Search Unity

[RELEASED] All in One Game Kit - ELC Character System

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by GrantMarrs, Mar 19, 2016.

1. IndieGameHustle

IndieGameHustle

Thank you for thank that info.

Also,
    There seems to be a issue with building the project. When working in the editor every seems to work perfect however, when I build a project out the jump is not working. The character flips in place woth no verticle movements. What could cause it this?

Again everything works in editor but not on build?

Thanks

2. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

Hmm, I'm not quite sure what could be causing this. The jump works in my project builds. Maybe there is something strange in your project settings. Also, make sure that the player's layer is set to "Ignore Raycast" and that the Collision Layers of the PlayerController script have "Ignore Raycast" unchecked.

3. The-Driftersoul

The-Driftersoul

Having a slight issue where my character will not stand back up from crouching. Any suggestions?

4. elijahrockshout

elijahrockshout

I know this isn't an often requested feature, but I'd still like to see the option for a mario style, jump on enemies head attack.

IndieGameHustle likes this.
  5. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

Thanks for the question!

Hmm, I can't seem to replicate this issue, so I'm not positive what could be causing it. Make sure that your player's layer is set to "Ignore Raycast" and that Ignore Raycast is unchecked in the "Collision Layers" of the PlayerController script. Also, in the Movement section of the PlayerController script, try enabling the "Hard Stick To Ground" option. Maybe this will fix it.

I hope this helps! Thank you again.

6. zartan917

zartan917

7. The-Driftersoul

The-Driftersoul

It was my error, having looked back over the Documentation and realized how important Raycast was. Fixing those coliders did 100% fix the issue. Product never fails to put my foot in my mouth. :)

8. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

Hi, thanks for the questions!

I don't own that asset, so I'm not sure if it works with mine. The ledge climbing and wall climbing systems in my asset can disable other scripts on the player (such as any movement scripts that might interfere from the other asset), so those should work fine. The health, items, and moving platform systems from my asset should also work, but I'm not sure about the other features.

As for your other question, I don't do freelance work. I'm sorry. Thank you for the offer though! :)
    Haha, no worries! I'm glad it's working now :D

9. keepthachange

keepthachange

I take it no weapons items? like zelda style. sword shield .

10. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

Not currently. Sorry.

11. zartan917

zartan917

o thanks. I didnt see a difference in rigidbody vs nonrigidbody scene. Will either one export to mobile alright? Also i suggest falling /breakaway platforms for future release! Im going to explore further now and look for how to replace character thanks.

12. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

Yes, both scenes can be exported to mobile :) Thank you for the suggestion!

13. honzapat

honzapat

Hey Iam now really thinking about buying this asset but i wanna know do you have in plan to add Multiplayer???I mean if i were to start developeing game it will take my at least year to get somewhere but at that point i wanna know there will be atleast coop.
    Also ability to add own custom special animation like you open chest it will play animation thats currently not in your system , you pickup special item it will play spcial animation?
    Amazing asset probably buy when my bday money get to my bank account.

14. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

Thank you for your interest!
    Unfortunately, I currently do not have plans to add multiplayer. I hadn't really thought about it before, but that's an excellent suggestion! I'll keep it in mind.
    Thank you again :)

15. honzapat

honzapat

and the ability of adding custom animations on top like rope walking or just picked up item show off??
    Also any plans on discount??

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  16. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

No plans for a discount right now. Although if you are a Unity Plus/Pro member you get 20% off of assets on the asset store (including mine).
    Thanks again!

17. honzapat

honzapat

Can you please also reply to my first question about making rope system on top of it.

18. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

Sorry, I didn't know that first part was actually a question (I thought it was a suggestion, lol).

Currently, I do not have plans for adding a rope-walking or item showing off system to the asset. Sorry again. However, if you were to script those features or other additional features in yourself, custom animations can easily be added to the asset already. All you would have to do is add your custom animation to the player's animator controller then use an Animator.CrossFade in your script (to change to that animation and back) :)

I hope this helps and thanks again!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  19. Infidelic

Infidelic

Ok so integrating ELC in my game is going well so far (except minor issues) but I ran into this problem:

I cant put my Playmaker "IK Control" script (FSM) in the slot "Scripts to Disable on Grab" of the Ledge Climb Controller Script.

I am using a Playmaker script for the character to hold a weapon with a IK system and ELC script doesnt recognize Playmaker scripts in the slots. Is there another way to Disable the script when Ledge Climb Controller is active on Grab?

20. honzapat

honzapat

Finally what i wanted to hear nice you are getting higher in my list.

21. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

Hi! Thanks for the question.

