Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] AIO Dynamic Sky - Procedural Day-Night Cycle with Sun & Moon, Clouds & Starfield

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by victorkin11, Oct 28, 2017.

1. victorkin11

victorkin11

*Day Night Cycle
    *Dynamic Clouds
    *Rotate Star field
    *Controllable Moon
    *Easy Setup
    *Simple Config, 1 Material, 1 Script
    *One Draw Call only
    *Ambient light Control
    *Real time Preview

AIO Dynamic Sky should be most easy to setup Dynamic Sky with Day Night Cycle, just like default SkyBox, just put the preset material in light setting, Done. AIO Dynamic Sky isn't base on realistic calculation, It isn't volumetric clouds(too heavy) , including sun, moon, star field & clouds, sun light & moon light can affect the clouds,base on sm2.0, without extra mesh, should be light weight for
    most project.

Assetstore

WIP Thread

Lars-Steenhoff and frankslater like this.
  2. victorkin11

victorkin11

AIO Dynamic Sky v1.2 WIP
    New Sun Shafts helper & fog color control , and next version the price will rise to $20, get it before too late.

Even you already have other package for the skybox, since the price it so low, one more package for option is a good ideal. This is the most easy setup, Affordable & practical solution. Buy it Now only $19.98

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  3. victorkin11

victorkin11

Ver1.3 uploaded

This version is much better than v1.2, Whom want to get it first can send me your inv. no to my Email address, or waiting about 2 weeks when assets store release it.
    If you send me a email, remember the header must have AIO Sky, or I will miss it.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  4. victorkin11

victorkin11

AIO Sky is using 2D clouds with normal map to rendering the sky.

There is a lot of different way to render the sky, Volumetric clouds maybe one of the beautiful way to do that, but not Guarantee.
    Why I say so, there is few game using volumtic clouds, even 3A game in not away using it. what
    is volumetric clouds I talking about, only the real time in game rendering use volume is consider volumetric clouds. (battlefield 1 isn't)
    Only two game I can tell is using volumetric clouds, Horizon Zero Dawn is using it for showoff, and other one is Mafia 3, but no one talking about it, except Angry Joe.

small_Mafia3Sky.jpg

Yes, Volumetric clouds is beautful, but only when you have enough sampling rate, higher is better, it is heavy, if you want to using it, make sure you can highly optimize your game, or your game is very light weight, or all you customer are using GTX1080 Ti.

AIO SKY is targeting mid-budget indie game, that isn't too much option in Unity.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  5. uchimatausa

uchimatausa

What is the performance impact of this asset on a mobile device?
    Thanks.

6. victorkin11

victorkin11

I haven't tested the newest version, the older version can run at 50fps on my oneplus one (gpu: Adreno 330), since I haven't fully optimized the shader, but it is on my road map.
    At this moment I working on the new feature, when I have time, I will do the test.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  7. Yany

Yany

Hi, I invested today. Let me give one more vote for the mobile performance optimization! Keep up the good work!

victorkin11 likes this.
  8. victorkin11

victorkin11

Thank for comment, since next version almost finish, mobile preformance will 1.3 ver main target.

9. victorkin11

victorkin11

aio1.2a.jpg

version 1.2 submitted, the new price is $19.98, it should be in the store for next two week.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  10. victorkin11

victorkin11

The new version is in assets store now, faster that I though. I forget to mention the new version change the cycle setting, is may affect the old version a little bit, when you upgrade the old project, remember check the cycle setting.
    And the sunshafts only preview in game window.

11. magique

magique

This looks like just what I need. I'm developing a Wii U game and trying to squeeze as much performance as I can. Is there any reason to think this wouldn't work on Wii U platform? Wii U uses SM 4.0 and is an AOT platform. I would be willing to buy just to test on Wii U, but if it didn't work then I'd feel better if I knew I could get a refund.

