }
    62.         //applying friction after sliding
    63.         if (!sliding){
    64.             if (movement.slideFriction > 0){
    65.                 if (!inMidAirFromJump){
    66.                     slideMovement = Vector3.Slerp(slideMovement, Vector3.zero, (24/movement.slideFriction) * Time.deltaTime);
    67.                 }
    68.                 else {
    69.                     slideMovement = Vector3.Slerp(slideMovement, Vector3.zero, (24/(movement.slideFriction*1.5f)) * Time.deltaTime);
    70.                 }
    71.                 if (slideMovement != Vector3.zero){
    72.                     if (rigidBody && !jumpPerformed && !inMidAirFromJump && grounded.currentlyGrounded && noCollisionTimer < 5 && Physics.Raycast(pos, Vector3.down, out hit, 1f, noWaterCollisionLayers)){
    73.                         transform.position = new Vector3(transform.position.x, hit.point.y, transform.position.z);
    74.                     }
    75.                     moveDirection.x += (slideMovement*(slideSpeed*slopeSlideSpeed2) + new Vector3(0, -8, 0)).x;
    76.                     moveDirection.z += (slideMovement*(slideSpeed*slopeSlideSpeed2) + new Vector3(0, -8, 0)).z;
    77.                     slideSpeed += -slideMovement.y * Time.deltaTime * gravity;
    78.                 }
    79.             }
    80.             else {
    81.                 slideSpeed = 1.0f;
    82.             }
    83.         }
    85.     }

Thanks again!

8. starwarscrazy12

starwarscrazy12

Hi hopefully you can help me with this, I bought your all in one Game Kit about a month ago and it works nicely except for a few issues im having when adding your Ninja character to my scene. On occasion the default ninja character will fall out of the world with extreme down velocity, It seems to happen mostly when he is coming off a ledge, My assumption is the character is doing a ground check and is being placed onto the ground, I deactivated "Hard Stick to ground" but that doesn't seem to fix it. Im not sure why this is happening but its consistent, Im using a unity terrain extension "GAIA" he also seems to have this behavior though in a terrain-less scene too.

Hopefully you can shead some light on this issue.

9. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

Hi! I believe the fix from my previous post will solve this problem as well. Give it a try :)

10. starwarscrazy12

starwarscrazy12

Thank, it seems to help a bit but he still falls through the world on occasions, https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_RyAu7O1Me1Or5-saNf0nV-yrtTe2GgI?usp=sharing

Link to video of the issue.
    I would give a go of fixing this myself but I wouldn't really know where to start, I also tried to disable sliding completly but that didnt help.

11. ITSTH

ITSTH

Yes, that solved the problem.

Thanks!

12. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

Hmm, if you disabled sliding completely then the only downward force being applied to the character is gravity. Is your stage using a mesh collider? If that's the case, the problem could be that the mesh collider is too thin in that area and the gravity is pulling the character through the stage. Try adding an invisible box collider under that area, and see if that makes a difference :)

My pleasure!

13. BlazerBen

BlazerBen

Hello,
    I have a question concerning your Climbing System Asset.
    Could we use it on different type of ground (with different type of gravity) like following image ?
    In fact, i try to have a character who move into a shperical map like this :

upload_2019-4-16_21-47-2.png

Do you know if it's simple to adapt your asset with this type of gravity ?
    Thanks you very much if you can help me ! :)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  14. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

Hello! Unfortunately, my asset is programmed for upright movement, so it would not work with a spherical gravity map like that. I'm very sorry :(

15. theonerm2_unity

theonerm2_unity

Hey. I'll just go ahead and say what I'm doing. I'm trying to make my own 3d mario game. I'd like to be able to have similar jumps to what is in Mario 64. As it is it still works pretty decently but it doesn't feel like I'm playing Mario exactly. Is it possible to add stuff like a long jump, sideflip, somersault from the crouch, a dive... Stuff like that. I'm not sure how to add it in because number 1 I've been using unity less than a year and lack experience and number 2 I'm not very familiar with how your code is written. I have animations ready. I just don't know how to add in the other jumps. I bought this asset because I don't know how to code all this stuff in myself anyway. I've been trying to figure this out but to no avail. Hopefully you will help me.

16. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

Hello! Adding special jumps like this would require some coding. I can do this for you then let you know what code to add, but it'll take me a little bit of time to do so. Your project sounds exciting btw! Thank you for the question :)

17. theonerm2

theonerm2

Thanks. I've already got a good system going now. I'm just adding different animations and trying to add some enemies now. I have Mario able to do all the jumps I want now and more. So you can either continue writing that code for me or just stop. It's working great. If you don't mind I'd appreciate it if you'd continue working on this for me because I might want to use that instead. Anyway. I'm going to upload a video to show it off soon.

18. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

Sorry for the late reply! That's great you've been able to make it work for you :) I unfortunately haven't had enough time lately to complete that code for you yet, so that's good to hear you've been making that much progress! Nice work! :D

19. theonerm2_unity

theonerm2_unity

I'm having a problem. When I try to use my animations for the jumps he doesn't jump. What I did was copy the PlayerAnimationController and renamed it MarioPlayerAnimationController. I put my jump motions in the blend tree replacing the default ones. The animation for the jump plays but no vertical movement. He sticks to the ground. I put the default jump motions back in and again I have vertical movement. I'm not sure what is going on.

I figured out that turning the animator update mode back to normal from update physics fixed this issue.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  20. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

Hmm, maybe the animator was relying on the root motion from the animations for vertical movement. My animations have root motion built-in just in case somebody chooses to use it, so maybe that's why your animations weren't moving up until you turned off that "update physics" option. Very nice job figuring out how to fix it! :)

21. theonerm2_unity

theonerm2_unity

As I was testing my jumps with animations today I noticed when I do a long jump Mario jumps higher when you long jump a second time and even higher a third time. So I'm still not done with the jumping. Though I'm very close to it. I need to implement a fix for that. It is combo jumping when I don't want it to. I'm going to have a look at the code again and see what exactly I can do. A lot of the code that I used was copied and pasted from void jump. So something in Void Jump () is causing it I believe. I just need to analyze the code and see what needs added or deleted. My sideFlip might be doing that same thing but I can't tell. Anyways. If I can't figure it out I'm sure you know a possible solution. My power went out and now I'm having to reimport everything. I have a lot of assets in my project.. It's 30GB now. Loads of free and some paid assets. Several models. Lots of stuff I'll probably not even use in my game but it's there if I need it. Heck I even have a megascans subscription and I have lots of PBR textures from poliigon. I have substance painter... So much stuff to make my game wonderful. I'm using the Super Mario 3D world model because I like how it works. I would like to get my game going on Wii U or Switch via homebrew but I don't know how to do that. I think it would be very fun to do though. I've put a lot of time and money into this project and it's just me working on it. I'm making progress every day. I love working on it. If it weren't for all these assets on the asset store I wouldn't be able to do it nearly as well. I'm sure I'd still figure it out but it wouldn't be nearly as easy to do. Making a 3D Mario game is something I've always wanted to do ever since I played Mario 64. I always thought I'd never be able to do it. But I'm doing it now. I've also implemented cannons like in Mario 64. I'm working on flying, been working on enemies. I also need to make it so you can jump on some enemies and kill them. So much to do and so much fun doing it. Another idea I've been trying to work out is how to make some levels either completely random or have random elements and still feel like it's handmade. My idea is to have premade 'modules' that can all fit together and have several different combinations for each level. It wouldn't need to be totally linear either. I could make several paths the player can choose and make them twist together and intersect at times. I would make paths vary in difficulty but the level would still have an overall easy difficulty if it's an easy type of level. I want to make several levels in my game. And how would you get to each level? A simple green pipe. Some pipes will take you to places where you know exactly where you're going. Other pipes will take you to a strange land that you've never seen before. It will have levels from Mario 64 too. If you can find the pipe that goes to Peaches castle you can play levels from Mario 64. There will be old and new types of Bowser battles. I have a lot of ideas.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  22. theonerm2_unity

theonerm2_unity

I have everything figured out now as far as the normal controls. Now I get to build levels.

23. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

Wow! Your project sounds really exciting! I love that you're going for a Mario 64-like style. This is exactly the kind of game I would want to play! Haha. I'm glad you're making steady progress too. Make sure to keep me updated on this! I'd love to see how it progresses. Great work and thanks so much! :D

24. theonerm2_unity

theonerm2_unity

I'm taking a break from the Mario project to work on something I might possibly be able to make money from. I want to work on a platformer that is also a horror game with zombies

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  25. ITSTH

ITSTH

I'm using the animations from LedgeClimbNinja.FBX. Works really well, but I don't like the idle animation at ~5:20. I think I can't edit it with the Unity Editor, seems to be read-only. Could you publish (here?) a version of that file where the idle animation loops before the hand motion?

26. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

Hey, thanks for the question! This actually can be fixed within the Unity Editor :D

All you have to do is select the LedgeClimbNinja.FBX file (located in the AllInOneGameKitELC>Models>LedgeClimbNinja folder), go to the "Animation" tab in the Inspector window, select the "Idle" clip, and then change the end frame from 290 to 177.

I hope this helps! :)

27. ITSTH

ITSTH

Great, that works. Thanks!

28. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

Awesome! My pleasure :D

29. Mythran

Mythran

Is it possible to add dialogue system into this system, or any quest system with ease?
    Is there any integrations of the type tutorials or intentions to add integrations?
    Thanks

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  30. tomraegan

tomraegan

Hi Grant. Hope things are well.

Is there a simple way to add an animation when sliding down slopes (as opposed to sliding down walls)? The sliding kicks in perfectly when I'm on a slope, but I'd love to add an animation.

Loving the asset, as always. Thanks for any help you can give.

31. HonKasumi

HonKasumi

Does this support bouncing boats, i have a real issue with it, i cant figure it out how to manage it

32. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

So sorry for the late reply guys!!

Hello! A dialogue system can be implemented into this very easily! I don't have any tutorials on how to do it unfortunately, but you should be able to add a dialogue system to this like you would with any other setup :) If I had to guess, you may need to disable the PlayerController.cs and LedgeClimbController.cs scripts on the player when dialogue is present, but whichever dialogue system you choose should have an option to disable/enable components like that :D

Hey! So nice to hear from you again :D

Yes, this can be done fairly easily!
    1. Open the player's AnimatorController in the Animator tab.
    2. Next, drag the slope sliding animation you would like to use inside of it (in the "Animator" tab).
    3. Right click the animation and select "Make Transition". Connect the arrow to the main "Movement" box.
    4. Select the "+" symbol in the Animator tab and create a new Bool parameter named "sliding".
    5. Select the transition arrow coming from your animation. Disable its "Has Exit Time" option, and create a condition requiring that "sliding" be false.
    6. Next, open up the PlayerController.cs script and paste this code in the "void FixedUpdate ()" function:
    Code (CSharp):
    1.         if (sliding && !animator.GetBool("sliding")){
    2.             animator.CrossFade("Your Animation's Name", 0f, -1, 0f);
    3.             animator.SetBool("sliding", true);
    4.         }
    5.         else if (!sliding){
    6.             animator.SetBool("sliding", false);
    7.         }
    7. Save then test it out! :)

Hey! Are you asking if the player can stay on a bouncy boat like a moving/rotating platform? If that's the case, then absolutely! All you have to do is make sure "Allow Moving Platform Support" (under the Moving Platforms section) is turned on in the PlayerController component of the player, and that your boat has the tag "Platform" (or whatever you set the platform tag to). I hope this helps! :)

33. tomraegan

tomraegan

Been on holiday and missed this reply.

It works! Thanks ever so kindly.

34. combatsheep

combatsheep

Hi.

Can I stop to run the player which is in attacking?
    The player is moving forward too fast.

Env:
    Unity2019.2.3f1
    iMac2019 Mojave
    AIOGK ver 3.4.

Thanx.

35. HonKasumi

HonKasumi

Hello, im quite new in unity, i would like to have a specific mobile third person controller, walk, run, jump, double jump, death, shoot, hit maeby swim and climb but these at least.