When you put the "IK Control" script in the "Scripts to Disable on Grab" section, make sure there are no spaces. For example, you would type it as "IKControl" instead of "IK Control". You may already be doing this, but I'm just checking to make sure. :)

If that's not the problem then we may need to change the script a little. I'm not exactly sure how Playmaker scripts work if they're not like normal scripts, but we should be able to disable them using something like: GetComponent<IKControl>().enabled = false;

To incorporate this into the LedgeClimbController script, just follow these steps:
    1. Open the LedgeClimbController.cs script.
    2. Press Ctrl+H on your keyboard to open the "Replace" window.
    3. In the "Find what" box, enter this: scriptToDisable.enabled = true;
    4. In the "Replace with" box, enter this: scriptToDisable.enabled = true; GetComponent<IKControl>().enabled = true;
    5. Now click "Replace All". After this, we need to replace one more thing.
    6. In the "Find what" box, enter this: scriptToDisable.enabled = false;
    7. In the "Replace with" box, enter this: scriptToDisable.enabled = false; GetComponent<IKControl>().enabled = false;
    8. Click "Replace All".
    9. Save then test it out! :D

I hope this helps! Thank you again.

22. Infidelic

Infidelic

Hey Grantum thank you so much for your reply!

Unfortunately none of these two solutions worked :(

I got this in the console after trying the second solution:

"Assets/Standard Assets/Scripts/Player/LedgeClimbController.cs(2786,54): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `IKControl' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?"

I think it has something to do with the way PM scripts are tagged inside Unity.
    What I mean is that when you add PM scripts on an object they all have the same primary name: "Play Maker FSM(Script)" and then in the dropdown menu of each script you can see its individual name like so:

pm.jpg

I guess we need to find a way to target the script by taking into account these variables.

23. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

Hmm, after looking through the internet, it seems that playmaker scripts are part of a larger playmaker component which needs to be targeted directly. To do this, you could try following the steps I posted before, but instead of using "GetComponent<IKControl>().enabled", try using "GetComponent.<PlayMakerFSM>().enabled" instead. I don't have playmaker, so I can't really test this, but something along these lines may work :)

24. honzapat

honzapat

Ok i bought it and what man this is so bad like swimming is bugged as hack the character stops whenever want its unresponsive to input there is like 0.5 second lag combos are missing groundpound for example coin and health system are addons without mean these can anyone script in 5 minutes you should take care of the main thing also there isnt death animation why would you add health system then ledge moving is also bugged at this time iam really thinking about refund because this is really at point of unacceptable.

25. I_hope_Unity_DIES

I_hope_Unity_DIES

Hi, also having problems just running the demos on Unity 2018.2.5f1 in a clean project. Moving sideways on ledges isn't working correctly and swimming sorta works until you try to get out of the water. Tried my best to fix the problems but all I managed was to give myself a headache. :confused:

26. honzapat

honzapat

lets see i DM him about refund if not respond in 2 wewks contacting unity.

27. I_hope_Unity_DIES

I_hope_Unity_DIES

I hear ya because it is disappointing, but I'm hoping someone here knows how to fix the problems. I personally can do without the swimming (although it'd be great if that worked too), it's just the sideways ledge climbing that I really need. Crossing my fingers that it's not too difficult to fix because I'd really hate to ask for a refund. :(

28. honzapat

honzapat

I more likely want the principe(hope its like this in english) if i were to fix it i can also make my own character controller and dont waste 36.5usd here.

29. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

Sorry for the inconvenience guys! Every time there's a new version of Unity, it always creates new bugs. Of course I fix the bugs I can find, but I don't always find every single one (such as the bugs you've mentioned here). So thank you for letting me know about these! I'll have them fixed as soon as I can. Sorry again!

I_hope_Unity_DIES likes this.
  30. I_hope_Unity_DIES

I_hope_Unity_DIES

Cool :)

I was pretty sure it was because I was using a very new version of Unity from past comments so I can definitely wait. If there's one thing I've learned from the Asset Store is the virtue of patience. ;)

Oh, almost forgot. I don't know if this helps but if I make a cube that has a Y scale of 0.13 the character controller in the demo can ledge climb it sideways but can't go around corners. Again, not sure if that info helps but I thought it might be a good idea to mention it. :)

31. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

Thank you so much for understanding and for the info! Every detail helps :D
    I'll have it fixed as soon as I possibly can! Thank you again.

32. SamuraiJordy

SamuraiJordy

Hey. I am trying to develop using your asset. It's great! The thing is, the demo scene doesn't play like the Web GL demo. For instance, I cannot move on ledges. I have no idea where to start in order to convert it. I just want it to play like the Web GL demo, then I (think) can go from there. This seems to be a stupid question, but I was just wondering if you could help with that. Thank you for your time! ^_^

33. SamuraiJordy

SamuraiJordy

If it helps, the console keeps saying "Look rotation viewing vector is zero". I'm not certain what that means.

34. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

Sorry about that! The reason the WebGL demo works better is because it was exported with an older version of Unity. The latest versions of Unity created some new bugs, so I'm currently in the process of fixing those! :)

35. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

Alright! I fixed all the glitches and I'm uploading the updates now :) They should be available to download within the next few days!

Edit: The updates have been approved!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  36. JVarnes

JVarnes

Hi Grant. Would you consider adding oxygen bar that depletes while underwater and damage when oxygen bar is depleted? (Unless you already have that feature... I did not see it anywhere in the descriptions nor the videos)

37. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

That's a good suggestion! I hadn't actually thought of that before. I may consider adding it in the future, so I'll keep it in mind :) Thank you!