12. magique

magique

I took a chance and am trying to get this working on the Wii U, but it's complaining about shader errors:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Shader error in 'AIOsky/Std01': Compilation Error for pixel shader
    2. position : 0
    3. error code: INVALID_OPERATION
    4. error string: ERROR: 0:203: error(#180) Sampler error samplers must be uniform sampler2D
    5. ERROR: error(#273) 1 compilation errors.  No code generated
    7. (on wiiu)
    8. Compiling Vertex program with DIRECTIONAL
    9. Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP
    Any possible fix?

13. victorkin11

victorkin11

I Don't have wii u, but I will check it later. I Don't know how asset store really can refund, You can try to ask unity.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  14. victorkin11

victorkin11

Have you try the preset mobile folder material? that one is different shader.

15. victorkin11

victorkin11

The mobile version Material Sampler is different, it only affect texture filtering, but it is more compatible.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  16. magique

magique

Not yet. I will try it.

17. magique

magique

Using the Mobile preset it was able to compile and ran on the Wii U. However, for some strange reason I had to enable Network support on the Wii U build for it to compile. Otherwise it was giving some networking error.

Also, I noticed something very strange. In my demo scene running on the Wii U I get about 46-48 fps when the scene is in daylight and 60 fps when at night. So, I'm wondering why the big performance drop when it's in the daytime mode.

[EDIT]
    I see that there were some default settings using higher quality soft shadows instead of using from Quality settings so I adjusted that. Now getting around 56 fps in daytime. I think maybe the sun shafts are what is eating the extra fps, but not sure.

18. victorkin11

victorkin11

I haven't use any network, must be other plugin. Day time need to calculate the sun light, should be slower, and I am working on optimization, if you like it, pls. rate the assest, it can help me spend more time in the asset, thank.

19. magique

magique

OK, thanks. I think performance is quite good considering. I was getting lower fps with other sky solutions. For Wii U I need better performance and not necessarily the best looking solution. I'll have to experiment more and see how this looks with full terrains and vegetation, but I think it could work. As for the networking, I only have one other asset in this test project and it was working without the Networking support. It only complained when I added AIO Sky. But no worries. It's working now.

victorkin11 likes this.
  20. MAttila

MAttila

Hi, I'm using your asset and there is something which is working weird at me. At the transition between two sky materials the timing is not working properly for me. I set the time 10sec but it still changes really fast. Did I miss something?
    Thanks!

21. victorkin11

victorkin11

Can you tell me more detail? you are using the demo or api call?

22. victorkin11

victorkin11

AIO Sky 1.4 will be release soon, here is the PC day/night cycle demo.

DEMO

AthrunVLokiz likes this.
  23. magique

magique

Looks great. The clouds are much improved.

24. victorkin11

victorkin11

Thank! The asset will be on Sales soon.

iddqd likes this.
  25. Fragmented_Art

Fragmented_Art

Hi Victorkin11! I just bought AIOsky 1.3 and wanted to know what settings I need to use to reproduce the cartoon effect of the clouds that we see in the video presentation (AIO sky 1.3 at 0:20 seconds). I tried to redroduce it (with your toon cloud material), but either the clouds are completely white, or they have a rather ugly gray spot. As in the example of your video I wish to reproduce a stylized effect with a clear demarcation between the shadow color and the light color. PS *: sorry for my english (i'm french ^^) / PS **: when do you think you can update the version 1.4? (in the demo it looks like you've added a glittering effect to the stars, no? AIO would be really perfect if you could add this effect, like in tis shader : https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/vfx/shaders/dynamic-starry -Sky-91853)! Thanks again,

26. victorkin11

victorkin11

Sorry for late to reply.
    About the toon shader problem, could you tell me more about your project setting, unity version and color mode. since the unity2018 new render pass isn't support yet, so I need more information to check where is the problem. You can try to remove the package, import it again, it may solve some problem, anyway AIO sky 1.5 will support other render pass.
    1.4 basically is finished, it is my fault that I haven't upload it to asset store, when I fix my computer, I will upload it ASAP.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  27. Black_Raptor

Black_Raptor

Is it compatible with unity 2018.3.12f ?

28. Black_Raptor

Black_Raptor

Any news more than one years later still no 1.4.