I have already a model i bought and want to implement this into it, the model hase the same size as this assets one, if i could have some help at the beginning it would be awesome, i want to make it for a kid for his birthday, and maeby implement multiplayer later on

36. HonKasumi

HonKasumi

Does this also have mobile scene?

37. theonerm2_unity

theonerm2_unity

The scene works in mobile. I tried it on a cheap android tablet and it played fine.

38. HonKasumi

HonKasumi

where are the mobime inputs?? the touch fields ect?

39. theonerm2_unity

theonerm2_unity

I used a controller. I don't know if there are any touch inputs. I've never used them.

40. HonKasumi

HonKasumi

i have an issue with jumping, it dosent jump only when i press W and D in my keyboard soo front and left, i have no idea why

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  41. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

Unfortunately, this is not possible in the current build. I'm sorry!

Hello! Mobile inputs can be implemented very easily using a separate asset known as the "Simple Input System" :)

The Simple Input System is very easy to integrate actually. The first thing you need to do is download it into your project of course. Next, you'll need to open up the PlayerController.cs script and LedgeClimbController.cs script to edit. For both scripts, go to Search>Replace (or press Ctrl+H) then enter Input in the "Find what :" box and SimpleInput in the "Replace with :" box (make sure that "Match whole word only" and "Match case" are enabled just to be safe). Click "Replace All" then save the scripts. Finally, drag the joystick prefabs included with the Simple Input System into your scene then you should be good to go.

This is likely an issue having to do with the keyboard known as keyboard ghosting or keyboard rollover. Some keyboards are unable to process certain keys being pressed at the same time (space bar and W/D is one of the most common examples). If that's not the case, perhaps the input settings in your project are mixed up. If you go to Edit>Project Settings>Input, you should see the list of your controls/inputs. Try creating a new default project, and compare the inputs in your current project to those. If they're different, try making them the same as the default inputs.

I hope this helps! :D

combatsheep likes this.
  42. combatsheep

combatsheep

O.K.
    Thanks, Grantrum!

43. waqas_haxhmi

waqas_haxhmi

Hello!
    Just want to ask why Ninja did not auto grab the ledge when I jump near-cube.

44. Mythran

Mythran

Hello,
    I was wondering if you were willing to implement vault over, so it was possible to vault over small and medium walls instead of climbing up?

45. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

Hello! The ninja should definitely be able to grab the ledge of a cube, so I wonder what could be happening here! Did you follow the "Setting Up the All in One Game Kit - ELC Character System with a New Character" section of documentation to make sure everything is set up properly? If so, is the cube high enough off the ground for the ninja to be able to hang from it? Also, make sure the cube's layer is not set to "Ignore Raycast."
    Hi! That's a really good idea actually! I'll make sure to keep it in mind, and I may add it in a future update! Thank you!

combatsheep likes this.
  46. Mythran

Mythran

Thank you!
    I'll be looking forward to it!
    Could you share some update preview date?

47. HonKasumi

HonKasumi

Hi, can i get some help, when i try to enter the water from the site ways its like hitting a block, soo in my scenes there are 2 water, and when i try to enter from one water to another i cant

Can i get help.on this

made a video to demonstrate the issue when i try to enter the other water from sideways

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  48. AnHaoz

AnHaoz

I bought AllInOneGameKitELC. The product is good, but I have a problem. Is this a mistake? Please help me. When the character runs on the platform at the bottom-everything works (the character clings). BUT when running on the platform at the top-the character breaks down! help me solve the problem. Why does the character fall?

49. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

Hello! To solve this problem, make sure both water boxes have the tag "Water" and the layer "Water". Then, in the Player Controller component on the player, uncheck the "Water" option in the Collision Layers. I hope this helps! :)
    Hello and thank you! :D This is an odd problem, I'll have to look into it further! I can't seem to recreate it with the Character Controller. Rigidbodies can be kind of finicky when it comes to platforming so I would definitely recommend using the Character Controller version of the player instead of the Rigidbody. Character Controllers are better suited for the player character (especially in platformers), so maybe try using that and see if it works!

50. AnHaoz

AnHaoz

hmmmmmm.......oooookkk. I hope you fix this bug in updates. Anyway, thank you for AllInOneGameKitELC and for your advice )