38. SIV

SIV

Hello,

Im facing an issue where the camera go in FP mode when on top of a rotating platform, moving platform works fine btw.
    How to fix pls ?

39. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

Hello!

So the camera enters First Person Mode when you're on a rotating platform? I have a rotating platform in my demo scene, but that doesn't seem to happen. Those two functions shouldn't even interact with each other actually, so it's really odd that's happening. Hmm. In the Camera Controller script, make sure that "Always Use First Person", "Switch To First Person If Input Button Pressed", and "Start Off In First Person Mode For Switching" are all disabled. Also, make sure you don't have any other scripts on your camera that interfere with its movement. That could be a cause as well.

I hope this helps! Thank you :)

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  40. SIV

SIV

Thank you, will try that and let you know :)

41. HORIIK

HORIIK

Hi I am Japanese Unity user.I bought your product:)
    Now I want to increase the number of action command .
    For example
    Press button down A → Sword attack
    Press button down B → Gun shot
    something like that.
    Is that Possible?

I am sorry that maybe my English is so bad:(

42. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

Hello! Thank you for your support :D

Yes, it is possible to add new animations and commands like those. My asset does not have any sword or gun animations included though, so you would have to make them yourself. Also, the gun would require some extra scripting since it shoots out bullets, but it shouldn't be too difficult to add :)

Thanks again!

43. ITSTH

ITSTH

Hi Gantram,

I bought your product yesterday. It was pretty easy to "get running", but I noticed some issues:
    1) If you're using the game pad, then walking left is slower than to the right. (With keyboard it works.)
    I'm using an XBOX360 pad, connected by cable to a Windows 10 PC.
    2) When I start crouching, I can't stand up any more. This happens only in *my* scene, not in your demo scene.
    What could cause this?
    3) It looks like you can't change the crouch key. Could you add that?
    Perhaps it would be good, if you could add a new config section, just for all keyboard/gamepad keys?
    4) It would be great if you could add a sample to the documentation, how to change the configuration at runtime from cs.
    5) Crouch is currently a "toggle" property. Maybe it would be a good idea to support "crouch while key is pressed"?
    6) If you enable wall jump AND double-jump, you can effectively climb any wall, by jumping backwards.
    Not sure it that's intentional.

A lot of points, sorry. This wasn't meant to get you down. Your asset is great!

Thomas

44. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

Hello! Thanks for your support and for pointing these out :)

I'm not really sure why walking left would be slower than walking right. It doesn't do that for me. The keyboard uses the same Input.GetAxis("Horizontal") code as the gamepad, so they should be the same speeds. Maybe your joystick is more sensitive on one side?

As for the crouching issue, I'm not exactly sure why that could be happening either, lol. Hmm, maybe try decreasing the "Crouch Collider Height Multiple" option in the Movement>Crouching section of the Player Controller script. Also, make sure the player's layer is set to "Ignore Raycast".

Also, thank you for the suggestions! If you would like to change the crouch key, simply open up the PlayerController.cs script then press Ctrl+H to open the Replace window. Next, in the "Find what :" box, enter: KeyCode.LeftControl. Then, in the "Replace with :" box, enter the name of the key you would like to use instead. Finally, click "Replace All" then save the file.

The wall jump and double jump thing isn't accidental, but I can see how it might seem like that. Maybe I shouldn't allow for directional input if you double jump out of a wall jump. That would solve the issue and may be a better idea, idk. lol.

Anyways, thank you for the suggestions and kind words :D
    I hope this helps and thanks again!

45. ITSTH

ITSTH

1) The problem is in GettingRotationDirection. When walking left with an XBOX360 gamepad, directionVector is initialized at first with (-0,9364009 / 0). I'm not sure about the formulas in the following lines, but effectively this limits the walking speed by 50%.
    2) You were right about the player's layer.
    4) Could you give me some kind of sample code?

46. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

1) I'll have to look into this. I don't think I've ever had this issue or at least haven't noticed it, so thank you for the heads up.
    2) Great!
    4) Do you mean sample code for how to change the input keys during runtime? If so, I'm not exactly sure how that's done unfortunately (I've never tried it before). However, you probably wouldn't need to modify my asset for that. It would just involve changing the Project Settings>Input values through code somehow.

Thanks again :)

47. PeasLive

PeasLive

This is really a robust engine that I'm super excited to use!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  48. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

Thank you! I'm so glad to hear that :D

49. TechSins

TechSins

Is there any chance i can get help with mobile controls? i downloaded the simple input one but just don't understand it at all, any chance of a tut or could you send me the modified scripts if i sent you my invoice number?

50. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

Hi, thanks for the question!

The Simple Input System is very easy to integrate actually. The first thing you need to do is download it into your project of course. Next, you'll need to open up the PlayerController.cs script and LedgeClimbController.cs script to edit. For both scripts, go to Search>Replace (or press Ctrl+H) then enter Input in the "Find what :" box and SimpleInput in the "Replace with :" box (make sure that "Match whole word only" and "Match case" are enabled just to be safe). Click "Replace All" then save the scripts. Finally, drag the joystick prefabs included with the Simple Input System into your scene then you should be good to go.

I hope this helps, and thank you again! :)

TechSins likes this.