Search Unity

1. Looking for a job or to hire someone for a project? Check out the re-opened job forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback [RELEASED] Advanced Survival Kit for Playmaker: FPS Game Template v1.0

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Meka_Games, Dec 3, 2020.

1. BioBurden

BioBurden

Any plans to add some descriptions within the FSMs and States? It would really help with understanding everything going on. Thanks in advance.

2. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

I tried to explain the things with FSM State names. I think there is no need to add a description. I'll take a look, though. Thanks.

3. BioBurden

BioBurden

Thanks, I appreciate it. I agree, the FSMs are pretty clear, but it is a little difficult to learn about the structure of the asset I think, mainly because there so much going on with no documentation really. While the tutorial videos are really good at showing how to do certain things, it doesn't really help with the overall understanding of the asset and all of its moving pieces, if that makes sense?

4. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

Yes, that's right. But sometimes things happen that I can't even explain. I can only say "Logic". :D

5. BioBurden

BioBurden

A high level overview of the various FSMs for both this asset and the FPS one would be fantastic though. Like "this is the inventory, it's constructed like so" and "here's the weapon FSM" just to make it a little easier to learn from really.

Meka_Games likes this.
  6. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

Anyone having a problem with the latest Playmaker version? Please don't forget to make bug reports. If there is no problem, I will work on new feature updates.

BioBurden likes this.
  7. lachean

lachean

Hi. I have severals problems with creatures spawn in my own terrain (in your demo all works fine). I think is better fix one by one. 1.One of them is that error "Failed to create agent because it is not close enough to the NavMesh". I click in error ingame and the object (zombie) is marked like the origin of error. I have created bake , terrain marked static and zombies spawn in terrain but they are statics until see me. Then all works fine: chase, combat, death, etc. I tried with agent radius, baking dozens of time, adjust the spawnig area but nothing, errors remain. Last version of playmaker. This error appears in zombis,and animals, one error by spawning object. Thanks..

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
  8. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

Hello,
    Take care to keep the spawn points of the zombies just above the terrain. Like in the demo scene.
    Also, use the same parameters of the demo scene navigation settings for your scene.

9. lachean

lachean

Perfect. I adjusted the spawn trigger to the terrain and everything is fine in that regard. I have some errors in the log but they do not seem to interfere with the game. I have also created a new melee weapon and it has been easy to do. Regarding a separate tutorial, really following the FSM you can go through the systems, at least for now. Today I am going to try to introduce a new creature, to see what it is. So far I am very satisfied with your product. And thanks for your previous answer. David.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
    Meka_Games likes this.
  10. Joevonfo

Joevonfo

Hi there
    Really nice asset you've made!

I'd however like to second that it would be awesome with some sort of documentation.
    I bought this asset as is has many great features and I thought it would be a good way to get into playmaker.

In practice I have no clue what is going on though or how anything is working in the project :p
    Can't figure out basic stuff like how to use the FPS controller for another scene, how to change zombie stats, what the pool does and so on.
    This is not to say that this is on you dev; It's definitely a matter of me not understanding the layer playmaker puts upon the project yet, but I'm absolutely certain that a lot of buyers would love such instructions on how to utilize this asset :)

11. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

If there are any parts you want to learn or do not understand, you can ask me via e-mail.

Joevonfo likes this.
  12. yborodajev

yborodajev

I have a question. You have tutorial, but with example scene, what you thing about make tutorial with New scene. Like to show people how to start your own project. Mby change zombies to another Enemys. It will be good if you will make Discord Group. Mby i can do some videos, it will help me to learn to. Its really good asset. Just start learn PM.
    I'm really looking forward to the stat system. Gain experience for cutting trees. or for mining. And so is the character damage to the system. It would also be great.

13. yborodajev

yborodajev

Still don't know what to do. i set weapon camera to Overlay, but now i cant see hands or weapons

14. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

Hi,
    It is very simple.

1. Just drag and drop the FPSController and Level Manager Prefabs to the new scene. (Advanced Survival Kit > Assets > Prefabs > Player)
    2. Unpack the Level Manager prefab. (You need to do this, otherwise you can't edit the level manager.)
    3. Bake the NavMesh with these settings.
    5.png

Now you can modify the spawn points of the player, items, animals etc..

If you have the problem of flying zombies, here is the solution:

1. Issue.
    1.png

2. The Y value of the "Area" game object's too high. It should not be like this.
    2.png

3. It should look like this. It almost has to touch the ground. But keep some distance.
    3.png

4. Fix. 4.png

5. Zombies spawn inside the collider of the "Area" game object. Change it's scale for the spawn point distance. Do not change the Collider's size.

6. Also, before starting the game, "Area" game objects must be deactivated.

leightontutt likes this.
  15. Bonzotaz1

Bonzotaz1

@Meka_Games Just a quick question will v2 of this be out by the end of the year? just wondering to whether i should wait or not.

leightontutt likes this.
  16. yborodajev

yborodajev

Can you explain this little bit more? thx just thing still work with URP or

leightontutt likes this.
  17. yborodajev

yborodajev

Thx you. Now its working. Best

Meka_Games likes this.
  18. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

All right! I have stopped all my other work and am preparing an update for this asset.
    See you again soon!

leightontutt and Bonzotaz1 like this.
  19. Bonzotaz1

Bonzotaz1

Your the best thanks so much!!

20. finalbell

finalbell

That's awesome! Any idea when v2 will be out, approximately? And what will be new in V2? A save/load system would be great. Thanks

21. thgsousa

thgsousa

I'm planning to buy, will the project still get updates?

unityunity