Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Advanced Health, Life, Continue, & Respawn Manager For PlayMaker

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by iEpic, Jan 27, 2017.

1. iEpic

iEpic

2. iEpic

iEpic

Features:

1 - Very easy integration with your current project.

2 - Makes designing levels extremely easy by dragging and dropping, and not worrying about anything.

3 - Advanced health, life, and continue managers linked together to perform advance options.
    • You can decide to use only player health, health with lives, or health with lives & continues.

4 - Easily integrate with in app purchases to add lives or continues purchased.

5 - Advanced Saving Options:
    • Saves the amount of lives and continues to the playerprefs.
    • Each object you drag and drop in your scene will automatically generate a unique name with the current level name. This allows you to determine if the player can only get the pickup one play-through, or is able to get it every time the level is loaded.You can set this for each pickup item by simply selecting the option in the inspector.

6 - Advanced Health Options:
    • Decide to use icons or numbers to display the amount of health remaining.
    • Set how much damage a gameobject produces by changing the value in the inspector.

7 - Advanced Respawns:
    • Respawns & checkpoints are linked to the life & continue managers.
    • Allows the player to respawn at current checkpoint on death if lives are remaining.
    • If no lives are remaining, give the player the option to use a continue to spawn at the current checkpoint.
    • If no lives or continues remain, a different death menu will show, explaining that they must restart from the beginning of the level.
    • You can decide to use/mix and match any feature mentioned above to suit your game.

8 - uGui Death Menu
    • Re-designs itself depending on the amount of continues remaining.
    • At death the player can choose to restart the level, or use a continue if no lives are remaining.

9 - uGui buttons added for easy testing

10 - You will learn some new skills, and it's fully commented for easy understanding and tweaking.

*_^-_-----------------------------------_-^_*

3. iEpic

iEpic

4. fernandomedequillo

fernandomedequillo

Hi, Just purchased. I want to change the heart into a health bar using graphic image? how can i do that? thanks

5. iEpic

iEpic

There are a few ways you can change the hearts to show an actual health bar.

The 1st way is to use a separate image for each value of life.
    Depending on the amount of life you have, it shows a different image.
    49e2498a414f221x.jpg

The second way will make your game size smaller than the first because it only uses 2 images and a canvas mask.

healthbar1xx.jpg

A canvas mask over an image will hide whatever part it is covering.
    So the first thing you would do is put the 2nd image on top of the first image in the correct place.
    Then you would use a canvas mask to cover the parts of red as you lose health.
    You could either start at the right side, and move left to cover the red more and more when you lose health, or you could just activate new masks to make the red disappear as you lose life.

You can learn more about masks here. https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/topics/user-interface-ui/ui-mask

Honestly I would just go for option one because it is a lot easier.

6. Peachanas

Peachanas

Just purchased the asset! Can't wait to play around with it...thank you for this, its mainly to see how the saving playerprefs is done without a 3rd party addon for playmaker.

7. BigBoiii_Jones

BigBoiii_Jones

Can this be used in a 3D environment?

8. unity_5ABBB4336120C5C62E89

unity_5ABBB4336120C5C62E89

can any help to how to Health decrease and Increase when i am close App And In app open i am new in playmaker please help me......